Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC= 2012 Finals Arena OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC= 2012 Finals Arena OOC
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2012 0:43:09   
Apocalypse

With permission from superjars, I have given Viraus an ending post. Sad that he could not participate, but I believe he died doing what he loved: mocking beings of immeasurable strength for little-to-no reason.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
8/1/2012 18:47:27   
Ryu Viranesh

And posted. I checked with TD on how to deal with the knives beforehand.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
8/2/2012 0:21:23   
superjars

As much as I am saddened to do this, I have three players who have idled out and all three will be cut. Starstruck, .Discipline and Micosil, your characters may take their final actions.

Four remain. I am going to give you until Sunday, August 5 before another cut is made.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/2/2012 12:46:37   
Starstruck

Aww, this stinks. Though I had hoped my finale would have been a bit more...dramatic, idling out is never fun. Though I will admit that I was waiting on a certain somebody to post (who is now of course idled out as well) and really could not take an action without bunnying the golem into inaction, I realize that a thought post or a mentor's-eye-view in much the same vein as the Dreadknight's necromancer post would have averted such a circumstance.

Ah well, it is thus that Tiure's melodious round in the Elemental Championships comes to a final end.
DF MQ  Post #: 29
8/2/2012 16:49:44   
TormentedDragon

Usual permission given disclaimer and all that. And look! First blood has been drawn!

Extiiiiinguisher. Pooooooooost.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
8/2/2012 18:14:38   
The Extinguisher

Sorry, I forgot it was three days to post. >.>
Just as a reference though, I work and won't be home until after midnight EST, so please don't disqualify me because I might be up late finishing it, but I'll have it up before the morning.

POSTED! It's short, but it's better than no post I guess. Ergh, I need to pay more attention to the days. They all kind of blur together some time.

< Message edited by The Extinguisher -- 8/3/2012 0:52:45 >
Post #: 31
8/3/2012 7:58:49   
Mirai

Lummy. Sorry to see you go folks- it was a pleasure RPing with you all. Commiserations to Apoc too.

Postie up, with Dread rather changing tack in his charge on N'aschi. I'm going to be away tonight, all of Saturday, and then back late on Sunday afternoon. Again, I'm mentioning this not because it should affect my own posting, but to avoid anyone expecting a response to a PM.
AQ  Post #: 32
8/4/2012 12:29:07   
Ryu Viranesh

Posted! The customary "I had TD's permission to do what I did in my post" qualification is now present.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
8/4/2012 12:54:08   
TormentedDragon

HE TOLD YOU SO!

Also, running. Fast. Dignity? What's that?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
8/6/2012 0:41:16   
superjars

The pillar of ice lets out a ferocious roar and then takes its leave from the arena. The Extinguisher is our next cut in the EC.

And then there were three. Next cut will be on Wednesday with the Elemental Champion being declared next Sunday. We are down to the home stretch; let's make this last week memorable!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/6/2012 19:53:04   
Mirai

Postie! There is some bunnying of N'aschi which I hope Discipline will find acceptable (it is in the spirit of what we'd previously discussed, and it's quite open-ended as to what's happened to N'aschi).

Anyway, Dread is heading to the centre of the arena, and he's got a rent in the side of his armour about 7 inches long. Liquid mana is visibly bleeding out of it, which will mean spells cast in his vicinity will become unexpectedly more powerful.
AQ  Post #: 36
8/6/2012 20:32:47   
The Extinguisher

Well this was fun. Good luck to everyone left. I'll probably put up an ending post sometime tomorrow.
Post #: 37
8/6/2012 20:47:40   
Ryu Viranesh

Posted! <Insert General Permission Statement Here>. Also, thanks for the luck, Extinguisher!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
8/6/2012 20:48:16   
TormentedDragon

So instead of your typical collaboration post Ryu and I decided to write our posts side by side from each character's point of view. I kind of like this system and would be interested in doing it more.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
8/8/2012 17:47:48   
Mirai

Thanks for the best wishes Extinguisher- nice RPing with you.

Postie up- Dread is saluting, calling out greetings... and generally everything you wouldn't expect of a Darkness Champion.
AQ  Post #: 40
8/9/2012 0:40:10   
superjars

Well, it was a tough choice and I'm going down to the wire here, but the decision is made. The pillar of Fire, embodiment of the Lord himself, puffs out in a blaze of effervescent glory, leaving only Earth and Darkness remaining.

And then there were two.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/9/2012 0:51:54   
Ryu Viranesh

I had a feeling that this might be coming, but eh, I'm happy with my performance this year and I couldn't ask for more than that. Good luck to both of you TD and Mirai, and I'll have an exit post up tomorrow/later today.

Edit: Exit post up!

< Message edited by Ryu Viranesh -- 8/9/2012 14:41:19 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
8/10/2012 16:02:48   
.Discipline

I'm sad to go out that way, but I guess I saw it coming and it couldn't be helped. Thanks to everyone for an amazing EC and I'll be writing up the conclusion to N'aschi's competition within the next few days (RL permitting)

I'm not sure who I'm backing out of Mirai and TD. Both amazing and dedicated RPers, I will be watching closely.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
8/11/2012 7:03:12   
Starstruck

Exit post is up, and it's been delayed for far too long, sorry. I had to come up with a reason Tiure was in the arena for longer than he was supposed to be, but I think this one is foolproof.

Sorry TD, but all my approval goes to the Dreadknight! Go Mirai!
DF MQ  Post #: 44
8/14/2012 16:11:58   
Mirai

Aw, thanks guys.
AQ  Post #: 45
8/14/2012 19:32:14   
.Discipline

Is it alright if I let it remain a mystery as to what actually happened to N'aschi? I like the idea of him just disappearing and nobody knowing what the hell happened.

He could be alive or dead... or anything in between. All that is certain is that he's no longer in the competition or the arena.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
8/21/2012 11:10:54   
Starstruck

I cried.
DF MQ  Post #: 47
8/21/2012 11:41:53   
superjars

Upon TormentedDragon and Mirai's request, I gave them a little more time to finish this last masterpiece of a post and I was not disappointed. I just reread the last 15 posts of the combat and then this last one to finish it off.

Both of your characters are amazing and they've put on a fantastic show. I've vacillated back and forth in each post, watching these characters evolve and grow and blast each other into oblivion.

For Wintin, I am sad that he didn't have any competition for the pre-lims, because you've really grown him and pulled out all the stops on his combat in the Finals.

For Dreadnight, you've taken a character that seemed pretty one-dimensional and turned it into a rather complex and interesting character.

You have both made it very hard to decide who should come out victorious and I'd as much just like to call a tie as make that decision.

However, the decision must be made and it has:

The Earthen and Darkness pillars both disappear as the combat comes to an end. High above the arena, the pillar of the Earth Lord reappears, signalling to the crowd and all participants that the Earth's Chosen has claimed the Championship and his lords' boon.

Congratulations to Wintin and TormentedDragon, for a hard-fought victory in the 2012 Elemental Championships!
Congratulations to Dreadnight and Mirai, for an amazing showing and an extremely close runner-up this year!

Feel free to follow-up with your characters last moments and anyone who would like to add their characters closing scenes of the tournament may. Thanks for a great EC this year and we hope to see you all back next year for the next Elemental Championships!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/24/2012 20:11:21   
Mirai

Thanks Superjars- both for the very kind words and for directing a terrific EC. I feel really very proud to have been involved in it- many thanks.

I've said this already via PM, but also thanks and congrats to TD- you're a very worthy winner, and it's been a pleasure doing battle with thee!

Thanks also to everyone involved in this year's EC- there were a huge number of personal highlights for me including reading the swirling battle in fountain arena (and being pushed all the way by Geddesmck's writing), Dreadnight fighting with almost everyone in the cellar arena before coming up against the one opponent who was bigger than him in 0-65, taking part in a 3 way battle with the Golem and Ryu, Na'aschi repeatedly trying to use Dread's own weaponry against him, 0-65 blowing up (twice), Tiure revealing that Kalen was still alive, Dread's final epic battle with Wintin... and that barely scratches the surface. Without everyone's involvement the EC would have been a very dull affair, rather than its explosion of life, creativity and action.

Cheers all.
AQ  Post #: 49
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC= 2012 Finals Arena OOC
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition