Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Stricter anti beginning of match quit policy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stricter anti beginning of match quit policy
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/8/2012 8:44:50   
SS

Probably due to a somewhat unorthodox skill setup (tech mage with no "magic" skills, like plasma bolt or rain), I am faced quite often with the situation where my partner probably checks my skills, sees my lvl 1 plasma bolt (I wish I could set it to 0 and use the skill point for something else, but that's another discussion), thinks I'm a loser (although a quick look at my scores would make them change their minds) and immediately quits, before even making a move. Probably by logging out or server changing. Thus, I often find myself alone fighting 2 enemies of approximately the same levels as me, which is quite frustrating.
I don't know if they get a lost match in their records or not (never tried it myself), but even if they do it seems not enough to deter such a behavior, so I would suggest a stronger incentive to stay in the game or a bigger punishment for quitting before the match is over or your character is dead. Like losing money or the ability to play for a period of time, or maybe someone can suggest something better.

< Message edited by SS -- 8/8/2012 8:46:33 >
Post #: 1
8/8/2012 12:25:54   
DeathHound

I couldn't possibly support this, because i do not see any other "Punishment" to quitters. Not only can you not deduct Credits/EXP from a battle because even if you lose, you still get a basic amount. I know this is an issue (and not everyone quits because of that, others quit because they have to go) and i know it's tough, but right now, i see no reasonable way to bypass such a problem. So you're also suggesting a ban or a mini-ban? Not over quitting, No. this would be an issue, and the topic is something small, not worth a ban. I would even go far as to say, "If your partner leaves, an NPC with his same build/stats/level shall take his spot" as the partner leaves, his appearance stays there, but being controlled by an AI able to attack, like the Mechachillid do (But I'm sure this would be pretty difficult to code out of nowhere). Like i said, there is no way of going around the quitting thing without going too far.

< Message edited by DeathHound -- 8/8/2012 12:30:31 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/8/2012 15:41:45   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Halo has a feature like that
Leave too often, and you get in trouble
It's awful, don't put it in here
Not-supported
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/8/2012 15:47:07   
Mr. Black OP

^
It's actually good, that's why most of my matches end with the same number of players who started in them. You also have to quit several times and it's only a small temporary mulitplayer ban, so you can still play the campaign and firefight.
I support, it's a step towards making 2v2 more fair.
Epic  Post #: 4
8/9/2012 7:00:48   
SS

I was expecting some people to be against it, the ones that do the quitting probably have forum accounts too. I hope the ones suffering from it will support the idea.

I don't see what is the problem with a mini-ban. There already exists one, when you press "Cancel" before even starting the match; it's short (maybe 15 or 30 seconds, i don't know exactly), but it's there, even though you haven't created any real inconvenience for the other players. So why not implement a bigger mini-ban for those who quit and ruin the game for their partners? After all, if they quit because they have to, they surely will not want to play in the next minutes, or otherwise they didn't really have to quit, did they?

Replacing with an NPC is also an idea, to try to make the game at least a little less ruined for the one that stays. Even if it's a standard mechachillid, not necessarily an exact copy of the player that quit.
Post #: 5
8/9/2012 7:18:26   
midnight assassin

I support this idea but what if the player got disconnected?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/9/2012 7:28:38   
theholyfighter

How about forget the part about punishments because no matter how harsh the punishment is, there's always someone quitting.
Therefore, I prefer getting ways that benefit the left player(s).
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/9/2012 7:41:15   
midnight assassin

How about the player must win 10 recorded match before he/she is allowed to get credits,exp,bt and influence?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/10/2012 18:15:01   
STRUT MY MUTT

Here's the solution guys.

Epic Duel could create a new "Quit" count on our stats page. In addition to the number of wins/losses, there would be a column showing how many times you've quit. Too many quits would make someone look like a loser quitter and discourage them from doing it.

Support?
Post #: 9
8/23/2012 4:59:11   
SS

This might also work, I agree with giving it a try.
Post #: 10
8/23/2012 7:30:23   
midnight assassin

What about my idea + Strutt's idea? That will be very harsh but worth it.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/23/2012 8:07:49   
Soulweaver Zard
Banned

Not supported.
Some people probably wouldn't care and still do it, even if it meant a bad record.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/23/2012 8:47:39   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

1. They cannot implement stricter policies against running because a majority of runs are from disconnecting, rather than intentional. Stricter policies would do nothing but punish those with bad connections more than anything.
2. There is no way possible to determine the difference between actual connection lost or someone just closing the browser or purposely loosing connection(i.e. pulling a plug on the modem) so you cannot make a section just for "Quits" because it would humiliate the players who don't deserve it due to their connection.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/23/2012 19:44:27   
Sympleton

Epicduel should just disconnect peeps less :P

Boom, problem solved.
Epic  Post #: 14
8/24/2012 4:10:44   
SS

2 Soulweaver Zard: You are totally wrong, imo, people quit in order to avoid a recorded loss, so they do care about the records.

2 The ND Mallet Guy: Most runs are not from disconnecting, but from plain old quitting, I don't know who misinformed you that badly. And these should be punished, because they ruin the game for other players.
On the other hand: if you know your connection is that bad - you are still ruining the game for other players, so either solve your problem or suffer the consequences. Why should the players with good connections and fair play have to suffer because of you? I, for one, also lose the connection sometimes, when the Flash player runs out of resources (it's Adobe, what can I say?), but I agree to pay the price because I understand I hurt other players.

Think of this punishment as an incentive to do something to stop this behavior or problem, whatever the case would be.
Post #: 15
8/24/2012 6:51:39   
ReinXI

@ SS ~ do you realize how bad you made yourself look just now? saying someone who has a bad connection is "ruining" the game, you DO realize high speed internet isn't available anywhere
and that some do have to live with crappier internet ( I have satellite internet myself ) so saying "solve you problem or live with the consequences is like saying "get better or internet or *enter foul word* off " which in turn makes you look like a bad person.. yes its annoying when you lose to a partner disconnecting but you should punish someone who just wants to enjoy the game but may not live where fast net is available.
Epic  Post #: 16
8/24/2012 7:23:27   
SS

I am actually trying to get the quitters to stop quitting, they are the ones that really ruin the game for everybody else, and, in my opinion, 90 to 95% of all "disappearances" from the battlefield are quits and not unwanted lost connections. I'm sorry that the measures I suggest will also have negative effects on those that have poor internet connections, but they are just collateral damage in this case. On the other hand, they do ruin other player's games too, even if unwillingly, so I don't feel guilty about my suggestions. After all, as I mentioned, I sometimes lose my connection too, so I am willing to take responsibility for it, just as anybody else, it seems only fair.

P.S. You don't need an outstanding internet connection to play this game, just any modern one should suffice, it only needs to be stable. Has anybody tried playing on a 56k dial-up, by the way? I'm just curious.
Post #: 17
8/24/2012 11:20:12   
midnight assassin

Actually I have a slow internet connection. It still runs but when I open someone's char page in battle, it lags or the game crash. So I do agree with SS but my net is not a dial-up.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/24/2012 17:24:43   
Renegade Reaper

ok heres what i think would be a better idea:

1. you enter a team battle
2. your partner DC's without getting a turn.
3. an npc is created with the exact build your partner had OR
3. an npc of the same level as the partner who left joins you in battle

npc's are not always the best partners, but if your partner DC's
having an npc join you is far better than being on your own
against two opponents of your own level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/24/2012 17:28:13   
Stabilis

^

What if your partner disconnects on the second turn?
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
8/24/2012 18:10:18   
Renegade Reaper

if he takes damage on the second turn, you get a similarly damaged npc fighter, but you still get an npc.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/26/2012 3:28:13   
SS

An NPC partner is a good idea too, regardless of the penalty applied to the quitting player, because it will give the remaining player a chance, but I think it is quite difficult to implement, so it's a longer shot. I'd like to hear from the devs, what they think about this.
Post #: 22
8/29/2012 6:28:50   
SS

Update: the quitting in the beginning of the match seems to become epidemic, as now I see players quit in around 1 out of 5-7 matches. I even saw a player that dropped a "gg" before quitting after evaluating the situation for 3 seconds. Is it only me who thinks that this has to stop?
Post #: 23
8/29/2012 8:48:16   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

We actually had something like this in the past. There was a "run" button, and players would be punished for running too often by having their battle privileges suspended. The issue with implementing something like what you're suggesting is that it's impossible for the system to detect who closed their browser window, whose internet deride, who tripped over the computer cord, etc. It's also possible that you happen to be getting players whose battles fail to start.
Post #: 24
8/29/2012 9:11:44   
SS

I know that "it's impossible for the system to detect who closed their browser window, whose internet deride, who tripped over the computer cord, etc.", and I didn't say that's needed. A punishment that would be acceptable for an occasional accident, but harsh enough to deter quitting as a habit, is what I'm suggesting, not detecting who and how did it. For example to get 3 recorded losses for a quit (3 should be enough, but if not - 5 or even 10).

And no, it's not possible that I "happen to be getting players whose battles fail to start", because those players just don't appear in the battle at all, while the ones I'm complaining about quit after 5-10 seconds, or even after the first move, if the situation is not favorable to them.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stricter anti beginning of match quit policy
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition