Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A solution for future wars [Need Ideas]

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A solution for future wars [Need Ideas]
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/7/2012 22:58:45   
Vypie

We are in need of a solution for better wars in the future. And we need all the ideas and creative help we can get from the community!

First, i want to talk about the current war:
I think the reward system is well done, achievement wise and all that. Nothing wrong with only one side getting the achievement, or other rewards.

The problem lies on the (un)natural difference between the two sides.
The fact that Legion players are more numerous, for example, than Exile players, leads itself to an unbalanced war. There isn't an equal chance for both sides to win, at the moment.

Now, if Legion and Exile had a similar playerbase, the war would be more competitive for both, and maybe both would succeed equally, with evenly distributed awards as well.
But this isn't the case, and Exile might lose if they don't make an extra effort. On the other hand, Legion can counter it by pushing harder too.

There are Players who joined Exile for this war who feel regret.
All the effort is gone wasted and dies upon the clear possibility of Legion winning every layer of the war.
This causes some Exile players to become demoralized and maybe even give up from the war, increasing even more the difference, while chances of succeeding drop.

It starts feeling mandatory to join Legion in order to win the war and earn the extra achievements. It shouldn't... but it might become mandatory.
Following this, if nothing changes in the next war, the problem will grow, obviously with Exile migrating to Legion.

Legion players have done nothing wrong, neither Exiles. It just happens to be like this, and the solution would be to change the war system itself in the future.

What can we do to change it?

One idea would be to make it so only the Top x contributors take part in deciding the outcome. But this would make some people feel left out, since they aren't contributing... I don't know, I'm just throwing my thoughts here at this point.
It's hard, but I'm sure there is a solution for equal chances somehow.

With all this in consideration, we are in need of ideas for solving this problem.
- How can we keep the balance between two different playerbases?
- How can we achieve a competitive war where both Exile and Legion have the same chance?
- How to do it while still letting everyone contribute to the war?

I now ask you guys, please, let this be a constructive thread.
No flaming or discussing about the playerbase, Legion or Exile, or how unfair it is. That doesn't matter here.
This thread is for suggestions, and how to make it better! :)
Epic  Post #: 1
7/7/2012 23:18:46   
Mr. Black OP

For the 1st part:
Maybe only allowing a certain number of players fill one side, after that side is full everyone else goes to the other side or not participate, that balances it out a bit, but it isn't too practical. Maybe the side with more players start with a disadvantage like more vault health or something.

For the 2nd part:
You want it to be competitive then make it so the top 10 on each side receive war hero, if a person knows his friend is going for it then he won't so you lose competitiveness but if they can both win it then they will try to out do each other knowing they will both receive it and people who aren't on the board will feel like getting there is possible which will cause the people who are already on it to be more competitive.

Make it so achievements like breaking down the vault door 1st or similar things require a certain war rank, because some people who are junior cadets have it while people who are commanders or corporals don't get anything even though they worked 100x harder.

For the 3rd part my first idea doesn't work.
Epic  Post #: 2
7/8/2012 0:17:35   
Renegade Reaper

Eliminate the NPC's for the new battle mode that's here. I would like to eliminate the NPC's for the new battle mode simply because when you have one player and an NPC vs. two players, it's a free win for one side, and an unfair loss for the other. Also, since there won't be and NPC's in random battles, there should be an equal number of players from each alignment in each server. And not only that, but players of equal level. Cut the level difference down to 3 or 4 for this battle mode. Make it so that for example if one side has a level 33 and a level 30, the other side has a level 33 or 34 and a 30 or 29, but also, each side has the same amount of equipment. This will make the battles fair for all included in the battle, so that there's an equal chance of winning for both sides. This will make the wars better for all players, whichever alignment they choose to ally themselves with.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/8/2012 1:30:03   
rej

quote:

Nothing wrong with only one side getting the achievement, or other rewards.

Because of this one sentence, I dislike the idea. Not supported.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/8/2012 2:40:49   
SouL Prisoner

LOL , all I see is complaining in this thread , just coz ur on exile and exile lost the 1st. Part of the war...cmon, u can't force any player to choose a side, its ur bad luck that exile has less players.... Exiles gotta prove them selves , that exile is a side worth joining , nobody wants to join a side, that lost and gives no cheevo :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/8/2012 10:33:15   
Vypie

quote:

Because of this one sentence, I dislike the idea. Not supported.

The idea is that the current system is fine ...If both sides were equal!
If at the end of the war Exile and Legion earns the same amount of rewards/achievements, that would be fair.
I understand, there would be unobtainable achievements and such, but in possibly the same amount in both sides.

quote:

Exiles gotta prove them selves , that exile is a side worth joining , nobody wants to join a side, that lost and gives no cheevo :P

You are right. We must also prove that Exile is a capable faction! Exile must make a huge effort NOW to show this, and more players will naturally come with it.

Nobody would want a balanced system, if in the backstage we were fighting 4 to 1.
We must promote Exile! :)
Epic  Post #: 6
7/8/2012 15:46:46   
Etrigan

quote:

If at the end of the war Exile and Legion earns the same amount of rewards/achievements, that would be fair.
No, that would not be fair, it would be pointless. It's like saying two countries fighting and when one really wins, both are getting credit for victory, even though only one truly won. Just no. I see your point, and I disagree with it.

On topic, I've noticed the Legion's vault was shielded the entire first part, why not have the door on the Exile's side lower it's defenses to transfer the defenses to the Legion's door, making the Legion work harder to deal the certain amount of damage, leaving the other door weaker and easier to destroy, making the Exiles WANT to participate?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/8/2012 17:06:00   
Vypie

Oh, but of course. There must be an absolute winner in the end of the war, with the best rewards, etc.
Maybe i should rephrase myself a bit better. I was saying that during the whole course of the war, both alignments should be able to earn stuff with the same chance. I disagree with both being rewarded equally at the end.
On each single phase of the war, only one should be rewarded. But, having roughly the same chances, each would have defeated the other in different phases, unlocking different rewards separately along the way.
Right now we may be expecting all rewarding stuff to only one side as it is.

And when one alignment would be successful at one war, in the next maybe the other would take the place as the winner. THAT would be fair :)

According to your suggestion, I think its good idea. It actually makes sense, the Vault sacrificing its defenses on the weaker side to power up the shielding on the other end.
That would make players, though being less numerous, not mind being on Exile, and maybe in the future we could see a more balanced playerbase.
AND everyone would still have their place to contribute.
Maybe the amount of defense transferred would be decided on the amount of players participating at that moment, or on the damage they are dealing, in a proportionate way.
Epic  Post #: 8
7/8/2012 17:20:36   
Ranloth
Banned

Health of Vaults can always be based on people on each side. So there are more Legions than Exiles, Exiles get more HP to average it out; since Legion will have more players, Exiles will have less, so boost will average it out. This would probably be easiest solution people can think of and possibly one of the better ones, and could make it fair if sides are slightly uneven.
But problem arises when there are more Legion players and innactive and less Exiles but more active. So here goes less Legions that are active, more Exiles that are active + get a boost. Shouldn't be a problem really since it's a competition and Legion has won once and Exiles were close in some cases - and I believe were ahead few times - so boost to Exiles would be good to make chances about even; it'll never be even, especially in a PvP game.

As of achievements. I think Vault should stay as they are since winning side deserves them and when the war is won, the winning side gets an achievement for winning obviously, but the opposite side also gets one for competing well, worth less Points too but wouldn't be too bad (and perhaps description that they've lost? xD). When it comes to items, they should be unlocked after every Vault is broken, so winning side gets items and losing gets none. This is competition. What'd happen if ___ side loses them let's say twice? Devs can set a challenge where the side has to meet certain deadline to get the items, so perhaps knock of certain amount of HP from the Vault that is not easy to do but challenging (this is a challenge after all!). These challenges would also motivate players to play more in the War and making the sides even more even + more active. :) But shops would obviously include some Credit items too. Not every player is rich nor has enough money to throw out Varium + enhance items just like that, nor every players in the War is Varium. Many Varium players could use Credit-only items too because it'd be much cheaper to enhance and difference isn't as big + it's another reason for non-Variums to fight in the war.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
7/8/2012 20:46:41   
rej

quote:

I definitely agree to that idea. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/8/2012 20:54:17   
Renegade Reaper

@Trans great ideas man.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/9/2012 2:01:05   
frosty123

Hmmmm... I really like this new war system. If you excuse me a lv 29 with a Lv 30 Excuse for a bug fighting a leve 34 with a 35 bug.

Make it like frystelnad where you fight NPC.

Make it so it shows the top damaging faction instead of player. Idk why. Probably gonna get Not supported

Make it 2 battle to get to the vault?

Hmmm. O I know

Lets say there is 43678 Existing Accounts in ED

Lets say the server max is 1000. So only 500 Legion Players can Join. And only 500 Exiles. If there is not 500 Legion players and there is only 346. Then Their are 154 Heavy people. So there is a 154/500 Chance you will get a Heavy person to fight. And if a Heavy MechaChill Wins or is in the winning team it does. 75 damage. Make sense?

Again im just throwing out ideas

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A solution for future wars [Need Ideas]
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition