Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Mage and the Friend

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> The Mage and the Friend
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2012 14:23:09   
Imaru

Slowly he strode through the forest. This was his home, and he knew that the only way to protect it was to give it sentient life. But im getting ahead of myself, your probably wondering who he is, and why this forest is in danger. Let me start over.

There once was a mage named Alu’ Klevia. He was a smart young man, who at a young age, found solice and peace within the woods. The Forest it seemed, respected him, and almost seemed to yearn for his company. Once when he was a child, he was being chased by a group of bullies from his town. He climbed a tree, and the group of vagabonds started to build a fire at its base. Alu’ did the only thing he could. The only thing that felt right within each and every fiber of his being. He called to the Avatars, and prayed that he could have the power to protect himself, and the Tree that was holding him. Slowly the fire began to spread, and when he opened his eyes, he screamed in defiance and rage. The forest came to life at his call, and vines wraped around the unexpecting bullies. Roots threw dirt unto the fire, and the bullies tore free of the vines, fleeing in fear.

But Alu’ did not pursue them. At a young age, even he knew that would be wrong. That he would be just like them. He showed his parrents his new gift, and they immedatly enrolled him into a school for mages. Every afternoon, Alu’ would return to the forest, and he would tell stories about his day to the tree that saved him. The tree he saved. As he grew older, he became more and more distant from other people, and his magic grew more and more powerful. Soon rumors spread that the forest was enchanted, that spirits resided with. And that a Mage protected the forest from all threats. The Forest thrived, and the tree that Alu’ had bonded with, which was only a meer 30ft high, rose to the height of 150ft. The forest grew thick and abundant with life, and then Alu’ left.

He was sent to another school in Swordhaven, where he could learn to better focous his natural affinity for the earth. But he felt out of place among his peers in the grand capital city. And left. At the age of 22 Alu’ returned to the forest and was distraught about what he found. As rumors spread about the forest, People had begun to grow fearful, and in there fear, had begun to cut down the forest. Immidiatly Alu’ went to the forests center, and found the tree he called Friend.

“I want to save you…. But I…. I don’t know how.” he started to sob.

2 days had gone by, and more then a hundred trees where taken down before he came up with a plan. In fact, that plan had come to him in a dream. He saw the forest fighting back, saw it coming to life. And in the Center of the forest, chained to the tree called Friend, was the skeleton of a mage he knew well.

Slowly he strode through the forest. This was his home, and he knew the only way to protect it, was to give it sentient life. The only way to protect it, was for him to die. He approached the tree called Friend, and he smiled. The tree now stood 234 feet in the air, and it was still growing. With a simple spell, he conjoured the chains, and they bound him to the tree. He rested his head back against the tree, and closed his eyes.

Im sorry my friend, but this is the only way.

He would open his eyes, and in a sudden movement, would plunge a wooden athame into his chest, and uttered a spell, that bound his life force to the tree. As his eyes closed for the last time, he hear a voice in his head.

Your sacrifice, shall not go in vain.

A smile drifted across his face as journal fell to the ground. He had writen his story in haste, so that anyone who came across this site, would know, that the Athame, was what kept him bound, and to never remove it, as the forest would then die.

The forest fought off its attackers and fell into a sleep, only to awaken, when ever a threat approached.
AQ DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> The Mage and the Friend
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition