Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 17 of 30«<1516171819>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/18/2012 22:54:04   
kittycat

Frenzy is doing fine the what it's supposed to do. The nature of 2 regular passives compensates for a debuff.
AQ MQ  Post #: 401
8/19/2012 0:07:10   
shadesofblue

@Steel Slayer
My reasoning is that although Intimidate is a very powerful move, (although not as powerful as smokescreen) all the classes that currently have it either don't use it often/effectively (BM) or prefer other moves (Merc). Intimidate will be very powerful on TLM's though, because combined with Mineral Armor and Reroute, TLM's can loop Intimidate, which poses a very big problem for many builds nowadays. Taking out Frenzy is simply to balance the class. The reason why a defensive Debuff is better for TLM is because a TLM's have proven to be very, very strong with a offensive debuff(STR TLM's at least), so a defensive debuff would give the class a good fighting chance, yet not make them a OP STR quick-kill class.
AQW  Post #: 402
8/19/2012 1:40:58   
NDB

I think that BH and CH are too similar. All the BH and CH builds these days are the same in 1v1: smoke/ malfunction + massacre. One uses physical attacks and one uses energy. It was only when they added plasma armor to CHs that they started to be a little more different but its still basically the same because the extra shield just makes up for loss of health gain by BHs. And if your thinking "Static Charge... duh", most CH get a ton of energy anyways because their scared of block static and don't end up using energy they get when it isn't. Let's take a look at the other skills too...
Bounty Hunter l Cyber Hunter
Field Medic l Field Medic
Cheap Shot l Cheap Shot
EMP Grenade l EMP Grenade
Multi Shot l Multi Shot
Smoke Screen l Malfuntion
Venom Strike l Venom Strike
Shadow Arts l Shadow Arts
Massacre l Massacre
Stun Grenade l Plasma Grenade
Energy Shield l Defense Matrix
That's 10 out of 12 skill that are the same or the same idea. The only skills that make the classes different are Bloodlust and Reflex with BH, and Plasma Armor and Static with CH.

< Message edited by NDB -- 8/19/2012 2:15:14 >
Epic  Post #: 403
8/19/2012 8:42:20   
ScarletReaper

That's probably because cyber is an evolved form. Of course they are going to be similar as they are both still hunters. I mean Here's the mercs
mineral armor/hybrid armor
surgical strike/surgical strike
Artillery strike/Artillery strike
Double strike/Double strike
Atom smasher/Atom smasher
field medic/field medic
Field commander/Blood commander

For mages
Overcharge/Overcharge
Plasma bolt/Fireball
Plasma rain/Plasma rain
Supercharge/Supercharge
Bludgeon/Bludgeon
Field medic/Field medic
Deadly aim/Deadly aim
Defense Matrix/Energy shield

It's not just the hunters. :D

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 404
8/19/2012 9:56:10   
Mother1

Scarletreaper you forgot some moves for both the merc and tech merc tree. Also if you think the classes are too alive you can thank several nerfs to the classes. They started out with several different moves, however due to certain classes dominating others or in this case winning too much they changed moves. I remember when blood mages had bezerker but instead of bludgeon, but then they were doing the 2 round kill almost every match so they changed it.

But on another subject something I would like to see changed is the agility thing. It doesn't seem to count for anything anymore. I mean they make these drawbacks to try and make agility worth having, but no a days due to the imbalance in power to the classes having that extra agility isn't even worth it anymore unless you are a dex and tech tank. Especially when fighting strength builds. Also the drawbacks when people spam stats is also too weak as well because not only does it not stop them from doing this anyways but it just makes it even worse for those who don't do this and worse to wear 9/10 of the time they always come out on top. Personally I think something should be done to make it actually worth keeping full agility and not going overboard with spamming a stat/stats just to win.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/19/2012 10:25:56 >
Epic  Post #: 405
8/19/2012 10:15:25   
ReinXI

hmm how about...
agility

100 +2 def/ resist +1 dmg
90 +0 def/ resist +0 dmg
80 -2 def/ resist -2 dmg
70 -6 def/ resist -4 dmg
60 -9 def/ resist -8 dmg
50- -12 def/ resist -12 dmg

or something along those lines?

Epic  Post #: 406
8/19/2012 11:12:54   
theholyfighter

A Nerf to Blood Mages......
What makes str BMs that OPed is because of these( I believe ):
1. Bloodlust
2. Fireball
3. Deadly Aim
Since the 1st and 3rd will affect other classes nerfing Fireball may be the best option. Make it improve with support?

How about adding a function to Agility. Stats that are overused will cause some kind of def/resis reduction.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 8/19/2012 11:13:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 407
8/19/2012 11:22:09   
Mother1

They already have that however, the number starts at 50+ and goes even further at 85+ stat points. Most people never go that go past 50 with that stat let alone 85. Plus don't forget about the enhancements which don't even add into this. most abusers would just use 49 points at the most to avoid this, and use enhancement to power up even more without worry of that backlash. The only way it would effect them is if they are the health spammers, and health spammers 9/10 still win even with the backlashes so as I said before unless you are a dex and tech tank the agility isn't worth squat.
Epic  Post #: 408
8/19/2012 11:25:11   
theholyfighter

I mean for eg having 28+35 str =63 primary damage (free!) and that is surely Oped. Needs an additional Agility that not only applies to health but also other stats.
AQW Epic  Post #: 409
8/19/2012 11:36:14   
ReinXI

holy look at page 16 I put a post on something like you said..

they really just need to find a way to make it to where enhancements are counted into stat checks so you cant get around using loopholes in the system...
Epic  Post #: 410
8/19/2012 11:40:10   
Mother1

If I misread the information it is not the total of points with stats that causes the drawback, but the number of points you add to them. Let's just Blood mage for an example

Blood mages starts with 22 strength. However, with the way they make the drawbacks (If I am not mistaken) Blood mage could go up to 71 strength without the drawback even kicking in since it takes 50 stat points for the drawback to kick in but they only used 49. Now add the enhancements to the class (which are drawback free) and depending on what the equipment you have equipped you have a very powerful strength mage with the only draw back being in the health department since most strength mages use high health and bloodlust to cover for the lack of defense.

Plus when you look at most build no one really uses more then 50 points on any stat even the 140 health blood mages don't you 50 stat points with this it is only 47 which is more then enough to keep from getting that drawback (Even though they are getting the lower agility one) Now what I suggest is to make the drawback number lower then 50 lets say 40 and make the second one 65. Some may call this unfair but at the same time this would not only help beat the the stat spammer, but encourage more balance with the other stats without nerfing skills.
Epic  Post #: 411
8/19/2012 17:29:02   
NDB

quote:

That's probably because cyber is an evolved form. Of course they are going to be similar as they are both still hunters. I mean Here's the mercs

Yea i know but what about merc build vs tactical merc builds, and tech mage builds vs blood mage builds? Tey're completely different and impossible to make similar builds with. Like i sid before, Ch and BH both make malf/smoke + massacre builds.

< Message edited by NDB -- 8/19/2012 17:31:56 >
Epic  Post #: 412
8/19/2012 19:06:38   
edwardvulture

Just take away enhancements from guns and auxes. It's that easy. There is no reason for this whole discussion.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 413
8/19/2012 19:11:05   
Mother1

Edwardvulture if that was done people would still spam stat points and just change equipment to fit the build they want. Besides even if they took the enhancements off of guns and auxs there is still primary's and armors. some of those have even better stats then aux's and guns so it would still be the same.

I still think lowering the number needed for backlash on stats is the way to go since even with the health backlash stat spammers still spam health and even with the current backlash they still dominate.
Epic  Post #: 414
8/19/2012 19:11:56   
Ranloth
Banned

And people who enhanced it all? What about weapons sold? Can they track them? Won't value of Varium change because of lack of enhancements? If refunds are given, ED will lose on it and there may be other ways to solve it. You see it as a simple thing by saying one sentence but it isn't.
AQ Epic  Post #: 415
8/20/2012 4:36:11   
Promiscuous

Give back technician to tlms, blood shield is more than useless.
Post #: 416
8/20/2012 4:48:58   
Mother1

Especially since the balancing of moves nerfed just about every move that was affected. Plus for all those who think this could be abused with Tech merc the only move improved with this would be the surgical strike which is the only move that is powered by tech with this class so it would be a lot harder to abuse this for this class.
Epic  Post #: 417
8/20/2012 9:37:29   
King Helios

Switch Stun Grenade to improving with Tech, Plasma to Dex, and buff them a bit.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 418
8/20/2012 12:35:26   
Wootz

Sorry for the long reply.

quote:

Trans, tech mage and Wootz, a Cyber Hunter both have malfunction but one will EMP you to death. So we know why they don’t want nothing improving tech with improving resistance just as good as or better than E-shield they want to make sure Plasma Cannon is useless for a couple of turns while they either EMP you to death or use Assimilation on you while waiting for malfunction to wear off. This skill would not make the Blood Mage overpowered but I already know Calogero and other Blood Mages that hates me would go along with the non Blood Mage Classes and try to make any ideas or suggestions that is not their own go away and they act like they speaking for the whole community. If you are a Blood Mage that would like to use Plasma Cannon more often and get energy return back when you have an resistance type shield then why wouldn’t you want a shield like I suggested.

So, umad for us having an debuff because we can't have a huge output of damage like you do? Oh and EMP Grenade ain't always used. I only use it in one build, and it takes away 38 EP at level 7 then. And even if we take your EP you can lay out a huge ammount of damage on us. Aslong as your strikes aren't blocked you'll be fine, which happens really rarerly...
Make a Plasma Cannon build then if you want it so badly, I wanted a Support build and now I have it and I get around 90% win ratio (better then most of the current Blood Mages & Cyber Hunters on the LeaderBoards).

quote:

So Wootz tell everyone as a Cyber Hunter what can be done to the abusive high-energy draining skills?

You are asking me about Massacre & Venom strike, because none of the other skills don't cost a lot of Energy.

quote:

Tell us Wootz if everyone is so tired of seeing strength Blood Mages and a skill will make it desirable to change builds would you not want that skill?

Firstly. Your skill WILL NOT do that. It can already be done, only everyone enyoys being over-powered.

quote:

Or would you rather keep seeing strength builds among the Blood Mage Class and keep complaining about does builds with the lack of understanding why Blood Mages have to have high stats?

Do, tell me about the high stats. A general 5 Focus build works just as well, also Support build has a good shot!

quote:

quote:

Trans, I don't ignore anyone's opinions for one and you are incorrect about my post as usual.

That what was the comment with Trans having Malf (TM) and Wootz being CH and having EMP? Sorry but I see no connection with EMP since Tech/Res does NOT affect it.. Or was it biased because he's a CH? Besides I have Physical weapons too, I can crush through Energy Shield when BMs or BHs use it against me, I can get through majority of builds using Focus 5 TM with Gamma Bot. Mind you, my Physical attacks are Primary and the Bot so they are both Blockable + deflectable special.
My point is, your skill is overkill if you want Tech boost ALONG with Resistance Boost (on top of Tech) and 15% regen when hit. I don't mind Energy Version of Reflex WITHOUT Res boost like you said. For once I'd agree with you since Tech doesn't raise blocks unlike Dex and wouldn't render the regen useless.

What Trans said. You can't judge us by what class we are. I use Physical blades and my builds are unique, so you can't really biase your comments by our classes. Every skill you post here is an overkill and you obviously can't "nerf" it down a bit.

quote:

I think that BH and CH are too similar. All the BH and CH builds these days are the same in 1v1: smoke/ malfunction + massacre. One uses physical attacks and one uses energy. It was only when they added plasma armor to CHs that they started to be a little more different but its still basically the same because the extra shield just makes up for loss of health gain by BHs. And if your thinking "Static Charge... duh", most CH get a ton of energy anyways because their scared of block static and don't end up using energy they get when it isn't. Let's take a look at the other skills too...
Cheap Shot l Cheap Shot
Multi Shot l Multi Shot
Massacre l Massacre
That's 10 out of 12 skill that are the same or the same idea. The only skills that make the classes different are Bloodlust and Reflex with BH, and Plasma Armor and Static with CH.
-

This argument ain't aimed towards me, but oh well. Both Hunter classes are very versitale, both can do Strenght, Dexterity, Technology, Support or 5 Focus builds with great funcionality, sometimes two of those things (like me for example, I abuse both Strenght and Support with Delta daggers as a Cyber Hunter). I don't really understand where you are going with that post so, I'll just leave this like it is. Cyber Hunters somewhat have a higher durability and a bigger Energy Pool, but that doesn't mean that all of us are tankers with 70+ EP. Do you have any propositions to "fix" this then?
AQW Epic  Post #: 419
8/20/2012 13:33:09   
Hun Kingq

I do have a Plasma cannon Dex build with support higher of 50 battles today I have only got critical damage twice and the average damage I been getting was between 35 and 37 one time I only got 20.

Well the multis need to be balanced out again due to that Artillery strike improving with support I have seen get Critical damage in non-rage and Critical damage at rage, while the multi-shot and Plasma Rain improves with Dex and getting Critical damage on those two will be a low to non-existence of a chance for critical strike. The only two classes that can improve their damage of the multis are the Tech Mage and the Cyber Hunter while the Bounty Hunters and Blood Mages can't. what can be done about it tell me because before the change the multis were not balance and will anything be done probably not until the next phase begins when three new classes are introduced.

For right now the all the stats need to be looked and recoded
This tact merc had 87: 20-24 strength was getting 30 damage with each strike I already have high dex, I put on level 3 reflex boost and he still got 30 damage so I intimidated him he still got 30 damage. So tell me something is not wrong with the stats with all my defense and lowering his strength he still got the same damage over and over again.
Epic  Post #: 420
8/20/2012 13:34:58   
King Helios

^ You need a bigger Reflex Boost. It only raises your DEF by 6. (Fought you before).

Give Tactical Mercs Maul , please!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 421
8/20/2012 13:51:45   
midnight assassin

quote:

Cheap Shot l Cheap Shot
Multi Shot l Multi Shot
Massacre l Massacre

Then change me. I don't know what the tone of you're post is but, base on my understanding, you're saying that bh is nearly the same in terms of winning as ch? I have to admit that majority of bh use the old school smoke + str + massacre. But I know how to counter them easily(depends). I'm using a balanced build(actually 4 focus but I did re-modify it with focusing on the power of emp + sa+ss-massacre). I do admit that the core skill of most of the bh like me is smoke screen. But when you guys malf us, it creates a chain reaction because remember smoke and emp seriously increases by tech. So I wonder how come the win ratio of bh and ch is almost the same. Also if a bh smoke you, it can be easily countered by a defense matrix and if we emp you, you can use static. If you emp us, do you think we can regenerate ep easily? Reflex boost will do but do you think it's enough? Remember also that you're emp can also hurt our massacre while our emp will sometimes be nothing than a waste of turn.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 8/20/2012 13:53:07 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 422
8/20/2012 13:53:16   
Ranloth
Banned

If TLMs are sooooo underpowered apparently, where are Mercenaries on the balance scale? Do they even make it there or is TLM even more UP?
AQ Epic  Post #: 423
8/20/2012 13:57:20   
midnight assassin

^That's why I find it weird on how come tlm complains even if they got the skills good for regenerating + tanking.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 424
8/20/2012 14:10:48   
Ranloth
Banned

It's simple after skills, it's a Tank Class. Someone said before that each class should be able to do all kind of builds (was it Mr. Black OP?), but it's wrong. How can you run very Tank build with BM when you lack defensive skills and skills revolve around offence? TLMs are tank class, you can see that it has passive Armor and EP Regen which makes it good for Tank/High HP builds, as well as Poison which works well with good Strength or Tank build. Looking at SS, you can spam Tech so it's also defensive stat in a way as it will raise your Res & Def is taken care of by Mineral Armor.
Frenzy allows HP regen as much as SC allows EP regen in non-passive way so you can still get a power build. New Infernal Android - with tank build, TLMs should have even more advantages since they can easily get to the Bot's cap and deal 150% damage which is great with high Tech as well (mix of SS and Bot, perhaps combined with good Heal?).

TLMs are a tank class, BMs are more of glass cannons/offensive class, TMs are similar to BMs but a bit tankier (Reroute is the key), Mercs are somewhat tanks but with good defence, CHs are tanks too with good offence, and BHs are like BMs but a bit different style and skills.
AQ Epic  Post #: 425
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 [17] 18 19   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 17 of 30«<1516171819>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition