Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 23 of 30«<2122232425>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/25/2012 21:47:35   
Rayman
Banned

TLM IS Fine and this class isnt weak, if you dont know how to use a class, of course it gonna be weak to you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 551
8/25/2012 22:12:22   
Clutch

Look i'm waaaaay too lazy to read all the balance posts here but i'll just put this out there, Support needs to have more benefits. K thanks.
AQ Epic  Post #: 552
8/25/2012 22:46:53   
midnight assassin

What if they make static a one turn cooldown?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 553
8/25/2012 22:48:30   
Mr. Black OP

^
Would still be a bit weak. If they raised it to 40% and then made it 1 turn cool down then it might be fair.
Epic  Post #: 554
8/25/2012 22:48:47   
Rogue Ninja

Maybe make static unblockable but it has 2 turn cooldown?
AQW Epic  Post #: 555
8/25/2012 22:53:50   
Mr. Black OP

^
Being blocked isn't really too bad since many CH have high dexterity, the problem lies in the miniscule amount of energy you get.
Epic  Post #: 556
8/25/2012 22:57:56   
shadesofblue

Solution: Make static give 10% energy back at MAX (after defenses, not raw damage), but make it 0 cooldown! Technically it would be the same as the current Static, since 1 turn use + 2 turn cooldown = 30% in 3 turns, and new Static would be 1 turn use + 1 turn use +1 turn use = 30% in 3 turns. My math might be off, but I'm pretty sure this would still be a buff.

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/25/2012 22:58:16 >
AQW  Post #: 557
8/25/2012 23:20:11   
Mother1

^ Sorry, but I can't agree with the no cooldown thing. Every single skill in the game (other then passives) have a cooldown period so why should this new move get to be used every turn? If this was put into play there would be a ton of complaints about a skill getting a no cooldown period.
Epic  Post #: 558
8/25/2012 23:24:33   
shadesofblue

^Honestly, I don't think anyone cares about complaints anymore; we have way too many as it is. This is probably one of the best solutions to buffing Static, the other being to raise it to it's original percentages while keeping the damage dealt instead of raw damage nerf; but apparently that would let us "Heal Loop" and "EMP Loop", so that's why I suggested this.
AQW  Post #: 559
8/25/2012 23:33:37   
Rayman
Banned

Stop talking about static and leave it this way.
AQW Epic  Post #: 560
8/25/2012 23:36:27   
Mother1

Shadesofblue If that was true, then the staff would have never nerfed CH like this in the first place or any class in general. Every class that got nerfed or buffed was because people complained about it (Like everyone is now because Static doesn't use raw damage anymore to gain energy back) the staff took a look at the complaints and when they saw what the players were talking about they went into action.

Rayman CH are hurting because the staff took the one move they relied on the most and nerfed it the way the str BM needed to be nerfed to be honest.

Personally if it were me doing the nerfing I would have increased the cooldown period by a turn, and lowered the raw damage amount to 24 percent. With it like this heal loops and EMP loops would be harder to do, yet in the words of most CH they would still be able to cope better then this. I mean sure their would be complaints, but like a few others say they would have adapted better.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/25/2012 23:40:00 >
Epic  Post #: 561
8/25/2012 23:45:26   
shadesofblue

quote:

Personally if it were me doing the nerfing I would have increased the cooldown period by a turn, and lowered the raw damage amount to 24 percent. With it like this heal loops and EMP loops would be harder to do, yet in the words of most CH they would still be able to cope better then this. I mean sure their would be complaints, but like a few others say they would have adapted better.

Good Solution.
AQW  Post #: 562
8/26/2012 0:27:23   
Mother1

Luna they did do something about the BM as they did nerf their fireball and their plasma cannon. Also Cindy said that people were complaining about heal loops and EMP abuse. So they decided to nerf the ability that give you the energy to do all this which was static. I guess the figured that a move that works with raw damage instead of actual damage was way to powerful

But on another note if reroute worked the same way everyone would be complaining that TM and TLM are gaining energy way too fast and it would have got nerfed a while ago.
Epic  Post #: 563
8/26/2012 0:49:37   
Luna_moonraider

yep they did nerf bm but the nerf was not effective to a large extent as much as what they did to the ch static charge. ok let me rephrase my last post in other words the devs do not know how hard to nerf a class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 564
8/26/2012 1:19:06   
Joe10112

What if...you couldn't see your opponents build? o.O Would stop build copying.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 565
8/26/2012 1:19:59   
Luna_moonraider

it is hard to stop build copying. well u can hide the skill tree/remove the ability to see other people skill tree off battle but in battle skill tree must be show as it would not be fair if we do not know what skills/what build our enemy have.
AQW Epic  Post #: 566
8/26/2012 1:31:03   
khalidon5000

Why would it make it unfair?
If both sides can't see each others build then no one has the upper hand.

P.S ^ That would make a great new battle mode. To the suggestions!

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 8/26/2012 1:34:32 >
Epic  Post #: 567
8/26/2012 1:59:28   
Silver Sky Magician

^

People will figure it out eventually. Most builds revolve around a certain weapon (robot), stat or skill.
Post #: 568
8/26/2012 2:06:32   
King FrostLich

Dedicated players should be the one balancing the game not the devs with minor/unnecessary nerfs or buffs given to classes. I just wish they would really listen and TEST it before even implementing it which means a PTR server is best.
Epic  Post #: 569
8/26/2012 2:20:36   
Zeoth

Who would be qualified for such a PTR or balance team? Wiseman is a very accomplished player and head of the balance team and they seem to be dropping the ball badly.
Post #: 570
8/26/2012 2:26:17   
King FrostLich

I can be nominated though that would be too boastful but to be honest, this game needs to be balanced not only in classes but also in prices of weapons. Dragon buster is 18k credits and 995 varium while the Dragon Buster II is 14k creds and 995 varium?? Weird enough? No. Vendzookas costs 1000 varium while today's bazookas are only 995. And, the Delta Knight armor is 1925 varium compared to most high level armors....995. It's literally paying 930 extra for an effect that can be simply avoided by not using strike at your opponent. How is that balanced in terms of price and quality of the game? Nope. Clearly out of the view.
Epic  Post #: 571
8/26/2012 2:29:52   
khalidon5000

I wouldn't want a player balance team, because I'm sure that there will be people who will be biased towards their favored class, whether intentional or unintentional.
Epic  Post #: 572
8/26/2012 2:34:09   
King FrostLich

PTR and player balance team are literally different if you ask me. In a PTR, updates happen here first and are tested if they are good or not. If players voted and tested if it is ok, then the content will be updated to the real game itself but that isn't always the case. A player balance team would mean players who are going to make changes in classes but when I meant that, it doesn't mean it should be implemented in the game itself. Plus, a player balance team requires ALOT OF PEOPLE not 2 main balance team like we are in right now. It's like when I made my thesis, you can't get enough information with 2 people doing it because it's considered invalid or lack of information.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 8/26/2012 2:37:34 >
Epic  Post #: 573
8/26/2012 2:40:58   
khalidon5000

Definitely agree with that.
A PTR server to monitor how the changes would affect the game would make alot of sense.
Epic  Post #: 574
8/26/2012 7:42:04   
Calogero

I think the problem would be to find a server for it...

Like I said before I didn't care wether CH had 11 as energy shield or their Static Charge
but for the love of, remove that EMP...

Each evolved class is missing something:
TLM is missing a Debuff skill
BM is missing an energy regain/destroy skill
CH is missing nothing

I say buff CH and TLM back to what they were, and replace EMP with something else...
Put Defence Matrix at Tier 1, Put Plasma Grenade at where EMP is now and give them
I don't care what, just get ride of the EMP

also Yesterday I was fighting a lvl 31 Merc that had Less then Half my Tech, his Bunker did only 2
damage less, I mean serious, only 2 damage difference when having double the tech?

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 23 of 30«<2122232425>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition