Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Bot
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2012 20:27:14   
unQualified
Banned

definately OP , some people bought the 10k pack just for the gamma bot... and now this bot came out. I had 36-44 resist and on the 5th turn , raged 70 on me..
DF  Post #: 51
8/11/2012 20:27:17   
shadesofblue

@Dunk

Tell me a bot that's stronger than this one :P And no, Azrael is not stronger than the Infernal Android.

EDIT: Also, the Rusted Assault bot was usuable in any build, unlike this one, which requires high focus to be used effectively. I feel like this is limiting players toward one kind of build.

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/11/2012 20:31:04 >
AQW  Post #: 52
8/11/2012 20:30:57   
Nexus...

quote:

The new robot is cheap, its awesome, does amazing damage, has great animations, buyable for credits or varium and STILL some people complain about, I don't understand the epicduel community :/

Nobody in this thread ever really disagreed with any of this. The point I have been trying to make this entire time, is that the developers easily could have avoided making Gamma Players unhappy by introducing a bot with an original special, not one that is ripped from a now rare promo bot. I don't know how many times I have to say it before it gets through everyones heads. I'm not complaining about how powerful it is (although shadesofblue makes a good point), I'm not complaining about how cheap it is (I agree this helps lessen the var/non var gap), or how amazing it looks (new art is awesome), I'm upset that they chose to rip and enhance a special from a rare Robot that I payed Varium for, and whose skills I expected to remain timeless. With so many options, it just doesn't seem right, especially since they could have easily made an original special for it that was just as viable in combat.

Whats done is done, I just hope everyone understands the intent of this post, and stops interpreting it all as "complaining."

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 53
8/11/2012 20:35:00   
Ranloth
Banned

So you say.. no Bot ever can have same attack as Gamma because Gamma has it and that's it + new one has effect? Perhaps effect wasn't feasible in Gamma in the first place + Gamma Bot was first of its kind + perma rare so that's a bit of uniqueness. So it's like saying.. We must destroy all weapons but leave 1 for each section (Swords, Staves, Wrist Blades and Mauls) because they have no effect and are pretty much carbon copy with newer art and perhaps different stats.
Evolve or Die, simple as. Game is evolving otherwise there'd be no War or this Bot, I'd rather want the game to evolve rather than die and same applies to players; you cannot use one item and hope it'll be the best forever.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
8/11/2012 20:41:24   
Mother1

Ok to Shadesofblue. How is having 4/5 focus being a tank? Last I checked tanks were the players who spammed dex and tech while leaving strength and support weak. Having a 4 or 5 focus is more of a balance thing than a tank thing and surprising what the admins were trying to promote.

Now onto the enhancement thing. I am not sure if you are talking about game play enhancements (suck as technician or reflex boost) or weapon enchancements, but that is all part of the game. Besides Varium players usually have the advantage over non varium players and yet Varium players don't always beat non varium players. Heck I lost to them many times and I was suppose to have the advantage. The same thing can be said with this as well.

Also as for the people who you are claiming are at a disadvantage yes and no with this. they are only at a disadvantage if the duel goes on too long since the bot's ability improves with the length of the duel like the delta vault did. If you finish the duel quickly or don't let the duel go on for too long their isn't a problem.
Epic  Post #: 55
8/11/2012 20:50:14   
Stabilis

I do suppose my Beta Brutalizer was ripped off when I replaced it with a Charfade's Club. By the way I love that thing, the Club. Just thought I should tell you. OK shutting up.

I do see that the rare special is now a fad as the new special is replacing it. Even rivalling it's power. What we have to accept though, is that the entire ED staff is working for multiple causes. Some motivations could be deadlines and due dates that squeeze creativity. Some may be to stress their skills. In the end, the staff group works for the need to work for a wage and make us happy with what they can do to EpicDuel. I sold my Gamma Bot because of the Robot nerf. I did not do so because that was what I preferred, but I have to accept that EpicDuel evolves with time and parts of me in this game lose their novelty. I sold Frostbane because I found a better Physical sword, Azrael's Bane (Physical Primaries are still better than Energy Primaries in my experience).

I am sorry that the Android may have killed your Gamma Bot in your perspective Nexus. I became angry when the features I cherished became irrelevant in the global view of things (teleportation in Delta V vs. houses). I wish to see you feel better as soon as possible, I understand as well even if just a little that what makes me special is undermined by the features of the current society.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 8/11/2012 20:51:10 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 56
8/11/2012 20:57:22   
ScarletReaper

Like I said before, how is this any different than when they released rusted assault bot? I know assault bot isn't rare, but they made the exact same bot for credits only. yes they made the attack weaker, but the exact same special, which was the main reason people wanted it in the first place. Same thing happened here only with a rare bot. did people complain this much when rusted assault bot came out?

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 57
8/11/2012 20:59:03   
shadesofblue

@Mother1

Ok here's the 5 focus build I made.
16-20 +35 Primary (51-55)
16-20 +35 Gun (51-55)
13-16 +39 Aux (52-55)
31-38 +5 Defense (36-43)
25-30 +5 +11 Resistance (41-46)
105 Health
Bot: 24-28 +30

1) I don't know about you, but 36-43 Defense and 41-46 Resistance seems slightly tanky.

2) I was talking about weapon enchancements. If non-varium players choose not to/ cannot use enchancements, then making a good build with the Infernal Android will be hard, since using a 5 focus build takes quite a bit of enchancements (or your health suffers heavily). If they choose not to use the Infernal Android, they will be at a disadvantage, as I stated earlier.

3) Uh-Oh. This is pushing players to either use the Infernal Android, or use a lot of STR to kill players quickly. What happens to the players who choose not to use either? To counter the bot, players will either use a lot of STR, or use the bot themselves. And both of those builds, if used right, can be very powerful, leaving little room for other builds.

EDIT: ^Players did complain a lot at first, but then as time passed, they got used to it. Who knows, maybe the same thing will happen with the Infernal Android :P

< Message edited by shadesofblue -- 8/11/2012 21:06:07 >
AQW  Post #: 58
8/11/2012 21:20:01   
Nexus...

quote:

So you say.. no Bot ever can have same attack as Gamma because Gamma has it and that's it + new one has effect? Perhaps effect wasn't feasible in Gamma in the first place + Gamma Bot was first of its kind + perma rare so that's a bit of uniqueness. So it's like saying.. We must destroy all weapons but leave 1 for each section (Swords, Staves, Wrist Blades and Mauls) because they have no effect and are pretty much carbon copy with newer art and perhaps different stats.
Evolve or Die, simple as. Game is evolving otherwise there'd be no War or this Bot, I'd rather want the game to evolve rather than die and same applies to players; you cannot use one item and hope it'll be the best forever.

Let me put this in perspective for you specifically, even though I have already said what I am about to say before. A weapon, an armor, a sidearm, or an auxilliary all have 2 things in common:

1. Stats
2. Damage

Both of these things are game mechanics. Stats effect the damage output for all of your weapons, as well as all of your skills. Robots as a whole are a game mechanic, but the skills housed within most Robots are not. You might ask why? Because instead of supplying stats, a robots skills are effected by stats. STATS need upgrading in order for the game to evolve, SKILLS do not. That is the difference here. Its like when they introduced the new classes, if they had taken Malfunction from a Tech Mage, given it to a Cyber Hunter, and then buffed it 5 damage more per tier. Would that be fair, no, because the original skill is weaker, and so those with a newer skill have an advantage over those with the original. The sensible thing to have done, in this little scenario of mine, would have been to make a new skill altogether, with a different effect that is JUST as viable as the skill they were going to make stronger. Now I know this may seem confusing, but please read through it again. Weapons of all kinds provide stats, stats are a game mechanic. A robot, nor its skills, provide stats, but are instead effected by them. Stats and damage evolve to make us more powerful, NOT skills. Damage becomes a subsidiary of stats, as stats are what effect damage (along with the base damage). Once again, skills do not need to evolve (thats the flaw in your argument), stats do. There was no need for an evolution of the Gamma Bots rare special in order for the game to progress, they could have, and should, have created a new equally viable special instead.

quote:

I am sorry that the Android may have killed your Gamma Bot in your perspective Nexus. I became angry when the features I cherished became irrelevant in the global view of things (teleportation in Delta V vs. houses). I wish to see you feel better as soon as possible, I understand as well even if just a little that what makes me special is undermined by the features of the current society.

I understand what you are saying, and I suppose you are right, I guess I am just glad at this point that someone understands what I am saying.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 8/11/2012 21:24:46 >
Epic  Post #: 59
8/11/2012 21:33:52   
Minus123

@shades
People don't need to buy the bot, it's not like anyone has come up with an unbeatable build (yet).

Edit: reply to your post on previous page.

Edit#2: As stated, non variums will be at a disadvantage faced with a varium player who uses this bot with 5 focus, but don't non variums have trouble with variums anyway? All this bot does is give us another potential build, since having a focus build with the rusted assault bot sucked.

< Message edited by Minus123 -- 8/11/2012 21:46:48 >
Post #: 60
8/11/2012 21:34:13   
Nub Apocalypse

I thought the bot was a good reboot for focus builds, time to change xD
Post #: 61
8/11/2012 21:40:27   
doomturtle

I think this bot was released for tank builds to counter strength builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
8/11/2012 21:44:09   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@minus

Challenge me.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/11/2012 21:49:27   
Minus123

^
I'd lose either way in a 1 vs 1, I'm not that experienced in the mode, and I'm a non varium. (Not one of the top either, but I do have some of the best gear a non varium could get)

If you really think that your build is unbeatable, let a well known varium player make a build to counter it, since not all builds can be made effective by a non varium afterall.
Post #: 64
8/11/2012 21:51:22   
shadesofblue

No build is unbeatable.
AQW  Post #: 65
8/11/2012 21:54:05   
Minus123

^
Yes true, but there are builds that can go 200 wins without ever losing, take for example the techmage build with the beta weapons a few months back. Then I will restate it, almost unbeatable

Edit: He did challenge me on the grounds of an unbeatable build (I assume, since he said fight me after my previous post)

Now back on topic, one thing I would nerf on the bot is it's special, just make it blockable.

< Message edited by Minus123 -- 8/11/2012 21:56:16 >
Post #: 66
8/11/2012 21:56:25   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@Shadesofblue
With a little luck; your right. Anybody remember the 100% juggernaut builds?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
8/11/2012 22:01:33   
Mother1

Minus123 here is another one a blood mage build that has high strength. I used this build near the end of the war in the hopes of getting war rank faster, but in all honestly I always have and always will hate this build for it's one two punch kill.

But on another note no I don't agree on that one. Rather make it deflectable like with the delta vault's laser. It would make more sense since it is an energy attack, and at the same time it wouldn't be ripping off gamma's energy attack since that one is blockable.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/11/2012 22:02:04 >
Epic  Post #: 68
8/11/2012 22:03:41   
shadesofblue

@Chosen

Getting DC'd counts as a loss. :P Or maybe you get super unlucky and they block and deflect all your attacks, then crit you every attack.
AQW  Post #: 69
8/11/2012 22:03:45   
Minus123

^Mother1
Ya, I guess a deflect is better

@Unqualified
Mind telling us what round it was for the opponents turn? And it was a rage, so it's bound to do alot of damage anyway

< Message edited by Minus123 -- 8/11/2012 22:04:05 >
Post #: 70
8/11/2012 22:25:56   
midnight assassin

quote:

I think this bot was released for tank builds to counter strength builds.

I might agree with that because I have an idea on how to counter str builds but I don't have the right equips. Anyway going to switch to focus 4.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
8/11/2012 22:29:23   
Nub Apocalypse

While making it deflectable may seem more logical, it would be much more balanced for it to be blockable. If someone was trying to abuse the bot, they would have high tech to go with it anyway, so what are the chances of getting deflected?
Post #: 72
8/11/2012 22:37:31   
Mother1

Nub Apocalypse Remember even with this, it takes time for the bot to power up just like the vault did. Also once used it can't be used for another 3 turns. Besides don't forget in this case you can counter tech with tech. While tech powers up robots, it also powers up your ability to deflect as well.
Epic  Post #: 73
8/11/2012 22:38:31   
midnight assassin

I just want it to be blockable.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
8/11/2012 22:42:30   
Mr. Black OP

Yeah at first I thought people who said how high their damage was got it from lv 1 npcs, now on the 4th turn I take 40 damage with 40 res max without rage. They need to: make it blockable and lower the speed at which it gains power.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 8/11/2012 22:46:00 >
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New Bot
Page 3 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition