Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Great War Suggestion!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Great War Suggestion!!!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/3/2012 20:45:23   
Lord Nub

Get rid of partnering with bugs vs two human opponents!!!

It is an automatic loss among many, many, MANY other issues involved and being discussed in the general discussion area. This is a great suggestion and I sure hope it gets implemented!!!!

Goodbye War, was nice while it lasted xDDDDDDDD
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/3/2012 21:03:01   
One Winged Angel1357

How about just go back to the old system because 2 players vs 2 bugs is just as much of a slaughter-fest and really it isnt as fun as one legion one exile
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/3/2012 21:29:48   
Guppy

I think a solution that would make BOTH sides happy is once you enter that cave-like section and where you'd normally be put into a random battle 2v2 or 1v1, make a screen of 3 button-choices come up, one being 1v1, another being 2v2, and last being Juggernaut. That'd be an amazing idea.

< Message edited by Guppy -- 7/3/2012 21:30:00 >
Post #: 3
7/3/2012 21:30:21   
friend18

I was fine with the old system since the bugs were more of a random factor. I personally thought that mode was fun. 2v2 with all humans is fine (although I was in a game with all blood mages with my partner using one of the Independence swords... All he had was bludgeon and low def/strength - obviously because he hadn't enhanced the sword). Needless to say, we got crushed (he was taken out first, and then fireball + two rage deadly aim enhanced-sidearms later, I was basically dead). One thing that I really hate is that my 2v2 win ratio went from 74% (just cleared 74% today) down to 73%ish. 7 straight losses in 2v2 (6 were the mechachillid partner vs. 2 humans type of matches).

< Message edited by friend18 -- 7/3/2012 21:31:31 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/3/2012 23:47:30   
Joe10112

Can anyone give me a quick rundown why this new system is biased towards Exile winning faster?

Anyway, I still think you can choose to 1v1 or 2v2, in 1v1, 33-50% of the time you fight a bug, in 2v2, 33-50% of the time you AND your opponent are paired with a bug.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/4/2012 1:01:48   
friend18

I posted my thoughts on the Infernal War discussion. It has something to do with how Legion fills slot 1 for 2v2. See, when you do 2v2, you normally fill up the next available slot. With this mode, Legion fills slots 1 and 3 and Exile fills slots 2 and 4. If Legion enters a new battle, a few seconds later, slot 3 will fill with a NPC ally if another Legion player does not join. Exile will automatically fill up slots 2 and 4. I'm not entirely sure if they've fixed it yet or that the problem was due to many exiles logging on in the afternoon.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/4/2012 2:40:07   
Mr. Black OP

@joe
According to the legion only they have bad luck while an exile has a .00001% chance of running into the same situation. jk
It was just an excuse for exile catching up so fast.

But I do agree with the suggestion.
Epic  Post #: 7
7/4/2012 9:45:33   
theholyfighter

First, think they should add lvl 35 nonvarium items that is NOT a sword.
Second, for 2vs2, we should gain control of out NPC partner( don't remove the NPC! that's the appetizer for this war!)
Third, remove the mode when you're paired up with the NPC facing two free players.
Fourth, make the DeltaVault unable to BLOCK, DEFLECT us... how can a door do that?!?!
Fifth, I suggest to make the NPC partner's PRIMARY the same physical/energy as ours.
Sixth, I suggest the DeltaVault's defense and resistance be the same......

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 7/4/2012 10:41:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/4/2012 10:37:14   
friend18

theholyfighter - I'm sure there'll be other non-varium level 35 being released in the coming weeks (check out DisturbedAE's DeviantArt - he has an image of another set of physical crystal arm blades up, and they kind of look like the Hero's Heart set, albeit crystal themed). For your 2v2 suggestion, I think it would be pretty hard. Having one as a partner is fun enough (as long as your opponent is in the same situation). It's just another battle mode with a different strategy that you need to use to win. Your third suggestion, I definitely agree on. It's just a horrible mode. The fourth suggestion, when the vault blocks us, I think of the bars on the side suddenly extending forward, preventing us from attacking the vault door itself. When it deflects, our shots ricochet and don't hit where we intended (hence why it's called deflection). The NPCs are machines. Their claws are physical. Making them use our primary doesn't make sense, would be very hard to code, and is kind of pointless.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/4/2012 13:14:30   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@TheHolyFighter: Please bring up your own suggestions in a separate topic, this topic is for the discussion of this suggestion, and possibly improvements of the suggestion.

On the topic of the suggestion: One match this may happen to you, the next match it will happen to the other person, chances are that you probably won't notice much if this happens to the opponent. It balances its self out, and if it isn't for you, then you're being rather unlucky. In the battles I've been in, I'll have one battle where I'm with a Mecha against two players, next thing, I'll be with another player against a Mecha and a player. So what happens to you, happens to others.

Maybe it can be changed later on in the war, or it can be an improvement for the next war, we'll have to see!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/4/2012 13:37:12   
sky222

@above
Which is basically lose-lose since no one likes that setup....
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/4/2012 14:08:42   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Sky222: What I am saying is that it's not like it's something to be taken personally like the game hates you, or your side. It's something that happens to everyone, and everyone plays through. Yes, it may be an issue, and it'll be one that will be discussed, however, it isn't one to be feeling as if it's only you who experiences 'such a terrible system'.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/4/2012 15:55:16   
luop70

I think that they should keep the Bug VS Human system, but completely recode the AI. Coding it in a way that the AI would learn from each battle, so that it would almost be like a real partner. Also make it so that you can tell the AI a series of commands. Like 'Heal Me' or 'Attack Player One' or 'Heal Yourself' that way it can accept a series of commands. But as a normal partner, it could refuse to do the command if the AI calculates that the battle would be able to be won without that command. But the negative part is coding the AI so that it can learn would take a long time.

A simpler way would be just to have a menu on the bottom of the screen saying "AI Commands". It would simply have a list of commands that a player would say to another player. Examples above. But it would always be able to refuse the command for no reason. Much simpler, would not take that long at all. Simple coding, if they choose this, do this 75% of the time.

Also it would be better if it had a specific type of build. Kind of like a real player. Not attacks from all the classes like most NPC's have. That way you actually have a chance to win with it.

The system is not so bad that it needs to be torn up deleted and never thought of again. It just needs to be changed a little. And guys think about it, is it really that bad? Yeah you might lose a battle, half the time you wouldn't even win the battle with a partner. I've been keeping note of all the builds made for killing the vault. If you where played against a person half of you would never even get to the vault. Yes sometimes you lose but if you have an extreme build it is good in 1v1 can you actually have a chance of passing.

< Message edited by luop70 -- 7/4/2012 16:00:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Great War Suggestion!!!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition