Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Stop abuse of in game reports.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stop abuse of in game reports.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/22/2012 20:14:10   
Lord Loss...

well basically this is a suggestion to remove all in game reporting. I think the only way the players should be punished is if screen shots of rule violations are sent to lawman through forums, and this is why. People abuse this feature and use it for their own personal agendas. It was meant to stop players from cussing and using inappropriate language when mods weren't there, instead people use it on whoever they dislike, even if no rules are broken or even worse sometimes to win daily champion achievements. For example my friend once went for a daily fame achievement and the guy in 2nd place asked all his friends to go to oz world 7 and chatlock her to make sure she couldn't ask for fames. in other cases people are chatlocked for an hour and sometimes longer for not doing anything wrong including myself. I was at my house with 2 of my close friends, and these people who I don't even know jumped and started talking in Arabic. then I went afk for 2 minutes and when I came back I was chat locked, and it's all because one of their friends was upset with me over something. Again not a valid reason for a chatlock. This feature should be removed and every report should go through lawman. or at least before the chatlock is administered a mod should oversee it, to make sure that it's fair.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/22/2012 20:25:09   
Ranloth
Banned

And if players don't want to create an account on forum for a mere report? And how would players know where to post on Forum and PM others? Most are kids so you can't expect much from them. Besides, chatlock seems to be fair since it's your fault for letting your friends do what they did with your character, nothing to get mad about and blaming whole system for being poor.
Most reports are ignored if they are fake (in-game), such as going rage quit over mere crap like "hacking" when you block and such. They are checked in database if they are serious by all of the Mods so it's not an issue for them.

quote:

For example my friend once went for a daily fame achievement and the guy in 2nd place asked all his friends to go to oz world 7 and chatlock her to make sure she couldn't ask for fames.

Love it! Beggars are being done for. \o/ Also it's called spam which when repeated is simply flooding which probably causes chat lock. Spamming works in same way in AQW too and gives you chatlock, or at least used to when I was playing a year ago.

Lastly, game is English-based so god knows what was written in Arabic, perhaps something that is censored or something? Some words from foreign languages are banned that are swear words. :3
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
7/22/2012 20:27:21   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

1. The in-game reporting tool is to be used for minor offenses that are worthy of chat locks. The Mods don't want to get reports constantly because someone said a swear word or called them a noob.
2. Not everyone is aware of how to take a screenshot or how to give it to a mod to deal with.
3. Abuse of the reporting system is a bannable offense I believe so if you got proof of it then PM The Lawman.
4. There is no way they are going to remove a tool that is used to help deal with minor offenses just because people occasionally abuse it because that would just encourage more rule breaking and make things a lot harder for the mods.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/22/2012 20:39:33   
Lord Loss...

Trans when a player gets reported 5 times for inappropriate language, he gets chat locked for an hour. why should somebody be chatlocked if they did not deserve it. and if you really say it's not that big a deal, then since I Don't like what you posted you wont mind if I gather my friends and report you evrytime I see you to chatlock you?

quote:

Love it! Beggars are being done for. \o/ Also it's called spam which when repeated is simply flooding which probably causes chat lock. Spamming works in same way in AQW too and gives you chatlock, or at least used to when I was playing a year ago.

First of all. you do not get free fame without asking for them, unless you are really famous like comical or a mod or a dev, and it's not spaming when you ask for fame in a conversation with other players, spaming is different, and also what do you think the guy that chatlocked her did, not ask fames and waited for other people to fame him out of nowhere? not to mention he probably begged his friends to send reports. I agree I don't have the perfect solution but this is a problem, there is no doubt about it

@ND
quote:

3. Abuse of the reporting system is a bannable offense I believe so if you got proof of it then PM The Lawman.
4. There is no way they are going to remove a tool that is used to help deal with minor offenses just because people occasionally abuse it because that would just encourage more rule breaking and make things a lot harder for the mods.

how exactly can you prove fake reports, when you dont know who reported you, why they reported you or even when. maybe warning should be sent when you are being reported at first. I don't know how to prove that somebody reported me when I am not sure who did it, how many times and when.
Also regarding your fourth statement, these situations are not occasional, I used my own experiences as examples, but trust me when I tell you alot of people are abusing it this way, and if you don't believe me you can ask the in game mods who get complaints of such unfair reports on a daily basis. I bet that makes their jobs hard too.

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 7/22/2012 20:57:53 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/22/2012 20:55:35   
Ranloth
Banned

You prove fake reports by Mods checking the submitted info and database info. If it is fake then nothing is done.

Also feel free to do it, I don't play as much or speak to people so I am cool. Won't be me banned for fake reports but I'm fine. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
7/22/2012 21:00:37   
Lord Loss...

^ what I said was not a threat, it was hypothetical. and yea, most players dont know how to make forum accs screenshot or report or even where to report, but they can contact moderators and ask them to check databases, which I am sure is far more time consuming.

And in case you didn't get it, that was sarcasm :3

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 7/22/2012 21:01:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/22/2012 21:07:33   
Ranloth
Banned

No, you got it wrong so re read my post please. MODS check database for reports in-game to see of they are real or fake. Don't twist my words please. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
7/22/2012 21:15:40   
Lord Loss...

yea i am not sure what game you are talking about, but i mean ed. and no mods do not check every report Filed in game without being asked to. again i am talking aboUt ed.

< Message edited by Lord Loss... -- 7/22/2012 21:17:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/22/2012 21:20:17   
Ranloth
Banned

All Mods have access to Lawman account in-game and some have access to it on Forum. I am talking about ED too, it is ED Suggestions after all? :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
7/22/2012 21:30:58   
button33

This report system is abused like you said... They really need to revise it. And yes, it is true that you get chat locked if 10 people report you, so this is very abusable.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/22/2012 21:37:16   
Ranloth
Banned

It's your thread so you're supposed to suggest. We players give feedback. All I did was state some facts but since it's negative, or appears so, it looks like trolling.
I said Mods have access. I nowhere mentioned that they must or anything so it's more like putting words in my mouth. Taking out whole system is bad, I stated my reasons and gave some facts in other posts since the info was shared with players about how Lawman works, some time ago.

Have a good day, ma'am.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
7/22/2012 21:39:38   
doomturtle

How do you take a screenshot? I haven't seen any serious rules broken but I would like to know in case I ever do.

http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=doomturtle
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/23/2012 5:41:49   
Drianx

@ND: you cannot give proof that you have been reported for false reasons because you don't know if/when/by whom have you been reported.

I support this thread but only when you are ganged by a bunch of people.

I suggest the implementation of a system message that tells you 'you have been reported by drianx for innapropriate language'. This way you can give a proof of a false report.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/23/2012 10:13:28   
Smackie El Frog

I agree this is an issue. When I go on my alt I always get people telling others to report me for hacking and a chat lock quickly ensues. This is definitely abused in-game and I agree with Lord Loss. When you are going for fame daily and you get chat locked it can be very overwhelming.

I'm not sure how often these in game reports are checked, but from my point of view and reading some posts of this thread it does more harm than good. So yes I believe this need to be rectified.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/23/2012 10:27:29   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@drian The problem with allowing you to see who reports you is that it will cause further misbehavior. For example, Player A is cursing and Player B reports him. Now Player A sees that Player B has reported and just goes full out flame on Player B because A is now upset at B for reporting him.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
7/23/2012 10:40:06   
Commander X

Should this be in suggestions??

Anyway, I thought you said they check the databases but why do people still get chatlocked if many people report him on the spot even if he did not do something wrong?
Post #: 16
7/23/2012 10:49:34   
Drianx

@ND: ok, then you should get the system message that says 'you have been reported by Player 18747263 for inappropriate language', where the number is that player's database ID code.

You don't know who does the code belong to, but a mod can retrieve the player that abused reporting in the database.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 7/23/2012 10:50:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/23/2012 12:44:35   
Lord Loss...

^ Commander I was told to put this thread in the suggestions.

and no they don't check database for reports unless players ask them to.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/23/2012 17:31:14   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@drianx That will just prevent the player from getting mad at a certain player and instead causes him to get upset at everyone in the room/battle. I've seen it happen plenty of times when someone is swearing in a room with a mod in it and the mod gives them a warning for their language. Telling the player they're being reported will usually just cause more issues regardless of how you do it. Very seldom have I ever told a player they were reported without them immediately misbehaving even worse. Eventually I got the point and just stopped telling them since it seemed pointless to.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/23/2012 18:29:01   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Locking this up, since there is no chance the in-game reporting system will be removed. The in-game reporting is in for a reason, most have already have been stated, there are very few cases of abuse of the system, and if you can't prove that they abused it, how do you know they have? It's easy to assume that just because someone doesn't like you, or something, and you get Chat Locked, that it's suddenly them who have instituted that.

One thing I will say is that there are a few ideas that we are discussing to make the reporting system much better for both us, and you. Since nothing has been fully looked into yet, and no time frame can be given, I cannot disclose any further information on this yet. However, rest assured, we are looking into how the system could be upgraded.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/26/2012 19:57:41   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Hi everyone, I'd just like to add something about reporting and elaborate a little bit about how we eventually want things to work.

I've discussed with RabbleFroth a lot over the past couple of weeks about improving the way in-game reporting, and how us Moderators can work in-game. We've definitely talked about an in-game reporting style like AQWorlds, and it's something we would really like to have in-game and eventually move away from the forums. That being said though, right now the main priority of the developers is the war and aftermath, and eventually improving components of the game that need to be improved. A system like AQWorlds reporting takes a minimum of a weeks worth of work from a full team effort to create and run smoothly.

Concerns are very much noted, and eventually the goal is to make it better for the user. However, once again, this may take a while and there is no set release.
~Practel

< Message edited by Practel -- 7/26/2012 19:58:58 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stop abuse of in game reports.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition