Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Daemon Halls

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> The Daemon Halls
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2012 15:16:29   
silver knight

This story is the history of my Aqw character. Although my account is Pheonyx. My character I call Kyre Anael, and that's what he's going to be called in this story.

At age nineteen, my life had become an endless cycle of wake up, head to the academy for training, and go back home to sleep. At least until the day I was forced to make a choice that set my path forever.

“Kyre Anael. Are you even paying attention to what I’m saying?” the Instructor said hitting my head with the flat of his blade. I came back to reality, and remembered that I was on the training field with the Instructor, and the rest of the class.

“Sorry sir. I promise I’ll try to pay attention from now on.” I said bowing my head. I hoped he would take the apology and leave me alone, but my luck had apparently run out.

“Well Kyre. Since you admitted your fault I’ll grant you the pleasure of letting you spar with me in front of the class. Go and grab one of the weapons in the cache.” He said with a faint smirk on his face. He was going to punish me for daydreaming, and I just had to take it. I walked over to the small closet that held the training weapons, and looked for something. Lots of daggers and axes, a couple maces, a few lightweight swords, and…
Something wrapped up in old linen. I picked up the package, and unwrapped it revealing a sword of an odd shape. It had a split near the top, where the blade looked as if a small chunk had been taken out. The blade itself jutted out in odd spots giving it a jagged appearance. The pommel resembled a needle head, with a hole through it. I held it up, and it was light for its size. It had to be nearly the size of my body, but I could lift it with ease. I then decided I would use the blade against the Instructor.

I returned to the area where the Instructor stood, and waited for his word. He didn’t say anything for a few seconds, and I could have sworn his was staring at me like I’d done something wrong. Well I guess I had so it was to be expected I guess. While I waited I tried to study him. He wore simple linen pants, and shirt, along with an Instructor’s jacket. Which was just a white jacket that fell to just beneath his knees. I didn’t see any armor so that was an equal field, unless there was some built in, or hidden beneath the jacket.

“Are you ready boy?” he mocked finally saying something. He regained his arrogant attitude I was used to.
“If you are sir.” I said emphasizing the sir part. It ticked him off, but I was already in trouble so a little bit more wouldn’t hurt.
I bowed to show my ‘obedience’ if you could call it that, and held the blade in front of me with both hands. He copied my stance, and then charged. With relative ease I raised the sword, and blocked his attack. “Remember. You are to disarm your opponent. Give them mercy if at all possible.” He said jumping back. His sword was skinny, and long. It was a typical weapon for an Instructor for the knights-in-training, but an effective one. He came at be again from above, and I remembered the groove in the weapon. Twisting my weapon, I caught his weapon, and twisted my own weapon in an attempt to knock his weapon out of his hands. It worked, or so I thought until he pulled it back out of the groove just in time.
“Good tactic boy, but a bit faster on the take next time.” He said grinning again. I knew it was too good to be true. He wouldn’t be an Instructor if he couldn’t get out of little things like that. I hated his attitude, but you had to respect someone of his caliber.
He attacked again, aiming at where the guard would have been had the sword had one. I pulled it back , and twisted the sword at an angle to deflect the power in the attack.

“Ultima Lamina” A voice said, and both the Instructors blade, and my own were ripped from out hands. They floated in the air above us, but out of reach. “Instructor Cairn. Is this how you always teach a pupil how to fight?” the voice said again. We both looked at where it was coming from, and it was the Headmaster. I didn’t wait to see what the Instructor did, but I dropped to one knee and bowed my head. I had never met the Headmaster before, but the rumors were that he was strict.
“At least you seem to have taught him one thing. Rise pupil Anael” The Headmaster said. “I wish to have a word with you about the sword you so happen to have chosen for this fight. Instructor Cairn return to your class, and try not to pick a fight with someone this time.” He turned, and beckoned over his shoulder for me to follow. The sword was still floating out of my reach so I simply followed the Headmaster.

In his office he sat down, and laid the sword on the table in front of him. The sword had followed him, above me as I walked to the room. “Animae ore….” He muttered. I took the chair across from him, and waited patiently.
“Where did you get this blade?” He asked me. His gaze was unwavering, and I felt the urge to tell him my life story. Then I understood he was using magic to try to get any information out of me. Once you figure out that magic is being used it was easy to break the spell as long as it was a mental one. My magical awareness wasn’t good enough to be a mage’s stable boy, so I shouldn’t have been able to tell that he was using it on me, but I brushed it off.
“I found it in the weapon cache on the field.” I told him truthfully “Why? Is it an artifact, or something? If I had known I wouldn’t have used it.”
“You are both right, and wrong.” He said “It is an Artifact, but one that I’m only vaguely familiar with. It’s called the Animae Ore, or Soul’s Edge. It is said that it chooses it’s own master based on a desire, and gives them power needed to do what they need with a price of course. Power isn’t free. What truth there is in it, no one knows because it disappears for ages before showing up again in the hands of some new warrior.”
I was shocked. I start to hold off an Instructor in combat, but not only that… I was using an ancient weapon that supposedly had a curse. My luck sucks… Bad day goes good, and then becomes worse.
Someone burst through the door startling me into turning my head. The person who interrupted was none other than Instructor Cairn. “Headmaster. We have a problem.” He said. “Undead are attacking the school. The Magelings are the ones under fire.” Without listening to the rest of the Instructors warning I grabbed the sword, and pushed through to the hallway rushing to the field. The Magelings trained on the other end of the field from where my class trained so I knew where the undead were supposedly attacking.
Inside the needle head pommel a small light started pulsing.

Back in the office Cairn voiced his worries. “That sword. It is…” The Headmaster interrupted him, and simply shook his head in confirmation. “Then should we worry?”
“Only if he makes the wrong decision when the choice comes.”
DF AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> The Daemon Halls
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition