Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Item bidding/selling shop by players

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Item bidding/selling shop by players
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/15/2012 10:18:50   
Commander X

Many items are being outdated now, what if we will be able to sell them to our fellow players? I mean if ED can make a shop wherein players can sell their old items for a reasonable price. For example, rather than selling a limited rare weapon that is taking up inventory space, you can put it up for bidding in the shop so other players can put it to good use. The pricing will depend upon what is agreed. It could be a set price or it could be put up for bidding.
Post #: 1
7/15/2012 10:36:19   
drinde

This would be a good idea, but I think it's a bit too complicated to code in a reasonable amount of time...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 2
7/15/2012 10:54:02   
King Helios

I'm thinking something like RuneScape's trade system.

(My memory's kinda hazy, because I haven't played in 3 years, but they had a trade system where you click on your item and get a trade)

Kinda like an open-air market of weaponry.

Support.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/15/2012 12:17:33   
Etrigan

Nobody sells rares. (Not until they get Treasure Hunter cheevo at least) :P
Personally I disagree with trading systems, but I support this because it sounds like an Auction House. Only support if it's an AH.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/15/2012 17:01:48   
rej

Supported, having a way to sell off unwanted items for a reasonable price (rather than 15% value currently) is a great idea. Supported.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/15/2012 17:07:13   
Mr. Black OP

I kind of suggested something like this before (except a step or two further)... got no feed back so I support.
If you wanna see it message me and I'll send you the thread.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/16/2012 9:14:29   
rayniedays56

I like this idea a lot! :)

It would generate more revenue for ED, and would also allow credit players easier access to weapons :)

SUPPORTED :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/16/2012 9:56:59   
Commander X

@Mr. Black OP - can you post the link here? It would be cool if we could view it too.
@Others: Thanks for supporting this idea! :) I hope they will implement this.
Post #: 8
7/16/2012 17:29:06   
Kd

i support this... im sure i could get some pretty good trades/cash for my alpha items that i no longer use ;)
Epic  Post #: 9
7/16/2012 17:32:39   
Ranloth
Banned

It'd be great and better than selling your normal items in a shop. Sure we could make like 10% tax profit for Varium as a payment for Devs (since we sell it to others and get Varium back) or something to keep it still fine, and Credit sellback being set to at least 50% at the start. Probably fixed time to bid as well to make it less complex and when it's over then player will have to log-in to sell it to them and get payment (if they got the Credits/Varium).

Would be really fun addition to the game, strategical in a way too if you aimed for some items & you could sell useless LQS rares which you might have (spare) which is in favour of some players. :D
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
7/16/2012 21:49:12   
Camoflague MerC

I have waited forever and a day for a trading system in epicduel. Supported.
Epic  Post #: 11
7/17/2012 15:35:08   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Trading will be something that most likely will never be released in EpicDuel, due to the high risk of scamming and other issues that stem from Trading. Most games that include trading have huge issues with players who don't understand the game trading weapons for something that isn't worth it, or being scammed, and having all their items given to someone else. The amount of issues that would come from implementing trading is much higher than the pros that it gives. So unless there's a way to make it scam proof, it won't be happening.

As for this idea, it's certainly very interesting and something that may be good to discuss as a team. However, there are a lot of issues I can see from this straight away. Firstly, rares are rares for various reasons, either they cannot be bought anymore, and never will be able to be bought again; they can only be bought at a certain time in the year, or they can only be bought when in stock. Setting up a market where all these can be sold at any time would lead to a lack of meaning in a lot of these and a lot of confusion. Accounts made in Gamma, with Beta Weapons; none-founder accounts with Founder Armour; accounts made in Delta with Alpha weapons. There are a lot more examples, however, I think you get the idea. This kind of thing has been suggested before and the same thing will be said. The above scenarios are things we don't want and will not allow. The only way to implement this kind of system is to restrict any items like that from being sold, and that kind of destroys the purpose of the whole idea.

Secondly, most rares are already sellable, those rares that aren't are the ones most people end up emailing in saying 'I accidently sold this, please can I have it back'. If the whole idea is to allow others to buy them, I've already listed the issues with that above. Not only that, but allowing people to buy seasonal rares any time of the year makes it meaningless.

As you can see, there are quite a lot of cons that could come out of this, including scamming issues. So it's a good idea, but one that has a lot on both sides of the arguments and has to be thought about due to that.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/18/2012 10:27:04   
Commander X

@Lycus: Thanks for pointing out the very important stuff. I didn't think of those at first but now I realized them too.:) I was suggesting this because people sometimes just sell their rares because of either lack of inventory space or the need for resources. It would be a waste to lose those rare weapons. Well, if this idea will not be possible for the rare weapons, what if we only involve the common items. A level 34 can sell his old aux, sword or sidearm so lower level players can use them.
Post #: 13
8/3/2012 6:14:51   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Sorry for the late reply, and I know it's extremely late, but I do think this does deserve a reply. The issue there is that all common weapons are still available, and it would create a weird situation where no one would buy anything from the shops, because they can get them cheaper from another player. Which kind of makes it all pointless. If players want to buy common weapons, they can buy them in a shop, if they want to sell them, they also can do that in a shop. Since they're normal weapons, it's no issue since they're not exactly being wasted, since they're readily available anyway :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Item bidding/selling shop by players
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition