Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Breaking Point

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Breaking Point
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2012 9:07:38   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

Breaking Point
Part 1: Plans Revealed!

Location: Travel Map » Sail East » Travel South » Seekrat » 9: Breaking Point

The SeekRat is an insane villain seeking to unlock all of the universe's secrets. He opened a gate to a parallel universe filled with shadow creatures to obtain their power, but the adventurers of Lore stopped him from finishing the ritual.

The SeekRat then proceeded to gather a number of villains, calling themselves the Terrible Twelve, and their actions forced a mysterious man named Lord Barrius out of hiding. Lord Barrius charged you to observe the SeekRat and keep him from endangering Lore.

Ever since, the SeekRat has not left his home deep in the Dark Jungle...

That is, until today...

«Scene: The Dark Jungle. The SeekRat runs past, from left to right. After he exits, «You» enter the Scene, pursuing the SeekRat.»

«You»: Hm. He's gone awfully far from home. We've been heading south for some time... I think we've passed Mount Thrall already.
«You»: Where is he going? And what is he up to this time? I'd better follow him...
    4 BATTLES
    Refer to Forest Encounters monster list
    Full Heal after battles #2 and #4
«The chase has led «You» to a temple.»

«You»: What exactly is he... woah!

«Scene pans to the right, showing the SeekRat ascending the steps into the temple.»

«You»: There he goes!

«At the top of the steps, «You» meet a company of Monocled creatures - Owl, Frogzard, and Wolverine.»

«You»: Drat! Looks like the SeekRat didn't come alone. He's definitely up to something if these guys are here!
    4 BATTLES
    Refer to Monocled Monsters monster list
    Full Heal after battles #2 and #4
«You»: I'd better hurry, he's way ahead of me now!

«Scene shows movement into a hall, at the end of which is a room from which light spills out. Scene shifts to the inside of the room, where «You» confront the Empowered SeekRat, who stands behind a red and white flame.»

SeekRat: Ah, good, you're here right on time.
«You»: What do you mean, SeekRat? What are you up to?
SeekRat: I wanted you to be here to witness this. My minions can keep the others at bay, unable to access this place, but you...
SeekRat: You deserved to see this. The moment of my ultimate triumph! Over you, over ElBhe, over this entire world!
«You»: You're talking nonsense, SeekRat. Maybe you've had too much of that trail mix. Your plans always fail.
SeekRat: On the contrary, «You», I have been preparing for this day for longer than you know. I cannot fail. And it's all thanks to you!
  • What is he talking about...
      «You»: Oh? Enlighten me, then.
      SeekRat: Good, then a story you shall have. Do you recall the day I opened that gate to another dimension?
      «You»: The shadow universe?
      SeekRat: Correct. At that time, I became possessed by one of ElBhe's kind... a shadow creature.
      SeekRat: Thanks to you, the ritual did not take fully, which left it weak enough for me to analyze.
      SeekRat: But in order to finance my research, I needed money... and that's where the "Terrible Twelve" came in.
      «You»: What?
      SeekRat: I told them of the shadow universe, and that it would one day break free of its bindings and invade all of Lore.
      SeekRat: Villains gathered together for the sake of war are easily parted from their money. they gave generously to my cause.
      SeekRat: I gained enough money to finance some materials to fight the shadow creatures... and the rest helped fund my research.
      «You»: So that was why we found those weapons in your base of operations...
      SeekRat: Best of all, when they all told me their sob stories about how you had beaten them, I knew I could use them in another way.
      SeekRat: I told them to invade Battleon with their armies. While they kept the adventurers busy, I got to work.
      «You»: Doing what, exactly?
      SeekRat: Damaging the seals on all of the gateways to the shadow universe.
      «You»: WHAT?!?
      SeekRat: Oh, this is the best part of my story!
      SeekRat: I knew that kidnapping ElBhe would distract his owner enough to come looking for his lost kitten...
      SeekRat: So I had the Terrible Twelve take care of that. As expected, it drew attention away from the gates...
      SeekRat: Well, you can guess the rest.
      «You»: So you gathered the Terrible Twelve to prepare for an invasion from the shadow universe...
      «You»: ... and invasion that wouldn't have happened, if not for YOU?
      SeekRat: Exactly.
      «You»: You truly ARE insane. You might destroy all of Lore, and for what? What do you gain?
      SeekRat: Silly «You». You have always dealt with villains whose motives were so simple.
      SeekRat: 'Destroy Battleon' or 'take over the world'. How droll. True villainy needs no such things!
      SeekRat: Now then, we've talked enough. Face me, if you dare, «You»!

Continues in the battle below.
  • Fight the SeekRat!
      «You»: Save your breath! Whatever you have planned, it ends here.
      SeekRat: Oh, eager to fight, are we? Fine, let's skip the victory speech and go straight to your defeat!

Continues in the battle below.
    «You»: ... well that's a surprise. You didn't run away this time.
    SeekRat: Dear «You», that is because I no longer have a reason to run.

«The flames grow darker.»

SeekRat: Everything I have done has led to this moment... watch, «You»!
    «You»: Oh no!

«The Scene grows darker. Outside, Shadowy clouds gather. New Scene: Lolosia, where the clouds are also seen to be gathering.»

Captain Rhubarb: That be a storm unlike any me eye has ever seen!

«Scene fades. New Scene: Darkovia, where Vampires and Werewolves are engaged in battle.»

Vampire: This is OUR territory, hairball!
    Lycan: No, this land belongs to our king!

«Scene shifts to the sky above. The same Shadowy clouds gather.»

Lycan: Er, on second thought, you can have this land.
    Vampire: No way, it's all yours!

«Scene fades. New Scene: The neighborhood of Battleon, where more clouds gather.»

Artix: These clouds look all too familiar...
    Warlic: Yes... from what has been explained, I expect this has something to do with that 'shadow universe'.

«Shadow creatures gather and the three prepare for battle.»

Galanoth: To arms, everyone! Battle On!

«Scene fades as they fight the Shadows. Scene returns to the temple.»

«You»: What... what have you done?!
    SeekRat: I have started a new age. I wonder which of your friends will survive the impending apocalypse I've created?
    SeekRat: Well, n any case, I'd love to stay, but I have a doomsday to oversee.
    «You»: SEEKRAT! We're NOT done here!
    SeekRat: I have no more time for you, «You». But perhaps these creatures do...

«A Shadow Braken and Shadow Blecch enter the Scene.»«You»: I've got to get out of here!

«Outside the temple, «You» meet Lord Barrius and ElBhe.»

«You»: You're here!
    Lord Barrius: But too late.
    «You»: How could this happen?
    Lord Barrius: We underestimated that rat. Out guard was lowered while ElBhe was observing the Terrible Twelve...
    «You»: You mean 'captured', right?
    ElBhe: No. I had hoped that allowing myself to be captured would give me a chance to investigate the SeekRat's plans, but...
    ElBhe: The Terrible Twelve knew nothing about it. The SeekRat was very careful to keep this plan a secret.
    Lord Barrius: After the war, we discovered the SeekRat's tampering with the seals, but such powerful seals take time to repair.
    Lord Barrius: Time we did not have. I had hoped you would keep him occupied long enough to fix the damage...
    «You»: What's the situation so far?
    ElBhe: The shadow creatures weren't aware of this plan, thankfully. There aren't very many of them yet...
    ElBhe: But there are reports of creature sightings both here and in Battleon thus far.
    Lord Barrius: And as the creatures figure out what has happened to the seals on their gates, they will come in far greater numbers.
    «You»: We'd better get to work, then!

To be continued! Next week: The Final Countdown!
    Seekrat: Breaking Point 1

Shop Shields:
  • Luminous Shield Z
  • Luminous Shield (31)
  • Luminous Shield (52)
  • Guardian Luminous Shield (73)
  • Luminous Shield (94)
  • Luminous Shield (115)
  • Guardian Luminous Shield (136)
  • Guardian Luminous Shield (150)

Shop Spells:
  • Embrace the Shadows (10)
  • Embrace the Shadows Z
  • Embrace the Shadows (52)
  • Guardian's Embrace the Shadows (73)
  • Embrace the Shadows (94)
  • Embrace the Shadows (115)
  • Guardian's Embrace the Shadows (136)
  • Guardian's Embrace the Shadows (150)

• Play again!
  • Guardian Tower!
  • Leave

Write-up by Archmagus Orodalf.
    Monster Lists

Jungle Encounters
    Level 0-30
    Deathwood (5)
    Plant Dragon (5)
    Asgir'Rook (10)
    Beetle Zard (11)
    Chimera (11)
    Frogzard (20)

Level 31-51
    Deathwood (25)
    Plant Dragon (25)
    Asgir'Rook (30)
    Beetle Zard (31)
    Chimera (21)
    Frogzard (40)

Level 52-72
    Deathwood (50)
    Plant Dragon (45)
    Asgir'Rook (50)
    Beetle Zard (51)
    Chimera (45)
    Frogzard (60)

Level 73-93
    Deathwood (75)
    Plant Dragon (75)
    Asgir'Rook (70)
    Beetle Zard (71)
    Chimera (75)
    Frogzard (80)

Level 94-114
    Deathwood (95)
    Plant Dragon (100)
    Asgir'Rook (90)
    Beetle Zard (91)
    Chimera (90)
    Frogzard (100)

Level 115-135
    Deathwood (115)
    Plant Dragon (120)
    Asgir'Rook (110)
    Beetle Zard (111)
    Chimera (120)
    Frogzard (120)

Level 136+
    Deathwood (135)
    Plant Dragon (135)
    Asgir'Rook (130)
    Beetle Zard (131)
    Chimera (135)
    Frogzard (135)

Monocled Monsters
    Level 0-30
    Monocled Frogzard (10)
    Monocled Wolverine (15)
    Monocled Owl (18)

Level 31-51
    Monocled Frogzard (30)
    Monocled Wolverine (35)
    Monocled Owl (38)

Level 52-72
    Monocled Frogzard (50)
    Monocled Wolverine (55)
    Monocled Owl (58)

Level 73-93
    Monocled Frogzard (70)
    Monocled Wolverine (75)
    Monocled Owl (78)

Level 94-114
    Monocled Frogzard (90)
    Monocled Wolverine (95)
    Monocled Owl (98)

Level 115-135
    Monocled Frogzard (110)
    Monocled Wolverine (115)
    Monocled Owl (118)

Level 136+
    Monocled Frogzard (130)
    Monocled Wolverine (135)
    Monocled Owl (138)

All monster lists courtesy of BlackAces.

< Message edited by whackybeanz -- 12/28/2012 6:44:33 >
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Breaking Point
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition