Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 24 of 30«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/26/2012 9:09:23   
khalidon5000

Probably because you hit the lowest possible damage, while the lvl 31 hit the highest possible damage.
Epic  Post #: 576
8/26/2012 9:53:27   
King FrostLich

quote:

I think the problem would be to find a server for it...

A PTR server is usually a different server rather than picking one of the 4 servers. Doom can be a nice example but the best way is to create another server in case time will come Doom will be filled again.
Epic  Post #: 577
8/26/2012 10:01:46   
Ranloth
Banned

Of course PTR Server would be great idea. It'd be pretty much like testing but open for ~1000 people and we could give feedback on Forum to judge the changes as well as perhaps Balance Tracker could work in PTR too; perhaps 2 weeks before changes are put in-game would be good enough for Tracker to get enough info, or even a week, and then Staff would come to conclusion based on our feedback and data from the Tracker.
AQ Epic  Post #: 578
8/26/2012 12:07:21   
liy010

Why wreck the only unique skill of CH?

Come on staff, there must've been something else you can do to nerf CH other than get rid of it's more unique skill "-.-

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 579
8/26/2012 14:55:00   
Mother1

Liy010 that is the whole point. That one unique skill has been abused so much it caused the other classes to complain about the consistent heal loops and energy abuse. Also they did nerf something else Plasma armor was also nerfed it wasn't just static. The only difference is that Static was nerfed so hard that they really don't care about the plasma armor nerf just like the last time these two were nerfed.
Epic  Post #: 580
8/26/2012 17:10:17   
Zeoth

They might as well nerf the other passives too. Bloodlust is a must have skill for BM and BH. And health had much more utility in this game. You keep bringing up heal looping and Emp spamming, there's your problems not static. It's the natural tank ability given with a passive armor.
Post #: 581
8/26/2012 17:46:45   
Darkoake445

I have no problems with this nerf to CH, my win ratio has not been affected and my build relies heavily upon SC, you just have to learn how to adapt.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 582
8/26/2012 20:13:28   
Ranloth
Banned

@Zeoth
Well done, they will do so when they get to it. Ashari said already that they will revamp all passives since they are too strong and seen as a must to every build.
AQ Epic  Post #: 583
8/26/2012 20:22:49   
Zeoth

It will be heaven the day I see that. Not to be insulting but I'm curious at how they will do it
Post #: 584
8/26/2012 20:40:25   
Stabilis

@Zeoth,

1 option:

EDITED for viewers: 1 of many options:

Suggestion

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 8/26/2012 22:56:36 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 585
8/26/2012 20:50:45   
Ranloth
Banned

There are more options and it's called self-advertising.
AQ Epic  Post #: 586
8/26/2012 20:52:27   
Stabilis

quote:

self-advertising

I have not received feedback for that likely since it ends on the last post of the page.
AQ Epic  Post #: 587
8/26/2012 22:54:05   
fhiz

Wow, emp needs to go away. One lvl 7 emp will ruin any build that uses energy which last time I checked, is every build.
Post #: 588
8/26/2012 23:05:16   
Mother1

Fhiz not even level 7 a level 3 emp can screw up your build if the person has high tech. Last time I was a CH without even spamming tech and having level 5 focus my level 1 emp did 32 (because the equipment I have has high tech without the enhancements)

But no not go away, but for CH and BH move it to the level 4 tier like all the other classes that have energy drain/stealing abilities. I don't see why these two classes who have 100% chance of energy draining have it in the first and second tiers while every other class who's moves are blockable have it in the 4th tier The balance team was doing their job well when they thought up this idea.
Epic  Post #: 589
8/26/2012 23:29:22   
shadesofblue

quote:

That one unique skill has been abused so much it caused the other classes to complain about the consistent heal loops and energy abuse.

Actually that's mostly just you, Mother1. Everyone else is complaining about Plasma Armor, CH and non-CH alike.
AQW  Post #: 590
8/26/2012 23:35:54   
Ranloth
Banned

False, many people said that CHs keep EMP and Heal looping, not just Mother1.. <_<
AQ Epic  Post #: 591
8/26/2012 23:38:47   
shadesofblue

^Hence the "mostly".
AQW  Post #: 592
8/27/2012 1:06:19   
Calogero

if not removing EMP:
Defence matrix tier1
plasma grenade tier2
EMP tier4

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 593
8/27/2012 3:09:25   
ForTun3

plasma cannon and bunker arent the same!? like really?? that makes no sense what so ever... if plasma cannon was opd then so is bunker! THERE THE SAME SKILL!!!!
anything that you do to one do it to the other...

please either make bunker the same as plasma cannon or return the plasma cannon to its former glory... basicly my lvl 33 merc is on par/better? than my lvl35 bloodmage because of this...

static totally didn't need that ether...

Post #: 594
8/27/2012 3:58:30   
khalidon5000

@Phyco
I was surprised to find out that plasma cannon was nerfed as well.
I think it should be restored to it's damage pre-nerf
Epic  Post #: 595
8/27/2012 4:49:35   
Blaze The Aion Ender

It does hardly less damage, if your merc is better because of, lets say 5 damage max, then thats horrible how close your lvl 35 and 33 are

2nd, I honestly don't care if they put plasma cannon back as it was before, I never had a problem with it, never noticed how OP it apparently was, but I don't think the small damage reduction is as bad as the CH nerf, and even then, play around it, many tac mercs got nerfed FAR worse than you have, so stop whining

skill tree for CH now:

1-1-1
10-1-1
0-6-0
0-7-7

Just a general idea for those dreadfully suffering
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 596
8/27/2012 9:49:45   
ForTun3

it's more than 4/5 dmg coz of the 20%res ignore and the crit chance.. so if i crit it'l be more like 8 dmg missed... and i do it twice so its more like 16
and it takes at-least 20 points to get it back to what it was, that's way too much...
and plus the merc's have the passive armor so yea that's why my lvl 33 merc is as good as my BM...

so yea basically this makes the merc way way better than the blood mage...
speaking of which why doesn't the blood mage have passive armor? maybe just a defense one?

while I'm here on another subject.. hp&mp i don't think we start with enough, like 5-10 more of each would be good.. maybe every time you guys raise the lvl cap you should raise the starting mp n hp by 2-4? so yea do it from the day of lvl 33 so +2-4 for lvl 34 n +2-4 for lvl35 totaling 4-8 starting hp n mp and then continue doing that? basically i think thats the issue not that our skills are too powerfull maybe even give us 5 stat points per lvl as-well or take away the diminishing returns which i think we all hate?

for the mean time i think i might stick to my merc lol... uknow seeing how opd they are now, against the BM anyway i suggest anyone using a BM at the moment use one of there other chars ie a merc lol...

EDIT: i know BM has BL (apparently thats why it got nerfd) but yea we dont have passive armor and mercs do so yea its basically the same) thort id say that before any of you go off on some rant lol

< Message edited by xXxPhYcOxXx -- 8/27/2012 10:01:48 >
Post #: 597
8/27/2012 10:34:12   
khalidon5000

Mercs, OP?
Hah.
Also
quote:

speaking of which why doesn't the blood mage have passive armor? maybe just a defense one?

Bloodlust=/=Passive Armor
Having both = disaster

< Message edited by khalidon5000 -- 8/27/2012 10:35:51 >
Epic  Post #: 598
8/27/2012 10:59:32   
ForTun3

quote:

Bloodlust=/=Passive Armor

and thats why nerfing PC is a bad idea... and yea mercs opd again!!! lol..

EDIT: ive had an idea, theres probably a few ppl who are gunna hate me for it but... if you really must nerf the BM (retun PC to normal)

replace fireball with smoke...

and replace the intimidate with bezurker...

EDIT2: something else, if you dont remove fireball

res? its only for energy attacks so you could change that to e.res
then make the fireball do fire damage not phisical and ad f.res to the defences list and make it rise with support...
then add real ice/frost damage instead of making it take away mana (this will make frostbane etc more interesting)... then ad the res for that say i.res c.res (cold) or fr.res to the list and make it rise with strength... please o please do this :P

if you do this you will probably have to make fire ball do less dmg again coz ppl will probably be less resistant to it...

hang on wait if you do this there will be less tank builds!!! coz ppl will want more on those resistances and then all skills will probably be opd omg...

this stuff is mind blowing no wonder you guys are finding it hard :/ its like no matter what you do its going to mess with something..

< Message edited by xXxPhYcOxXx -- 8/27/2012 11:41:49 >
Post #: 599
8/27/2012 11:28:13   
Stabilis

Mineral Armor and Bloodlust is arguably as balanced as Bloodlust and Deadly Aim.

Which would you prefer guys?

Passive Defense Boost and Health Drain or Health Drain and Sidearm Boost?

Dexterity requirement and Technology requirement or Technology requirement and Support requirement?

Mineral Armor potentially reduces overall Dexterity stats by overriding Defense, Deadly Aim potentially raises overall Strength damage by overriding Sidearm damage. Replacing Deadly Aim with Mineral Armor. Mineral Armor is ignored during rage, so increased damage.

I am preferring Mineral Armor over Deadly Aim for Blood Mage, this is a fine suggestion Pycho.
AQ Epic  Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 24 of 30«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition