Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New Bot
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2012 17:15:16   
Nexus...

So I'm exile, and I just picked up the new bot. I love how there is an option for both a Credit and Varium version, and how both are the same in terms of overall power. However, I am somewhat disheartened by the fact that the developers just made the Gamma Bot pretty much irrelevant. A rare bot becomes permanent in game, with updated artwork, and a better special, with the only real cost being a couple of damage. This bot is absolutely unoriginal, and I could think of 10 different specials they could have used that arn't as game breaking as Azraels bot, but would be original and wouldn't steal from a previously released, now rare, Robot (see suggestion thread?). They could have at least made the attack Energy, and the special Physical, right? It just seems that for every thing they get right, they must mess something else up, whether intenionally or unintentionally. Is that going too far (apparently yes)?

What do you guys (and gals) think? Discuss.

Prophet
*PS
I had a similar reaction when the released the eggzookas. At the time it just didn't seem fair that people were running around with an updated version of my rare weapon. To this day I am still somewhat upset with how the staff handled it.

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/11/2012 17:31:06 >
Epic  Post #: 1
8/11/2012 17:22:22   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I'm fine with the bot
Although, it is very underpriced
Now everybody has a chance to get a different-looking gamma bot

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/11/2012 17:25:26   
Calogero

This is Alpha Armor vs Delta Armor all over again but then for the Bots...

Everything gets outdated eventualy

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/11/2012 17:26:39   
xGreen Warriorx

@ Nexus
I have to say that I agree, mostly. I feel like its just an extremely OP version of the Gamma bot, but it isn't rare. I actually expected it to be limited rare, it sounded so OP in the design notes. There needed to be another bot with both an energy and physical attack, but I think the Infernal Android needs some sort of imaginative nerf besides just reducing its dmg (trying to think of something but haven't yet).
Edit: fixing some typos.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 8/11/2012 17:29:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/11/2012 17:26:35   
Stabilis

quote:

It just seems that for every thing they get right, they must mess something else up, whether intenionally or unintentionally. Is that going too far?

Yes.

To me the Android's special attack is... how should I say this... not moderate? There must be a limit to the damage that it inflicts. I believe that it is 91. In my own opinion, 50 is high enough, but I have no mathematical/statistical proof for that. I have no idea as to how high any attack's damage should be.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
8/11/2012 17:27:46   
Nexus...

quote:

Thats not the point. The Gamma Bot didn't need to become outdated, where an armor does (I guess). The advantage of releasing more bots, is not their power, but their special. However, with this decision the new robo got an unoriginal special that does nothing more then make the Gamma Bot look bad. Doesn't make sense to me.

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 6
8/11/2012 17:30:52   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Yeah, I feel like its the same bot twice.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/11/2012 17:31:02   
Oba

^ So it was necessery to replace founder armor with a new armor. But not to replace gamma bot with a new bot? ..Yeeeaaaaaahhhhh, sounds about right.

Maybe its more like, you didnt have founder armor and had to get a better armor then that, and now youre mad because people are able to get a bot stronger then yours?

As Calogero said, this is just as it was with Founder armor. Founders (most of them) wanted to keep founder armor strong, while non-founders wanted it to get replaced.

Now, Gamma players with gamma but want to keep their gamma bot as the strongest, while... erm "non-gamma-bot-owners" want it to get replaced.

< Message edited by Oba -- 8/11/2012 17:35:55 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/11/2012 17:33:36   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Founder armor is like lvl 30. The cap is 35. How can you not replace it? Anyways, mainly I just think the android should be rare like gamma.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
8/11/2012 17:35:59   
Rayman
Banned

Bots are way to diferent to be replaced, It dont have a lvl Req and it doesnt have enhancements.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/11/2012 17:36:29   
Nexus...

quote:

^ So its necessery to replace founder armor with a new armor. But not to replace gamma bot with a new bot? ..Yeeeaaaaaahhhhh, sounds about right.

Sorry, I don't think you read my response, or you are getting overly aggravated for no apparent reason. As far as I know, the new bot is not a package special (like Founder Armor or Delta Armor). Furthermore, as I already stated, this is not about power, but rather about variety. There is no good reason (that I can tell), to use/enhance a special, from a now rare bot, and make it accessible to pretty much everyone in game. Armors gain defense/res/stats which have always upgraded each level, where robots really gain nothing but a new special. New specials is the point of releasing new bots. I don't know about founder armor, I don't really have an opinion in that area, so don't accuse me of being a sympathizer. I am just trying to make sense of this somewhat thoughtless decision.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/11/2012 17:39:13 >
Epic  Post #: 11
8/11/2012 17:39:02   
xGreen Warriorx

@ Rayman and Nexus.
Very true. Maybe the Infernal androids special should be changed to a multi attack (that doesn't do very much dmg) or something.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 8/11/2012 17:40:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
8/11/2012 17:39:18   
Oba

quote:

Founder armor is like lvl 30. The cap is 35. How can you not replace it? Anyways, mainly I just think the android should be rare like gamma.

Yea it is, and gamma bot released when the lvl cap was, like 31-32. Its about time this bot gets replaced aswell. And I just assume that after this war is over, the bot eventually will become rare aswell. Remember that Gamma bot was sold in game aswell and everyone could get it. (Varium players atleast.)

And I for one have never seen a special ability like this before (other then on the Vault door), but maybe I just missed a bot that also had this special.

< Message edited by Oba -- 8/11/2012 17:41:03 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/11/2012 17:43:19   
Nexus...

quote:

And I for one have never seen a special ability like this before (other then on the Vault door), but maybe I just missed a bot that also had this special

There were many other options for a special that would not have stolen and enhanced upon the Gamma Bots special (as this one has done), and could have been just as viable in combat.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/11/2012 17:45:04 >
Epic  Post #: 14
8/11/2012 17:46:40   
Oba

quote:

There were many other options for a special, that would not have stolen and enhanced upon the Gamma Bots special (as this one has done).

So basically you're upset for the look of the skill/the animation? Because as far as I can tell, Gamma bot dont become stronger after turns and therefor I dont really see it as a enhanced version of gamma bots special ability.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/11/2012 17:48:20   
forcefear699

I love the new bot with malf and around 3 turns i usually hit 16,16 which isn't that bad and it will probably turn rare after sales stop for it
Epic  Post #: 16
8/11/2012 17:49:16   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

^ This. Ability may be strong but we have no info from Devs how it exactly works nor if it's coded properly (especially after some people's posts) so judging the Bot is really not right just yet + above quote. Also underpriced isn't really on place here.. We did fight for the Bot for a month to get it and deserve some sort of reward so low price is perfect.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
8/11/2012 17:49:45   
xGreen Warriorx

@Oba
I personally don't care about the animation, the android is just too OP, and it's a 100% dmg bot like gamma.

Edit: @Trans
That's exactly why I completely agree with low price.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 8/11/2012 17:52:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
8/11/2012 17:50:40   
Nexus...

Gamme Bot had both a Physical DPS for its normal attack, and an Energy special DPS skill, as well as the highest DPS in game. The new robot, has a slightly lower DPS overall, with a special which has the potential to do way more energy damage then the Gamma Bot ever could have done. I don't know why you are so hostile towards this concept. They took the ONLY energy DPS Robot special in game, enhanced it, and gave it to a robot that can be purchased by anyone. Seems pretty screwed up.

quote:

^ This. Ability may be strong but we have no info from Devs how it exactly works nor if it's coded properly (especially after some people's posts) so judging the Bot is really not right just yet + above quote. Also underpriced isn't really on place here.. We did fight for the Bot for a month to get it and deserve some sort of reward so low price is perfect.

We know how it works now, and that is what this discussion is about, not what the Bot will be a couple months from now.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/11/2012 17:53:34 >
Epic  Post #: 19
8/11/2012 18:00:40   
Oba

quote:

Gamme Bot had both a Physical DPS for its normal attack, and an Energy special DPS skill, as well as the highest DPS in game. The new robot, has a slightly lower DPS overall, with a special which has the potential to do way more energy damage then the Gamma Bot ever could have done. I don't know why you are so hostile towards this concept. They took the ONLY energy DPS Robot special in game, enhanced it, and gave it to a robot that can be purchased by anyone. Seems pretty screwed up.

Im not hostile, I just dont get how this is a enhanced version of gamma bot. Its like saying that all armors with +resistance is a enhanced version of founder armor..

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
8/11/2012 18:02:41   
ScarletReaper

@nexus Things get outdated and improved upon in these kind of games. You really expected gamma bot to be the best forever? Personally I'm glad they made a bot like this. How is it any different than what they did with assault bot and rusted assault bot? Same concept.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
8/11/2012 18:05:46   
Rayman
Banned

Gamma bot is supposed to be the best Damaging Bot In my point of view.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/11/2012 18:05:54   
Nexus...

quote:

Im not hostile, I just dont get how this is a enhanced version of gamma bot. Its like saying that all armors with +resistance is a enhanced version of founder armor..

Gamma bot had the first energy DPS Special, founder armor didn't have the first resistance. Resistance is a game mechanic, the Gamma Bots robot special is pretty much just a skill. The new robot special takes the ONLY DPS Special in game, which is now rare, and could only be purchased for Varium, and makes it look laughable while also allowing it to be purchased by everyone. Maybe making armors that were better than Founder Armor was wrong, but I don't see how the game could have progressed with everything else (weapons, sidearms, and auxiliaries) evolving every level. However, there were many viable alternatives for this special that would have been just as powerful; but instead they chose to rip off and enhance something that is rare, and the first of its kind. Get it? What you are saying makes no sense.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/11/2012 18:07:59 >
Epic  Post #: 23
8/11/2012 18:07:17   
Shadow Jester

OP bot is OP

This bot brought back tanks and focus builds
The bot is like "I'M FIREEENNN MAH LAZERRRRR"
and its weird.

I keep winning even though they rage use it. It bothers me though
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/11/2012 18:10:16   
Oba

Well there is no point in going on with this discussion, I do not think its a enhanced version of gamma bot, while you obviously do.

quote:

This bot brought back tanks and focus builds

That is actually why I like it. Maybe this is a start of killing every freakin' STR abuser.

quote:

Gamma bot is supposed to be the best Damaging Bot In my point of view.

Im quite sure it was supposed to be the strongest bot (and that it have been for a long, long time now). But then again, so was the beta weapons.

< Message edited by Oba -- 8/11/2012 18:12:18 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New Bot
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition