Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(Before AQ/DF/AQW) Destiny of Frozen Earth

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AE Crossover >> (Before AQ/DF/AQW) Destiny of Frozen Earth
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/26/2012 21:44:50   
Beshin Adin

( Discussion)

Destiny of Frozen Earth – Book I: Chaos Within the Ice

Now this story takes place long ago in Lore’s history. In ancient times, the element of Ice was among the most powerful elements in existence. But, the hearts of the elemental Ice Kings were as pristine as a freshly fallen snow, and the humans of Lore were treated as their dear children. This is the story of a young man who believed and learned from his Hero, the Champion of Ice, and how the great glaciers of fate melted, and revealed Lore’s destiny.

The heavenly song wafted out of the cathedral, and faded into the morning air. Inside, up at the podium at the altar, the young man proudly finished a hymn taught to humanity by the Ice Kings years ago. The man was young, 18, barely out of his boyhood. His hair was jet black, and grew down to his shoulders. His eyes were stone gray, the complete opposite of the vibrancy in his singing voice. He wore a fur parka, with leather gloves and boots. With this continuous Ice Age, there was no doubt in anyone’s mind that a great change was about to bless Lore.
The minister walked up to the singer. “Beautiful song, Seta. I could’ve sworn that your voice was even melting the icicles.” Seta nodded his head. “Thank you, Reverend. I will see you next week.” He went for the door, but the minister stopped him. “Seta, I am curious. You always seem to be in a hurry, and no one knows why.” Seta grinned slightly. “Isn’t it obvious? We all know that this Ice Age is the Ice Kings’ way of telling us that the world is changing. I, personally, feel my own destiny tugging at me. If a world-changing event happens, I want to be there for it.” The minister let go of Seta’s sleeve. “I see. Then, I shall pray that you uncover your destiny. May the great Ice Queen, Yuki-Onna, guide you.” Seta said goodbye to the minister, and headed off on his way.

Seta wasted no time when he heard the woman’s scream. After hurrying, he saw her in an alley. She had five attackers, two were holding her arms, two were holding her legs, and one was advancing on her with a malicious grin. She wore the same attire as Seta. After all, one didn’t have much choice in clothing during Lore’s Ice Age. The girl had a petite body, standing 3 or 4 inches shorter than Seta. She had short, frizzy silver hair that waved in all directions, like long, downy feathers, and deep purple irises. There was no mistake; it was Seta’s childhood friend, Aldmava. Even if he had to fight them all bare-handed, Seta wasn’t going to let his friend lose her innocence to a bunch of scumbags like that. He stepped towards them, but backed off as a gigantic, ice-covered hammer slammed into the ground.

The wielder of the hammer was a giant of a man, standing about 7 or 8 feet tall. His build was a combination of muscular and chubby. Like Seta and Aldmava, he wore the standard cold weather attire. His head was covered in a leather hood; shrouding his face in shadow, save for his two glowing green eyes. His weapon was a large, one-handed hammer, which looked like five times the weight Seta was capable of lifting. It was covered all over with thin patches of ice, and had icicles growing from it like spikes. Seta could tell the giant’s identity from the legendary weapon alone. This was Negafok, the Champion of Ice.

Negafok’s voice was scratchy, like an old man’s, but quite loud. “Let go of the young lady,” he bellowed. Negafok didn’t need to say anymore, the thugs weren’t going to question a giant with a spiked hammer. They quickly took their hands off of Aldmava, and skittered away like scared kittens from bathwater. Negafok, though trying to be gentle, thundered over to the shocked girl. “Did those louts hurt you?” At this point, Seta stepped forward. A combination of excitement and wonder brewed within his heart. Was this the sign everyone had been waiting for? Was Lore finally about to enter a new era? “Master Negafok, why are you here?” Seta asked, in a voice absent of fear. Negafok turned to Seta, thinking that maybe one of the thugs had enough guts to not run away. “Your bones wouldn’t have to break if you ran away like your gang,” Negafok growled as he raised his hammer. At this point, Aldmava quickly got up, and tugged on Negafok’s coat. “No, Master. He is Seta, my friend,” her cheeks turned a bit pink, “he must’ve come to rescue me when he heard me scream.” Negafok lowered his hammer, and looked at Seta. “I was wondering why he was so much younger than the others. I got to say, son, it was foolhardy to charge in bare-handed. Don’t you know these street thugs usually carry knives?”

Everyone in the tavern was looking at the giant sitting at the table with two young people. Negafok had ordered a large helping of rice wine, Seta had ordered a pork sandwich, and Aldmava had ordered just some tea for herself. “Thanks for paying, Seta,” Negafok said, “If you’re just a choir boy, where’d you get all that scratch?” Seta smiled. “In order to make money, they send me to the Spirits and Elementals in nature. I negotiate with them, and they agree to allow humans to build on their land.” Negafok looks at Seta, impressed. “The spirits listen to you? I’ve lived a long time, so I know that spirits only listen to special people.” Then, Aldmava piped up. “Usually, after Seta sings to them, they calm right down.” The pink returned to her cheeks. “His voice is like the first scarlet cardinal after a snowfall.” Seta and Negafok stared at Aldmava, who was now stuck in her daydream. “………….Anyway. Sing, Seta. You’re among friends.” Negafok said. Seta got up from his chair. “Actually, there IS a song stuck in my head right now. Besides, Master Negafok wants me to. So…..”

Nari tuga ma sika
Yere musa negana
Kema siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Kema siiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Kema sii, aratuna kasu
Aratuna kasu……..

Aldmava promptly fainted. The entire tavern had gone quiet. After all, the entire town knew Seta for his voice. “Serenade of the Snow Tiger,” Negafok said, “a beautiful love song in the language of our ancestors.” He looked at Aldmava. She was on the floor, unconscious, blushing, and foaming at the mouth. “I guess it still works.”

Negafok and Seta soon left to take Aldmava home. Seta carried her in a princess cradle, for he was taught that, if a woman needs to be carried by a man, then the man should carry her in a princess cradle. “Master?” Seta asked, “you never answered my question from earlier. Why are you here? Is something going to happen?” Negafok kept looking straight ahead. “The Ice Kings are getting ready to end the Ice Age. Lore’s population is becoming too great to stay in one spot. I am to make giant ice bridges across the sea, so that humans may colonize Lore’s untouched continents.” Seta took a minute to comprehend this. “How big is Lore?” Negafok smiled, although his hood masked it. “Big………” Then, he paused, and sighed. “But, that’s not my only mission. Seta, have you ever heard of Wahkahnee?” Seta retraced his memory. “As a little girl, she naively destroyed a spirit important to the Ice Kings. As a result, Lore was beset by a worldwide blizzard as punishment. The people found out, and turned her in to the Ice Kings. They took her, and froze her in ice, until the day her heart could be free of anger.” Negafok nodded. “And have you heard of Chaos?” This time, Seta nodded. “It is the combined negativity of all the elements, sometimes called Element X.” Negafok stopped walking, and Seta stopped with him. “………….What if I told you that Wahkahnee’s heart has been saturated with Chaos, and she used her new powers to escape her ice prison? She now seeks revenge on humans who delivered her to justice.” Seta’s grip on Aldmava tightened a little. “Y-you talk as if she’s not a human.” Negafok closed his eyes. “Not anymore. She is now a horribly disfigured creature, somewhere between living and undead. Chaos has given her the power to invoke terrible curses, from on individuals to entire lands. She also is raising an army of chaorrupted spirits. We need an army of spirits to fight back. Seta! You can communicate with spirits! We need you!” Seta’s eyes widen. “Me? But Master, can’t you communicate with spirits?” Negafok gets a pained look in his eyes. “………….No. Wahkahnee has cursed me. My ability to see and hear the spirits is gone. At least she left me with my ice powers. But, Seta, this may mean that you’re the only one who can save us.” Seta said nothing. He was waiting for a great destiny, but he expected something like leading a heroic expedition, not saving the world from an evil, undead witch. His eyes fell to Aldmava’s face. He admitted, he loved her since they were 8, an entire 10 years ago. He would do anything for her future. “……………..Alright, Master. Let’s take Aldmava home, and we’ll visit the local spirit grove in the morning.”

The sun barely had streaks of light in the sky when Seta and Negafok entered the grove. “These are Earth spirits,” Negafok said. “I can tell by the plants not dying in the cold. They’re not even evergreens, so it must be Earth.” Seta found a clearing in the grove, the gentle hum in the air indicated the presence of spirits. So, to call them, he began singing.

Ika sa
Ika sa
Ika sa naitu do gasure
Ika sa bii kii aanteru
Punev aga riso………

Flecks of yellowish light began appearing, and the air started filling with giggles. “Spirits, I implore you,” Seta begged, “an evil witch plans to begin a war of spirits in order to exterminate humanity. Please, help fight to save us.” The spirits spoke calmly, as if they’ve already discussed this. “Seta, Earth and Ice Element are, was, and forever will be, on the side of the humans. You are like our children. We will not allow you to fall.” Seta smiled. But before he could thank them, he fell to the ground, screaming. “Seta! What’s happening?!” Negafok cried. Seta clutched his heart. “This feeling! So dark! So dreadful!” The giant man gasped. “Oh no! She’s here! Seta, prepare yourself!”

Seta found himself floating in a pitch-black world. The only visible things around him were writhing, purple tentacles. “Who are you?” a woman’s silky voice hissed. Seta looked around, but he could see no one. “I ask again, who are you?” the voice repeated, sounding more annoyed. Seta had figured it out; she couldn’t curse him if she didn’t even know his name. “You don’t need to know who I am,” Seta said, “but I can guess who you are. Show yourself, Wahkahnee!” Wahkahnee chuckled. “No go on that request. After all, it’s only telepathy. I assume that you’ve come at the wishes of that snow gorilla, Negafok. Did you humans really think that crossing me wouldn’t come with irreversible consequences? By the end of this Ice Age, the snow will be crimson with human blood.” Seta had a determined look on his face. “That’s assuming that you’ll win this upcoming war.” Seta’s determination did not stop the mocking confidence in Wahkahnee’s voice. “It’s a simple fix. You’re the last one who can talk to the spirits. I just need to kill or declaw you, and humanity is sunk. I do love games, though. Keep running young one. I’ll catch you soon.” After that, the Chaos began fading into light, and Seta began to see the grove again.

“Seta?” Negafok whispered as the young man opened his eyes. He was being carried on Negafok’s back as they returned to town. “She’s after me,” Seta said, “Wahkahnee knows full-well that I’m the last hope………..Master, I’m leaving town with you. If I stay, she’ll come here. She’ll kill everyone who hides me………”

The scene in the village was serene. A small, little flock of snowbirds was roosting on the ground, eating frost-resistant grass seeds, and enjoying the peace and quiet. Then, the eardrum-wrecking sound of a slamming door rang throughout the town, sending the birds retreating into the sky.

Seta was standing outside the slammed door to someone’s room, his eyes blank, and a few beads of sweat on his forehead. Negafok sighed. “You just HAD to tell her that we weren’t bringing her, didn’t you?” Seta was pretty shocked. “It’s not like Aldmava to do this. She’s usually so emotionally restrictive.” “I think that both of you weren’t done growing up,” Negafok said, “you seemed to grow some resolve back in the grove. Maybe she grew some assertiveness recently.” A woman came up to them both. She had deep purple eyes, and frizzy hair, like Aldmava’s. But, her hair was charcoal black; Aldmava’s silver hair had come from her father. This woman was, of course, her mother. “I’m sorry you had to see that, Master Negafok. Allie can be a tomboy on rare occasions. Would you two like breakfast before you set off?”

After eating, Negafok excused himself. “When this is over, I’ll have to come back for some more of your peach juice.” Aldmava’s mom smiled. “Thank you,” she said. But, then her smile faded. “There’s no point in telling Seta’s parents, he was left in our whole town’s care.” Negafok got a pained look in his eyes. “…………I know.” Seta opened the door, and saw the large sack waiting for them. The sack had a tag that read:
Supplies for journey. Handle with EXTREME care. -Aldmava
She had signed her name with a heart surrounding it. Seta’s cheeks went pink, and he smiled. “Master, this bag is too much for me, if you please.” Negafok slung the bag over his shoulder, they waved goodbye, and started on their way. Soon. Both Aldmava’s mom and the entire town were out of sight. “Don’t worry, Seta,” Negafok said after a while, “when this war is over, and we destroy Wahkahnee, you can come back. And we WILL destroy Wahkahnee! “

As Seta and Negafok were travelling through a grove of alpine trees, Seta noticed something highly peculiar. The sack of supplies that Aldmava had given them was beginning to undulate and writhe. Since it was hanging from Negafok’s back, he noticed it, too. “Perhaps a pantry rat snuck into the sack?” Seta suggested. “If that’s the case,” Negafok said, “we’d better remove it before it eats or contaminates all of our food……….We’re far from town, and it’s freezing out here. We’ll have to hold onto the rat until we get to another town, then we can release it.” Negafok smiles at Seta’s surprised look. “I consider all life precious. It’s why I became the Champion of Ice……..Anyway, come out, little rodent.” Negafok opened the bag, and Aldmava burst out, gasping for air. “Didn’t make enough……..air holes……..” Seta and Negafok both stare with blank eyes. “A-Aldmava?” Seta squeaked. After wiggling the sack off of her foot, Aldmava marched up to Seta, glaring into his eyes, and poking his chest with her finger. “The old Aldmava would say ‘Be safe Seta. Come back home soon.’ The old Aldmava would be too scared to leave town with you guys. But you’re talking to the new Aldmava now. And the new Aldmava says ‘You’re NOT leaving without me!’ Master Negafok may be the Champion of Ice, but you two aren’t going to put me on the sidelines!” Seta said nothing, and Negafok sighed. “I was right, she DID grow up quickly. Well, they say that there’s no force in the world stronger than estrogen. We’ll do things her way. But Aldmava, for now, if the enemy shows up, you stay with Seta, and let me handle it. Why? Because I have a hammer that weighs more than the both of you together!” Aldmava nodded, with a bit of intimidation, and the now three-strong party continued on their way.

The grove eventually thickened into an alpine forest. Soon, the canopy of the trees was so dense; sunlight was barely reaching the ground. But, that wasn’t what was bothering Negafok. “There’s Chaos in the air,” he whispered, “she was here. Stay close.” Aldmava held Seta’s hand tightly, and threw her arms around his neck when she started hearing the snarling. “Something’s stalking us,” she squeaked, “something not human.” Seta, though surprised at Aldmava’s sudden reversion back to her usual self, wrapped his arms protectively around her, and watched the shadows as Negafok adopted a battle stance.

The creature stepped out of the shadows to fight. It was a strange creature. Except for its head and hands, it had the body of a man without clothing. Its skin had a light, but pale blue tone to it. Its hands were bear paws, complete with a bear’s vicious nails. Its head, or rather, heads were those of two bears, both with needle-like fangs rather than a bear’s normal, cone-shaped teeth. Unlike its skin, its fur was brown, which was normal for bears in the area. Negafok lifted his hammer. “I know this trick. It is actually two spirits sharing one physical form. Seta, Aldmava! Stay back, it’s been chaorrupted! Let me handle it!” But, the spirit showed that it had no interest in Negafok. It raised its claws, and charged straight at Seta could only hug Aldmava protectively as he defiantly watched the beast rush at him. Negafok had made a mistake. He had assumed that the beast would target him, and therefore was in a position where he couldn’t save Seta in time. All could only watch.

Suddenly, a large tree root sprang from the ground, and tied up the charging monster. The yellowish Earth spirits appeared all around Seta, and a sword materialized in front of him. “Seta!” the spirits cried, “this is not a regular monster battle! This is an assassination attempt, and you’re the target! We’re sorry, but if this is going to keep up, then Negafok might not be able to defend you every time! You’re going to need to defend yourself! We got that sword from the Earth Kings themselves! Use it!” The sword had a thick, black handle, and a round, golden hilt with blunt spikes. The blade was shaped like a half-triangle, with a small, extra handle on the blunt side for another gripping surface. It needed that handle, because the sword was clearly too big and heavy for one hand. Seta was reluctant at first, but glanced at Aldmava hiding her face in his chest, and his resolve made his decision for him. He grabbed the sword, one hand on the bottom handle, and one hand on the blade handle, and walked up to the bound monster. The idea of striking down a helpless opponent didn’t sit well with Seta. But, this monster was specifically targeting him; it was an agent of Wahkahnee. This was for the future of Lore! In one swipe, Seta split the monster down the middle. The beast’s body disintegrated and two little spirits hurriedly escaped.
“Seta! Nice!” Negafok shouted happily. “Was that your first time swinging a sword? You came down like an osprey!” Aldmava couldn’t believe her eyes, either. A beautiful voice, AND skills with a sword? HE. WOULD. BE. HERS! Seta himself was in wonder. The pulsing power of Earth was in this sword. Inside, he felt like he was lying on a heated rock. But, along with his body, his resolve felt refreshed. He actually felt ready to fight a war now. Then, Seta felt the Chaos, and knew what it meant. “Negafok, she’s back!”

Once again, Seta found himself in the lightless world with all the purple tentacles. “Ha ha ha,” Wahkahnee’s voice came from the shadows. “My, you can already fight now. You’re a fast learner, young one. It’s a shame that there weren’t men like you around when I was your age. However, when I was your age, the Ice Kings had me locked away in that deplorable frozen prison.” Seta smirked in the direction of her voice. “You scared, Wahkahnee? You should be. I’m coming for you.” A low and venomous snicker filled the darkness. “Don’t get ahead of yourself, you child. Remember that you’re a human, and there are millions of ways to break humans. For example, who’s the pretty young thing you and Negafok are travelling with now?” Seta’s smirk faded. “Can you protect both her, and yourself?” Suddenly, the Earth spirits appear alongside Seta. “He is not alone, Wahkahnee. We pledge our loyalty to him” Wahkahnee’s voice responded with thick, mocking sarcasm. “Oh dear. A handful of spirits that can make plants play. I stand no chance.” Seta stepped forward. “All of us will find you, Wahkahnee. When we do, you will be destroyed. There is no other future. This WILL happen.” Wahkahnee huffed. “Alright. I’m growing tired of your delusions, young one. Be gone from my world……He he. Don’t despair. We shall talk again.”
Seta awoke to Aldmava repeatedly poking his forehead. He opened his eyes. “Aldmava, I don’t know what you’re doing, but would you stop?” Aldmava smiled. “I knew the poking would work.” Negafok sighed. “Says the one who started screaming when Seta fainted.” Aldmava got an annoyed look on her face, and covered her cheeks with her hands to hide her blush. “Seta,” she asked, “what just happened anyway?” Seta tried to give her as calming a look as possible. “What if I told you that we were fighting an insane undead witch who seeks revenge on humanity for her past imprisonment? She has the power to lay terrible curses on people if she knows their name, and she controls an army of chaorrupted spirits. Also, she can use chaotic power to telepathically communicate with her enemies. If she’s not stopped, she will exterminate us all.” Aldmava was stark white. “What?” she said. “What did you think we were doing? Picking daffodils for the town banquet?” Negafok asked. “What have I walked into?” Aldmava said with a shudder.

After what seem like miles, the three finally came to the ocean’s edge. Aldmava had never been to the ocean before, and she was captivated. “Wow, and I was about to say I regret coming…….” Then, she slipped off her boot, rolled up her pant leg, and went to the ocean’s edge. She stuck her foot in the water, and then retracted it with a yelp. “Eek! Freezing cold!” Seta looked out at the horizon. “Master,” he asked, “how many continents are out there?” Negafok went up to his knees in water, which would have come up to an average person’s navel. “The Earth Kings will eventually meld most of Lore into one giant landmass. But, that might take nearly 1000 years or so. Which is where my power comes in. Aldmava, go wait on shore with Seta.” Once she was clear, Negafok took a few deep breaths. Then, he raised his icy hammer, and struck the water. The resulting sound could silence thunder. An opaque sheet of ice stretched extensively from east to west, and glided across the sea, from Negafok’s position to somewhere beyond the farthest reaches of sight. “People will find this bridge eventually,” Negafok said, “and use this and the other ones I make to colonize our beautiful world. But, for now, it’s all ours. Come, young ones, it’s time to see the lands to the south of here.” Seta was so amazed, he was speechless. So, this was the power of an elemental Champion. Aldmava was just as shocked, but then re-clothed her leg, and climbed up on the ice bridge. Seta and Negafok followed her, and the three set off on the new megalith of ice.

After travelling for a while, Aldmava noticed something in an adjacent in-fold in the ice that put the sea close to them. It was a large, black dorsal fin, roughly six feet tall. Aldmava had heard stories about this creature, so she screamed, and ran to Seta and Negafok. “Seta! Master! A giant shark! I just saw a giant shark!” Negafok looked at the creature in question, then chucked. “No, Aldmava. That creature is called an orca. It is a majestic black and white creature of Water. It comes to ice flows in search of food. Sorry, big guy, but no seals here yet. Hey Seta. They say that orcas can communicate through song. Try singing to it.” Communicate through song? Seta had never heard of such a creature. His curiosity was peaked; he wanted to see this orca. Seta closed his eyes, chose a song, and started singing:

Meta re, kaga re
Shiza re, kaga re
No gata, suma fa
Kaga re, kaga re……..

The orca disappeared underwater. After a few seconds, it shot into the air in a breach, revealing its splendor to them all. Aldmava had never seen something so beautiful before. It was also hauntingly romantic, as she found herself holding Seta’s hand. Seta was also transfixed. He thought that the only non-humans out there were spirits and monsters. This creature wasn’t a spirit, and it seemed too fantastic to be a monster. “I think it liked your song,” Negafok whispered, “maybe you were an orca in another life.” Seta smiled at that. Spending your life in the water, making and listening to songs all day. He was beginning to envy the life of an orca.

Finally, the other shore was in sight. And not a moment too soon, Seta and Aldmava were suffering because their clothes were too heavy for the stronger southern sun. Since Negafok was the Champion of Ice, his body was at perpetual freezing temperatures, and he felt no discomfort. “Master,” Aldmava complained, “you’ve been around the world before. Isn’t there any place we can get warm-weather clothes?” Negafok thought about this. “Well, there’s a fledgling little town called Swordhaven about 10 miles southwest of here. They’ll probably have clothing for you.” Seta walked up. “Master, do you know anything about this pace we’re going?” Negafok turned to him. “Swordhaven? Not much to tell. A pretty small and boring town, at least has all the supplies we’ll need. Looks like some kings are planning to build a castle there, maybe start a dynasty. Anyway, good place to rest.” Aldmava whined. “But, we still have to walk 10 miles in this heat…………Unless,” she smirked. Negafok stopped her. “No! You are not going into town in your underwear!”

Once the three arrived in Swordhaven, Aldmava made a beeline for the clothes store. Negafok sighed, and shook his head. “She forgot to get money……..” He turned to Seta. “Seta, take this gold to her. Get something for yourself while you’re at it. As for me, I’ll ask around, and see if there’s any local spirits here, so we can get more allies against Wahkahnee.” With that, Negafok walked briskly down a street. Seta sighed; he was Aldmava’s keeper now. He walked into the shop she ran into. “Pardon me,” Seta asked the store clerk, a young girl who was maybe only a year younger than he was, “did you see where the hyperactive girl who came in here went?” The clerk pointed to the dressing room. “She took the outfit that I recommended, and is dressing right now.” Seta looked around. “While I wait, what do you recommend for men?” The girl left her desk, and showed Seta some men’s clothing. Then, she told him that he could use the men’s dressing room without disturbing the ladies’. As Seta went to change, Aldmava came out. She had on a black fleece jacket, and blue pants made of unfamiliar fabric. She had on a pair of black platform shoes, which didn’t seem to hide much of her bare feet. The shoes gave her about an extra two and a half inches, though Seta still was about one inch above her. “This is what they wear down here?” Seta asked. Aldmava was enjoying already how much lighter she felt. “Come on, Seta. Let’s see what you picked out.” She practically shoved him in out of eagerness.

It didn’t take long for Seta to finish changing. He came out with a light blue, short-sleeve, button-down shirt, pants like Aldmava’s, only grey, and grey shoes with shoelaces. What strange clothes, Seta thought, down here, it’s like they dress for fashion, and not to survive. Not to mention how advanced they are down south. He smiles. I guess the ice bridges will unite all of our civilizations, and our growth will be exponential. Aldmava grips Seta’s arm. “Come on. Let’s go eat next.” At that moment, Seta realized exactly why Negafok left the two of them alone. He paid the store clerk what everything cost, and left with Aldmava to enjoy the ‘date’ Negafok had discreetly set them up on.

Just tea. Not a very romantic thing to order. But, when they sat down at the small café, that’s all they ordered. Seta and Aldmava hadn’t talked to each other that much on the journey. This sit-down was more about talking, and less about eating. “So,” Seta started, “you picked out a nice jacket. I’ve never seen one so thin, and I’ve seen only really wealthy people wear fleece.” Aldmava smiled. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen your bare arms before, I’m liking that shirt.” She thought for a moment. “……….Seta, how much do you know about that witch? What’s her name? Wahkahnee?” Seta wasn’t sure he could answer. So far, he had only heard Wahkahnee’s voice. “Well, she loves to mock her enemies. And,” he looked at Aldmava with strong resolve to protect her, “she thinks nothing of attacking one’s heart. I’ve never actually seen the witch, but I can tell that she’s pure evil.” Aldmava sipped her tea. “Are you scared?” He nodded. “I am. Which is why I’m going to try to end the nightmare before it begins. Along with the spirits, I will destroy her, before even the story’s left behind.” Aldmava put her cup down. “But, what about you? If you’re successful, the world deserves to know what you did. This is the great destiny you wanted. Shouldn’t it become an epic?” Seta looked at his tea, and said nothing. The world must be saved. He must do it, even if it cost him his dream.

Suddenly, there was a deathly chill in the air. Aldmava shivered. “Seta………..” she started, but her voice ended in a short scream, as sheets of ice formed on all the surfaces around them. The two looked all around them; sheets of ice were forming all over town. People were in panic all around. Then, an enormous walled fortress, made entirely of ice, rose up in the center of town. Once the ice had stopped forming, Wahkahnee’s voice rang through the air. “Fools of Swordhaven! My name is Wahkahnee. Remember my name, for I shall become a goddess in this soon-to-be lifeless world of Lore! What you see before you is my Hailstone Stronghold, the structure of which my freezing apocalypse will radiate from, to all corners of the planet. However, Swordhaven, and its people, will be temporarily saved from doom, on one condition. My enemy is amongst you. He is a young one at about his eighteenth year. His hair is jet black, and falls to just touching his shoulders. His eyes areas grey as the stones at the bottom of a brook. If you find this young one, bring me his name, and I shall consider bestowing lenience on Swordhaven.”
Negafok walks up to Seta and Aldmava, with grim eyes. “Swordhaven used to have local spirits, but everyone says that their activity has ceased very recently. That might mean that she has already gotten them all. Hurry, young ones, we’re leaving town. NOW.” Seta turned to Negafok. “We can’t leave the people of Swordhaven in Wahkahnee’s hands. We’re freeing Swordhaven first.” Negafok shook his head. “The outcome of this war rides on your ability to communicate with spirits. We have to consider these people acceptable sacrifices.” Seta’s face wouldn’t budge. “I thought you considered all life precious, Master.” The giant looked down. Who was he kidding? He has, does, and forever will believe that. Aldmava’s fingers laced around Seta’s hand. “Seta……,” she said with fear and worry. Seta lifted hands in the air, and the Earth spirits materialized the sword bequeathed to him. “I may have only this sword, and a small group of spirits helping me, but I WILL save Swordhaven.” Negafok put his hand on Seta’s shoulder. “Seta, as the Champion of Ice, I will not let you do this alone. Wahkahnee is not the goddess she thinks she is. I, too, will make a stand here.” Aldmava stepped forward. “I believe that this is the destiny Seta always spoke of. I will fight for the bright future that unfolds. I am unarmed, I am physically weak. But………..I believe that Seta, that all of us, have a great destiny.” Seta had a look of iron resolve. “Alright then,” he said as they began to charge the Stronghold, “let’s pit our destiny against that witch’s icy Chaos!”

At the sea 10 miles away, an orca sang a tune as it stretched its tail into the air.

END OF BOOK I

< Message edited by Beshin Adin -- 5/23/2013 19:20:31 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/3/2012 13:09:56   
Beshin Adin

Destiny of Frozen Earth – Book II: The Next Elemental War

Everything was sparkling. The walls of the narrow chasm were grown from sheets of the most pristine ice imaginable. Well, pristine from dirt and dust, as the ice faintly shone with the purple luster of Chaos energies. This was the Hailstone Stronghold of Wahkahnee, the ice witch. Dotting the icy walls were openings in the ice, formed by pockets of trapped oxygen during the stronghold’s creation. From one of these openings, a man’s and woman’s scream could be heard.

A young man shot out of the chute. He had shoulder-length black hair, stone grey eyes, and wearing a short-sleeve blue shirt, and grey pants and shoes. The woman who screamed, a young woman the same age as the man, slid out of the hole. She had a black long-sleeve shirt, and blue pants. Her feet were bare. Her hair was silver, short, and frizzy like a duckling’s down. Her eyes were a rare amethyst color. The woman landed on top of the man, and both their faces grew crimson once they saw the suggestive position they had landed in. “Seta….,” the woman whispered to the man, her purple eyes trembling. “Aldmava…,” Seta responded, his grey eyes trembling as much as hers. Slowly, their eyes started closing, and their lips started moving towards each other. Seta and Aldmava had known each other for more than 10 years now, a love between the two had plenty of time to blossom. Unfortunately, the couple’s first kiss would have to wait, because there was a third passenger coming down the ice chute.

The opening was barely large enough to fit the third infiltrator. He was a 7 – 8 foot tall giant of a man. His husky and muscular body made him almost as thick and wide as he was tall. He wore leather gauntlets, leather boots, and a fur parka. On his head was a leather hood, which shrouded his entire face in darkness, save for his two glowing green eyes. Strapped to his back was a massive, one-handed hammer, covered in ice sheets, that looked as heavy as an adult cow, yet he could lift it like a kitten. The curved end of the chute launched the giant into the air, right above Seta and Aldmava. Aldmava screamed, and hugged Seta’s neck in fear, as the gigantic posterior threatened to become their annihilator. Luckily, the behemoth drifted some distance in the air, and landed about a decimeter to their side. Still, the entire chasm underwent a massive tremor. The big man shook off the snow he received from his landing, and looked at the two young ones. “Save the copulation for later,” he said, in a loud, old man voice, “we have an ice witch to defeat.” Seta, as if his face could get any redder, shouted, “Master Negafok, this happened by accident. And, do you realize how close we were to being crushed by you?” Negafok just ignored him, “Let’s go. The path continues in this direction.”

While the three were continuing down the pathway, Seta eventually started carrying Aldmava in a princess cradle. The reason for this was that her bare feet had grown pink and sore from walking on the snow-covered ground. “This wouldn’t be happening if you didn’t take those shoes off back at the entrance, you realize?” Aldmava’s face grew a tiny bit indignant. “When I saw them, they looked so cute and exotic. I could see that I had a little trouble walking in them at first, but I figured that it was something I’d get used to in time. But, it just got impossible to walk when we got on the snow.” Seta sighed. “And you’d rather get frostbite?” This made Aldmava smile cutely at Seta. “Not if you carried me!” Then, Negafok piped up. “Well, I can carry a lot. You could just get on my ba-“Aldmava interrupted him before he could finish. “No,” she barked, “it has to be Seta!” Negafok sighed, and gave Seta a piteous look. “Remember when I said estrogen is the most powerful force in the world?...........Aldmava, you’ve seem to have grown much tougher recently.” A devilish smile crossed her face. “Just the first time I’ve had to play hardball.”

A roar echoed through the chasm. “Looks like she knows we’re here.” Negafok growled, drawing his immense hammer. Seta gently put Aldmava down, and a two-handed sword materialized in his hands. The hilt was black. The cross-hilt was circular, golden, and covered in dull spikes. The sword’s blade was large, shaped like half a triangle, and made of an un-lustrous, gray metal. The back of the blade had a handgrip, which he had one hand on, and the other hand on the hilt. Flecks of yellow light surrounded Seta. These were his allies, the Earth spirits. “Wahkahnee’s ice is far from successful in keeping Earth energy out,” they said, “her ego doesn’t fit her abilities. You still have access to our power.”

The source of the roar showed itself. Its body seemed to be moth-like, but with claws and horns like a dragon. It was majorly red, with gold claws, horns, and body trim. Its wings were a gold exoskeleton frame, with a completely transparent wing membrane. “What an odd monster,” Negafok said, “I’m not even sure what to compare it to…” The monster grew sharp ice shards from its wings, and launched them at the party, to which Seta responded with a shield of branches and thorn bushes. Nevertheless, it kept flying around, bombarding the shield with ice. “Master,” Seta said, “we need to somehow turn our defense into offense.” Negafok looked closely at the enemy. “Hmmm, those wings don’t look like they can take very much. Also, they seem to be the monster’s main weapon. Seta, destroy its wings!” At this, Seta made thorny tendrils grow from the ground. The vines started relentlessly whipping the beast, tearing its wings to shreds. It fell to the ground, unable to fly, and unable to attack.

Seta lowered the shield, as the threat was now over. Negafok looked at the monster. “Finish it, Seta. Remember if we destroy the body, the spirits go free.” Seta understood. He walked over to the giant moth, and chopped it in half in a single, swift strike. 5 spirits, 2 light blue, and 3 green, flew from the body. “5 spirits?” Seta asked. “It WAS a big monster,” Negafok answered, “sometimes larger sizes take more spirits.”Suddenly, the two heard Aldmava scream. Seta whirled around, in time to see a pale woman drag Aldmava right into an ice wall, as if the wall was made of liquid. “Aldmava!” Seta shouted, “Master, what happened!? Who was that!?” Negafok spoke grimly. “It was a spell of Ice element, allowing the user, and anyone touching the user, to pass through solid ice as if it was water. My guess is that Aldmava was taken hostage. As for who that was………….I think you already know.”

Aldmava had fainted in fear. The last thing she remembered was careening through something resembling water. Something extremely cold woke her up, and she saw that she had her arms frozen to the wall, and she was trapped up to her waist in solid ice. At the far end of the room she was in was a woman. The woman had long, blue hair, and snow white skin. The only article of clothing she was wearing was a light blue gown-skirt around her waist, which exposed plenty of bare-footed legs. Any man that saw her would go into a hormone-induced craze……if not for one feature of her. There was white skin on her face, shoulders, arms, and legs up to her waist. Except for a few decrepit intercostal muscles, and rotting muscles which still gave trunk support, her entire torso was down to the rib cage and vertebrae. The woman was a cross between the seductress of a romance story, and the monster of a horror story.

The woman walked up to Aldmava, who was both white with fear, and ready to vomit, along with the freezing cold running through her body. “I hope your lover hurries,” the woman said, “before the hypothermia kills you.” The chill was affecting Aldmava’s speech. “Y-you’re Wahkahnee, a-aren’t you?” Wahkahnee smiled, and put a pointed-nailed finger to Aldmava’s lips. “The use of breath for talking isn’t good for your already shrinking lungs, so they say. I would suggest that you try and stay alive until your rescue.” The ice witch turned away, and folded her arms, still speaking in a mocking tone, “I merely want to exchange pleasantries. Maybe, before all of you leave, he can tell me his name?” This made Aldmava angry. She knew for what reason Wahkahnee wanted Seta’s name. “You……….,” she snarled, “you won’t t-touch him.” Wahkahnee chuckled. “One curse, an exceptionally deadly one, and I won’t even need to touch him. Anyway, you’re in no position to be threatening me. Just wait for him, like a good little damsel in distress.”

About 30 minutes had passed. Aldmava had almost completely lost feeling in her arms and legs, and her vision was beginning to blur. Nevertheless, she still had faith that Seta would come and save her. She watched Wahkahnee pacing around the room in boredom. “………Why,” Aldmava said, “w-why did you destroy the Ice Kings’ elemental spirit? Were you that n-naïve? W-was it all an accident?” Suddenly, Wahkahnee erupted in laughter. She marched up to Aldmava, and roughly grabbed her face in her hand, an insane look in the witch’s eyes. “By accident? Is that really what they told you? I gave that spirit an order. It said it would never do something so selfish. It invited my wrath, so I destroyed it with my magic. Then, the Ice Kings and the humans both saw fit that I be punished. They will feel my wrath as well.” Then, as a stinging insult, Wahkahnee raked her pointed nails down Aldmava’s cheeks, leaving thin, bloody cuts. “……….Y-you’re just absolutely selfish.” Aldmava said. This made Wahkahnee lace the cuts with frost. “Didn’t I say the more you talk, the faster you die?”

“Let her go, witch.” Seta growled. He and Negafok had entered the room just as Wahkahnee defiled Aldmava’s face with her filthy nails. The witch scoffed. “About time you got here, boy. Let us talk, that powerless ape can just keep his mouth shut. Your woman is about to die of hypothermia. I’ll lower the ice so she can live, if you tell me your name.” Seta was silent. He looked at Negafok, and Negafok nodded. Then, he looked back at Wahkahnee. “It’s Seta. My name is Seta. Let her go.” The sheets of ice holding Aldmava melted, and she fell to the ground, barely conscious. Luckily, Seta was fast enough to bolt over, and catch her before her head hit the ground. “Thank you for the fun,” Wahkahnee said with a sneer, “and goodbye, Seta.” The witch raised two clawed fingers to her lips in a hand symbol. “With this power of Chaos, I invoke the black scythe of Death himself. Through this curse, I extinguish the life of the one called Seta!”

Wahkahnee screams as a yellow light throws her back. “What? But my curse, how?” Seta’s Earth spirits surround him. “We told you her ego doesn’t fit her abilities. You see, Wahkahnee, Earth element has a spell known simply as Curse Breaker. This spell is used to dispel and counterstrike any magic that would cause destructive effects on the one protected by this effect. It took us a while to get up here because we needed permission from the Earth Kings to use it. This spell has saved Lore countless times. And, since it has protected Seta from you, it has saved Lore once again!” Wahkahnee rose, a twisted smile on her face. “Cursed elements, always antagonizing me. Very well. If your spell is protecting Seta from my magic, then I’ll just have to tear him apart using physical force!” With that, Wahkahnee’s body began to morph.

The witch’s new form stood about 15 feet high. She was the skeleton of a think, constrictor snake. On top of her head was an array of short spiked, like the crown of a horned lizard. Instead of long, thin fangs, her jaws resembled the serrated edge of a saw, for shredding her enemies rather than impaling them. From every free space in her skeleton, her eye sockets, and the inside of her mouth, there burned a light blue flame, tinged with the purple glow of Chaos. “YOU’D BETTER RUN, SETA!” Wahkahnee said as she struck at him, and Seta dodged just in time. Since Seta had Aldmava in his arms, he was unable to hold his sword, which is why Negafok charged her with his hammer instead. But, once Negafok got close, the flames on Wahkahnee’s body flared up, and shot Negafok through the wall, out of the fortress. “FOOL!” Wahkahnee screamed “DID YOU THINK THAT I WOULDN’T EXPECT A BATTLE AGAINST ICE ELEMENT’S WARRIORS? IN THIS NEW FORM, I CAN CONTROL FIRE ELEMENT, AS WELL. WHICH, AS YOU KNOW, IS ICE ELEMENT’S MAJOR WEAKNESS!” A blue fleck of light appeared before Seta. “Seta. Negafok’s safe. Retreat out the hole in the wall that he made.” Seta looked at the spirit. “But, we’re 3 stories up.” But the spirit kept pleading for Seta to trust it, so Seta held on tightly to Aldmava, charged for the hole, and dove to the water below them. Water? Weren’t they in the middle of Swordhaven? This was the Element’s doing, wasn’t it? He hoped that the people were alright. Wahkahnee made a final snap at them, but narrowly missed, and the two successfully submerged with a big splash.

Maybe this was just an alternate form of death, as Seta could do nothing but sink, with Aldmava in his arms. Suddenly, a large figure materialized out of the murk. It was an orca, in fact, the same orca Seta had sung to on the ice bridge. Seta felt some sort of tug; the orca was using some sort of magic to pull him and Aldmava along with it. Moreover, this was water, but he could breathe as easily as on land. As the whale pulled them deeper, Seta grew sleepier and sleepier…..

When Seta awoke, he was surrounded by people. He recognized some of the faces, including the face of the clerk girl who sold him his clothing. So, this is where all the people in Swordhaven went? “Where are we?” Seta asked the girl. The clerk shrugged. “First, everything turned to ice. Then, the town started flooding. After that, we woke up here. Did the world end? Did we all die?” Then, Negafok showed up, and addressed the crowd. “No one died,” he said, “the Water Kings saved us. This has turned into a war. Not like the Element Wars, we are facing something called Chaos, the Element X. Some of you don’t wish to be involved, but this is becoming all of Lore’s problem. The silver lining is that all the Elements are agreeing to fight this common enemy, may our union against Chaos continue for all ages.” Seta stepped forward. “Master, where’s Aldmava?” Negafok pointed to a room. “Her body was damaged by the hypothermia, but they’re doing quite well healing her………..Seta, the Water Kings wish to speak with you.” Negafok led Seta away from the crowd, to a cathedral-like room. There were stained glass windows all around the room, but the glass tiles were all different shades of blue, so everything in the room was tinted those colors. At the front of the room was an altar, resembling a church altar. From behind the altar came the Water Kings, human-shaped beings whose bodies shone completely with the same blue light as the room.

“It seems that you were successful in communicating with our ambassador,” one said, with a small echo. “The orca we sent was a magical creature who reported to us,” another said. “Seta,” the first one explained, “you can communicate with Elemental spirits. But, do you know why? For this is a gift that, besides us and our Elemental Lords, only the Champions and those with the blood of the Champions have.” Seta looked confused. “Blood of the Champions?” One of the Water Kings pointed to Negafok. “Negafok let him hold your hammer.” The giant obeyed, as a Champion must always respect an Elemental King as a superior, and handed the hammer to Seta. “Go on, lift it.” Seta took it, expecting its weight to drive him into the ground, but he lifted it like a kitten. “How?” Seta whispered. “The hammer is Negafok’s special weapon,” one of the Kings said, “only Negafok or those of his bloodline can lift it.” Seta turned to Negafok, who closed his eyes and nodded. “You ever wonder what happened to your parents? When Wahkahnee sealed my power, I knew that my child was the last hope. Almost all the other Champions were casualties of the past Elemental Wars, and replacements have not yet been chosen.” Seta looked at him. “Why not tell me sooner?” One of the Kings answered. “In the Wars, your life would’ve been at risk if it wasn’t kept secret. Water, as Ice’s closest ally, was the only other Element who knew.” Seta bowed to the Kings, and began to walk out of the room. “Come Father,” he said with a bit of anger, “you owe me years of explanation.”

Seta and Negafok found a royal lounge to sit in. It was one of the few rooms in that wing of the castle that wasn’t tinged with blue light. Rather, the beige walls were studded with diamonds, and an impressive chandelier hung from the ceiling. The chairs and sofa had a clear frame, and blue cushions. This room seemed to be more about showing class, than representing the Element. Seta and Negafok sat down in adjacent chairs, and a long, uncomfortable silence followed. Finally, Seta broke the silence by saying, a little harshly, “For 18 years, I was alone. No mother, no father. It probably would’ve been better for me to hear that my father was killed in a barbarian raid, like the town told me. Instead, I’m told that he’s just been avoiding me. But, before my other questions, tell me,” Seta’s eyes softened, and his voice grew innocent, “what happened to my mother?” Negafok swallowed, and closed his eyes in pain. “Here’s the story……”

“The most recent of the series of Elemental Wars had ravaged our lands in the north. Barbarians and opportunistic looters were taking advantage of our collapsed society, to begin taking whatever they wanted. I was about 50, that seems young to me now, when the Ice Kings chose me as the new Champion of Ice to replace the one slain in war. My first task was to enforce peace in our damaged land. I came to rest in your town, and met a beautiful school teacher. She was in her middle ages, but she was still an angel. She had flowing hair as blue as the noon sky, and eyes as grey as a young catbird’s feathers. I stayed in town for as long as I could, especially since my new wife was now pregnant, but the Ice Kings had a new task for me. The Wars had claimed many lives; it was up to the remaining civilizations to repopulate Lore. Therefore, I must use my magic hammer to create ice bridges, to assist human migration across the world. My wife, who loved Lore even more than I did, told me to go save the world, she could raise our child by herself. So, I left home, and have been creating ice bridges ever since. While I was far away, the Ice Kings told me that a tribe of barbarians had returned………and your mother lost her life in one of their raids. But, my baby son survived. The Ice Kings assured me that they’d keep you safe, and send someone after those barbarians to avenge my wife. I should just concentrate on the ice bridges. So, shortly, Wahkahnee reappeared, and I think you know what happens next.” Seta silently tried to take this all in, then decided to change the subject to something less depressing. “You were 50 when I was conceived? Then, you’re just under 70 now? Yet, you’re an Elemental Champion? How can your body endure that?” Negafok flexed a bicep. “Forget vegetables,” he said proudly, “Elemental magic makes you strong!”

That night, or rather, apparent night, as there was no daylight filtering through the aquatic canopy, Seta was out on the balcony of his room, staring up at Water’s marvel. It was as if the entire castle was inside a dome, but nothing but a magical force was separating the castle from the water. No glass, nothing. Just pure, magical force. As Seta was looking and pondering, a pair of soft arms hugged him from behind, and someone rested a head softly on Seta’s back. “Was your hypothermia bad?” Seta asked Aldmava. “Kinda bad,” she responded, “but the healers of Water Element are spectacular. They healed the damage like ice to a scrape.” Seta turned around to see her, and his eyes went wide.

Aldmava was wearing a silk, sleeveless, navy blue dress, with a V-neck that dipped low to show off plenty of cleavage. Her feet were bare, maybe she preferred that freedom. “Sit with me,” she whispered, “we’ve been through a lot.” Seta sat down on his bed, and got pretty shocked when Aldmava sat on his lap, and leaned her forehead against his chest. “So, what’s been happening while I was being healed?” Seta stroked the girl’s hair in thoughtfulness. “Well, the people of Swordhaven are safe, it turns out that Master Negafok is my long-lost father, and the Elements are uniting for what may escalate into another Element War, but this time against Chaos.” Aldmava didn’t show how she took this, but she embraced Seta. “The son of an Elemental Champion………I knew, ever since I met you, that you weren’t like the other boys. You were….special.” Seta’s cheeks grew red. “Aldmava, did you come here just to talk?” Aldmava shook her head, gently pushed Seta down on the bed, and climbed on top of him. “When I was frozen in ice, I thought I was going to die. Now, I won’t die until I make things right with my hero. Seta, I want you, I need you……” She closed her eyes, started unbuttoning his shirt, and their lips started drawing closer. Then, the light in the room started fading.

The purple tentacles started forming everywhere. The room had become the Chaos world that Wahkahnee would always taunt Seta in. “Oh no,” Seta said in fear, “this place again.” Aldmava, just as afraid as he was, hugged him around the neck. “Seta, I’m scared! Where are we?” Seta looked at the girl in confusion. “But………why is Aldmava here?” Wahkahnee, the nightmarish serpent, appeared before them. Her voice, although loud, was still calm and mocking. “SHE’S HERE BECAUSE I CALLED BOTH YOUR MINDS TO ME. I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU’LL BE RAISING AN ARMY TO FACE MY ARMY OF CHAORRUPTED SPIRITS. DO YOU REALIZE THAT THIS MAY CAUSE ANOTHER ELEMENT WAR? OF COURSE, IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW MANY ELEMENT WARS MANKIND UNDERGOES. IN THE END, LORE WILL BE REDUCED TO A BARREN TUNDRA, THE PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE WHO REFUSE TO ADMIT MY SUPERIORITY” Aldmava’s face turned from fearful to angry. She got off of Seta, and faced the witch. “………Selfish. Selfish, arrogant, boastful, foolish! That’s all you are, witch!” Wahkahnee growled. “WHEN I RULE THE WORLD, IT’S BACK IN THE ICE WITH YOU! THIS TIME, FOREVER!” The witch turned to Seta. “AND AS FOR YOU. IF WE MEET ON THE BATTLEFIELD, I WILL LEAVE NOTHING OF YOU REMAINING, NOT EVEN A STORY OF YOUR PETTY LITTLE DEEDS. BOTH OF YOU PONDER THE CONSEQUENCES BEFORE SETTING FOOT ON THE BATTLEFIELD!” With that, the witch disappeared.

The two returned to their consciousness, back to the romantic position they were in before the vision. “Seta,” Aldmava whispered, “we have to do something. It looks like she really is serious about killing all of Lore.” Seta lightly freed himself from under her body, and headed for the door. “Seta? Where are you going?” Aldmava asked, while still lying on the bed. Seta stopped at the door, and was silent for a minute. “…………..I need to make sure we don’t lose this battle.” Then, he opened the door, and walked out. Aldmava rolled around on the bed a bit, her cheeks puffed out in annoyance. “And we were just about to make love for the first time too……….” Then, she sat up, and hugged her knees to her chin, her eyes filled with sadness and worry. “Seta. I want you as my husband. I want to have children with you. I want………..a future with you. To save all of our futures. It’s scary, but now I know, without a doubt, this is the great destiny you dreamed of. Seta, protect all our futures in this war. I love you.”

Seta walked into the blue-lighted altar room. Just like last time, once he approached the altar, the Water Kings materialized before him. “Seta?” one said, in the usual echo voice, “you’ve come to us alone this time?” Seta bowed respectfully, with one knee. “My Kings, Wahkahnee has sent a message to us. You probably knew it to be inevitable, but the witch has officially declared war on us all. I believe that, through the combined efforts of all Elements, we can end this in a single battle. We must, as it seems Lore will crumble if it faces another prolonged war without at least several centuries of rest.” The Water Kings began talking amongst one another. Then, one turned to Seta. “All Elements have already agreed to unite against Wahkahnee. However, Earth, Ice, and Water, the three Elements that are now so closely behind you, will meet here, to construct a ‘new project’ to assist us in the upcoming war. Seta, we want you on our front lines. Currently you’re the one who’s faced Wahkahnee the most. We need that battle experience. For now, until the other Kings arrive, you are dismissed.” Seta bowed his head, and left the altar room.

Seta returned to his room, just to check on Aldmava. He smiled; she had fallen asleep while waiting for him. He walked over, and put a light blanket on her body. “I guess it’ll have to wait for another night, my princess. Sleep here, I’ve got a long night of war planning ahead of me. I love you, Aldmava.” Seta bent over, and lightly kissed the sleeping girl’s lips, then quietly left the room.

Negafok was outside the room, waiting for Seta. “I just heard. They’re putting you on the front lines. You know what that means? That means that you may be facing Wahkahnee in single combat soon. But it looks like the Kings are planning something big; at least you’ll have that.” Negafok looked in the room, at the sleeping Aldmava. “She is going to bear my grandkids? In all the war epics, the hero returns home victorious, marries his lover, and they trail blaze into the world, with the young children that resulted from their union.” Seta looked down. “This is war, Father. It’ll more than likely end in tragedy.” Negafok gripped Seta’s shoulder with a massive hand. “Seta, that’s victim talk. We won’t try to win, we won’t hope to win, we WILL win. I don’t think you intend to let that witch try and kill your woman again. That won’t happen if you defeat Wahkahnee, and the saying goes ‘The winner is he who wants to win the most.’” Seta looked at the sleeping Aldmava. Yes, he’d protect her, and fulfill his destiny, both at the same time.

As Seta and Negafok were walking around, discussing what they intended to do on the battlefield, they came to a large room, filled with people sleeping in tents, and on cots. This must’ve been where all the Swordhaven refugees were staying. A lot of them still looked scared and traumatized. Of course, their town had been flash-frozen, and flooded, all in the same day. “Seta,” Negafok said, “you haven’t sung in a while. Sing to them, maybe you can chase their fear away. Sing the Serenade of the Snow Tiger, that’s a good and calming song.” Seta drew in a breath. Something told him that this situation needed more than a few seconds worth of song. So, he prepared to sing the best he could, and started.

Nari tuga ma sika
Yere musa negana
Kema siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Kema siiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Kema sii, aratuna kasu
Aratuna kasu
Tora yere naki sa
Eko nasa denai fa
Kema siiiiiiiiiiiiii
Kema siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Kema sii, aratuna kasu
Aratuna kasu
Kema sii, aratuna kasu…..

Everyone grew silent. No one was crying or wailing anymore, the song worked perfectly. Even Negafok has grown silent and still, like a hulking gargoyle. Then, suddenly, someone piped up, “do you need soldiers? We’ve been discussing this for a while. Everyone in Swordhaven has fought in an army at one point, and we’re pretty good at it. None of us want to lose Lore either. So please, let us fight, too.” Seta was reluctant to ask an entire, innocent town fight this battle. But, he knew that victory would be quicker if the army was bigger. “People of Swordhaven,” Seta said, “do not let your destinies end here! Your town is building a great castle, which may house legendary kings in the future! Soon, people from the North will migrate to Swordhaven, and mix with you all, to form the new populations of Lore! That is the destiny we must win in this battle for our world!”

“Don’t let your destinies end here, because I won’t let mine end here.”

END OF BOOK II

< Message edited by Beshin Adin -- 7/23/2012 17:15:47 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 2
7/18/2012 19:10:44   
Beshin Adin

Destiny of Frozen Earth – Book III: Strike of Faith

Somewhere under the oceans of Lore, there existed a castle at the bottom of the sea. The enormous volumes of sea water surrounding it were kept at bay by a magical force, as if the castle was protected by a giant, invisible dome. However, there was one place where water flowed inside, in a contained stream. It streamed into a canal-like basement, which ended in a large, round room. Entering through this water stream was a large shadow, its tall, black dorsal fin exposed on the surface. Once it reached the round room, the orca stuck its head above water, and awaited those who summoned him. Within minutes, three glowing figures came to the pool’s edge. One was a man’s figure that glowed blue, a Water King. One was also a man’s figure, but instead glowed yellow, an Earth King. The third was a woman’s figure that glowed a much lighter shade of blue, an Ice King, or rather, an Ice Queen. The Water King approached the orca. “Faithful servant of Water, you have agreed to undertake the most momentous task we’ve had in centuries. Again, I will remind you, you are not required to fight in this war.” The orca responded with several clicks and whistles, and the Water King closed his eyes. “You’ve met him only briefly, yet you have that much faith in him? Very well,” he turned to the other Elements, “time grows short, let us apply the Runes.”

Hours later, a giant of a man started roaming the halls of the more elegant portion of the castle. The behemoth was 7 or 8 feet tall, and had a husky, but muscular build. He wore a cold-weather parka, with gloves and boots that revealed nothing. On his head was a browned leather hood, which was pulled forward enough to hide his entire face in shadow, except for his green eyes, which shone like torches. Strapped to the man’s back was a massive, ice-encrusted hammer, which was still short enough for one-handed use. He approached a room with a small window. Two young women, dress in blue silk garments, were peeking into that window. They were starry-eyed, and blushing. The big man walked over to them. “Alright ladies,” he said, “break it up. You know he’s taken.” The women giggled. “Sorry, Master Negafok.” They skittered away as Negafok sighed, and entered the room.

It was a weight room, full of hand weights, barbells, and punching bags. At one bench, lifting a barbell that even Negafok might have trouble lifting, was a young man. He was wearing grey pants and shoes, and had straight, shoulder-length, black hair. To avoid sweat, he wasn’t wearing a shirt, and all his physical training for war was showing as perfect muscle. “No wonder the women stick to him like tree sap,” Negafok said to himself. The man saw Negafok, and put down the barbell. “Father, did you come here for something?” Negafok nodded. “Seta,” he said, “the Kings saw that, when you get the chance, they want you to come to the basement to see something. It looks like, in this past week, the eve of the battle is finally drawing closer. This means that you’ll be facing Wahkahnee soon.” Seta turned to put the barbell in the corner. “I’m not afraid. How can I be afraid, with everything that our army can do? We’re winning this battle, I guarantee that. And, if I can help it, we’re winning with as few casualties as possible.”

Suddenly, someone opened the door, and came in. Before Seta could turn around, two slender arms embraced him from behind, and a head leaned gently on his back. “Ooh, you get more and more irresistible each day,” a woman’s silky voice said. She wore a V-neck, navy blue, silk dress, which dipped low enough to show considerable amounts of cleavage. Her feet were bare. She had silver, frizzy hair too short to fall down, but long enough to give her hair a wind-blown look. Her eyes shone with the color and consistency of amethyst. Seta smiled. It was Aldmava, his girlfriend. For the past 10 years, the two of them had been only childhood friends, but the life-threatening events that happened recently had made them a couple. “Aldmava,” Negafok said, “those handmaidens were peeping at your man again.” Aldmava grinned, “Oh, they’re in trouble when I get back.” Her hands stroked Seta’s abdominals. “I’m the only girl who gets Seta.” Her seductive tone disappears, and she gently whispered to her man. “You know, I’d give anything to be on the battlefield with you. I abhor the thought of being separated from you.” Negafok spoke up. “Well, that’s my other message. Aldmava, you’ll be on the battleground, too.” Aldmava turned to him, her purple eyes wide with fear. “What?” Seta smiled, turned around, and hugged her. “Suddenly don’t want to?” Aldmava giggled, and gave Seta a little kiss on the lips. “No. I want to be with you, and I want to see that witch-snake thing get a good slap in the face like she deserves, it’s just that the idea of war scares me a bit.” Seta holds Aldmava’s head to his chest, and strokes her hair for a while. Then, he lets go of her. “The Kings still want to see me in the basement? Father, Allie, if you’ll excuse me.” Seta grabs his light blue, button-down, short sleeve shirt, puts it on, and leaves the room.

The Water and Earth Kings, and Ice Queen, are waiting when Seta comes down. He bows on one knee in their presence. “Your Majesties, and Her Highness, Lady Yuki-Onna…..I apologize for not addressing the Kings, it’s just that Yuki-Onna’s image is well known in my village.” The Earth King steps towards him. “Worry not about that. Seta, we have called you here because we have decided that you will ride into battle on a mount. Specifically, this mount.” The water in the pool erupts as the battle mount they’ve prepared comes forth.

The orca rose from the water, but kept rising, until it actually was floating about a meter above the water’s surface. “H-how?” Seta said in wonder, “How is it doing that?” The Earth King pointed to a set of glowing, yellow runes on each of the orca’s fins. “Earth Element is responsible for controlling gravity, the force that pulls falling objects to the world’s surface. These runes allow the orca to repulse and resist gravity. It can swim through air as water like this.” The Water King pointed to dark blue runes dotting the orca’s skin. “Without the proper buoyancy, an orca’s insides are so heavy; its body would crush itself. And, without the proper hydration, an orca’s skin could desiccate within hours. These runes allow for maintaining perfect buoyancy and hydration, even out of the water.” Yuki-Onna opened its mouth, showing light blue runes on its tongue and teeth. “These are offense magic runes. All the orca has to do is concentrate on generating Ice magic, and…….” The orca faces the canal leading out, and opens its mouth. A cold, blue energy is generated, and a giant beam of magic shoots forward, sailing outside across the surface of the water. The water that was closest to the beam was frozen within seconds. “What a spell,” Seta said, “so the orca is my partner in the battle?” Yuki-Onna nodded. “Also, our craftsmen have been hard at work making an armor fit for our War Leader.” Several Ice spirits bring out a chest on wheels. “Get changed into this armor, Seta,” the Ice Queen said, “and show us our trump card against Wahkahnee.”

After about 20 minutes, Seta came out from privacy with the armor on. The whole armor was generally made of a dark, grayish-blue metal, with the exception of a golden, chainmail midsection, for both defense and flexibility. The gauntlets were somewhat broad, like thin shields, probably for the purpose of quickly blocking if Seta needed to. Both the gauntlets and greaves, though majorly the blue-grey metal, were trimmed with gold. The shoulders of the armor were armed with an array of long spikes, so Seta could fight using shoulder tackles. His dark blue cape was purposefully tattered to assist intimidation factor. Up at the shoulder area of the cape, acting as a backdrop to the shoulder spikes, was one broad, triangular blade on each shoulder. The blades were of the same golden metal as his chainmail. His helmet was smooth blue-grey, and had an open face, and an opening in the back for his long hair, though the shoulder blades helped to protect that opening from arrows and other projectiles.. Across the face opening stretched a band of golden chainmail, like the face mask of a ninja. “Looks like we have ourselves a warlord,” the Water King said. Just then, a spirit floated up to Yuki-Onna, and whispered something to her. “It seems that Wahkahnee is ready to begin her campaign. If this is so, we may need to have our army ready by tomorrow. Seta, go do whatever you need to do. We must make sure everyone’s prepared.” A spirit addressed the Earth King, as well. “The battleground is the northern shore of Oaklore Forest, the young forest surrounding Swordhaven…………..Seta, we said we’ll be busy. You’re dismissed.”

Aldmava and Negafok were still waiting in the weight room. Aldmava was staring at a pair of 5-kilogram dumbbells. “He actually spends all day lifting these things? How do you do that? WHY do you do that?” Negafok smiles under his facial shadows. “Maybe you should start packing some muscle into those little sticks of arms you’ve got. After all, you say you want kids. So they’ll want to be cradled in your arms, you know.” Aldmava gave Negafok an annoyed look; the look that children give adults when they’re angry, but know the adults are right. “……….So, did they say what I’ll be doing in the battle?” The giant rocked in his seat. “You won’t be doing any fighting. You’ll lead the healers, chefs, and defense mages, as the group who’ll protect our wounded or incapacitated.” At that moment, Seta re-entered the room, wearing his new armor. Aldmava yelped, the intimidation certainly worked on her. But, Negafok had sharper instincts, and still recognized Seta. “Well, a god of battle has graced us with his presence. Hey Aldmava, what do you think of your prince?” Aldmava looked into those grey eyes, recognized them as the eyes she loved, and knocked Seta down in a flying tackle-hug, giggling like an insane convict. “Aldmava,” Seta complained, “watch my spikes and blades. You’ll slice your face open………..We were just told. The battle is tomorrow.” This made Aldmava go silent. “T-tomorrow?” She hid her face in Seta’s chest plate, and started breathing rapidly. “I’m scared, I’m scared, I’m scared. I don’t want to be in a war.” She started sobbing, so Seta picked her up in a princess cradle, and took her to her room. Once there, he laid her down on her bed, and stroked her cheek. “Just try to relax. You don’t think I’ll lose, do you?” Aldmava smiled, reached up, and kissed Seta on the cheek. “NOW I don’t think you’ll lose.” Seta blushed under his mask. “Goodnight, my love,” he said as he left her room.

Negafok was waiting outside. “Tomorrow, huh? This’ll be a long night….” The big man drew his hammer, and gave it to Seta. “Use this tomorrow. I know that the sword the Earth spirits gave you has served you well, but you know of the incredible magical energy this hammer contains. As my only son, you may be the only other person in the world who can use its power. Since, you’re leading our army; you need as much power as possible.” Seta took the hammer, which he could lift like a baby bird, despite the crushing amount it would weigh if anyone besides him or Negafok lifted it. Yellow flecks of light surrounded Seta, the Earth spirits who protected him. “Do not forget,” one spirit said, “about our magic. The Earth Kings have increased our power for this battle. Using us now, you may be able to grow an entire forest.”

The sun arose on the next day, illuminating the ocean shore of the young Oaklore forest. An army of intimidating monsters began emerging from the forest. There were giant lizards, hydra dragons, cockatrices, were-beasts, tengus, gigases, and more. Leading the army was the most horrible nightmare of all. It was a giant serpent, her body raising her head 15 feet above the ground, though her full length was much longer. She had no skin or muscle, and the only thing on her bones was a light blue flame, which encased her bones, and flared from her eye sockets and mouth. The top of her head had a crown of short, bony spikes on it. Her teeth weren’t the long, curved fangs of a venomous snake, but the short, serrated fangs of a constrictor snake. Her enemies would burn to death as she tore them to shreds. This was Wahkahnee, the ice witch, who had assumed a new form during her last confrontation with Seta. “A FINE DAY TO KILL THOSE FOOLS,” she growled, and turned to her trio of werewolf scouts, who had just arrived. “WELL? IS THEIR ARMY COMING OR NOT?” One werewolf spoke, with speech betraying his beastly appearance. “Yes, my Queen. A large army approaches. And…….a terrifying creature leads it. It resembles a giant shark, flying in the sky, ridden by a blue demon.” Wahkahnee looks at the beast with slight confusion. “GIANT SHARK? BLUE DEMON? JUST WHAT ARE THEY BRINGING TO THIS BATTLEFIELD?”

The resistance appears over the horizon. Since Wahkahnee attacked on such short notice, only Earth, Water, and Ice could respond fast enough, so the other Elements were on standby. But, this army was still more than enough. The troops consisted of Water Elementals, Ice Elementals, Earth Elementals, Swordhaven citizens with weapons and armor, water dragons, avalurches, rhisons, and other soldiers. At the army’s rear were troops of healers wearing robes the color of the Element each fought for, wagons made for cooking foods that granted magical enhancements, and mages that specialized in defense magic. Leading the rear troops was Aldmava. She was wearing her blue silk dress, along with a chainmail coat, and steel gauntlets and boots. In the sky above the army was a flying, runed orca, equipped with appropriate, orca-custom battle armor. Riding it was Seta, in his blue and golden warlord armor, with the icy hammer raised. Wahkahnee scoffed haughtily. “HMPH, SETA. I’LL GIVE HIM CREDIT FOR A NICE ENTRANCE, BUT I WILL SHRED HIM TO PIECES, AND MAKE HIS ARMY WATCH!” The witch turned to her army. “DESTROY THEM BEFORE THEY HAVE A CHANCE TO REACT! KILL THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!” She and her army of monsters charged towards them, in a rush of howls and screams.

A flurry of fierce fighting continued for hours. During one instance, Seta’s orca swooped low to the ground, in order to accurately bombard enemies with ice blasts. Unfortunately, this put it in striking distance of the fangs of one of Wahkahnee’s hydra dragons, which dug its dirty, yellow fangs into one of the orca’s pectoral fins. The sudden pain caused the orca to scream and writhe, accidentally throwing Seta to the ground. One of the hydra’s other head saw the downed war leader, and moved in to swallow him. Just then, an ally avalurch grabbed the hydra, picked it up, and threw it about 40 meters away. This not only saved Seta, but freed the orca. Despite the savage power it just showed, the avalurch gently picked him up, and returned him to his mount. Not even back home in the North had Seta seen such a creature. The avalurch was a giant, human-shape beast made entirely out of snow and ice. But, before, he could thank it; a blue fire blast from the witch-snake reduced it to a puddle. Seta’s eyes went wide. No, he had said he’d win this with as little casualties as possible. But his allies were dying, he had to do something. “Wahkahnee! Let’s settle this,” Seta shouted, “in two-versus-one duel! Me and the orca versus you! And somewhere away from our armies!” Wahkahnee thought. Two versus one put her at a disadvantage. But, she’d kill the orca first, and then killing Seta would be a simple matter. Besides, she’d laugh as Seta would watch his beast die. “CHOOSE YOUR BURIAL GROUND,” she said with an invisible sneer. Seta pondered. They were at the northern shore of Oaklore, so that meant that……. “There’s an ice bridge on the ocean not far from here. Our final duel will take place there!” Wahkahnee and Seta left the still raging battle behind as they made their way to the ice bridge, for the battle that would end it all.

Seta, Wahkahnee, and the orca met out a few miles on the ice bridge, surrounded by deep ocean on all sides. “THE IRONY IS BITTER,” Wahkahnee says, “THE STRUCTURE THAT MARKS NEGAFOK’S CROWN GLORY SHALL SERVE AS A REMINDER OF THE DEATH OF HIS ONLY SON. BUT FIRST, I WILL WATCH YOUR TEARS FLOW AS I COOK YOUR FISH LIKE A MUNDANE DINNER!” The witch rushes at Seta and his mount. Suddenly, strands of dripping wet seaweed lunge from the sea, and bind her flaming body. “All plants can be influenced by Earth magic,” Seta said, “even those under the sea, soaked with fire-extinguishing water.” Wahkahnee growled. “YOU CHOSE AN OCEAN BATTLEGROUND TO PUT ME AT EVEN MORE OF A DISAVANTAGE, DID YOU?” She lets out a sly cackle, “DO NOT FORGET THAT MY FIRE, THOUGH, IS NO ORDINARY FIRE. MY MAGIC IS AMPLIFIED BY CHAOS! I CAN BURN MUCH HOTTER THAN THIS! Instantly, the seaweed steams, and burns up like dried vines, and she blasts a stream of fire at Seta. It misses, but the force of the attack knocks him from the orca’s back. He lands on the ice, but the hammer was knocked from his hand, and falls to the water. But, its magic freezes the surface as it gets close, and the hammer lands on its own, miniature iceberg. The orca goes to assist Seta, but Wahkahnee lunges at it, and wraps her coils around its body. “I’LL ROAST YOU SLOWLY,” the witch spat to the creature, “SO GIVE ME SOME GOOD SCREAMS OF AGONY AS YOU DIE!” The orca gave a cry of pain, as its skin around her coils began to turn red.

Seta needed to save his faithful mount; he needed to think fast. In a few seconds, he got an idea that could end this duel. Using the seaweed, Seta brought the iceberg to him, grabbed the hammer and raised it above the ice. If this hammer created the ice bridge, maybe it could destroy it. “I’ll bet you can’t burn hot enough to save you from the entire ocean. You get one chance; let go of my friend.” Wahkahnee should’ve done the smart thing. But, at this point, Chaos had warped her mind completely. “NO! EVERYONE WHO DEFIES ME MUST DIE!” Seta silently said a curse, and then grinned under his face mask. “Have it your way. Let’s go swimming!” With that, he brought the hammer down on the ice. The entire section of bridge they were standing on disappears, plunging Seta, Wahkahnee, and the orca into the ocean.

Wahkahnee screamed and writhed, like a mother dragon with a nest being raided. But the undeniable truth is that water snuffs out fire. Soon, the witch was nothing more than a steaming pile of bones, which sank into the ocean’s depths. The orca, now free, was still adept at swimming in its own element, and swam straight for Seta, who was having trouble swimming in his armor. Within minutes, cetacean and rider burst from the sea, onto the ice bridge. “Hold on,” Seta said. He jumped off of his mount, went to the edge of the ice again, and struck the water with the hammer. Momentously, the resulting ice reformed the bridge. “Great! I did it!” He turned to the orca. “Okay, NOW we can go home.” Seta mounted it, and they flew back to their army.

The resistance, victorious, were all standing on shore, waiting for Seta to return. The young clerk from Swordhaven, who joined as an army chef, was the first one to see the flying orca. “Look! There he is!” The orca landed, and Seta hopped down onto the sand. Aldmava stepper out from where she was watching, held her face, which was streaming tears of joy, ran across the shore to him, screaming his name longingly, lunged at him with her arms stretched wide, and he twirled her around a few times in a loving hug. This made the two of them trip into the shallows, just as a fair-sized wave drenched them. Seta laid in the water, propped up on his elbows, with Aldmava lying on top of him. She was, in Seta’s opinion, at the apex of beauty. The water made her frizzy hair fall straight down to her shoulders, and across the front of her face. Her purple eyes were positively luminous with love and happiness. “My hero,” she whispered. Then she threw Seta’s helmet onto the beach, and passionately planted her lips on his. Negafok came over to the two of them. “It’s over, yes?” Seta finished the kiss, and responded. “Lore has been saved. Wahkahnee is no more. But……..so many lives lost. I didn’t want anyone to die….” Negafok sighed. “Seta,” he said, “there is no such thing as war without casualties. But, isn’t it enough to know that the soldiers died to protect the innocent lives in this world? But, it’s over now. Come, we’re going to the Water castle to celebrate.”

Back at the Water castle, both humans and beasts were celebrating in the main room, opening party drink bottles, dancing, and celebrating in other ways. Seta was out of his armor, talking to Negafok. He was back in his light blue shirt, and grey bottoms. Aldmava walked up to him, with some balance trouble, and grabbed Seta’s arm. She was wearing her blue silk dress, and barefoot once again. Her eyes were out of focus, and her cheeks were bright red. “Seta,” she whined, her voice a bit slurred, “let’s find an empty room, and have some fun for a few hours.” Seta grinned. “Wow, Aldmava. I’ve never seen you this buzzed before. It’s actually a bit funny.” Aldmava started rubbing her body seductively. “Come on, Seta. Come with me, and I’ll let you see,” she sultrily whispered the last word, “everything.” Some people started staring at the three of them, so Seta was glad when the Water King called him to the front of the room. “Present representatives of Lore! Today we faced the biggest threat in the world since before the creation of the Elemental Orbs, and we were victorious! Our hero, Seta, has prepared a song, in the ancient language, representing our struggle, for the bards to carry into the future!” The Water king nodded to Seta, who began singing.

Fisa tura, fisa tura
Mana nika, mana nika
Kaza miti, kaza miti, sagnetiruma
Kaza miti, kaza miti, sagenetiruma……….

The room was silent with all the listeners. Then, suddenly, Aldmava starts screeching. “WOOOOOOO! THAT’S MY MAN! I’M GONNA SLEEP WITH HIM! DOES EVERYONE KNOW THAT!?” Negafok quickly grabbed her, and slung her over his shoulder. “Sorry people! She’s quite tipsy right now; I’ll take her to her room!” With that, Negafok hurriedly left the room, carrying the still cheering Aldmava. Seta stood there, unmoving, stark white, his mouth wide open. The Water King patted his shoulder. “It’s okay. If a woman’s lover was Lore’s greatest Hero, I would wager that she’d be just as excited. How about we wrap up this party so that you two can go home?”

After travelling for a few days, and with Seta and Aldmava back in their cold weather closed, the three returned to the snowy village where the adventure first began. “Well young ones,” Negafok said with a sigh, “this is goodbye.” Seta stepped forward. “What do you mean? Where are you going now?” Negafok withdrew the ice hammer, and balanced it on his shoulder. “Lore still needs more ice bridges, at least one for every pair of separated civilizations. Since I first got the title, this has been my most important task.” He sighed. “This might take me to the farthest corners of the world, so it might be impossible for me to return for some of your most cherished days. So, I’ll give you my blessings now.” Negafok looked at Aldmava. “Aldmava, take care of my son. Become the most loving wife possible for him.” Then, he looked at Seta. “Seta, you’ve fulfilled your destiny as a hero. Now, it’s time to fulfill your destiny as a husband, and possibly, as a father. Make all of Aldmava’s dreams come true.” He starts walking away. “If I’m right, I should return in about 6 years. You two have a magical life while I’m gone” Aldmava buries her face in Seta’s chest, and starts lightly crying. Seta wraps his arms around her as they watch the Champion of Ice disappear into the surrounding pines. Then, Seta slightly smiles. “Hey Allie? Did you ever tell your mother where you were?” Aldmava’s eyes shoot open, and she quickly breaks away from Seta. “I have to go!” Seta gives a little laugh as they both run, as quickly as they can, to Aldmava’s house.

Just as Negafok said, the behemoth wandered into the town 6 years later. The sun was brighter, the greenery was growing, and the ice was melting. Now that the ice bridges had successfully unified all of Lore, the Ice Kings saw it fit to, at last, end the long standing Ice Age. Someone had told Negafok that Seta and Aldmava, who had been married for three years now, were living in the large house at the center of town. Once there, Negafok quietly opened the door, and saw a head of frizzy, silver hair sitting in a chair, facing the active fireplace. “It’s been so long Aldmava, my daughter-in-law.” The giant lumbered over, and turned her chair to face him. Aldmava yelped in alarm and a tiny baby was suckling at her breasts. The baby was wrapped in light pink cloth, as it was now a new custom in the village to identify a baby’s gender by the color of its wrappings, so it was clearly a girl. Her cranium was covered in tiny, silver fuzz, and her eyes were as light grey as river stones. “By Yuki-Onna,” Negafok whispered, “is that a baby girl?” Aldmava smiled. “Her name’s Kemasi. She was born 5 months ago, the first treasure Seta has given me.” Aldmava continued to nurse her. “Sorry, Father. Kemasi hasn’t grown any teeth yet, so I haven’t started bottle-feeding her. Is it alright if she continues?” Negafok shook his head, and sat down. “Where’s your husband?” Aldmava stroked her daughter’s head. “Seta has an interesting job. He leads groups of people to and across the existing ice bridges. I like to think of it as Seta being instrumental in helping Lore’s civilizations grow. It means he’s away from home for days at a time,” Aldmava blushed, “but it’s like falling in love with him again every time he comes back.” She heard a noise, so she handed Kemasi to Negafok, and puts on a shawl to hide her chests. “I love it when he’s right on time.”

Seta entered the house. He is dressed in light, leather armor, with metal plates attached to his chest, boots, and gauntlets. Aldmava ran to his arms, and gave him a kiss on the lips. “I missed you, my love.” Seta blushed, but then he saw Negafok. “Father? It seems that you were right. It’s been a nearly straight 6 years since you left us. I trust that you already love your grand-daughter?”Negafok looked down at the baby girl. “I’ve been around. If they’re beautiful as babies, they’ll be beautiful when they grow up……..Seta, do you think you can help me find a place in town to live? I’m retiring from being the Champion of Ice, so the Elemental energy isn’t masking my years anymore.” Seta looked at his father. “You’re giving it up?” Negafok nodded. “I said that making the ice bridges was my most important task. Now that I’m finished, maybe it’s time to pass the torch to somebody else. They tell me that they offered the position to you, but you turned it down in favor of your wife and daughter. I’m sure that they’ll find someone. Anyway, that’s my situation, you two.” Aldmava smiled. “Well, Dad, you can stay with us. But,” she grins, and draws circles on Seta’s chest with her finger, “Seta promised that when he comes home, that the rest of the day is devoted to ‘private time’ with me.” Seta scooped his wife into a cradle, and she began laughing ecstatically. “You know, she’s right,” Seta said as he took her into the bedroom, and shut the door behind them. Negafok chuckled, and looked at Kemasi. “Your parents are loons…..”

The scene is about 20 years later, and Lore is now a prosperous planet of intermixing civilizations. At a sunny beach with calm waters, a gorgeous young woman comes up from the water after a pleasant swim. She wears a light blue swimsuit, and has sizable chests, which compliment the rest of her flawless body. She has shoulder-length silver hair, and light grey eyes the color of river stones. As she walks onto the beach, a bunch of guys approach her making rude calls at her. “Heya busty baby,” one says, “didn’t your momma ever teach you that it’s dangerous to swim alone? Come hang with us, we treat beach babes right.” Kemasi smirks. “I wasn’t swimming alone, I was with my gang. And I trust them more than know-nothing meatheads like you.” The guys started jeering more. “You’re too good for them. Call them over; we’ll fight them for you.” Kemasi looked to the sea, and snapped her fingers. “Kick these losers’ teeth in.” The water’s surface erupted, as a pod of about 10 orcas leapt from the sea, and floated in the air. “Well, this is my gang,” Kemasi grinned, “still want to fight?” The men, scared as mice, took off. “That’s what I thought,” she said, “immature jerks.”

On a cliff above, an Earth King, a Water King, and Yuki-Onna all watched Kemasi. Yuki-Onna turned to the Kings. “Have you ever seen a more beautiful human?” The Earth King responded. “She’s powerful. Kemasi can control 10 magic orcas, while her father could only control one…….Where did she even find 10 of them?” Yuki-Onna and the Earth King looked at the Water King, who now had nervous, shifty eyes. “It was a gift on her 16th birthday, and she’s the daughter of our greatest hero.” Yuki-Onna looked at the sun. “Lore has a bright future with new heroes like her.” The Water King looked at the sky, his eyes glowing.

“Yes. I see many new destinies on the horizon.”

THE END

Edited. ~DD

< Message edited by Beshin Adin -- 7/23/2012 17:23:52 >
AQ AQW  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AE Crossover >> (Before AQ/DF/AQW) Destiny of Frozen Earth
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition