Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

War Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> War Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/9/2012 14:12:35   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Once again, War Discussion is allowed and please remember to bide by the rules! Disobeying them simply gets you in trouble and potentially removed from the forums all-together. If you are polite and follow all the rules, then you will find that things will go a lot more in your favour!

I am upset that it has came to this, and I really do wish there was another way in which this could be sorted. Sadly, as a community, you have left no other option. In the past week we have allowed discussion of the war, and have been incredibly lenient, we've simply deleted comments that needed deleting, and punished User's breaking the rules accordingly. We continued this, not allowing the community to be dragged down by the poor behaviour of a handful of players. Within the past 4 days, despite a very large amount of warnings stating that flaming, or anything against the rules will not be tolerated at all, and numerous posts from myself and other AK's/Mods/Admins in these topics, warning that there would be consequences if it continues, continual issues still came up. Not just issues, but complete flame wars, arguments, and continual discussions that went against the rules. Now we were as lenient as possible, and within these last 4 days, not one topic had to be removed, not 2, or even 3, but 4 topics on the war had to be removed from General Discussion, due to continual rule breaking. Each time a topic was removed, a new one was made, with a warning against everything that happened in the previous. Now quite a few people have complained and asked in the past 'Why are the rules for this forum so tight? It's not fair.', I feel this kind of behaviour brings to light exactly why. Not only for the AK's to have to step in on numerous occasions, or the Mods, but for one of the Co-Head Admins of the forum to have to deal with a large amount of posts himself, it's absolutely appalling.

There is general etiquette that you are expected to have on this forum, membership on this forum is not a right, it's a privilege. A privilege that allows you to discuss in-game content, ask questions, gain help, and directly communicate with Developers, and/or people who will take your ideas and get them implemented into the game. There may be arguments about that, but I can assure you that a very large amount of things put in-game have stemmed from Player suggestions, ideas have been sparked by discussions, and parts of the game molded by your input, all via these forums. We read almost every word posted on here, not 'just because it's our job', but because we want to make this game better for you. We wouldn't have taken our positions whether an AK, Forum Mod, Forum Admin, Game Developer, or In-Game Mod, if we did not care about you. We take these positions because this is something we are passionate about, a community that we want to be a part of, and to improve. The main thing that we are here for and that we want, is to bring features to you, and to keep a safe, secure environment that you can play, and discuss, whether the Game or Forums, and enjoy it. To do this, we need your help. We cannot give what you want without you telling us what it is you want, what it is you want changing, and then, and only then can we start work changing it to your preference as the players.

Now this war is a great new feature, a large proportion of the changes made from the previous war were all made from your input, and what you felt would make the experience better for you. Some of the features introduced, such as the new NPC's that join you in battles, are brand new features, they've not been used before. There are a very large amount of people that have asked for us to give you new features to try, and for you to give feedback on, this is exactly what we are doing, and so far, we've got some good feedback, but a lot of it just makes us question whether allowing you to give feedback on these features is a great idea. Posts like 'THIS IS STUPID I HATE THIS NEW BUG NPC FEATURE IN 2V2, THIS GAME ISN'T FAIR, I DON'T LIKE IT, CHANGE IT NOW' is not constructive, respectful or helpful feedback. This leaves a lot to be desired - you don't like this, what is it you don't like about it? How would you change it to make it better? What should we keep the same, that is working with it? - Simple explanations explaining that gives us the insight we need to make changes. How can we make changes to features that you don't like, when you haven't told us why it is that you do not like them? Be constructive, respectful and explain yourself. Not only does this keep you out of trouble, and actually allow us to read the comment without having to delete it and punish you, it allows us to take your comments, and actually know exactly what you want, and make the appropriate changes, if they are possible.

The other issues have included 'biased staff', yet this is quite a funny, everyone keeps swapping around depending on how the war is going. If Exile is winning 'All the Staff prefer Exile, and it isn't fair, they've made it biased towards Exile.' - Then Legion take the lead 'Titan and NightWraith prefer Legion, they've made it Biased against Legion'. The fact the war is shifting around in accordance to player/faction activity clearly shows that it is not biased, and the fact that players keep arguing who it is biased towards shows this even more, it can't be biased towards both sides. If those facts don't answer things on their own, I can promise you that the war is not biased in any way what so ever.

Final issue that has also been spotted is bugs (the glitch types, not NPCs). Now bugs are not something that are up for discussion, they are things that need to be posted in the Bugs section, more information given by fellow members, and staff to ask for more details if needed. Exploitable bugs need to be sent straight to an AK or a Forum Mod (Ashari is Head Mod for the Bugs section), to be sorted by them. They are not for publicly accusing other of cheating by using them, or anything of that sort, any reports like that need to be sent to The Lawman in a PM. Just going around and accusing people creates flaming, fights, and then partly leads to this. So please, for our sakes, and your own, follow the rules, they are there for a reason! Exploitable Bugs straight to an EpicDuel AK/EpicDuel Moderator, and reports of people abusing them go straight to The Lawman. Any public accusations of use of these, or stating the bug, will be deleted and punished if need be.

Thank you very much for understanding, and I do hope that you all learn from this. This is not what we want, nor what you want, however, I am sure you can understand why this action has had to have been taken.

~Lycus

< Message edited by Practel -- 8/20/2012 8:54:46 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/7/2012 22:38:54   
Lord Barrius

Apparently this warning was not heeded. You didn't even have the thread back for 24 hours before descending into more of the same behavior. So we're going to be banning the discussion of the war for another two days. I will allow a new topic to be made on the 9th, no earlier than noon Server Time.

You are making things difficult for your fellow players, for my AKs, and for the ED staff by continuing to resort to such petty bickering, insults, flaming, trolling, and all manner of inappropriate behavior. So I'll make this last warning very short and concise so that no one can use "I didn't read the warning" as an excuse.

What you're telling me right now is that you're incapable of discussing the war in a civil manner. So if, after this discussion ban is lifted, I'm treated to yet another thread full of the same behavior....then I will ban the discussion of the war for the entire remaining length of the event.

I'm also seriously considering whether or not the rules will need to be modified to restrict Legion vs Exile discussions, due to the alarming number of times that these discussions have come to verbal blows. It's really quite sad that the only recourse available, the only thing that finally gets you to stop misbehavior....is when I just stop letting you discuss topics. You should really think about that, and how it makes you look to everybody else in this forum, before this discussion resumes. Because the third strike will be the last.
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> War Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition