Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= July 17th Design Notes - Break on Through to the Other Side

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= July 17th Design Notes - Break on Through to the Other Side
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/19/2012 22:04:50   
Rayman
Banned

Yes the bikes will be CC.
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
7/20/2012 4:06:47   
charwelly

They were all awesome arts they were great
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
7/20/2012 8:07:08   
sylar67

@char ,
-1st : the players are fighting for the war .... at least give them a reward like the bike should be for free , whats the point of rewards if its only chevos ,,, we only get a star , you get happy then everyone gets to that star and its soo familiar and useless ,
-2nd : Giving the 3rd vault cracker the ability to use the magma bomb and only them is kinda dumb , im sure the side that will win it , he will win the 4th vault not because of the magma bomb but cause the side that finishes 2nd wont wana compete when the enemy has way better weapons ( the magma bomb )
and 3rd what about adding 2 extra vaults , i mean the war is a bit fun way better then only 1vs1ing .... like we used to , and at least till we get a war general :/
Post #: 103
7/20/2012 8:41:14   
Minus123

Ohhhh maaaan, I'm definitely going to get that bike, good thing I haven't spent my credits yet.

@Lord Nub
Frysteland was their first war, so they didn't really know how to go about it. Plus it's arguable that legion won that war mainly because varium ran the whole thing, and non variums were barely even a factor. (Not to mention how Yeti Hulk had both physical and energy, while fenris only had energy attacks except for stun grenade.)

Post #: 104
7/20/2012 9:08:58   
Fay Beeee

This is from me personally and the way I see it.
My answers.

quote:

sylar67
@char ,
-1st : the players are fighting for the war .... at least give them a reward like the bike should be for free , whats the point of rewards if its only chevos ,,, we only get a star , you get happy then everyone gets to that star and its soo familiar and useless , We get good credits and xp, we get good drops (from the vault also) and you probably will disagree with this one. The honour of battling for the side you support.
-2nd : Giving the 3rd vault cracker the ability to use the magma bomb and only them is kinda dumb , im sure the side that will win it , he will win the 4th vault not because of the magma bomb but cause the side that finishes 2nd wont wana compete when the enemy has way better weapons ( the magma bomb ) In my opinion, it creates competitiveness. And a feeling of pride when you achieve.
and 3rd what about adding 2 extra vaults , i mean the war is a bit fun way better then only 1vs1ing .... like we used to , and at least till we get a war general :/No comment for this one. Either way is good for me. :)

No offence meant, no trolling or flaming please. :)
Have fun and stay safe.
Epic  Post #: 105
7/20/2012 10:06:58   
sylar67

quote:

The honour of battling for the side you support.

what honor when each battle there is a minimum of 3 blocks 2 deflections 4 crits -.- ?
Post #: 106
7/20/2012 10:41:41   
Fay Beeee

LOL I just knew you would not agree to that one. BUT it is how I view and we are all entitled to our views. As long as they do not slander or hurt anyone else.
Epic  Post #: 107
7/20/2012 11:11:24   
Lord Nub

@Minus,

And now we are at our second war and people with half a brain cell understand what is going to happen in the future. Just because the team is new at something is no excuse to overlook such obvious mistakes.

They will be forced to change the reward structure before the next war because everyone will leave Legion factions for Exile to claim all the rewards. Of course before this happens, Exile players have already gotten all these great rewards from the current system screwing over the active Legion players.

Thanks for looking at the content being released once again before releasing it. I would suggest no further alignment specific rewards as both alignments are currently even but they have to make serious mistakes before learning how to go about things here.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
7/20/2012 11:15:42   
DunkThatOreo

Lol did fay beee really say the *honour* of playing for your alignment...lol theres no honour in playing a computer game XD no offense fay beee <3
Epic  Post #: 109
7/20/2012 11:32:16   
Fay Beeee

@ DunkThatOreo I have made friends in 'This computer game' that is what I meant. And JUST because it is a computer game, there can always be honour.

Lord Nub . I do not agree with any of your points.

But like I said we all have a right to our views.

Respect to you all.

AND just tweeted
quote:

Charfade ‏@Charfade
EpicDuel News! Both Mechachilid Cruisers Legion and Exile are labeled as war rare and will be priced at 30K credits.

quote:

Titan ‏@Titan_EpicDuel
Coolest bike ever launching today. It's got creepy crawly legs and the best part is it's available to everyone .. Credits only!

quote:

Titan ‏@Titan_EpicDuel
The price will be 30,000 Credits for the new Mechachillid Cruiser Vroom Vroom. Check the DNs for this and more: http://t.co/uoVF2N19

quote:

Charfade ‏@Charfade
ED ProTip: Needing credits for the Mechachillid Cruiser? The vault drops gems you can sell for a added boost, and dont forget power hour!

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 7/20/2012 11:44:00 >

Epic  Post #: 110
7/20/2012 11:38:39   
liy010

quote:

-2nd : Giving the 3rd vault cracker the ability to use the magma bomb and only them is kinda dumb , im sure the side that will win it , he will win the 4th vault not because of the magma bomb but cause the side that finishes 2nd wont wana compete when the enemy has way better weapons ( the magma bomb ) In my opinion, it creates competitiveness. And a feeling of pride when you achieve.

I agree with that but wouldn't it make more sense to give the losing side the Magma bomb?
It's the losing side that needs a boost, not the winning side. After all, if we won this one what's stopping us from winning the next one?
Put that together with the Magma bomb and "We got this in the bag"
We don't want one side making a clean sweep of the war so I think the losing side should get a boost, such as the Magma bomb
But hey, I'm Exile so I ain't complaining :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
7/20/2012 11:40:17   
Fay Beeee

I as Exile did not complain when Legion beat us to the very first Vault.

quote:

Charfade
New Auxiliary weapons this release too! Both Credit and Varium versions! Check'em out! http://t.co/SVwIt1XP

quote:

Charfade ‏@Charfade
Last chance to get the Friday 13th Achievement! It will be leaving the game when we roll the release today!

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 7/20/2012 11:52:22 >
Epic  Post #: 112
7/20/2012 11:54:40   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

That bike is practicly already mine...

In addition; how ISN'T there honor for fighting for your side? Thats pretty much the only thing that keeps me going. Lol.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
7/20/2012 12:03:38   
ansh0

I just hope that the auxes on the bottom are credit only.
Epic  Post #: 114
7/20/2012 12:04:51   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

^^Ditto
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 115
7/20/2012 12:11:08   
Lord Nub

quote:

Lord Nub . I do not agree with any of your points.

By not agreeing with any of my points you are saying that it is okay then to reward one side and that players will not leave Legion factions prior to the announcement of the next war to obtain all the additional rewards there as well thus creating a slaughter and not a war?

You also are saying that they will not change the reward structure as I said they will indeed do in the future because it will indeed cause this issue.

By then, as I stated, will be after Exiles have received all the rewards this war has to offer but you do not agree that any of this will happen?

I am confused because you only stated you don't agree with anything but I guess we will see how it turns out.

This needs to be stopped now and neither alignment should be given anything further as a reward specifically for them, it is quite obvious Legion can't keep up. To just brush this off as Legion not being as active only momentarily is the wrong thing to do. Nothing good will come of this but thanks for your input newly selected player moderator.

@Below,

Achievements are a personal opinion, some players enjoy collecting while others don't care about them for personal reasons. Noob players are heavily influenced by who wins a war and gets prizes, all they need to hear is prizes regardless of what it may be and then pro players who have been around awhile are influenced by the achievements and such. Be it, most are established in their factions but things happen and factions disappear quite often, where might those players look to go after they see Exiles obtaining everything this war?

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 7/20/2012 12:35:43 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
7/20/2012 12:32:48   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@lord nub
Just go with the war. The prizes for winning hardly do anything. :)

Edit to respond to your post: You might be right on this one. But you have to remember that legion won the last war, making all the nubs switch to Legion, but the problem with this one is that the winners are getting achievments. Which not only causes the nubs to want to switch, but the pro's too.

Very understandable. Forget what I said up there.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 7/20/2012 12:42:44 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 117
7/20/2012 12:51:01   
Goony
Constructive!

@Lord Nub, After Legion dominated Frysteland and soundly defeated Exile on the 1st door I actually thought Legion had quite an advantage in player numbers and that this war was a foregone conclussion. The sides are locked, so what happenned?

I think it boils down to the players and not the devs responsibility to inspire and coordinate the war effort. I have played war games for years and it is not fun when one side dominates and it becomes boring! What I have seen happen in other games is that the players need to work out the balance for wars.

If you remember the early stages of Epic Duel then you will recall that the old war donut heavily favored the Legion side in terms of influence. Exile made a comeback, How? This was achieved by some players changing sides and working hard to develop some strong Exile factions. I won't name names, but even thou I have been Exile for some time now I would certainly change alignments to have an exciting game to play.

What I am trying to say is don't put the onus on the developers to control the game! Let them develop the mechanisms/features that the players use to play the game and hopefully the players will care as much as them and work out some scenarios that help create alignment balance and some fun wars in the future!

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 118
7/20/2012 13:06:43   
JariTheMighty

quote:

This was achieved by some players changing sides and working hard to develop some strong Exile factions.

I'm sorry but I think nobody would change from the side that receives the rewards to the side that does not. Belonging to an alignment didn't mean much back in the old days, but today things are very different.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 119
7/20/2012 13:11:11   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

A question about the bikes...

Are we gonna have to open up the vault? Or do we buy it from someone else?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 120
7/20/2012 13:13:40   
shadesofblue

^A NPC behind the current Vault will have it along with the new Auxes.

EDIT: Spelling correction

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 7/20/2012 13:14:02 >
AQW  Post #: 121
7/20/2012 13:14:13   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Dang it. This is gonna take forever then...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 122
7/20/2012 13:23:37   
Goony
Constructive!

Sorry to labour on a point here, but it is the same! Sure the game has changed in the dynamics, but it is still a war game and wars can be influenced many ways. What you are saying Jari is that the rewards for winning are wrong, yet Lord Nub is also saying that the Frystland war was wrong because there was no reward. The devs can't win, but in my opinion it is better to reward the winners and that the player base needs to take some responsibility rather than just lay the blame on the developers for implementing suggestions that came out of the last war.
Epic  Post #: 123
7/20/2012 13:37:58   
Guppy

I hope the Bike and Aux's aren't to much to afford all-together, because I want them both. I'm guessing it'll be 28,000 Varium and 1,990 Varium for both Varium Auxiliaries and 30,000 Credits. I only have 18k Credits right now. :\

quote:

I just hope that the auxes on the bottom are credit only.

The Mecha Disintegrator and Mecha Launcher are the Non-Varium ones,

and Super Mecha Destroyer and Super Mecha Launcher are the Varium ones.

< Message edited by Guppy -- 7/20/2012 13:42:24 >
Post #: 124
7/20/2012 13:45:29   
ansh0

quote:

The Mecha Disintegrator and Mecha Launcher are the Non-Varium ones,

and Super Mecha Destroyer and Super Mecha Launcher are the Varium ones.

Does not clear anything.
Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= July 17th Design Notes - Break on Through to the Other Side
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition