Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2012 16:50:01   
.R.M.

Well, maybe this year is the year that WB won't win. I'd like to see this magic crystal ball that can tell the future. You seem to have one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
7/26/2012 17:02:37   
Gamemastersam

Watch us win. weve done it 4 times we can do it again. the staff have done advantages for MR and RH and it didnt work. Like i said before, the only thing RH can do to win is work harder or hack. And if they want to SMASH WB they need to play day and night. Im just sharing what i am sure will happen. your entitled to your own opinion.
DF MQ  Post #: 52
7/26/2012 17:07:40   
Lord Coake

@gamemastersam your problem is, your basing your side of the discussion off of your biased opinion, where everyone else is using unbiased facts. I suggest you join everyone else and use the unbiased facts.
AQW  Post #: 53
7/26/2012 17:13:35   
Gamemastersam

@^
im using the fact that WB has won 4/4 times now. if its a problem to believe that WB has won that much and most likely will win again than i guess i have a problem. Just because the staff are trying a new advantage does not at all ensure the victory for another house. I dont know how much i have to say this, but they have tried advantages before and it failed. Mabye YOU should relize that there are just too much WB.
DF MQ  Post #: 54
7/26/2012 17:19:31   
ScytheOfShadows

I don't know about you, but I'm just gonna be pumping in waves when they come... and hopefully find an incentive for fighting... I already maxed out my Valor Badges so I can't get anymore unless I was forced to spend some of it.

I would be glad to wreck havoc on WB and MR to get them back up.

It matters not who win though. Of course, it would be good to see a change, but it's not like WB will get free mecha buffs or OP weapons if they do... There are more important priorities when it comes to the GGs.

Like buffing the Corrupted HMs.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
7/26/2012 17:21:17   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

Actually, they fixed the system.

Don't underestimate the other houses, Runehawk has a chance too, don't forget Mystraven.
You can't just say WB will win simply because they always do, WB can't hide behind their broken war meter anymore.

@zccheng97

*Starts collecting Valor Badges from War on Westion*
Now tell me, are the Corrupted House Mechas worth the NGs?

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 17:26:12 >
MQ  Post #: 56
7/26/2012 17:28:29   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

For crying out loud, this thread was about balancing the Gears Games, not predicting who will win. It's important the GEARS Games are fair and fun.

You cannot outright ASSUME that Wolfblade is going to win. You just cannot do that.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
7/26/2012 17:31:26   
Gamemastersam

@hoggs bison
1. it was never broken. sheer numbers just rendered it unfair. so the staff changed it in the RH and MRs favor. The changed then failed miserably. so now everyone thinks that this will be the magical year when
WB doesnt win.
2. RH and MR have a chance. its just not really big.
3. if WB loses, i will take back everything i say. But we wont lose and ill be the only one right out of 20 people who are all against the WB. You can laugh and say WB sucks and will lose now, but youll get your wings clipped in the games.

@Thief
its not an assumption. its a combination of an educated guess (educated from the past 5 years) and very low expectations for the MQ teams attempt at balance. Not even all the RH forumites (that are seen as the best MQ players) can ensure a RH win. even players like PD with his near flawless inventory cant dent the WB win streak.

< Message edited by Gamemastersam -- 7/26/2012 17:36:26 >
DF MQ  Post #: 58
7/26/2012 17:40:11   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

Assumptions aren't always accurate, judging by your persistent assumptions that Wolfblade will win, you really want Wolfblade to win.
The other houses have as much of a chance to win as WB, I can guarantee you that this year will be different.

And it IS an assumption, you assume that WB will always win, and you underestimate the team, also you just can't say WB will win simply because they win every year.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 17:48:56 >
MQ  Post #: 59
7/26/2012 17:50:26   
dffan3457990

biased or nor sam is probly rite. wb has never com close to losin and even if teh ggs are balancd now (an lets face the staff havnt done a very good job ov that in teh past 4 years) a pretty big % of rh an mr will probly sit out the games anyway since they figure they cant win aftr losin 4 years in a row. i hope wb loses but i not bettin on it.
Post #: 60
7/26/2012 18:07:13   
Zanzibaarus

No point in participating in something that isn't fun due to the fact that it's tipped to the winning teams favor.

Personally the ONLY thing the GEARS Games is good for is the optional questline. It should've been scrapped to prevent biased opinions from showing up in the Forums.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
7/26/2012 18:12:48   
Gamemastersam

@Hoggs Bison
quote:

Assumptions aren't always accurate, judging by your persistent assumptions that Wolfblade will win, you really want Wolfblade to win.
The other houses have as much of a chance to win as WB, I can guarantee you that this year will be different.

And it IS an assumption, you assume that WB will always win, and you underestimate the team, also you just can't say WB will win simply because they win every year.

Bold:
1. I beg to differ. if all houses have an equal amount of winninng chance than the trophy wouldnt be sitting in WBs house every year.
2. Believe it or not i would actually welcome another house winning. if each house won equally, then mabye there would be a reward for winning. but as ive said twice before, RH and MR get thier wings clipped EVERY year. i really cant understand why you guys think that this year will be ANY different from the rest.

Slanted:
Yes, i can say WB will win be cause they always win. what will change this year?????? what can possibly be done to help the unpopular RH and MR against the widly popular WB?????? Give me 1 reason that this GG will be different besides the fact that the staff say it will be.
DF MQ  Post #: 62
7/26/2012 18:26:06   
Hoggs Bison

@Gamemastersam

Why do ALL of your posts sound as biased as possible? Wolfblade is only popular to people who don't interact in the forums, they don't know how lackluster Wolfblade actually is.
Runehawk and Mystraven CAN win if they try, Runehawk is just as popular as Wolfblade, you can't always disagree just because nothing has changed, something WILL change, and the other houses deserve to win more than Wolfblade, the reason it will be different because the staff is actually trying to fix up the meters so other houses have a better chance at winning.

And winning isn't based on popularity, that makes your post even more biased. I assume you like Wolfblade because it has higher HP and damage than the other house mechas, offense won't always win. There will be a point when players realize that Wolfblade isn't as good as it seems.

< Message edited by Hoggs Bison -- 7/26/2012 18:32:12 >
MQ  Post #: 63
7/26/2012 18:43:18   
Gamemastersam

quote:

Why do ALL of your posts sound as biased as possible? Wolfblade is only popular to people who don't interact in the forums, they don't know how lackluster Wolfblade actually is.
Runehawk and Mystraven CAN win if they try, Runehawk is just as popular as Wolfblade, you can't always disagree just because nothing has changed, something WILL change, and the other houses deserve to win more than Wolfblade, the reason it will be different because the staff is actually trying to fix up the meters so other houses have a better chance at winning.

And winning isn't based on popularity, that makes your post even more biased.

1. The forums are a very small part of the mq community.
2. you dont have to be part of the forums to know how good a mecha is you know.
3. if WB was lackluster people would betray as much as possible. and the WB would always lose. But apparently, the community decided that RH and MR are more "lackluster"
4. RH and MR try every year and lose every year
5. Runhawk is no where near as popular as WB. Just because most forumites are RH does not make RH any more popular
6. WB deserves the win just as much as all the other houses. especially with all the stuff you RH talk about it up untill your smashed at the GG AGAIN
7. if wolfblade is only popular to those outside the forums you should take a look at our roster by clicking on my sig
8. people like WB WAY more than RH. and they dont have to be on the forums to exist.

DF MQ  Post #: 64
7/26/2012 18:44:06   
Glais

Which, considering we have about thirty at best active MQ forumers who know WB is lackluster, while the 500 on average non forumers have the majority that think it's awesome...yeah, not gonna work.

WolfBlade probably will win without some heavy changes, as their Gears Game Mech (still a horrible idea imo, as compared to us using our own Mech like the first GG) is geared for quick kills and they have the most members.
DF MQ  Post #: 65
7/26/2012 18:44:28   
ScytheOfShadows

Hello, priority check, people.

- Buffing MR rewards/new buffed up reward weapons for all.(not asking for too powerful stuff, but something that fits Valor Badge weapons since I haven't seen one shop since... last GGs)

- Buffing Corrupted HMs is also important... more so for the CMR, followed by the CRH.

To summarise, WB may always win in the GGs. But in the end, which House(s) HM's defeated the Simu-Castle and Lord Piotr? Each House has its own merits, but WB's only merit is just to win in the GGs and brag about it. The balancing has been done - so we shall wait...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 66
7/26/2012 18:52:14   
Gamemastersam

@Hoggs
Also, its funny how forumites hate WB yet almost all active forumites are RH. of course you guys are gonna hate on WB. Your all RH.
so saying that everyone off the forums dont know how lackluster WB is just your BIASED opinion. the rest of the community is probably saying RH is lackluster.
DF MQ  Post #: 67
7/26/2012 18:52:37   
caseybp

Um I'm wolfblade and I beat all game challanges. Other than hitting the lv cap. That I find sorta pointless to do. Unless your talking about doing thows challanges with the WB mech than no I don't think that's possible.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
7/26/2012 19:04:21   
stealthwings
Helpful

Most of the so-called "challenges" are easy with any mecha through use of various weapons. I beat Piotr with the steve, I am sure anyone could beat him with the AWB. However, using only house gear, RH is the only house which can beat lord Piotr, being able to do so with only the ARH and the RH Cloverblade. In addition, the ARH helps greatly against simu-castle, which has not been made easy by power inflation yet.

Just wondering, has anyone beaten the simu-castle with a build which would work on any mecha? I've only heard of the ARH, the eagle, and the imbiber beating it.
DF MQ  Post #: 69
7/26/2012 19:33:19   
Thiefboy109
Legendary AK!!!

@gamemastersam
Not everyone is Runehawk. Selutu is Mystraven for example. I was Wolfblade until I joined the forums. And that was for quite a while. I've seen WolfBlade win GG after GG, and I'm tired of it. It's fallen from an actually competition to Wolfblade winning because of their mech's advantages over the other, primarily being that the Wolfblade Mech is a DAMAGE mech. That's exactly what's good for a war, not a Tank like RH or a nerfer like MR. It's really becoming nothing more than a popularity contest that Wolfblade always wins because of their house's image as warriors.

Maybe that's just how I feel. Maybe others feel the same. I'm just saying my thoughts.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
7/26/2012 19:43:25   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

Yeah, WB is kinda bad. And by kinda, I mean really. The mech is completely outclassed in everything it does and it doesn't really have a useful niche. Only reason it's any good is because of GG forcing you into house mechs. This is coming from someone who's been a WB since the inception of houses, the very first day they were released. Joined WB on my old main, joined WB on my new main (since my old main was completely crippled due to me being stupid). I'm not planning on changing from WB either (except to pick up the Mana Piercers, those things look sweet - unless they're only useful when in RH), but I'd like to to be an actual competition rather than the complete curbstomping that's happened before. It's no fun when it's 7000-0. It's a lot of fun when it comes down to the wire, 500-495 or something like that.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 71
7/26/2012 19:48:46   
forumlogin

Honestly, I think WB will still win due to the sheer force of will Gamemastersan's showing right now. :P
The kind that defies all odds and opinions.

I don't care either way, I've got 3 chars in each house, but seriously--stop worrying about it until the Games come around.
They haven't even arrived yet. XD
DF MQ  Post #: 72
7/26/2012 20:05:57   
Selutu
Constructive

@Gamemastersam
As fine a house as Runhawk is, I'll always stick with Mystraven. So please don't assume that everyone is in Runehawk. Also Einhander and a few other forum-members alongside you are WB as well. To be perfectly honest with you, the active ones on the MQ forums that are in MR is pretty much just me, not including the staff. Including the staff that posts quite a bit, its only Mae.

@Teh Cataclysmic One
You can only use them if you're currently in RH.

quote:

@hoggs bison
1. it was never broken. sheer numbers just rendered it unfair. so the staff changed it in the RH and MRs favor. The changed then failed miserably. so now everyone thinks that this will be the magical year when
WB doesnt win.
2. RH and MR have a chance. its just not really big.
3. if WB loses, i will take back everything i say. But we wont lose and ill be the only one right out of 20 people who are all against the WB. You can laugh and say WB sucks and will lose now, but youll get your wings clipped in the games.

1) It was a bad way to compete between the houses in a war as RH is too much of a tanking house.
2) It's more opinion-based, I'm not going to dwell on that.
3) As I said before, you aren't the only WB in the forums.

quote:

WolfBlade probably will win without some heavy changes, as their Gears Game Mech (still a horrible idea imo, as compared to us using our own Mech like the first GG) is geared for quick kills and they have the most members.

I'm actually hoping the staff will find another way to compete instead of a war.

quote:

Um I'm wolfblade and I beat all game challanges. Other than hitting the lv cap. That I find sorta pointless to do. Unless your talking about doing thows challanges with the WB mech than no I don't think that's possible.

We're talking about in the HM.

quote:

Most of the so-called "challenges" are easy with any mecha through use of various weapons. I beat Piotr with the steve, I am sure anyone could beat him with the AWB. However, using only house gear, RH is the only house which can beat lord Piotr, being able to do so with only the ARH and the RH Cloverblade. In addition, the ARH helps greatly against simu-castle, which has not been made easy by power inflation yet.

I did say that using what they are specialized in (i.e. RH - EP Draining, WB - Damage, MR - Nerfing).

quote:

Also, its funny how forumites hate WB yet almost all active forumites are RH. of course you guys are gonna hate on WB. Your all RH.
so saying that everyone off the forums dont know how lackluster WB is just your BIASED opinion. the rest of the community is probably saying RH is lackluster.

We're basing that on the fact that WB is almost out-done in every single way by a non-rare mecha, while RH and MR is not. Also that would be because most people like high numbers instead of low numbers.

quote:

Hello, priority check, people.

- Buffing MR rewards/new buffed up reward weapons for all.(not asking for too powerful stuff, but something that fits Valor Badge weapons since I haven't seen one shop since... last GGs)

- Buffing Corrupted HMs is also important... more so for the CMR, followed by the CRH.

To summarise, WB may always win in the GGs. But in the end, which House(s) HM's defeated the Simu-Castle and Lord Piotr? Each House has its own merits, but WB's only merit is just to win in the GGs and brag about it. The balancing has been done - so we shall wait...

I would say its something like this for the rewards, but the games should not favor any individual house.

quote:

2. Believe it or not i would actually welcome another house winning. if each house won equally, then mabye there would be a reward for winning. but as ive said twice before, RH and MR get thier wings clipped EVERY year. i really cant understand why you guys think that this year will be ANY different from the rest.

Errrr... The first 3 years, all houses had to fight the same amount of waves...
Last year, the staff tried to change it, however I still think that it wasn't really a good way to balancing. As I said before, war is not a fair way to compete as it is favoring WB. We need something that wouldn't favor any houses and something that won't matter due to sheer numbers.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
7/26/2012 20:12:28   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

Huh, well then. I guess I'm jumping ship to RH. That's great... Oh well, been fun, WB. I go where the nicest swag is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 74
7/26/2012 20:43:15   
Gamemastersam

@^
TRAITOR!!!
DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition