Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2012 15:50:09   
Selutu
Constructive

@stealthwings
Actually ejecting does give waves to the opposite house :/
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 176
7/28/2012 15:56:46   
stealthwings
Helpful

Oh. Then why doesn't anyone use an alt in the opposite house and constantly eject? I thought that an instant eject did not count for that reason.
DF MQ  Post #: 177
7/28/2012 16:32:18   
Hoggs Bison

I should do that, only to prove the pessimists who think WB will win again wrong.
MQ  Post #: 178
7/28/2012 16:33:55   
Selutu
Constructive

@stealthwings
I do that quite a bit. Sportsmanship might be important for RH and WB, but us MRs should just do whatever we want :P

DF MQ AQW  Post #: 179
7/28/2012 16:46:29   
Hoggs Bison

I was just searching stuff on the MQ Encyclopedia, the Corrupted HM's Prices are highway robbery!
3000 NGs can put a REALLY huge dent in my savings...
MQ  Post #: 180
7/28/2012 16:59:20   
Glais

But they're not so good that they're necessary.

Though with the NG TerriFi's recent terribleness, they are due for a buff. They are triple its price yet 1/3 its power.
DF MQ  Post #: 181
7/28/2012 17:12:15   
Hoggs Bison

^

I'm looking forward to the new HMs, hopefully we won't be forced to use them...
MQ  Post #: 182
7/28/2012 17:14:07   
Glais

Considering how long they've been working on the new HMs (since late last year if I remember correctly), they'll probably be veeeeery high quality.
DF MQ  Post #: 183
7/28/2012 17:20:27   
Hoggs Bison

^

RH should keep their mana shield IMO.
MQ  Post #: 184
7/28/2012 18:08:31   
Alex Wolfblade

What? New house mechs?! I just bought a Falcon-P! Goddangit. Best get to farming...
Loving the Falcon, though, glad they brought it back.
On-topic: The only thing unfair in the Games to me is the sheer numbers of obviously the best house Wolfblade, the mechs seem pretty balanced, Adv Wolf has high damage for high energy costs, And I'm not entirely sure about Adv Raven and Adv Hawk.

< Message edited by Alex Wolfblade -- 7/28/2012 18:14:55 >
Post #: 185
7/28/2012 18:17:48   
Glais

SC at least, WolfBlade's a pretty lame Mech compared to RH and MR. RH has Mana Shield, one of the most useful abilities in the gam. MR has a good BtH nerf, Stun chance, potential for nice damage. WB has...damage. Its Stun would be great but it is resistable which = useless nowadays.

Luckily new House Mechs mean new specials so hopefully they all work out a bit better.
DF MQ  Post #: 186
7/28/2012 22:01:16   
forumlogin

@Alex
IIRC the staff attempted to rectify that in earlier GGs with scaled numbers of enemies.
Which didn't work at all, as we can see.

@glai
GG-wise, though, WB's got the best GGHM.
The shoulders went from not-that-useful to still-not-that-useful-but-at-least-somewhat-better, and everything else just stayed the same.
DF MQ  Post #: 187
7/28/2012 22:12:50   
Glais

Was referring to the AWHMs not the terrible Gears ones. The only upside of the Gears House Mechs is that NSCs can access Mana Shield, which isn't even supposed to happen.
DF MQ  Post #: 188
7/29/2012 1:24:45   
Gamemastersam

@Stealthwingz
quote:

*Cue gamemaster same accusing you of being a coward+bragging about WB being strong*

i dont brag about WB. i only defend it. I agree its not a powerful let alone an OP mecha, but its strong enough that most of the MQ community favors it. Plus, no one likes it when you talk trash about what they enjoy or where they are. DJ Quik got beat up by gangsters because he was talking bad about colorado. (he never talked bad about colorado again)

@Glais
quote:

WB has...damage.

And whats a dharmahp? is that closer to a RH a MR or a WB? its not a nerfer or an EP drainer.

@hoggs
quote:

I should do that, only to prove the pessimists who think WB will win again wrong.

Its not at all pessimistic to think that a team with a 4 year win streak will win again. its just an educated guess.
DF MQ  Post #: 189
7/29/2012 1:31:53   
Selutu
Constructive

@^
Forums is different from RL...
Also Dharmahp is not a HM, and it is definitely an OP Queen-of-All-Trades...
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 190
7/29/2012 1:35:34   
forumlogin

@Gamemastersan
Just saying, bringing up the Dharmahp doesn't help your case that the AWB isn't outclassed and underpowered. XD
The thing has pretty much everything the AWB has but BETTER.
Fertong>Body, Subgun over both(!) shoulders, Dharbeam over Berserker, and more or less everything>Massive Annihilation and the random BA.

The AMR and ARH can stand out from the Dharmahp with certain weapons of theirs that provide niches that the Dharmahp doesn't have (although, the Falcon has more or less usurped the AMR).
The AWB has nothing the Dharmahp, or other "power" mecha, doesn't.

I'm with you when you think WB will win, though. :P
I don't really care, but overall, WB has proven that handicaps aren't enough to stop them, and RH and MR have shown that staff-given advantages aren't enough to get them to pull through.
DF MQ  Post #: 191
7/29/2012 1:38:09   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Selutu
Wait, what? It's possible? I thought it would be deemed a dishonorable fight or something and not counted. I'm talking about ejecting turn one.

I am far more loyal (Want to see my team win) than sportsmanlike. I am so doing that if it works.

@Gamemastersam
You wouldn't? Oh, my mistake then. I must have been confusing you with someone who was there during the last GG. And I was not talking about the mecha, but the house. There were several people last GG who would go "Ejecting is the most dishonorable thing ever and WB is awesome so we do not do that, anyone who does that is a pathetic wimp, WB has no pathetic wimps." (Though they would probably say it slightly differently)

And about the Dharmahp, exactly. Though actually the Dharmahp is good because it stuns, not because of its damage, without the stun it would be in between average and good for an SCMM, the stun puts it into amazing. But looking at it from a damage perspective, it has more than WB, lots of mecha do. That is why everyone likes the ARH and the AMR so much, the ARH is the only thing in the game which can split damage between HP and EP, and out of the other things it does, they are much harder to find. The AMR, while not the only thing at what it does, is very good at what it does. The AWB, is beaten by plenty of mecha at damage, and has nothing unique. While everyone has their own preference when it comes to mecha, and some combinations of abilities could cause some players to like things which others deem useless, the AWB has no individual thing which is unique or the best.

Edit:
@Forumlogin
If WB wins, I am blaming you. WB has shown that they can overcome staff-given advantages. But they have not shown that they can overcome hope. This year, RH and MR will have hope, and that will destroy WB.

Unless you keep crushing it. Leave the WB propaganda to WB.

< Message edited by stealthwings -- 7/29/2012 1:40:02 >
DF MQ  Post #: 192
7/29/2012 1:41:08   
Selutu
Constructive

@stealthwings
I know you're talking about that and it still works. I used my WB alt to do that to gian quite a few waves for MR last year until schoolwork beckoned...

@forumlogin
Not exactly. With the Falcon you won't customize the HD, while with AMR you are very willing to.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 193
7/29/2012 2:43:15   
Gamemastersam

quote:

Forums is different from RL...

True. but i can still use RL events or situations to get my point across (point being that ripping on peoples things can cause severe rage)

quote:

@Gamemastersan
Just saying, bringing up the Dharmahp doesn't help your case that the AWB isn't outclassed and underpowered. XD

I was using dharmy to express that pure dmg builds are FAR from useless or weak
DF MQ  Post #: 194
7/29/2012 2:46:18   
Glais

quote:

And whats a dharmahp? is that closer to a RH a MR or a WB? its not a nerfer or an EP drainer.

Dharmahp easily outclasses AWB in every way though, and I was only talking about the AWB itself, which is outclassed by...pretty much any Damage-focused Mech out there. I never said that Damage was useless, but that the AWB is outclassed in the thing it specializes at:damage.
DF MQ  Post #: 195
7/29/2012 2:58:03   
stealthwings
Helpful

@Gamemastersam
Pure damage builds are by no means useless or weak, the TerriFi can easily destroy all of necryptos X except simu-castle. The problem is that the AWB is not very good at being a pure damage build.
DF MQ  Post #: 196
7/29/2012 3:14:54   
NaturallyMaria
Ebil Empress

Personally, I'd like to see WB winning every year to be used as an actual plot point.

For one, it's the WB types that are more likely to care about winning, what with their pride and competitive nature and all that. Hawks have bigger things to worry about, like the Dragonoids, Drakel correspondence, or just general weapons research. Ravens don't care who wins as long as they can profit from it somehow. After all, why devote resources to a silly competition when you get prize weapons either way (although they did get the worst weapons last year, lol)?

On a deeper level though, I'd like to think the Xaria incident only gives WB even more incentive to fight harder, because of all they've had to endure already. A happy, energized facade would be essential for the incoming class of new recruits, and a general morale boost would be good for everyone.
MQ  Post #: 197
7/29/2012 3:38:26   
Megadragonknight

When i fought with ARH and AMR in extreme mode, they were much more tougher than before due to AMR's critical hit shoulders and body attack which is very annoying as i would be at disadvantage and ARH was much scarier, he has a special ability that would reflect some damage back to me if i land a crtical hit on him which is the main problem since the mechas that i always used to fight in extreme mode on battle option have guarantte critical hit which is really a disadvanatge for them especially loki,lightshow and falcon, ARH's body attack is already a trouble for me but an addition to the reflect critcal hit ability likewise jawseph was really a big killer to me. I for once hated ARH and AMR.
Post #: 198
7/29/2012 3:40:09   
Selutu
Constructive

Well we pretty much get the worst rewards every year... The only thing decent apart from the AMR we have is the Multi Gunner, and that's it. LMR's scaling is the worst out of the 3, which has lower HP than the Level 40 AMR at Level 45, but at the same time LRH and LWB at least has their scaling so that they have HP and EP higher than the Level 40 versions. The Cloverblade, RH got 99 turns EP IDoT, WB got increaing Crit Chance, MR got increasing damage... WB got stunning/Immobility Resistance Reducing arms when RH got the GEARS cannons, which are nice, but MR got a weapon with around 1/3 chance for an extra hit, not very MR like.
When RH got the Power Orb, WB for the Chain Versa Arm, and MR got the Multi Gunner which was nice.
Then came the Xaria Rewards. RH got Tri-Elemental Blasters and Mana Piercers, WB got the WB Time Gatling, Energy Charger and D-Launcher. What MR got was Disorientator which is out-classed in every way by non-rares, Sickle which is a pure damage dealer and nothing else apart from a remake of the Multi Gunner and the Component Thief...
As for the CHMs, WB definitely got a nice one, CRH is pretty decent with the unique BD, but CMR is a pure damage dealer, with everything on it out-classed by non-rares.

@^
We are talking about the GG stuff, not the normal AHMs. Also RH does NOT have a Critical Reflect Ability.

< Message edited by Selutu -- 7/29/2012 3:43:01 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 199
7/29/2012 4:18:43   
stealthwings
Helpful

Didn't you get a shoulder with a nice passive boost?

RH's shoulder had a nice effect, but a horrible passive boost. +perception doesn't really mean much, it is worse than a tiny regen increase which is found on other weapons.
DF MQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Gears games: requiring urgent balancing
Page 8 of 10«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition