Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

AI Partner Commads

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> AI Partner Commads
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/2/2012 19:13:57   
Mr. Black OP

If you say "Heal me" Or "Field Medic" they will (if they have the energy).
If you say "Attack Human/Player" they will attack the human.
If you say "Defense/Resistance" They will give you either a DM or Energy Shield.
Epic  Post #: 1
7/2/2012 19:59:49   
forcefear699

i agree the AI are really dumb (like choosing attacker wise)
Epic  Post #: 2
7/2/2012 20:03:04   
Guppy

But make it so it has to be in Ally Chat.
Post #: 3
7/3/2012 4:03:36   
8x

They could remove ally chat and add "Target Select".
So if you target opponents it will attack them and if you target yourself it will heal you or give you shields.

< Message edited by 8x -- 7/3/2012 4:04:30 >
Epic  Post #: 4
7/3/2012 6:07:37   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Personally I rather like the idea, lets face it the AI clearly does not know 2v2 strategy. However, while I am no coder so I can't be sure but, this sounds like a coders nightmare to create. Firstly when do you have to say it, on the NPC's turn, your turn your opponents, any of the above? Since the NPC reacts immediately it would have to either be given a turn or the entry would have to be made beforehand, while an opponent attacks; so you may not know you need healing. May be more practical to just improve the NPCs 2v2 ability or give the player direct control over their ally.

Still if it is possible that would probably be the best solution as it keeps the battle fairly unique, since giving the player too much control makes it a bit too similar to 1v1 for my liking and even an improved AI might struggle on occasion.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 7/3/2012 6:12:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/3/2012 9:18:33   
theholyfighter

Just let us TAKE CONTROL of our Mecha ally.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/6/2012 18:53:33   
Demon Emperor

^ Now that is a good idea. It would make it a lot more fun too, giving you more to think about because you are being two people at once.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/8/2012 2:14:37   
Iceyman54

To the above two, how would that work? I think they would have to make MAJOR changes to the battle system. Im not sure, but i think so. Though it would be fun.
Epic  Post #: 8
7/8/2012 13:04:13   
rej

I like the idea, but it just isn't quite extreme enough.

The player should have TOTAL control over the npc. (In other words, the player chooses all of it's moves/targets every round.)

This should help to even out the unfair fights of 2 34's vs 1 34 and a Heavy mechachillid.

Also, the Mechas need to have a suitable energy gun equipped, so that they can take advantage of players being malfed. And other situations.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/8/2012 15:55:06   
Etrigan

I support this, but (if you control it), how much damage will it do? Can you check it's stats? (If it's just the regular NPC with the commands), will your character say out loud what to do? If you select Field Medic, when do you have to tell it to heal you? It's turn or your turn? I like the idea, but there are *so* many flaws in it, you should post how it should work.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/8/2012 16:01:38   
Guppy

quote:

how much damage will it do? Can you check it's stats?

Knowing how much damage it does and checking its stats don't really matter, you can't change the damage nor the stats anyway.
Post #: 11
7/8/2012 17:00:44   
squareballs5x5

I dont like this idea :/ lols

Just kinda takes the point out of it lols then you might aswell be doing 1v1, i mean, your still gonna lose haha, and most importantly it kinda ruins the point of epic duel, where you design, lvl up, and perfect your charecter, to fight, as your charecter xD,

But on the posative side it would be fun, and at time, yes it would make things more fair, but tbh, that isnt much the point of EpicDuel to make things entirely fair, or theyd be no point battleing and trying to emprove would there! :)

My opinions.

Thnaks.
Post #: 12
7/8/2012 20:34:40   
liy010

quote:

Just let us TAKE CONTROL of our Mecha ally.

quote:

The player should have TOTAL control over the npc. (In other words, the player chooses all of it's moves/targets every round.)

Guys, I'm not sure you understand the meaning of NPC. NPC stands for Non-Playable Character :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/8/2012 20:42:28   
rej

quote:

Guys, I'm not sure you understand the meaning of NPC. NPC stands for Non-Playable Character :P

And I'm not sure you understand what it feels like when you are matched with a Heavy Mechachillid as partner against a pair of full var level 34 players 11 times in a row.
You can understand why we want to at least have a hair of a chance of winning in a few of those situations, can't you? :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/8/2012 21:00:20   
tgod

^when it happens 11 times in a row there are more of the opposite alignment in that server, so just change server.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> AI Partner Commads
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition