Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Juggernaut prey

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Juggernaut prey
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2012 1:29:26   
8x

I think devs should make it so that low levels can only be forced into jugg battle once out of tree battles. Since the newest release there are a lot of juggernauts and almost every 2vs2 battle matches lvls 25-29 with juggernauts.

I know it will take longer to find battles if this happens, but at least it will be more fair for low level players. In at least 40 of my battles yesterday players were annoyed and swearing and in at least 20 battles one of the players rage logged out. People will start quiting.

Lower levels should be awarded 250-500 credits and double xp for defeating a juggernaut.

Edited out profanity ~Lycus

< Message edited by Lycus -- 6/24/2012 5:33:11 >
Epic  Post #: 1
6/23/2012 8:58:45   
SouL Prisoner

@8x i not sure, if you have noted this but, after the jugg, faction board, its really hard to find a opponent in jugg... it used to take 5-10 sec, b4... and now it takes 1-2 mins!!! and on that.....ur suggestion ...i dont noe about low lvl players, but juggs, might quit coz of less players, to battle with .... :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/23/2012 11:40:56   
8x

Today after reset it took 5 minutes to find each battle (for me), but if this keeps up people in 25-29 level range will stop playing 2vs2 or maybe even quitting ED (why would they keep playing if they lose 90% of battles?). And then it will take 10 minutes to find a battle instead of 5 minutes.

In a lot of battles people just run away when they see me. I love free wins, but it's just getting ridiculous.
Epic  Post #: 3
6/23/2012 11:42:17   
Coolkid1999
Banned

I agree on the lots of xp and credits for beating a juggernaut. and please do not swear on the forums. also i think juggernaut is unfair in alot of battles cuz theres so many low level noobs around.
Post #: 4
6/23/2012 11:54:28   
Stabilis

Juggernaut is imbalanced, it would be better optimized if Juggernauts fought people of their own level range with a handicap since they have to fight at a disadvantage (2 on 1).
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
6/23/2012 14:36:28   
jack123610

I dont see why people hate juggernaut i used to make them mad by using poison build

And I loved juggernaut so much i didnt care if i won or lost i just liked playing with juggs

To help you guys this is the build i used Poison build i didnt have it 100% as its shown i made it like the vid as much as i could

< Message edited by jack123610 -- 6/23/2012 15:18:37 >
Post #: 6
6/23/2012 14:48:02   
Stabilis

When level 35 comes out you may battle players that are level 35, but you do not have to worry about that because you can only fight players who have a lesser level than you.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
6/24/2012 5:03:05   
SouL Prisoner

Well, in simple words, jugg, and 2v2 cant really be balanced 100% some or other way, it would cause a prob, for players, could be high levels or the low..levels ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/1/2012 5:39:03   
StephCQ

It is 1 July 2012 @ 03:32 CST.

I just got finished doing a bunch of battles thru the Midnight Hour time slot; and, I haven't played EpicDuel for some time.

Almost all of my recent battles (guessing around 90%) were Juggernaut Battles. The first three were against the same Juggernaut.

I don't mind going up against Juggernauts now and then; and, every so often.

My wins against Juggernauts are rare; and, only with those that can get stunned by the Overload attack. My Main Character is Dr. Afrika. Those of you who know her, know that she uses Health Boosters when fighting against Juggernauts. The Health Boosters do help with my victories against Juggernauts.

It is interesting that Juggernaut Players complain about Dr. Afrika's usage of Health Boosters; then, they start using their Juggernaut's Healing Abilities to survive the battle; even in battles where Dr. afrika doesn't use Health Boosters (because I forgot to stock up). Those Juggernauts that don't get stunned by the Overload attack (most of them) are able to regain more Hit Points and Energy Points than the Non-Juggernauts; after, the Non-Juggernaut Characters have expended their Energy Points. Because Dr. Afrika has a very large Energy Reservoir, she is able to use Big Attacks against Juggernauts longer than most other Non-Juggernaut Characters; partly because, she uses Health Boosters on herself and her teammates instead of using Energy Spending Attacks.

Juggernauts are unbalanced when going up against Non-Juggernauts.

I don't mind the 2v1 Juggernaut Battles when clicking on 2v2 Battle Icon. However, Juggernaut Battles shouldn't be recorded as 2v2 Battles for Win/Loss Ratios.

Maybe Non-Juggernaut Players should have the 2v1 Battle Option; instead of, randomly encountering Juggernauts with the 2v2 Battle Option.

Dr. Afrika is only effective against certain weak Juggernauts; and, requires her teammate to be adequately setup, or skilled, for fighting Juggernauts. My Gameplay Experience has been that most Non-Juggernaut Players aren't adequately setup, or skilled, for fighting Juggernauts; thus, defeat is a forgone conclusion; unless, Dr. Afrika stuns a Juggernaut with her first attack. A few Non-Juggernaut Players do know how to fight Juggernauts; but, they are more effective against Juggernaut designs that Dr. Afrika isn't effective against.

There should be a New Win/Loss Category: "Vs Juggernaut".

Juggernauts should have their own Juggernaut Vs Juggernaut Battles. I am thinking 1v1; but, as I am typing out this paragraph, I am thinking that maybe 2v2 Juggernaut Battles may be allowed also. However, the 2v2 Juggernaut Battle System would require major changes to the EpicDuel Combat System.

During my last Juggernaut Battle, I "Quit The Battle" by walking away from my computer; because, there is no easy "Quit/Surrender" In-Game Button to Click-On with the Mouse Cursor; and, I knew that the battle was lost from the start; and, I didn't want to use up my Heath Boosters; and, I was totally frustrated with having Back-To-Back Juggernaut Battles.
Epic  Post #: 9
7/1/2012 8:50:19   
nico0las

I'm glad someone brought this up finally, and @above you're very right too.

Juggernaut is too unbalanced, and we don't realize it because we're win-greedy. I find it sick to abolish weaker players repeatedly for wins. At least 2v2 had skill involved.
I'm agreeing with the suggestion. It's true, we need it. Sadly the majority of this forum is composed of level 30+, I'm sure if we had 25-29s this post would be blowing up with players agreeing fully.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/1/2012 8:59:10   
King Coolz

I don't think they should get additional credit but I think they should get double the fame and double battle token. The concept of adding more credit will just ruin the econemy even more and as far as I see it people are just gonna keep aiming for that cyber hunter and this will make it easier for them but it wasn't a bad ideal for you to come up with this. Its pretty nice you don't only think of yourself but you think as yourself as a part of respected players.

-King Coolz

Removed signature as per rules. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 7/5/2012 2:37:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
7/1/2012 11:46:25   
friend18

Back when I started playing (in March), I had Juggernauts 2/3 fights in 2v2. I lost the first 10+ fights before I realized that the trick to beating them is rage... Most juggs are so overconfident that they don't see the nasty bolt coming :) And if my partner listens to me, I win 9/10 jugg fights :) It's just all about strategy. It IS possible to win... even as a non-varium (because I was one at the time). I haven't had issues with juggs on my bounty hunter either... Rage, massacre, and then a rage again in 2 turns hurts a ton...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/2/2012 15:30:03   
StephCQ

I am a F2Per who never was a P2Per; and, I have had a number of victories against Juggernauts.

Credits do need to be increased versus Juggernauts; although, honestly, I really don't look at the rewards acquired from Juggernaut battles.

I play 2v2 more often than 1v1; because, I can create a more effective 2v2 Tech Mage than a 1v1 Tech Mage with Dr. Afrika; and, because the rewards are greater for 2v2 battles than for 1v1 battles.

Right now, Dr. Afrika has plateaued because she doesn't have the credits to Upgrade her Staff & Sidearm & Auxiliary & Armor; or, Buy A New Staff & Sidearm & Auxiliary & Armor.

Alot of Credits are being spent on buying Health & Energy Boosters; and, she isn't getting enough Reward Credits to accumulate Credits after buying Health & Energy Boosters that are being spent in Juggernaut Battles.

Dr. Afrika wouldn't be having the successes that she has been having in EpicDuel without the Purchased Boosters.

The problem with Juggernauts is that most Non-Juggernaut Characters aren't setup to fight Juggernauts. Fighting a Juggernaut requires a different Character Setup than fighting in a 2v2 Battle & a 1v1 Battle. Fighting in a 1v1 Battle requires a different Character Setup than fighting in a 2v2 Battle.

Most Players at Level 25 thru 29 have stopped buying Health & Energy Boosters; thus, they aren't capable of enduring in a battle against Juggernauts like Dr. Afrika; which, is required for victories against Juggernauts.

I have been in alot of Juggernaut Battles in which my Partner needed an Energy Booster to deliver a Game Winning blow to the Juggernaut; but, couldn't because my Partner didn't carry any Boosters; and, my 2 booster Slots were filled with Health boosters that had been used in the battle. Thus, the Juggernaut was able to regenerate Hit Points & Energy Points; while, my Partner and Dr. Afrika had no way of Regenerating Hit Points & Energy Points; thus, we would lose the Battle against the Juggernaut.

Dr. Afrika can only inflict serious damage to a few select Juggernaut Designs; even so, she can't defeat those Juggernauts by herself. Because of the randomness of the 2v2 Battles, alot of Dr. Afrika's partners are unwilling to fight Juggernauts, or don't know how to fight Juggernauts; and, don't have their Characters setup for fighting against Juggernauts. And that doesn't include those Players who want to see Dr. Afrika fail in battle; or, who are giving the Juggernaut a "Gimme" win.

Now include Juggernaut Designs that Dr. Afrika can't seriously damage; but, that can seriously damaged by other Characters. Dr. Afrika's most effective Strategy is to provide HP Support to her Partner; but, majority of Dr. Afrika's partners aren't setup to fight against a Juggernaut; even, a Juggernaut design that the Partner can seriously damage. Thus, the Juggernaut wins the battle.

With the exception to my recent 30 June 2012 - 1 July 2012 Game Session, my 2v2 Battles were mostly 2v2 Battles and not 2v1 Juggernaut Battles. Actually, I hate Juggernaut Battles because majority of Dr. Afrika's Random Partners can't do squat against Juggernauts; or, are Quitters in a Juggernaut that can be seriously damaged and/or nearly defeatable.

Non-Juggernaut Rewards in a 2v1 Juggernaut Battle should take into consideration, "Near Defeat/Destruction" of the Juggernaut even though the Juggernaut regained all or most of its Hit Points; as well as, the duration of the battle against the Juggernaut. Most of Dr. Afrika's last a long time because she uses Health Boosters & Healing Ability with a very large Energy Reservoir. Without Dr. Afrika's Healing Activities, most of her Juggernaut Battles would be over in 4 to 6 Rounds.

CONCLUSION
Juggernauts are Unbalanced because they are being pitted against Characters who can't fight them effectively because of their character Setup; and, against Players who can't, or won't, fight Juggernauts.

Juggernauts need to be pitted against other Juggernauts in 1v1 Juggernaut Battles; although, most Juggernaut Players would rather play against Non-Juggernaut Characters that can't defeat their Juggernaut Characters.

Non-Juggernaut Players need to have a 2v1 Juggernaut Battle Option. This will allow Non-Juggernaut Players to team up with other Non-Juggernaut Players who are willing to fight Juggernauts; and, allow for Non-Juggernaut Players to setup their Non-Juggernaut Characters for fighting Juggernauts. With this feature, Juggernauts will be experiencing more defeats; and, won't be given "Gimme" Wins by Quitters who don't want to be in 2v1 Juggernaut Battles. Thus, with the 2v1 Juggernaut Battle Option for Non-Juggernauts, Juggernauts will be Balanced within EpicDuel.

Non-Juggernaut Players need to be given greater Rewards for battling Juggernauts; because, a single Non-Juggernaut Character can't defeat a Juggernaut without the assistance of a Partner.
Epic  Post #: 13
7/3/2012 15:34:16   
StephCQ

I was looking at Dr. Afrika's Win/Loss Statistics; and, saw the new "Juggernaut" Stat...!!!YEA!!!

Dr. Afrika has fought 512 1v1 Battles and 1,218 2v2 Battles. However, an unknown portion of these 2v2 battles are actually 2v1 Juggernaut Battles.

With a total of 1,730 Battles fought; and, subtracting those battles fought during my 30 June - 1 July 2012 Game Session (I'm guessing around 30), Dr. Afrika's 2v1 Juggernaut Battles were approximately 1 per 10 battles.

During my 30 June - 1 July 2012 Game Session, all of my 2v2 Battles were actually 2v1 Juggernaut Battles; except, for 2 or 3 2v2 Battles; which, were actually 2v2 Battles. To get away from fighting Juggernauts; and, to test out Dr. Afrika's 1v1 Battle Capabilities, I engaged in a number of 1v1 Battles (I'm guessing around 10 in total).

I am guessing that Dr. Afrika is only effective against 1 Juggernaut Design; and, that there are a total of 4 different Juggernaut Designs.

Of all of Dr. Afrika's Juggernaut Battles (including my 30 June - 1 July 2012 Game Session), Dr. Afrika's win Ratio is around 1 Win per 10 Battles against Juggernauts. I am guessing that Dr. Afrika has had 2 Near Wins per 10 Battles against Juggernauts.

I don't like having a high Juggernaut Battle Ratio within the 2v2 Battle Option that I experienced during my 30 June - 1 July 2012 Game Session. It is unfair to Non-Juggernaut Players who want to fight in 2v2 Non-Juggernaut Battles; and, it is unfair to Non-Juggernaut Players who want, or are willing, to fight Juggernauts.

About half of my losses to Juggernauts were due to the fact that my Partner refused to fight the Juggernaut. Most of these battles were against Juggernauts that Dr. Afrika wasn't effective against; and, a Loss was certain; although, some of these battles could have resulted in a victory if the Partner hadn't Quit The Battle

Even so, jacking over a Juggernaut without actually defeating is no better than not being able to make a dent against a Juggernaut as far as how the EpicDuel Rewards System works; thus, it is far better to Retreat From Battle than to waste Health & Energy Boosters by continuing a Forgone Losing Battle; because, the Epicduel Reward System makes the same for Retreating From Battle and Losing The Battle.

ULTIMATELY
Dr. Afrika is getting jacked over in the long run; because, I stay and fight in Forgone Losing Battles; whether, they be 1v1 Battles or 2v2 Battles or 2v1 Juggernaut Battles; as well as, I am burning Mega Credits with buying Health & Energy Boosters that Dr. Afrika needs to win Battles in general; although, there are Battles in which I don't use the Boosters that Dr. Afrika
is Packing During Battle.

< Message edited by StephCQ -- 7/3/2012 15:45:10 >
Epic  Post #: 14
7/5/2012 10:40:58   
Rui.
Banned

a jugg can have a hard time against 2 fully equipped level 26+ players and he may need to boost as well.
If players want to battle with no gun, aux or a good primary they deserve to die. They are getting some credits for their losses that a bonus for playing like a noob. What added bonus does a player have after reaching max level with max enchant. Jugg is the only advantage from my point of view.
Post #: 15
7/5/2012 12:31:01   
InceptionAE

I'd support this idea, if those players quit playing ED then there won't be any Juggernaut battles. Also, these players aren't awarded properly. I would say 300 credits, 5 tokens, and 30 influence every time they defeat a jugg. Just to make it fair. And to help them from quitting because they lose I may suggest giving them 100 credits, and 10 influence. It would be a great reward for them considered they tried. Also this game is to play for fun not to take seriously like most other players do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/5/2012 12:52:47   
Rui.
Banned

your talking about people quitting and getting annoyed jugging. Look at dr. Africas primary. She is using a level 7 staff. The aux and gun is a physical that has no advantage over her malf. Do you seriously expect to do well jugging. Why dont you try 1 on 1 see how fast you get ripped to shreads. The only reason you do 2 on 2 is to rely on your partner or be a burden on him. All i see is pointless whine from noobs who cant equip then self with better gear, Considering tell fact they even added encuberance.
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Juggernaut prey
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition