Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Bludgeon Higher Energy Cost?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Bludgeon Higher Energy Cost?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/20/2012 1:31:22   
Kd

does anyone else think that bludgeon should have a higher energy cost? At least for bloodmages this is. reasoning: for mercenaries-at level 1 double strike does 23% more damage and has an energy cost of 15, while for bloodmages- at level 1 bludgeon does 28% more damage and only costs 10 energy. this leads to (as im sure we all know), bloodmages with maxed fireball for 33 energy and level 3-6 bludgeon with little requirement for energy at all, and thusly less stat point requirement to put into energy so they can spam it on health or strength. thoughts?
Epic  Post #: 1
7/20/2012 1:55:54   
Rayman
Banned

Bludgeon Is Physical Only, while double strike can be energy or physical, depending on the weapon.
But yes Bludgeon, need higger energy cost but not too much.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 7/20/2012 1:56:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/20/2012 2:08:38   
Kd

^true hadn't considered that. but even so, i think everyone can agree that it should have a higher energy cost. However, unless that cost is significantly higher it wont make much of an impact at all on the strength blood mage class.
Epic  Post #: 3
7/20/2012 2:49:04   
Magiskee

So what, are you asking for it to have a +20 energy cost? o.O

< Message edited by Magiskee -- 7/20/2012 2:51:27 >
Post #: 4
7/20/2012 11:55:35   
codenamespartan117

at maxed its 55% which is about 22 energy at 28 energy its very low energy cost for high amount of damage since ur htting with your regular strength and wep ampliied twice, it come at cheaper energy cost for much more damage, so i support that the raise energy cost to that of theire bolt, ts about the same damage or even higher at times
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/20/2012 14:42:19   
Kd

im saying that when you have a plasma bolt that will do 40-55 damage for 33 energy when maxed and then a bludgeon that will do 35-45 damage for about 16 energy at level 4! there's an issue. i think the bludgeon should cost more energy or should be nerfed. even if it is restricted to only physical damage.
Epic  Post #: 6
7/20/2012 15:12:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Funny, same cost as PB. Despite being Tier 2 skill *cough* more power *cough* and being blockable, you want it on same cost? Does that mean PB should get a major raise on EP cost as well as Fireball? It may be strong but blockable. By that, Berzerker needs also much higher cost since it follows type of your weapon, is blockable and deals more damage which makes it much more flexible at slightly higher EP cost - yet another reason why nerfing Mercs is good since they are soooooo OP. :D (sarcasm)
Dex gives Defence and blocking. Isn't that great? It's perfect counter to Bludgeon and you're likely to train it due to your skills or fact you need Defence. DS follows your weapon yet no one says it's OP + it's Tier 1! And CheapShot - ignores defence, 25% chance to crit! Remember ignoring defence = higher damage so just like Bludgeon and DS. -.-
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
7/20/2012 15:24:55   
helloguy

oh yes like we could block there bludgeon with more than twice there dexterity end sarcasm

with this game number mean nothing
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/20/2012 16:44:51   
suboto

Double srike cost 15 while blud cost way less and has more dmg increase double strike dmg and raise cost of blud
Epic  Post #: 9
7/20/2012 18:10:31   
Ranloth
Banned

DS is Tier 1 hence lower power compared to Tier 2 and isn't fixed type like Bludgeon which also makes difference. There's logic behind Tiering, which means power. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
7/20/2012 18:46:02   
Kd

^ and what is your class?
Epic  Post #: 11
7/20/2012 18:51:45   
suboto

ok then why does blud not have a 1turn or 2turn warm up?
Epic  Post #: 12
7/20/2012 18:54:47   
Ranloth
Banned

Difference between DS and Bludgeon is 5%, but it also costs 5 EP less (Bludgeon) which seems fair for Tier 2 skill + locked to Physical unlike DS which is Tier 1 and not locked to any type.

What does warm-up have to do with anything? DS doesn't have it. Your point? Checking facts is crucial if you wanna get your point across.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/20/2012 18:58:08   
suboto

WAit for blood mage blud is tier 3 so it should have a warm up its on the 3rd row of the skills.
Epic  Post #: 14
7/20/2012 19:49:50   
Kd

Trans: the point of this is not to compare DS and Bludgeon like you are doing right now. the point is that bludgeon is far too effective for far too few skill points for far too little energy. Another reason is that the fact that bludgeon IS physical damage. this allows you to have an energy weapon that does 25-29+35, a physical gun that does 25-29+35, a bolt that does 70 physical damage, and another skill that does at least 28% extra damage that is physical damage even if the user has an energy weapon.
Epic  Post #: 15
7/20/2012 19:59:02   
Ranloth
Banned

Well good for you to notice but I was comparing the power. You completely missed out all the points I've made regarding Bludgeon and DS which do tie into it together, as well as the tiering. 70 Physical damage? DS isn't that far behind yet isn't locked to Physical and is tier below which explains higher EP cost.

Also Tier 3 Bludgeon and warm-up cost? Sure do, but give it more power to compensate for it. That's the trade-off.
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
7/20/2012 20:09:52   
Kd

70 physical damage=bolt and cannot be blocked and DS can be. also ive seen bloodmages that have fb at 85 damage. in what world does DS fully upgraded (doing 50% more damage) do 85? Also as i said DS can be blocked and furthermore doesnt return HP like bloodlust for a blood mage does. As earlier stated it is an advantage to have skills "locked into" physical because it allows for having an energy primary. when was the last time you saw a bloodmage with a physical primary? there's a reason for that, and its that if someone has high defense they can save their energy and just use their primary to strike.
Epic  Post #: 17
7/20/2012 20:41:15   
Ranloth
Banned

But Bludgeon can be blocked... .______.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
7/20/2012 21:11:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

There are some major things to consider about the balance of a skill.
1. You cannot really compare it to another skill of a different type(stun vs Multi)
2. Tiering plays some role in its power.
3. Cooldowns/warmups
4. Energy cost
5. Damage type
6. Blockable

Now let's run down the list for Bludgeon
1. Comparable to Double Strike (melee vs melee) Definitely not comparable to either PB or FB due to the fact that both are damage range spells and unblockable.
2. Bludgeon is a higher tier and does get some boost to it
3. Bludgeon cooldown is 2 and DS is 1. Neither have warmup
4. DS costs more
5. Bludgeon is locked to only one type. Some may consider this an advantage but this means that no matter what, this skill will be less effective against a shield of that type. This means a BM with Bludgeon will always lose damage against a Physical shield whereas a Merc might not be affected by it at all.
6. Both are blockable

So really the only thing Bludgeon has over DS is more damage for less cost. 5% is ridiculous to complain over. You'll be seeing an extra 5 damage from Bludgeon for every 100 weapon damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/20/2012 21:22:01   
Kd

^ yes, but i was only using double strike as an example. im not comparing the two, im saying that bludgeon does too much damage for too little skill points and energy in strength blood mage builds.
Epic  Post #: 20
7/20/2012 22:23:21   
suboto

Ok for tlm stun grenade replaced with maul and blood shield replaced with techican beause blood shield is useless
Epic  Post #: 21
7/20/2012 23:39:02   
Kd

^ i wish. but i do not see it happening. either way this is completely off topic and belongs in a new forum post :/
Epic  Post #: 22
7/21/2012 2:11:50   
Scyze

I totally agree with this. I think that only Blood Mages aren't agreeing since their build is be slightly weaker.
Blood Mages with Strength are OP now. Level 8 and higher Bludgeon does more damage than Fireball. Meaning you can use Bludgeon two times.

I rarely block Bludgeon. It is actually vice-versa. My Maul or Berzerker gets blocked by someone with 18-22 Defence while I have 25-30 Defence. Since I played EpicDuel from Beta, a lot of skills got nerfed. So now, it is time for Bludgeon.

Berzerker for Blood Mages was the strongest. Now, Bludgeon is. Unbelievably, you can use this twice. The thing I blame for BM being an OP Strength build is because of Bludgeon. Instead of using 78 energy as before, now it is like 58-62. Meaning they get like 5-6 extra stat points.

Blocking chance was reduced, meaning BM were even more OP. When ever I defeat a BM, I don't consider it as normal as a CH. I consider it as luck.

< Message edited by Malicious Neos -- 7/21/2012 2:18:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/21/2012 7:18:10   
doomturtle

Bludgeon should have the same energy cost as double strike because bludgeon does more damage but double strike can be physical or energy. So the balance out if they have same energy cost

http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=doomturtle
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/21/2012 8:06:32   
Ranloth
Banned

It's a Tier 2 skill which means it can have more power. If not power then lower Energy cost. Is it that hard to read some posts before repeating same points with no arguments to back it up? Reading ND's posts will explain it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Bludgeon Higher Energy Cost?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition