Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 18 of 30«<1617181920>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/20/2012 14:14:11   
kingpowerlord

to all of you who who say tlm is underpowered sorry to say but what planet do you live on? they can tank and have massive strength AT THE SAME TIME. also a over time damage dealer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 426
8/20/2012 14:26:05   
Rayman
Banned

TLM Isnt UP, Its just that you dont know how to use it, thats all.
AQW Epic  Post #: 427
8/20/2012 14:53:44   
Promiscuous

TLM doesn't have a single highly damaging spell unlike any other class. /not counting SS and AS because they are useless for burst damage/ Moreover CH outperforms TLM in any aspect - tanking/damage dealing etc. TLM's can kill but atm they the most tedious class to play because of the endless nerfs they have received. Not saying they are UP or something, just boring.

< Message edited by Promiscuous -- 8/20/2012 14:56:25 >
Post #: 428
8/20/2012 14:58:16   
kingpowerlord

are you saying they have no good damage dealers? while that might be true that they dont have any skills to do huge damage that is compensated by the fact that they cant abuse a skill with ease such as support which makes there multi and auxilaries devastating in damage, along with there strength with field commander which they can repeatedly spam because of there unlimited energy. the nerfs they have received are with reason, iask you would you rather have a tlm with smokescreen?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 429
8/20/2012 15:50:13   
Promiscuous

From your post I realise you've never played a TLM. I've tried an 150 support TLM just recently and it's bad, actually any support build isn't worth mentioning right now.

< Message edited by Promiscuous -- 8/20/2012 15:51:23 >
Post #: 430
8/20/2012 16:30:54   
Hun Kingq

King Helios, with that player when I put on Reflex boost my dex was at 121: defense 33-40 +5+1 so with that player being intimidated and with Reflex boost on should he have got 30 damage each strike and with my support higher than his should he have got critical damage. I decided to also test the Android with high tech with no focus in Round 8 I got 1 then 2 damage total of 3.

The code/formulas are messed up and they need to be fixed.

I just finishing test Plasma Cannon at every tech level and the level that shows at least 50+ damage tech at 147 7-78 energy damage. That left me with no focus, low dex, low strength, and low support, making me only have one attack with some power and only did Critical damage twice.

Why should a Blood Mage that wants to have power from Plasma Cannon have to sacrifice so much?

That is why suggested a new tech boosting skill so that the blood Mage would not have to sacrifice so much to help win the match.

You say what I suggest will make the Blood Mage over powered but when I was at 76 health a Cyber Hunter with low strength and level 10 massacre killed me instantly. So as you say what I suggest is overpowered their are skills such as unblockable massacre that are in placed that is over powered. With my dex and super high tech the damage from massacre was not affected were if I was hit with Surgical charge or Super Charge the damage would have been limited.

If you can't beat a strength Blood mage or any class you considered op then it is quite clear you are not using the skills to your advantage or at its full potential.

The Blood Mage only centers around strength because the staff have not given the Blood Mage to boost any other skills with n exception of Reflex boost but even with that you have to have super high dex to get the damage need to help your team win the match on top of that smoke and energy stealing can ruin those skills but at least with reflex boost you get a sad 15% energy back . The skills that need the boost is the tech based skills that is affected in two ways by energy stealing and malfunction but with just the E shield it does nothing but raise resistance so your their for over 4 turns waiting for the effect of malfunction to wear off putting the Blood Mage at a huge disadvantage and basically getting punished for not using a strength build.

If you think what I suggest is over powered than come up with something for the Blood Mages that will improve tech, improves with support, and restore energy so the Blood Mage can have a power build other than strength.

With a tech increasing skill for the Blood Mage you will see more versatile builds and probably closer to balance.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 8/20/2012 20:22:14 >
Epic  Post #: 431
8/20/2012 17:04:01   
AqworldThunder

Faction Balance! It is terrible for legion, and with my own currently growing stronger and stronger we can't seem to get legion win. I think the Exiles have more faction's but the sides with legion should still be able to win, make it a little bit more balanced. Like if we lose for a week we start off with 100,000 influence and they start off with 0 and vice versa.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 432
8/20/2012 20:12:14   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Here's some idea's
Tell me "how wrong I am" ;D

1. Double the energy cost of both malfunction and smoke (say why)
2. Give Mercenary Deadly Aim (This one is arguable, and just a Merc buff)
3. Make it so the more strength you have, the more you will be blocked starting at 20-24
- At 20-24, you have a 7% higher chance to be blocked, 21-26, you have a 14% higher chance to be blocked, caps at 60% (Not including buffs, bufs are left out of this idea)
4. The higher strength you have, the slower you gain rage, so other builds (yes, including tank) would gain rage faster than strength builds

Explain how this would be game breaking, and not just fix the strength abuse problem
Or how this would fix it

< Message edited by Blaze The Aion Ender -- 8/20/2012 23:33:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 433
8/20/2012 22:19:06   
AQWPlayer

quote:

1. Double the energy cost of both malfunction and smoke

No.

quote:

Give them DA for aux instead.

quote:

3. Make it so the more strength you have, the more you will be blocked starting at 20-24
- At 20-24, you have a 7% higher chance to be blocked, 21-26, you have a 14% higher chance to be blocked, caps at 60% (Not including buffs, bufs are left out of this idea)

Extra coding; no thanks.

quote:

4. The higher strength you have, the slower you gain rage, so other builds (yes, including tank) would gain rage faster than strength builds

What about this: make rage increase by 1/2 of the damage blocked when attacking (half of what it is now) and 100% of the damage received.
AQW  Post #: 434
8/20/2012 22:36:20   
midnight assassin

quote:

1. Double the energy cost of both malfunction and smoke

1. I have to say no.
2. No. I think it would be better if they return the old hybrid armor.
3 I like this idea. The problem with this will only be that bm might get up. But I don't care since I hate bm.
4 No unless you remove the thing about the tank builds regenerating faster.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 8/20/2012 22:39:12 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 435
8/20/2012 22:44:49   
DunkThatOreo

How bout dis, give bloodmages skills that actually fit its name besides BL and fireball, mind blown I know you're welcome.

< Message edited by DunkThatOreo -- 8/20/2012 22:45:09 >
Epic  Post #: 436
8/20/2012 23:20:11   
Mr. Black OP

^
Ok. *gets rid of energy shield for bloodshield*

But quick question on balance, why is stun/plasma grenade significantly weaker than overload?
Epic  Post #: 437
8/20/2012 23:26:44   
RageSoul

@OP
Yeah , i noticed too , i mean sure BH and CH can synergize their 'Nades but so does BM and TM .

Now about BMs....
The class isn't OPed but there are situations that , if you're not careful , can spell doom to any player , and its STR advantages are the ones that make it seem OPed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 438
8/21/2012 0:46:09   
theholyfighter

So somewhere I saw someone say that if we can't beat STR BMs it we're using the wrong build. Then the guys says that a person with MAX Massacre killed him and he says Massacre is OPed.......What the.......If we can't defeat them we used the wrong build; if we do our build is OPed?!

By the way, that guy is wanting to use a tech abuse build with a 5 focus?

Strength Blood Mages are OPed now.

< Message edited by theholyfighter -- 8/21/2012 0:52:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 439
8/21/2012 7:26:17   
Darkwing

@ Blaze The Aion Ender
1) 62-64 energy for a skill that is almost gone( or better) if you use robot/energy shield/technician/blood shield ?

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 8/21/2012 7:28:42 >
Post #: 440
8/21/2012 10:12:02   
Sh4d0wMast3r

@ theholyfighter

It's not that hard to make 5 focus tech abuse really, when I got the Infernal Android I made a 5 focus tech abuse build wich had 35-41 res from tech alone, not including plasma armor and armor bonus.
AQW Epic  Post #: 441
8/21/2012 10:40:11   
MrBones

Ah the balance issue.

What/who is killing the 1vs1, 2vs2 or jugg ? Some might say it's the balance. I have another take on it.

I have been around for quite a while, active in-game and in forums. I have read about every arguments, suggestions, I saw many changes to the game. Some positive, some negative.

The problem lies within the players themselves. They play a game called EpicDuel, duelling for their lives. Every single player wants to win and it is understandable. Now how in hell is it possible for every single players to have a 90% win ratio ?? It is just not possible.

Now if the game would ever achieved perfect balance, having all the classes and possible buits equal in power, the only way to win a battle would be to rely on luck. But here is the thing, players are already complaining about the luck factor in battles being already to high.

So I guess we are in a dead end. I doubt players would enjoy the game as they do now winning only 50% of their fights, especially the varium ones.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 442
8/21/2012 11:50:36   
DunkThatOreo

^Mr.bones that may be the most intelligent thing you've said since birth, congratz.
Epic  Post #: 443
8/21/2012 20:02:58   
rayniedays56

Exactly Mr. Bones. For this game to have 100% balance, there would have to be absolutely no luck involved.

(THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE!!!)

Also, wouldn't it be rather boring if everything was absolutely balanced? Think of this...

Who would pay for a game that would always be having battles determined by Critical chances and amount of boosters?

The game is not exactly balanced in the way that we want it to be, but also remember that we can't achieve perfection.

There will always be a lack of balance with the amount of luck involved, including the RNG gods and level differences. Also the varium to non varium gap is also implemented.

Please think of these facts before stating that this game is "Horrible" or just plain "Stupid"

Thank you all, and have a great day.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 444
8/21/2012 23:06:29   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Bludgeon is way better than Double strike
For double strike to do 50% it needs level 10 and costs 33 energy
For Bludgeon to do 50% (49%, but y'know) it needs level 8 it costs 24 energy
Lower level, and costs less energy, seems kinda unfair
Either buff double strike or nerf Bludgeon so they are atleast the same price
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 445
8/21/2012 23:23:18   
Stabilis

For this game to have a greater level of strategy, each class would require a larger skill tree. For example, 5x5. Why more skills involved? With severely limited options in battle, choices made by players in battle are more predictable. This is obvious. If I have 1 option, the opponent knows absolutely what I can and will do. If I have 2 options, the opponent knows absolutely what I can do, but does not know which of the 2 that I will do. Surprise and randomness are indirectly added with more skills. With more skills, we can reduce the influence of luck or change the contents to strategical use as forms that we may control. Also, hiding one's stats and information in battle as suggested by someone else is actually a very plausible thing to do. At the same time as increasing the randomness in battle, strategy levels are stressed as knowledge becomes less predictable as gameplay becomes more along experimentation rather than Jenga (each move is played to trump the other's move until someone meets an imminent failure [such as health reaching zero]). If you have issues with this gaming hypothesis then please ask questions instead of assuming things that may be completely false.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 8/21/2012 23:26:12 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 446
8/22/2012 1:02:22   
AQWPlayer

quote:

Either buff double strike or nerf Bludgeon so they are atleast the same price

Fact: Double strike is tier 1 and Bludgeon is tier 2
Fact: Bludgeon is the only good melee skill for TM
AQW  Post #: 447
8/22/2012 1:35:08   
Blaze The Aion Ender

1: but for them to be the same power level, double trike rank 10 = bludgeon rank 8(i think), thus it takes more to make double strike good than to unlock bludgeon and make it good
2: TM isn't supposed to be a melee class, it's a mage, not a warrior, plus I count DA as melee, since it isn't a spell, but thats debatable

< Message edited by Blaze The Aion Ender -- 8/22/2012 1:47:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 448
8/22/2012 11:34:29   
DunkThatOreo

^1. Hi
2. Bye
Epic  Post #: 449
8/22/2012 13:32:56   
HuggieBear
Banned

For the love of God, can we PLEASE nerf blood mages' stupid bludgeon??

Or at least make it cost more mana to use it?

C'mon Epic Duel Staff, it's FREAKIN' RIDICULOUS!!! I'm so sick and tired of it.

< Message edited by HuggieBear -- 8/22/2012 13:35:03 >
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 18 of 30«<1617181920>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition