Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why Juggernaut Will Save EpicDuel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why Juggernaut Will Save EpicDuel
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/17/2012 14:53:16   
Angels Holocaust

After our most recent update there has been a lot of hate for this great mode. Now, why are you so mad ? Did you all forget why juggernaut was implemented in the first place? It was to prevent lower lv noobs from holding back the higher lv players in 2 vs 2. This mode not only makes higher lvs feel good about themselves but forces the lower lv noobs to buy varium to compete. Whoever created this mode is a genius of the highest caliber, it makes existing customers happy and helps create new ones.
Post #: 1
6/17/2012 16:26:21   
Stabilis

quote:

This mode not only makes higher lvs feel good about themselves but forces the lower lv noobs to buy varium to compete.

Short answer to a long debate:

Oligarchy in a videogame. *makes a loud buzzer sound*
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/17/2012 17:00:30   
Santa ClawZz

Yes. Juggernaut mode is saving EpicDuelists' egos. Now that there's Juggernaut faction leaderboards, there will even be more competition on who can look better killing those level 25 noobs. Lovin' it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/17/2012 17:02:46   
Lord Machaar

@Angels Holocaust
quote:

This mode not only makes higher lvs feel good about themselves but forces the lower lv noobs to buy varium to compete.

Forces? you got to be kidding me, what their sin if they can't buy themselves varuim, not everyone from the USA as i know? and not everyone is rich as i know?
Juggernaut battle mode is good just how it is right now. But not in the way u talked about in ur post, yes we paied for the card (1200var/20k credits), we paied to test a good battle mode, but not to get free wins... and torture low level players... that's actually won't make them buy varuim, it will make them QUIT the game. and yes, what if no more players joined to ED, u know what's gonna happen, so we better keep our options open, and stay away from sacrficing with a group of people, to satisfy another one,

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 6/17/2012 17:04:15 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/17/2012 17:12:16   
Xx. Christian .xX

quote:

Forces? you got to be kidding me, what their sin if they can't buy themselves varuim, not everyone from the USA as i know? and not everyone is rich as i know?
Juggernaut battle mode is good just how it is right now. But not in the way u talked about in ur post, yes we paied for the card (1200var/20k credits), we paid to test a good battle mode, but not to get free wins... and torture low level players... that's actually won't make them buy varium, it will make them QUIT the game. and yes, what if no more players joined to ED, u know what's gonna happen, so we better keep our options open, and stay away from sacrficing with a group of people, to satisfy another one,

Agree on the buy varium part, but a little of them will quit, but most of them will do npcs or some will do offers, thats why i started advertising Prizerebel, and portal.battleon.com (i know its not allowed, but im trying to save the game)

< Message edited by reyes 89 -- 6/17/2012 17:13:04 >
Post #: 5
6/17/2012 17:24:01   
Angels Holocaust

The players of this game will never quit epicduel. Everyone talks about quitting but have you seen anyone ever keep their promise? No matter how badly a person trash talks this game they will come back. That's a fact! This game is essentially our drug and no matter how bad they treat us, we'll come back.
Post #: 6
6/17/2012 17:41:04   
PivotalDisorder

their should be no excuse for treating the 25-29s so badly. completely thrown to the wolves and the wolves are hungry for noob. I have no doubt that this
fad would pass if win rates dropped to 80% for full varium Juggernauts. they feel humiliated and nerd rage when they lose a Jugg match, it's so funny.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 6/17/2012 18:07:55 >
Post #: 7
6/17/2012 18:02:54   
Ranloth
Banned

@Machaar
No better way to summarise it. :3

Angels, show me data that shows there's more players joining the game and none quitting. Perhaps also Varium sales, if they have been raising, staying the same or going down which should be relevant to your post you've just made. If I ask too much, sorry but I just want some proof to what you say. For example like how we'll come back - I quit AQW last year and haven't come back, same with MQ yet I spent money for both (about $100 for AQW, $20 for MQ); not much but always something.
Your first post is really not that good, sure there's some true in there but give some data that proves there's more customers and new ones are appearing + spending more money on Varium due to Juggernaut mode. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
6/17/2012 18:12:04   
Ez_Ease

There is very few things that will get under my skin as the sense of entitlement.
Just because a player paid money it should be easier for them to win, no. It should
give them an edge but not a guarentee win, very few things are and I wont go into that.
As some of the other player stated not everyone lives in the USA, as seen when we
wanted to honor the men and woman who paid with their lives. Not everyone in the
US is rich. The one thing that concerns me is a growing disrespect for a new player
or non varium player. Players should feel free to play however they want to play, without
insults. The only time a person should look down on another is because you are
helping them up, because there will come a time when you will be looking up
and hoping someone will help you.

Rant done other than that I have not been a Jugg and I have really
no intention to be one, but I have found when fighting one, the battle
to be interesting. I do think a good win percentage is between 66% and 80%
if you are really good maybe 85%. One more point if everyone is above 90%
what does that say?
Epic  Post #: 9
6/17/2012 23:12:34   
rej

quote:

After our most recent update there has been a lot of hate for this great mode. Now, why are you so mad ? Did you all forget why juggernaut was implemented in the first place? It was to prevent lower lv noobs from holding back the higher lv players in 2 vs 2. This mode not only makes higher lvs feel good about themselves but forces the lower lv noobs to buy varium to compete. Whoever created this mode is a genius of the highest caliber, it makes existing customers happy and helps create new ones.

I may have worded that a bit more tactfully, but I agree with most of your points. There is nothing wrong with juggernaut. If you don't like it, then by all means, stick to 1v1 and 2v2.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/18/2012 0:15:38   
Shadronica

quote:

The players of this game will never quit epicduel. Everyone talks about quitting but have you seen anyone ever keep their promise? No matter how badly a person trash talks this game they will come back. That's a fact! This game is essentially our drug and no matter how bad they treat us, we'll come back.

I don't think that ED is personally a drug for me ... its more of a bad taste!

I play other online games and have only made a few posts ever in any of their forums due to the fact that any problems regarding the game are usually dealt with swiftly. Therefore, they don't become the huge problems that we see in ED.
The biggest problem now for ED is that nobody can fix it.

Viva le Juggs. hehe

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/18/2012 0:21:37   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I honestly hate it, it's like saying "Well, you paid a bunch of credits to kill some noobs, now let the noobs suffer"
There should be an option to turn on whether or not you allow Juggernaut battles
I hate fighting juggs.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/18/2012 0:32:49   
SouL Prisoner

I love the Mode (Juggernaut)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/18/2012 0:37:19   
sylar67

quote:

This drug , our drug , has became a drug to us after spending money and time on the game i bet you if you were not able to lvl up fast at lvl 26-29 without getting 1 win( against a lower newbie ) 10 losses to pros you will quit and i assure you that you wont buy varium varium at those levels doesnt help , it only helps at the (-4) - level cap .
Post #: 14
6/18/2012 0:50:51   
Renegade Reaper

im a juggernaut myself, but i have a non varium alt as well, and when i beat a juggernaut,
i get a true feeling of satisfaction. its a decent mode, but it needs to have more
challenges for the juggernaut.

< Message edited by reaper666 -- 6/18/2012 0:51:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/18/2012 0:51:42   
Lord Nub

Keep any new players from enjoying the game? Yeah lets do it! Lets make them quit before they get started from frustration! Grand idea! Get it Juggernaut mode you're awesome!

BTW it doesn't help 2v2 mode at all because we still face the same issues. Seems more so now than ever actually with all the nerfs and stress placed on luck factors, it's really hard to come out of a match alive against two 34 full variums when you have a chump 30 or some fool who doesn't know how to take their turn

Really wish they would add an ally link mode. I don't see the issue with it and it seems the staff are so against it for some reason. It would bring so much to the table and for those who can't compete in it, don't play it. 2v2 will be lightened up from most of the maxed out players enjoying ally link and hopefully by then something would be done with Jug so that the new/noob players can learn the game without being massacred.

Nah forget all that, lets get us some new weapons and missions baby!!!! That's what we need!!!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/18/2012 3:51:27   
PivotalDisorder

@Lord Nub: many have suggested ally link-up, but how exactly would it work for you?

you seem to be implying it's a separate game mode. Aren't the queues likely to be horrific? seeing as it requires a fair bit of coordination to set up
a linked team. if the mode worked like the existing 1v1 challenge mode, then you would get no xp or credits from the battles, that would mean you
could do 2v2 tournaments and stuff, but it would purely be for fun and would require even more coordination to setup the linked teams.

seems like a nice but low key feature. [had it on my wiki page for awhile]

Post #: 17
6/18/2012 5:27:52   
zion

Why not just put a cap for how many Jugg battles per hour (or day)? I agree that full vars are overpowered for this mode, but non-vars are still surely not. So if you can afford the silver card, you should have a decent mode where you are a little stronger than other modes, even if it means the elite are more "elite-er". Oh, and the price of the cards should go up to make it harder to attain the more elite battle mode.
--noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/18/2012 5:40:12   
Darkwing

I love juggernaut mode. make a 34 feel like a god killing lvl 25s that don't have equipment...... ohWaitNo
Post #: 19
6/18/2012 6:16:23   
i like bounty hunter

I Am Well A 28 Merc Juggernaut And Juggernaut Is A Good Mode

My Juggernaut Ratio Is Bad And It Should Be Bad

But What Im Trying To Say Is Juggernaut Is Balanced To Me

If You Dont Like Fighting Low Levels Making Them Feel Bad Then Dont Play It

< Message edited by i like bounty hunter -- 6/18/2012 6:17:55 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/18/2012 6:38:51   
Silver Sky Magician

I'll just like to remind everyone that the average non-varium juggernaut isn't exactly viewing the battle mode as a method to get free wins. Personally my win rate as a non-varium juggernaut without enhancements (or boosters) is 50%-60%. Even with the new changes to the level range. While this may say something about my build and skill as a player (and of the gap between varium and non-varium players), I hope that it also illustrates an issue that any solution 'fixing' Juggernaut should consider.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 6/18/2012 6:40:01 >
Post #: 21
6/18/2012 7:13:52   
zion

@ssm:
Agree, it is now a somewhat viable mode for the most elite non-vars... just make it a harder battle mode to attain so it can't be abused by every varium noob or make an hourly/daily cap...
--noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/18/2012 20:05:38   
Wraith

After spending $10 simply to use a battle mode, I expect to feel better. Not rage because of stupid darn lower levels.

I expect to win, because I PAID to play. If I paid to play, I feel like I deserve a good shot at winning, and having fun.

$_$ = something better
$_$ =/= free loss
$_$ = fun
Lack of $_$ = deserve nothing

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/18/2012 21:18:49   
Sageofpeace

i wouldn't care how long it would take if link 2vs2 were implanted but i wanted link for 2vs2
Post #: 24
6/19/2012 8:39:31   
PivotalDisorder

@Sageofpeace: linked 2v2 would ruin 2v2 if it was attached to that mode, would just mean 2 full varium beast teams destroying anyone stupid enough to click 2v2 without an OP team.
the feature would work if it worked just like 1v1 challenge, but wouldn't reward any XP or credits. what about a 1v1 and 2v2 mode for level capped players instead? [no link up though]

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 6/19/2012 8:40:10 >
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why Juggernaut Will Save EpicDuel
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition