Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= August 21 Design Notes - The Dragon's Reckoning

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 21 Design Notes - The Dragon's Reckoning
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/22/2012 18:02:14   
rej

And, of course, i sold my Dragon Buster just a few months ago.

I really wish they would start warning us about possible future item buffs....

Aside from that, the release looks decent.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/22/2012 18:03:02   
Darkoake445

@ND Mallet, I think your post was directed at me and I was mostly just kidding. I don't care if they go back on what they said about rare weapons, it's their game they can do what they see fit with it. I was just expressing how unlucky I was and was in no way blaming the Devs for myself selling the Dragon Buster.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/22/2012 18:09:20   
darksorrow

well, these people do need to make a living, ya know.....
short of in game currency, how else do you expect to make any profit?
be glad the game isn't like wizard 101, where you have to pay to even make progress in the storyline.
back on topic:
i think that we should work together to beat up the dragon thingy.
at least there won't be any complaining from the legions and exiles about favoritism anymore.... -___-
Post #: 28
8/22/2012 18:17:10   
Naruto Uzamaki

The ND Mallet Guy you seem to forgetting a lot good non varium weapons were nerf but on topic fact wiseman said There will be no longer be any buffs including season rare and rare items but LB delete post next day going on about how she didn't know know about about this until she came on. Long story short a lot of people like rej sold there weapons thinking there wasn't going be buff but now they are. you keep on defending staff but this this time we got truth on are side and again they show that can't stick to the word such shameful thing.
Post #: 29
8/22/2012 18:17:53   
Mother1

Darksorrow True this could be the idea for the next war. I can see it now a threat from an outer world comes to mess with Delta V a threat that is so powerful that neither legion or exile can do it alone. So for now the two sides become one, and fight to keep Delta V safe so they can live to fight another day.

Or even a better idea, a new side comes up for those who want to side with the beast and possible invaders.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/22/2012 18:18:30 >
Epic  Post #: 30
8/22/2012 18:20:18   
rej

Since there is no reasonable way that Delta V can hope to stand against the Dragonoid. (I'm sure Cindy will do her best to make a believable story line behind that, but it just can't happen) I vote we try to appease it. I bet it likes cookies.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/22/2012 18:22:52   
King Helios

How do you feed a Dragonoid cookies? That just isn't done.

/votes for feeding it gunpowder shaped like cookies
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/22/2012 18:23:34   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

In order to achieve a more balanced system of play, buffs cannot be guaranteed or handed out on a regular basis.

Second sentence in the quote about rare items. That quote is not a catch all about every item in-game. It's not meant to be worded in a way that it implies items will never be buffed. It was meant to be worded so that it implied that items would not be gaining buffs every year due to their status as a rare or promo item. If the staff want to buff an item then they will. The quote is simply to prevent players from saying "You buffed X weapon but not Y weapon from the Z holiday event, you should buff Y weapon too!"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
8/22/2012 18:25:32   
rej

quote:

How do you feed a Dragonoid cookies? That just isn't done.

/votes for feeding it gunpowder shaped like cookies

1. Simple, you just bake really, really, REALLY giant cookies.
2. It's technically a machine, so gunpowder would either do nothing, or make it ever so slightly more powerful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
8/22/2012 18:30:35   
King Helios

What kind of oven you would use? I can't imagine a Dragonoid-sized Cuisinart.

If we then remotely exploded/incinerate them, burning it from the inside.

It would be soo nice to have a 40 damage auxiliary. If it's 39 for Level 34 Varium, then why not 40 for Level 35 Varium? And 39 for 35 Nonvar?

< Message edited by King Helios -- 8/22/2012 18:35:55 >
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
8/22/2012 18:47:15   
rej

quote:

What kind of oven you would use? I can't imagine a Dragonoid-sized Cuisinart.

If we then remotely exploded/incinerate them, burning it from the inside.

1. We could just seal off a room in the Infernal mines and let it cook there.

2. Nah, still wouldn't help, unless we had several thousand tons of the stuff. Besides, I'm sure he has sensors that would detect the cookie's composition from thousands of miles away.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/22/2012 18:49:19   
King Helios

What if it's allergic to chocolate chips? Then it'll come and kill us!
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/22/2012 18:51:30   
rej

quote:

What if it's allergic to chocolate chips? Then it'll come and kill us!

Well, it's already coming to kill us, so a little more hate wouldn't really matter. Hehe.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/22/2012 18:52:56   
King Helios

/idea

The chocolate chips set off a life-threatening allergic reaction! Somehow! We're desperate, ok?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
8/22/2012 18:56:45   
rej

quote:

The chocolate chips set off a life-threatening allergic reaction! Somehow! We're desperate, ok?

I like the reasoning idea better.

If worst comes to worst, we can always sacrifice Alydriah to it for "the good of the planet."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
8/22/2012 20:33:02   
DunkThatOreo

How bout lawman releases the army in the infernal mines to fight off the dragon while we do a bunch of missions that will assemble a bomb of some sort to blow it up.
Meh I need to quit this game {>.<}
Epic  Post #: 41
8/22/2012 20:41:13   
darksorrow

To quote
"After most of the easily accessible resources were tapped, a battery of turrets was installed as part of a massive planetary defense grid. Thousands of weapon batteries could adjust their trajectories to his targets on the other side of the planet and utterly annihilate targets in space. "
another quote: "However, a mysterious being calling itself Dravax has appeared just outside the devastated turret field heralding the coming of its master and seeking the being known as Char. It's message is simple: obey and receive mercy or resist and be destroyed. "
maybe now a war against this dravax person, to try to restore the turrets in the barrens, to blow up the dragonoid?
i still think there should be a gift for star captains. :D

Post #: 42
8/22/2012 20:56:12   
AQWPlayer

quote:

http://gdsz.wenming.cn/zthd/201205/W020120531365924121359.jpg

Aside from that, the dude with a glowing helm reminds me of Dage the Evil...
AQW  Post #: 43
8/22/2012 21:33:53   
rej

I think I will cast my lot with Dravax. He seems like a pretty legit guy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/22/2012 22:04:15   
drinde

The Slayer must really admire Galanoth, huh...

Anyways, the choice is obvious. Offer Alydriah as a sacrifice to the giant mechanic beast.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 45
8/22/2012 22:08:39   
Sh4d0wMast3r

Wait....will there be a lv35 mutating wep?
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
8/22/2012 22:15:59   
King FrostLich

So no mention of the Back to School items? And about this statement:

quote:

Additionally, the Dragon Buster sword will be buffed to a level 35 Weapon

quote:

As a general rule, no buffs will be granted to rare items. This is regardless of their status as Limited, Seasonal, Promotional, etc. In order to achieve a more balanced system of play, buffs cannot be guaranteed or handed out on a regular basis.

???!!

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 8/22/2012 22:17:06 >
Epic  Post #: 47
8/22/2012 22:35:49   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@king You forgot the second sentence, implying that buffs can happen but aren't going to be guaranteed because of status. It doesn't make sense to make a seasonal rare a promo without giving it proper promo power.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/22/2012 23:00:03   
AQWPlayer

They already stated explicitly that no buffs would be given.
AQW  Post #: 49
8/22/2012 23:15:29   
Stabilis

How come I do not get to be launched at the Dragonoid so that I can grab it for a ride? I grab it's ears and steer it in the opposite direction and for some reason unbeknownst to us I explode nuclear-ly and blow it's head off? OK that sounds a bit dirty but I am tired so sorry.
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= August 21 Design Notes - The Dragon's Reckoning
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition