Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Combat System

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Combat System
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2012 20:23:38   
FurionEU

I propose a new take on PvP. I've found whilst making a new char the victory of most battles relied heavily on who came in with the highest level or the most varium gear. I don't particularly think this is fair. I suggest that the brackets up until level 10 are separated by two levels maximum. E.G. You're level four, you can only fight, twos, threes, fours, fives, sixes. This will in my opinion also help the player base grow. When I first started I was skeptical of the game when I fought a level six TECH MAGE at level two... Also I think the healing spell should be less effective on Tech Mages, and I think that will balance itself out a little more because low level TMs that hybrid Plasma Bolt and Field Medic are WAY to OP. Or at least in this version of the game. Just a few thoughts I needed to throw around, thanks for reading!
Post #: 1
7/8/2012 20:44:49   
rej

Yeah, the level range is outrageous at low levels- the very first 1v1 match I ever did was as a level 1 against a level 6. (Thankfully, they had some computer issues, so I still won.) Having a chance to fight a player up to 6x your own level is ridiculous. I fully support the idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/8/2012 21:18:23   
forcefear699

Same i am a lvl 24 TLM and i fight lvl 30's and 29 [i win :)] and its getting ridiculous I fully support the idea to!!!
Epic  Post #: 3
7/10/2012 22:02:26   
Etrigan

Support. Freaking sick of fighting level 34's with Delta Knight, 50-70 BASE dex/tech, 125 hp, etc. So annoying.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/13/2012 8:50:24   
vam

i wanna suggest one thing to make the pvp battle more interesting..... as we all know while battling we all look at our opponents stats and then attack at their weak point.... i wanna suggest that we should not be able to look at the lvl our opponent is (of-course +5 or -5) and their stats as well during the battle...... i think this will give a real battle scenario as we will not know what is awaiting us ...!!!!!!!
Post #: 5
7/14/2012 23:04:57   
wolfhawk spy

I 100% dont support the idea of fighting people closer to your level.. im a non varium blood mage that has to fight 34's with full varium, the only luck i get is hoping i get a low level 28 to bring my record back up

Post #: 6
7/14/2012 23:41:26   
Sympleton

No to every suggestion here....

Without a level difference of 5, battles would take a LOT longer to be found.
I always thought it was fun to fight someone 5 levels higher than me, because it was actually a challenge. It is good that ED has some variety thrown into it, or it would be boring : /

Also, someone suggested that field medic heal less on Tech Mages. Umm... No. Think about the balance issues that raises. If you are being beaten by Tech Mages, try a different build.

Regarding the hiding of stats : I feel like this could be fun if implemented as a temporary thing. Perhaps once a week or something like that. Then the community could decide whether they liked it or not. I can already see people raging about this, and it would be so easy to claim someone is hacking. "He blocked me 10 times, he probably has like 99999 dex!!!"
Meanwhile there would be no way to prove that he did NOT have that much dex. Idk, probably better to just leave it like it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Epic  Post #: 7
7/16/2012 7:35:55   
heroquest

hi guys hi artix i have a suggestion for fireball why you can change the animation, is like the spit of a dragon not a real fireball.
is better a ball or a meteor. We want see our characters more cool, i think all want this, and please look at the skill of cyber is a bit OP thx all
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Combat System
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition