Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Givings Factions a Purpose

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Givings Factions a Purpose
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2012 17:29:22   
rej

I barely ever post in here....

As it has been stated many times before by other players, factions have very little permanent purpose in the game. Once you have received the Flag Capture and World Domination achievements, there is really no reason to remain in a faction. Wars are useful, but they are temporary, and very sporadic in appearance. Therefor, I suggest adding a permanent, useful feature to Factions to make them worth joining. But first, a little back story.
Probably, none of you have ever heard of a little game called Galaxy Legion. Its rather small, and does not have a lot going for it. However, it does have one interesting feature that Epicduel could benefit from: It's faction system. In their faction system, a legion is assigned a base, much like in Epicduel's system. That base is designated a level based on how much has been contributed to the base, similar to faction ranks in Epicduel. The bases in the previously mentioned game have the interesting feature of producing credits and/or valuable items for it's members based on the base level and other factors. (And no, I hope this does not count as advertising, since I am only mentioning the game to explain where I got the idea from.)
I would propose that a similar system is set up in Epicduel.
In one of the unused rooms of a faction headquarters, the leader would find a large machine similar in size and design to the machine that is currently mutating baby yetis in Frysteland. Upon walking up to the machine, a list of standerd option buttons would appear. (Shop. What is this for? Exit. Etc.) In the shop, the faction leader would find several modules that could be constructed in the headquarters. (From the top.)
(Also, note that all of these items require the faction to be level 5 or higher to purchase.)

Faction General Mineral extractor- a device that harvests valuable minerals from the surrounding area. This machine produces 100 credits per legion member for every faction level. (Cost, 50,000 credits, or 750 Varium.)
Headquarters defensive plating- A large, protective sheet of metal welded to the exterior of a faction headquarters, increasing it's total hp by 200. (Limit, 1 per faction level. Cost, 10,000 credits or 150 varium.)
Vendbot- You know what this is. (Cost, 5,000 credits. Offers a 20% discount on all boosters as compared to normal Vendbots.)
Teleporter pad- A pad that will teleport faction members to a specific room anywhere in the game. Faction leader designates teleporting locations. (Limit, 3 total. Cost, 25,000 credits or 275 varium.)
Targeting Array- Allows your faction to target and attack other factions of the opposing alignment. (Limit, 1 total. Cost, 50,000 credits or 750 varium.)

The last item in the shop brings me to my second suggestion: Enemy Faction raids! Yes, that's right, you heard me.
The recent release of the Infernal Infiltration war has brought up quite a few interesting possibilities. One of these is that the vault attacking system could be adapted for faction vs. faction combat. This is how it would work:
1. A faction Leader/Officer used the Targeting Array to locate the Headquarters of a faction in the opposite alignment. (Factions can lock other faction headquarters that are equal or lower level than their own faction.)
2. Players of the attacking faction can go to the Targeting Array in the legion and see a popup that says "Enemy headquarters locked!" They can then click a button that says "Attack enemy headquarters." This will send them to a replica of the outdoor room on the enemy headquarters. Upon attempting to enter the headquarters, they will be sent into a 1v1 fight against a random member of the faction that they are attacking. (If no members of the enemy faction are withing 5 levels of the attacker, then they will automatically fight a random exile or legion npc.) If the attacking player loses, then they are sent back to the outdoor room. If they win, however, they are entered into a battle against the headquarters. The damage/defenses of the headquarters will be identical to the first level of the Delta Vault, however, the hp of the headquarters will depend upon what level the faction is (500 hp per level) and how many Defensive Plating items are installed.
3. Players of the faction that is being attacked can fight back by heading to the headquarters and clicking on the "defend!" button. On doing so, they will be entered into a 1v1 against a player npc from the attacking faction. If they win, they will have the same option as the attacking faction, only instead of doing damage to the headquarters, they will heal it. (I know it sounds a little ridiculous, but it's really the only way to keep things fair.)
4. If the attacking faction manages to bring the enemy headquarters hp to 0, then all faction members who participated in the attack will receive one of the following: 1. A non-rare, non-varium item equal to their own level. 2. A sum of credits. The number of credits received is calculated by this foruma: (Player level)(175)
5. If the attacking faction fails to disable the enemy headquarters, they receive nothing.

Additional notes: faction will only be able to attack 1 enemy headquarters per day. If the faction fails to disable the headquarters in the allotted 24 hours, then it considered a failed attack.

Feel free to post any questions, criticisms, or ways that this idea can be improved.

< Message edited by rej -- 7/7/2012 17:26:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/6/2012 17:31:39   
King Helios

Who is buying the stuff?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/6/2012 17:32:06   
rej

^Faction Leaders, and possibly officers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/6/2012 17:36:38   
Death Jr

So the raiding. Is it similar to the current war where u fight the enemy and then u have a chance at the base till u die.
Post #: 4
7/6/2012 17:37:00   
King Helios

quote:

4. If the attacking faction manages to bring the enemy headquarters hp to 0, then all faction members who participated in the attack will receive one of the following: 1. A non-rare, non-varium item equal to their own level. 2. A sum of credits. The number of credits received is calculated by this foruma: (Player level)(175)

Sorry if I'm being hypercritical, I really like the idea.

But do you choose which reward you get, or is it randomly chosen?

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/6/2012 18:03:39   
Oba

I have to say, many times i disagree with you rej, but this I do agree with. It sounds like fun!

What I'd like to change though, not only officers or the leader should be able to purchase these things. There could be like a bank at the faction HQ where even the members can donate credits/varium if they want to. But only the leader of the faction (as you said) could open this shop and spend the credits/varium.

< Message edited by Oba -- 7/6/2012 18:12:28 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/6/2012 20:23:16   
rej

quote:

Sorry if I'm being hypercritical, I really like the idea.

But do you choose which reward you get, or is it randomly chosen?

Thanks!

I was planning to have it be random, so that players are encouraged to participate in multiple raids if they do not receive the exact reward they wanted the first time around. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/6/2012 21:09:18   
King Helios

By the way, what is the formula for Faction HQ HP?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/7/2012 15:00:40   
rej

quote:

By the way, what is the formula for Faction HQ HP?

Here it is:
(faction level)(500) + (number of defensive plates)(200) + 500.

So, a level 8 faction with maximum defensive plates would have (8)(500) + (8)(250) + 500 = 6500.

< Message edited by rej -- 7/7/2012 17:25:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/7/2012 16:05:02   
One Winged Angel1357

Maybe make the plating a little stronger because as this war proved many players are able to do 200+ damage to a vault type system in a single fight but other then that im all for the idea
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/7/2012 17:15:39   
rej

quote:

Maybe make the plating a little stronger because as this war proved many players are able to do 200+ damage to a vault type system in a single fight but other then that im all for the idea

True, but there can only be up to 18 players in a faction, which means 18 players attacking at once. Also, the faction that is being attacked can continuously heal the base, evening out the playing field. I suppose I could increase it to 250 though. :)

Edit: Fixed the plating so that it now increases headquarter hp by 250, rather than 200. Added a price/description on the faction Vendbot.

< Message edited by rej -- 7/7/2012 17:27:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/7/2012 17:23:46   
One Winged Angel1357

sounds better now I cant one round the base plate haha

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 7/7/2012 17:25:46 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/7/2012 18:33:38   
King Helios

So my faction, with 4 plates (level 6), would have:

(6)(500) + (4)(250) + 500 = 4,500 HP.

A Level 10 Faction, with 8 plates, would have:

(10)(500) + (8)(250) + 500 = 7,500 HP.

Sounds good!

I suggest it regenerate 250 health per minute.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/7/2012 19:31:37   
rej

You would need 5 players or more attacking at once just to stay even with that. The the faction that is being attacked has an option to heal the HQ by dealing reverse damage to it. (fighting the HQ to heal it? Madness!) So, that is really all it needs. 250 hp healed per minute just wouldn't be worth it. 3:

Don't quote the person above you. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 7/8/2012 0:44:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/7/2012 19:48:27   
One Winged Angel1357

5K now to save 5 credits on a booster later I like it haha
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/7/2012 19:57:07   
DeathGuard

I played this game on facebook, though never thought about implementing its features to ED. I will read your post and go through this game once again to see if there are more features that could help.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/7/2012 20:08:31   
King Helios

EDIT:: 50 Health/Minute.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/7/2012 20:54:06   
rej

quote:

5K now to save 5 credits on a booster later I like it haha

Yep. It's all about the long haul. ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/7/2012 21:04:38   
One Winged Angel1357

1001 boosters and it has paid for itself
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/7/2012 22:07:53   
ghost of death96

Really its great idea i like it.

Removed signature as per rules. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 7/8/2012 0:45:18 >
Epic  Post #: 20
7/8/2012 17:16:13   
squareballs5x5

Amazing idea, i support this! ; )

And maby there could be another section on the leader boards showing people progress on Hq attacks and such? Dont no how it would work but would give some people who like to be the best a reason to do it lols? ; )
Post #: 21
7/8/2012 23:28:02   
rej

quote:

Amazing idea, i support this! ; )

And maby there could be another section on the leader boards showing people progress on Hq attacks and such? Dont no how it would work but would give some people who like to be the best a reason to do it lols? ; )

You mean something like the faction all time 1v1 medals leaderboard, that lists the factions that have raided the most enemy headquarters? That sounds like a good idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/9/2012 1:17:34   
pandapwnium

Maybe the attack could have a warning lasting a day so the other faction could prepare, and the two would actually have a chance to interact.
(ex. My faction prepares an attack on another, which takes a day to lock on. In that day the other faction could have members log on)
Epic  Post #: 23
7/9/2012 6:58:53   
squareballs5x5

quote:

You mean something like the faction all time 1v1 medals leaderboard, that lists the factions that have raided the most enemy headquarters? That sounds like a good idea.

Yep thats what i mean Thanks! :)

< Message edited by squareballs5x5 -- 7/9/2012 6:59:53 >
Post #: 24
7/9/2012 7:10:29   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

While I like the idea of faction v faction conflict and the headquaters attack sounds good there are a few issues I have.
1. Can more than one faction attack a single faction, e.g. can 2 level 10 factions attack a level 1.
2. Would low level factions be protected from constant attack, e.g. lower reward for winning, minimum level needed to be attacked. This quote suggests a level 10 could repeatedly attack a level 1.
quote:

(Factions can lock other faction headquarters that are equal or lower level than their own faction.)

A possible solution would be to add the enemy faction level into the reward formula.
quote:

If the attacking faction manages to bring the enemy headquarters hp to 0, then all faction members who participated in the attack will receive one of the following: 1. A non-rare, non-varium item equal to their own level. 2. A sum of credits. The number of credits received is calculated by this foruma: (Player level)(175)
e.g. Weapon is equal to their own level - difference between faction levels and credits calculated by (playerlevel)(175)-350* difference in faction levels.

3. Will a defeated faction suffer any permanent losses, e.g. need to re buy protective plates or other bonuses?
4. Will there be measures in place to prevent exploitation by factions to get credit donations, similar to what happened with battle tokens when flags came out; where factions recruit people to donate then immediately remove them afterwards.
These issues concern me as it may lead to the cuurent factions dominating this system and new ones not being able to ever compete with them.

Other than that I am rather keen on this suggestion.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 7/9/2012 7:23:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Givings Factions a Purpose
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition