Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=HS= DNs Another Crazy Week! 24th of August

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= DNs Another Crazy Week! 24th of August
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2012 17:06:41   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

quote:

Randor the Red

August 24, 2012
Another Crazy Week!
This week been a busy one as we plan and testing new features for the game like SMASHable (via mouse click) objects (trash cans, lamp poles, fire hydrant and mail boxes.. do all smashables have two words in them?). Another feature we have planned is the phone booth (still in concept stage) where you can change your appearance like at Beleen's shop.

Nulgath vs Dage Battle Poll ended with Tree Trunk of Klunk as winning item (Giant Rare version also in shop!). Join in the newest Battle Poll "Tech vs Steampunk"...winning item will be finished shaded and colored to be added to BP shop and other gone forever!

The HS team is working on different art projects all at once (we were working on updating Scamps Groceries to be a walk around room with food fighting items!). But I had forgot about Dragon Khan (that due to there was not one last year instead we had the 30 days of suggestions). I designed a Dragon Khan booth and assigned the team to start working on dragon themed gear for next week. Scamps is still on list for an update (just no release date). Also we will also be doing something for Labor Day!

While people start heading back to school we will be working even harder as the plan is to get storyline in motion. Since I started as Creative Lead I had not realized there were so many holidays in a year!

Tags: Randor the Red Battle Polls Dragon Khan
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/24/2012 17:11:57   
drDOT

I didn't realize there are so many holidays either!

*runs awkwardly carrying a tree trunk around*
AQW  Post #: 2
8/24/2012 17:13:51   
Postmaster General

/me bulks up before carrying his Giant tree trunk.

Muscle, Muscle, Muscle!

Everyone load up on your leafy greens!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/24/2012 18:39:10   
plebster

Talking of giant versions of weapons, could villainous artillery and it's counterpart be enlarged? They are bOth very nice pieces of art but they are very tiny. Oh yes, I've said this before but I'll say it again: the bp votes need to be a temporary Item!

Storyline, new features, dragon themed shop and smashables sound absolutely awesome!!! Can't wait!

@posty or Randor: Another thing, will there be any more updates to the movie mega plex shop? Because I only ever buy sc items from these types of shops when I know all the content has been released.

< Message edited by plebster -- 8/24/2012 18:40:44 >
AQW  Post #: 4
8/24/2012 18:46:39   
vulkan

^

and can it not be pointing in that awkward direction where you point it, and it jerks down?
Its not a big deal, but it would be nice for it to be fixed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/24/2012 19:32:07   
Red Komet

It seems some fans prefer a primitive weapon

Also The Movieplex gets to have a Venom Based Costume called Ultra Fire Ant
Post #: 6
8/24/2012 21:14:33   
zanathos

Kinda wish Ultra Fire Ant was fully CC, but oh well. I need to buy SCs for The Bulk though.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
8/24/2012 22:01:25   
  Randor the Red

Due to timing restraints Ultra Fireant was not fully CC, if there was a fully CC version it be higher cost maybe Mem/SC version. Also depends if that acceptable and high demand for it and ofcourse time. Full CC items are mainly a Mem perk.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
8/24/2012 22:23:46   
Sir Night

Hulk? Venom? You've just made me a very happy crocodile.

I know this one is a little far fetched, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Think we could get an A-Bomb armor in there? I would also request a Lizard or Killer Croc armor too, but I suspect that there will be dragon armors coming up that will be similar enough to those that it shouldn't matter.
Post #: 9
8/25/2012 3:52:00   
plebster

So was this the final mega plex update for this year?

And btw Wonderp bread has does some amazing art for this shop and i think he deserves full devship with a gold name.
AQW  Post #: 10
8/25/2012 9:52:04   
  Randor the Red

Everyone did a great shop on the shop. New team members get gold names after a probation period. Which for him very soon :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
8/25/2012 11:26:38   
Phoenix Myth

The only thing I am waiting for is the end of Beta.
AQW  Post #: 12
8/25/2012 11:56:11   
zanathos

The Bulk Armor has made my week. I now believe I have every armor that looks like an Avenger. I've got Sky God, PvP Founder, Lt. Liberty, and The Bulk. Now all I need is a hawkeye armor. (I don't really need black widow.)

Funny how even though this release was just awesome items, I like it more than AQW's.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
8/25/2012 14:34:32   
vulkan

meh. im looking for a proportionate machine gun/rifle now my CC armour needs have been furfilled by the anamthesis.
And not one of those ones i mentioned in my earlier post.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/25/2012 17:35:55   
DarkLore

The only reason the treetrunk of klunk won is obvious! Nulgath has way more followers than Dage! Look at his landslide victory he had over Dage in the Evil War in AQWorlds. That changing booth sounds so SuperMan. And I love it! Food fight items sound cool. But How would we buy Dean's snack if its not just a clickable door anymore? I also don't understand that SMASHables thing. Maybe Randor could go into more understandable details.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
8/25/2012 18:33:01   
i1023404

The Blockbuster has been great! I really enjoyed it all. The full CC of Anamnesis has to be the best armour. I am really looking forward to the smashables coming soon! So glad that Nulgath won the battle poll, as it was obvious that he was gonna win with flying colours. This NEW battle poll, I am really looking forward to! I'd love for Polistar's armour to come out!

1023404~.
AQW  Post #: 16
8/25/2012 19:14:15   
  Randor the Red

Ultra Fire Ant has been renamed Retro Black Ultra Fire Ant as its colors are inspire by the old comics when things were done by hand in black ink. CC version and Heads to be added shortly to help complete sets.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
8/25/2012 19:32:27   
zanathos

quote:

Ultra Fire Ant has been renamed Retro Black Ultra Fire Ant as its colors are inspire by the old comics when things were done by hand in black ink. CC version and Heads to be added shortly to help complete sets.

THANK YOUS. For everything. Definitely looking forward to Ultra Fire Ant. I just hope I can get SCs before Friday.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
8/25/2012 19:34:16   
  Randor the Red

Added to Shop!: Ultra Fire Ant renamed to Retro Black and Ultra Fire Ant now available as CC version plus new matching Head Morphs! Retro Black in honor of the golden age of comics :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
8/25/2012 20:42:41   
zanathos

Definitely loving the New CC Ulra Fire Ant, but the SC cost and Membership is killing me. Luckily my allowance just came in :D
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
8/25/2012 20:45:56   
Lord Lee

Thanks for the wonderful additions Randor.

Any more additions to the Blockbuster Fest? A few more weapons would be nice - my suggestions for what they are worth at this late hour are - armored gauntlets & trimmed black cape for the Rat Dude set, a staff for the KnightnGale set, The Bulk Head Morph and I know its pushing it but with the a Hawkeye inspired look would fit well with the Quiver & Bow cape.

I've spent about 8K worth of SCs on this Blockbuster Fest for Bank Space & on the wonderful Ultra Rare SC items updating Astroman's look. Thanks for the Movie Plex revival - from the forum and in game response, I must say its been a resounding success.

< Message edited by Lord Lee -- 8/25/2012 20:48:51 >

HS NPC Astroman
Evil Entity
Dark Saviour
AQ  Post #: 21
8/25/2012 20:58:43   
Postmaster General

@Petey Piranha Plant: Smashable items will be items in the background that you can break. As Randor said in the DN's, Mailboxes, Lamp Posts, etc. Check in mainstreet and click around, you'll see a spoiler message saying Smashable items coming soon.

As for Deans snack. The shop can be moved so that you can still purchase the necessary quest item and still enter the shop.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/25/2012 20:59:52   
  Randor the Red

No plans to add any more item to Blockbuster this year. We need to move forward with other projects. Popcorn shop prob get more items over time as it a perm shop. But next year should be bigger as we hoping to try keep ahead this time. We will each month pick the best new movie of the month do artwork so we be much more ready to stock next year. Question: should there be a monthy movie poll? Only issue members of the team need to have or able see the movie to be inspired by it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
8/25/2012 21:02:50   
Postmaster General

*runs to by lots and lots of movie tickets ^^*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/25/2012 21:33:47   
Lord Lee

Thanks for all your hard work staff. A little disappointed that the Blockbuster Fest is over. But I understand the team has to move on with other projects. Would have loved to have a Retro Black Ultra Ant head morph with animated Venomesque tongue. That would have been deserved a Super Mega Ultra Rare tag like the Villain Fantastic & Cyber Knight sets.

Although animated items do seem to cause excessive PvP lag as I noticed when equipping or opposing anyone with the Flaming (Blue) Spectral Biker Set equipped. Any way to fix this Randor?

The Blockbuster Fest has given all the regular Smashers something else to do besides PvP and chatting with friends. I know checking the Movie Plex for new Ultra Rare items is the first thing I've done logging in everyday now since the Blockbuster Fest started.

I guess its onward with the Labor Day & Dragon Khan releases.

As for my opinion on the monthly movie poll. I have liked the concept of the PvP polls but have not liked the choices Smashers seem to be making. I always feel dejected about the losing item being lost to ingame development forever as I always seem to be voting for the losing item. Only item I've liked from the Battle Poll shop is the rare Giant Treetrunk of Klunk (though if it were a little bigger to differentiate it from the normal sized treetrunk this would be better - I know we had issues with the Tree initially being too big but just a little bigger to match the thickness of the Giant Shadowscythe Arm would be much appreciated).

I think I would feel the same if the monthly movie poll were released as a PvP poll and Smashers again voted against my choice. Maybe we could start with a forum poll - like they use in the other game forums (i.e. AdventureQuest forums). This would also encourage more activity on the forums and forumites would be allowed to voice their opinions on their favorite monthly movies. As for seeing the movie I think wikipedia provides a pretty good plot synopsis.

< Message edited by Lord Lee -- 8/25/2012 21:42:53 >
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> =HS= DNs Another Crazy Week! 24th of August
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition