Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/22/2012 13:47:07   
ScarletReaper

Simple solution. You want double strike to be as good as bludgeon? Move it to teir 2. Still wouldn't really be fair for one reason though, how high is a typical techmage's strength compared to a merc? Probably nowhere near. Why? because both merc and tlm have passives that increase their defense, allowing them to focus more on strength. What happens when a techmage goes for strength? We get destroyed.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 451
8/22/2012 17:08:47   
DanniiBoiixD

My opinion on the BM problem. Fireball should increase with dex, and deadly aim should be replaced with assimilate. There, problem solved.
AQW Epic  Post #: 452
8/22/2012 17:12:27   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@dannii You realize how dangerous Assimilate, a skill draining a set amount of energy and capable of dealing damage based on your strength, is for a strength heavy class? And you do know that BMs already have Overload and Plasma Rain improving with dex plus Reflex Boost to give them more dex and an energy regen as well right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 453
8/22/2012 17:14:09   
Mother1

DanniiBoiixD Oh sure give them an even more overpowered build then strength. If fireball is powered by dex then they will have fireball, overload and plasma rain as well as reflex boost. All they would have to do is use reflex boost to increase dex, which also increases block chance and use those three moves. Not to mention unlike the strength build they have now none of these moves are blockable or deflectable so if you think about it a dex build would be even more overpowered then a strength build since with strength only one move is unblockable while with dex it would be three. Also to add injury to insult they would also gain energy back for every hit they take with reflex boost giving them more energy back to possibly use other moves.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/22/2012 17:17:47 >
Epic  Post #: 454
8/22/2012 17:39:39   
STRUT MY MUTT

I think raising the mana required for bludgeon would help a lot. It's so powerful for so little.

Start level 1 bludgeon at 20 mana, and +2 for each level up with a max of 38 on level 10.

Post #: 455
8/22/2012 17:47:21   
steven11113

^^ I think 20 mana is too much for level 1.

15 Mana at level 1 and 33 mana at level 10 is more par to Double strike like double strike have 1 turn cool down while Bludent have 2 turn cool down however Double strike do 6% less damage than bludent.
Both start with 15 mana and 33 mana at level 10 is fair.
AQW Epic  Post #: 456
8/22/2012 17:52:07   
shadesofblue

No, I think 20 mana at level 1 is good. If you think about it, swapping Bezerker for Bludgeon wasn't a nerf, because with bludgeon, BM's didn't need as much energy, so they could invest more points into Health or STR.

EDIT: Since this would also affect TM's, how about we rename the skill to something else so that TM's won't be affected?

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/22/2012 17:53:03 >
AQW  Post #: 457
8/22/2012 17:54:38   
King Helios

Staff Smash? ^ idk

That's a good idea though.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 458
8/22/2012 17:56:11   
shadesofblue

^Actually that sounds pretty good, because with all that STR BM's bludgeon would no longer be a little jab, it's be a Staff Smash xD
AQW  Post #: 459
8/22/2012 18:05:33   
STRUT MY MUTT

A 10 mana increase is only 5 stat points. I don't get why anyone thinks that's huge.

BM's will still be as overpowered as they are now, but with 10 less mana. It probably still won't be enough to balance them and peeps will still be here complaining they're OP.

Post #: 460
8/23/2012 0:33:20   
Death Jr

Would this work out to valence a bm.

Nerf the increase of fireball, lower the % for bludgeon, and give them a passive that increases aux damage instead of deadly aim. Also give fireball a support or tech req.

Post #: 461
8/23/2012 4:15:03   
Ranloth
Banned

There was DA for Auxes already and it didn't work well due to its massive cooldown.. <_< And lowering % on Bludgeon is nerfing TMs so no. If you nerf increase of Fireball, it'll nerf TM's Bolt too which is good since Caster builds will be slightly weaker OR shove Support requirement on Fireball and Strength on Bolt and keep progression on both as it is.
AQ Epic  Post #: 462
8/23/2012 4:27:38   
Zeoth

Why they even removed the str req on plasma bolt is beyond me in the first place. I say give fireball a tech requirement. A support requirement has synergy with DA support requirement so there is no point to it. I'm sure tech is an odd choice but it's more plausible than anything else
Post #: 463
8/23/2012 4:29:28   
Ranloth
Banned

But BMs keep Support at minimum since DA isn't maxed. Tech goes with a defensive stat so they will gain something out of it. Besides it's same with Malf for TMs, it has Str requirement so no point to it, am I right? There is, BMs max Fireball so they'll spend more points on Support.
AQ Epic  Post #: 464
8/23/2012 4:44:56   
Zeoth

Malf str req has synergy with nothing which is the point. Str abuse with malf just wouldn't work very well because the only str improvement move is locked to physical. Fireball is unblockable/delectable regardless. A 34 maxed out tech req wouldn't hurt that much.

Edit: Whoops I entirely forgot about DA. But a gun has a two turn cool down no big deal

< Message edited by Zeoth -- 8/23/2012 4:45:56 >
Post #: 465
8/23/2012 4:56:00   
Ranloth
Banned

I meant 42 Support not 34 which is pitifully low. And 42 Strength for Bolt as well. ^^
AQ Epic  Post #: 466
8/23/2012 5:43:16   
Coolkid1999
Banned

I think "Blood Mages" are very Over-Powerd they seem to allways/most of the time Get first strike even with very low support and they also get rage very very fast. they also have op skills blundgeon and deadly aim and blood lust should be nerfed/weakend the fireball is ok. i am a cyber hunter and i lose to every blood mage this is not at all fair...
Post #: 467
8/23/2012 6:47:24   
Wootz

Coolkid,
yeah, I know the feeling. I got 77 Support and still I barerly manage to go first. Thankfully, if I get lucky (either a block or an deflection) I can manage to win againts them. But it's purely based on luck.
AQW Epic  Post #: 468
8/23/2012 9:33:50   
Stabilis

I myself am not a supporter of stat requirements... but until they are gone they should be more prominent. For Fireball, a triple requirement of Support, Technology, and Dexterity with T. and D. being half the value of S.

You better believe I am serious.
AQ Epic  Post #: 469
8/23/2012 18:41:14   
*Nova*

Was wondering, did the ED Staff nerf the new bot yet? The one that was for varium and non-varium.
DF MQ  Post #: 470
8/23/2012 21:30:37   
Mother1

They nerfed it sense last thursday along with the two assault bots and the azreal borg. They buffed the pyro fly gamma bot, and the baby yeti.
Epic  Post #: 471
8/24/2012 2:35:57   
khalidon5000

I just thought of a buff for adrenaline.
Currently, Adrenaline makes you gain 20% more rage when you invest 10 points into it.
How about we also give it a passive stat boost that scales so when you invest 10 points into it you get 10 stat points in one area. ( I haven't thought about which stat yet).
So the scaling would look like this:
Adrenaline: Increases Rage gain rate when attacking and defending and gives a passive boost in *Insert Stat here*
Energy Required: 0 (Passive)
% of the Rage Gain:
Level 1: 5 % More Rage Gain +1 point in *Insert stat name here*
Level 2: 7 % More Rage Gain +2 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 3: 9 % More Rage Gain +3 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 4: 11 % More Rage Gain +4 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 5: 13 % More Rage Gain +5 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 6: 15 % More Rage Gain +6 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 7: 17 % More Rage Gain +7 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 8: 18 % More Rage Gain +8 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 9: 19 % More Rage Gain +9 points in *Insert stat name here*
Level 10: 20 % More Rage Gain +10 points in *Insert stat name here*
Weapon Required: None
Stat Required: 24 Support (+2 per level)
Level Required: 10
Improves With: None

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 8/24/2012 2:38:58 >
Epic  Post #: 472
8/24/2012 11:04:24   
Promiscuous

Interestingly, top 2 places for each daily championship (1v1/2v2/Jugger) are occupied by BM's.
Post #: 473
8/24/2012 11:38:15   
Hun Kingq

First here is information on Assimilation
Assimilation: Deals 100% primary weapon damage. Steals energy from an enemy target; adds 50% to your energy pool. (rounded up)
· Energy Required: 0 (No Cost)
· Energy Steal (Progression depends on Character Level):
o Level 1: 1 / 2 / 3 (Adds 1 / 2 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 2: 2 / 3 / 4 (Adds 1 / 2 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 3: 3 / 4 / 5 (Adds 2 / 3 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 4: 4 / 5 / 6 (Adds 2 / 3 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 5: 5 / 6 / 7 (Adds 3 / 4 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 6: 6 / 7 / 8 (Adds 3 / 4 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 7: 7 / 8 / 9 (Adds 4 / 5 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 8: 8 / 9 / 10 (Adds 4 / 5 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 9: 9 / 10 / 11 (Adds 5 / 6 Energy to Energy Pool)
o Level 10: 10 / 11 / 12 (Adds 5 / 6 Energy to Energy Pool)
· Weapon Required: Staff
· Stat Required: None
· Level Required: 10
· Improves With: None
· Warm Up: 0
· Cool Down: 3

Fireball is not linked with Plasma Bolt if one is changed the other is not affected. New classes came fireball was the weakest skill even at high strength it took over 6 months to correct that.
Plasma Cannon and Bunker Buster are not linked skills. Plasma Cannon Critical damage is a rarity while Bunker Buster I have seen done Critical damage twice in one round. When you get 37 damage or even 20 from a skill that is suppose to ignore resistance it is rather depressing.
When then adjusted blocking equation it screwed up balance even more. Blocking has been messed up ever since the introduction of Shadow arts.
As many mention before it is not the skills that are the problems it is the stats, mainly Dex, Tech, and support, dealing with blocking, deflecting, Critical damage, a chance to go first. So if you nerf any skill that nerf will not solve the problem but bring forth new problems because the underlying problem have not been solved.
Epic  Post #: 474
8/24/2012 13:50:42   
STRUT MY MUTT

No matter how low support blood mages have, they seem to get to go first the majority of the time.

Here's an idea that might balance BM's overpower. Simply get rid of bloodlust. Make them like mercenaries with neither life nor mana regeneration.

Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition