Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Dragon Weapon Instead of Buffing Old One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Dragon Weapon Instead of Buffing Old One
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/23/2012 20:06:26   
Demon Emperor

@Nexus...
True. The Dragon Buster 2 looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I would like some new art, and trizzcentrino has some here. Take a look - http://t.co/7hfrD5EO

@Sympleton
Are the class specific weapons you're talking about the Dragon Breath Maul and stuff?
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/23/2012 20:07:17   
rej

Yay! I no longer feel sad about selling my DB. Thanks for making my day, Rabble.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
8/23/2012 20:33:11   
helloguy

Ther goes my last hope for this game
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
8/23/2012 21:21:56   
Naruto Uzamaki

RabbleFroth How much will cost for varium price of buying gear r we looking 995 or more.
Post #: 29
8/24/2012 0:15:55   
carabuno

when wil release be?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
8/24/2012 2:45:22   
Drianx

@Nexus
Sorry I disagree with you bro. Paying for a weapon at a specific moment is actually paying for a limited time advantage, not a lifetime boost. And that limited amount of time should be equal for all. Otherwise some will pay only once and benefit for a long time, while others might pay much more and get less benefits, or have only a short-term benefit. This could be called an items lifecycle, and I think there is a need for a good and fair release plan in ED taking that into account.

The most unfair fact in this matter happened when Founders Armor got buffed.
- They first released BigTuna's varium armors. Many people rushed to buy them.
- Then founders complained they got underpowered.
- BigTuna (the former staff member) defended staff's decision and stated that founders armor was not meant to be strongest forever so it was time for better armors to arrive.
- Then some founders decided to join in and bought some BigTuna armors too, for staying competitive.
- Then staff decided to buff founders armor overpowered.
This was a slap both for some founders (because they decided to buy the new armors considering what BigTuna said, thinking that founders armor will remain useless) and for the other buyers, who thought that buying the new armors will provide them a fair boost in order to compete with founders.

I had quit in anger at that point, and will again if such unfair things would happen again.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 8/24/2012 2:46:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
8/24/2012 2:57:19   
SouL Prisoner

I prefer a mutating weapon, rather than a hope less sword....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
8/24/2012 6:47:20   
darksorrow

don't you think mutating weps are getting overused?
Post #: 33
8/24/2012 7:45:08   
AIT
Banned

quote:

It looks almost identical to the weapon I purchased 2 years ago, aside from the fact that NW has refined his technique.

Not does it only look alot like the old Dragon sword, the new parts on this version is just taken from other items, lol. The "horns" is from FrostSlayer, the monster heads on the side is a hunter claw which I cant remember the name of, and the aux. The monster/dragon head in the middle is from the physical mutating wep from the DragonCon event. The "handle" is also a plain copy of the mercenary version of this phys mutating wep.

Its all just in a different colour.

< Message edited by AIT -- 8/24/2012 7:47:14 >
Post #: 34
8/24/2012 8:50:44   
Fay Beeee

LOL. Well this is a world where some of the best items are made from parts 'left over' from other items. So why not? Seems logical to me. lol

Epic  Post #: 35
8/24/2012 8:54:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

the parts from those weapons are all drawn by nightwraith so he can add them whenever he wants to, and u need to appreciate that he actually spent time to create a new sword, u know being at dragoncon means u don't have time to sit there in a quiet place and come up wit something since its noisy. by the way nightwraith good job on coming up with the new promo i love all ur work. :D

< Message edited by TRizZzCENTRINO -- 8/24/2012 8:55:52 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
8/24/2012 9:46:04   
Smackie El Frog

Dragon Golem Weapon ftw! Won't stop me from purchasing it because of looks alone. It's all about whats under the hood AIT

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
8/24/2012 9:52:04   
Darkoake445

Has any information about the stats of the Dragon Buster II been released yet?

< Message edited by Darkoake445 -- 8/24/2012 9:55:14 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
8/24/2012 9:55:56   
AIT
Banned

quote:

the parts from those weapons are all drawn by nightwraith so he can add them whenever he wants to, and u need to appreciate that he actually spent time to create a new sword

I never said that he didnt do them, or that he cant use them. He can use it for whatever he want. Im just pointing out that its some serious lack of creativity on the ED team part. First cindy use MQ for our story, and now NW use old art parts to create new items.
Post #: 39
8/24/2012 10:22:14   
Fay Beeee

^ If you can do better, please post your fantastic art in the suggestions thread. :)
Epic  Post #: 40
8/24/2012 10:32:14   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@AIT i always liked the art in mechquest. and crossovers are often exciting. dragon con is not as important as ther seasonal events so i'd rather b surprized later by nightwraiths new creations like in christmas or halloween. don't u want to see awesome mechas and mechanical dragons in epicduel? the EDteam has spent their time in making the infernal war perfect and released alot of cool looking items for both varium and non-varium players, and im sure they had used up their creativity during that time so don't u think they should deserve some compliments rather than players arguing over their work. the EDcommunity is expanding further and at a faster pace than bfore and therefore if u want to make the game better and more fun to play, perhaps we could suggest new weapon parts for the future, since thats what the community is about.
Cindy also writes interesting and believable stories i know most of u don't enjoy reading but when those stories are turned into in-game cinematics and missions im sure all of u will enjoy it. i hope i made my point :D
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/24/2012 10:32:43   
AIT
Banned

I'm not a flash artist, and I never mentioned that I was better.... smarty. And I cant really say that this really is a fantastic art either, its not hard to take a few parts from items and create something.

Lookie, Im as pro as NW.. http://i46.tinypic.com/3091vzd.jpg

Btw, you're no mod anymore so please stop acting like one. :)
Post #: 42
8/24/2012 10:38:31   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@AIT u photoshoped those weaps? now thats just wrong, those are nightwraiths ideas and parts, and u didn't come up with them in the first place. try doing something thats original from u and show me if u think ur skill is almost or better than nightwraith or charfade.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
8/24/2012 10:53:39   
Fay Beeee

@ AIT
It is because I am not a Mod I can say these things. I am just stating my opinion, like you are and it seems we have a different outlook on things. lol

And please do not TELL me what to do. You may suggest things I do are not to your liking. LOL
Epic  Post #: 44
8/24/2012 11:19:36   
AIT
Banned

quote:

@AIT u photoshoped those weaps? now thats just wrong, those are nightwraiths ideas and parts, and u didn't come up with them in the first place. try doing something thats original from u and show me if u think ur skill is almost or better than nightwraith or charfade.

I dont use these pictures for any other reason then pointing out that that anyone could just "copy and paste" parts of stuff in 10 min. And as I've never taken any kind of PS/Flash lessons, you'd think that NW who have, would do better then this. And if you think that they did so good during the war event with art, I say wait another week and release the promo next friday, with new art.

And AGAIN. I NEVER said I was better then NW, or charfade. Its you and fay who is saying this, and I dont know where you're getting it from. I know I'm not better. I am no art creater, I can barely draw at all and I know it, I dont need anyone to tell me if Im good or not.

@Fay, You were the one telling me to post art in the suggestion section. Again, smarty.... "LOL".

< Message edited by AIT -- 8/24/2012 11:28:38 >
Post #: 45
8/24/2012 11:22:50   
Bu Kek Siansu

AIT, as I can see in your profile, you're a new member in the forums.
So, welcome to the forums!

If you have an idea to suggest for EpicDuel you're welcome to post it in the EpicDuel Suggestions forum. :)

Make sure to read the =ED= Suggestion Forum Rules first before posting to prevent any troubles. :p

I'm excited and I can't wait to see your suggestion thing in the EpicDuel Suggestions forum. Good luck. :D

< Message edited by AVA -- 8/24/2012 11:34:28 >
Post #: 46
8/24/2012 11:30:08   
MrBones

quote:

to have it, and in order to get it I have to pay more money, and enhance all the slots over again.
Its not fair, and every time they do this I feel a little bit betrayed. I think if they are not going to update seasonal rares, they need to have a better enhancement/upgrade system in place, otherwise your slapping all of your long-time customers in the face.

Well I have to say that I agree with Nexus. Now my old Dragon Buster will be useless in a couple hours.
I have to pay and pay and pay again, and this time, for the exact same weapon.

Will we see an AzraelBane 2? A Celtic Cleaver2 ?? Where will this end ?

I believe this non buffing seasonal rares policy needs to be revisited. NOT buffing an item that can't be purchase ingame anymore I understand and totally agree with. BUT seasonal rares should get buffed.

We already paid for the dam weapon. It gives no advantages over newer players as they have a chance to buy the weapon too.

C'MON ED ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

< Message edited by MrBones -- 8/24/2012 11:31:25 >
Epic  Post #: 47
8/24/2012 11:33:07   
AIT
Banned

quote:

I have to pay and pay and pay again, and this time, for the exact same weapon.

quote:

Will we see an AzraelBane 2? A Celtic Cleaver2 ?? Where will this end ?

And this is exactly why they should keep buffing EVERY seasonal rare. They cant just favorite one item which is why Im all against buffing Dragon Buster this time.
Post #: 48
8/24/2012 11:33:52   
Darkoake445

@AIT, That's exactly what he was suggesting.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
8/24/2012 11:36:31   
AIT
Banned

^ You dont say... I just wanted to make it clear that I thought exactly like him and I agree with it.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Dragon Weapon Instead of Buffing Old One
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition