Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

"Short Story Challenges" Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> "Short Story Challenges" Discussion
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/25/2012 21:11:18   
Gianna Glow

I recently decided to start a way of writing that feels very new to me that has several rules.
1) Get 10 random words from somewhere
2) Write a short story (350 words or less) that makes sense
3) The words assigned much be used in the order given

This is the first one I tried with the following words:
Water
Purple
Bullets
Fox
Swords
Illusions
Flying
Whales
Tree
Cards

It was hard and weird, but it was my first try. I'm not very good with short stories, which is why I am trying this. Tell me what you think!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/28/2012 8:04:55   
blankmaskara

The story's good for me, if that helps. It made good use too of those words you got, especially the flying whales. I don't think I could do that, because I would probably end up making a conversation that mentions those words only once, or twice. Thrice might be pushing it too far for me.
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> "Short Story Challenges" Discussion
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition