Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Solution to 2V2 Imbalance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Solution to 2V2 Imbalance
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2012 17:13:08   
Stabilis

This is not intended to be a balance suggestion, this is intended to be a feature suggestion. In team battles we may come across players who do/are/have: disconnect, inexperienced, unequipped... and various negative conditions that affect your team. The worst part is that this may hold you in a disadvantage or your opponents to take advantage of you... for reasons that are beyond your control yet still disable your potential.

This is what our current structure looks like with an example of a person disconnecting at the start:

1 & 2 VS 3 & 4

START

1's Turn (2 disconnects)

3's Turn

4's Turn

1's Turn

3's Turn

4's Turn...

Unless 1 was actually Titan, 1 will be slaughtered. What can 1 do, though, he/she was chained down from the start?

This is what the proposed structure looks like with an example of a person disconnecting at the start:

1 & 2 VS 3 & 4

START

1's Turn (2 disconnects)

3's Turn

1's Turn

4's Turn

1's Turn

3's Turn...

Of course, time flows relatively the same manner as it would if 1 & 2 were still battling. This is why cooldown (excluding warmup) needs to be treated accordingly. To prevent any exploitable time advantages, 1 would receive doubled cooldowns... example:

1's Turn (uses Double Strike)

3's Turn

1's Turn (Double Strike cooldown = 1)

4's Turn

1's Turn (Double Strike cooldown = 1)

3's Turn

1's Turn (uses Double Strike)

In this form, 1 receives a time handicap for his/her disadvantage (partner disconnection) while still allowing the other team a comparable time advantage (normal cooldowns). All other features of the structure still apply.

Here is a demonstrational video I made while playing Arcanists, I created a free account to get this gameplay myself: video

If you do not care for the entertainment value or simply wish to get to the point then skip to 4:50 in the video and see how the game handles turns for the blue team player.

Please, do consider this as a fix to 2V2 imbalances when it matters with 2 on 1 strategy scenarios. From my own experience I can say that this is a fantastic handler of the team mode and I absolutely recommend using it. This is from inspiration, no content is stolen or misused.
AQ Epic  Post #: 1
8/24/2012 19:20:20   
Stabilis

Please delete THIS post. Sorry.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 8/24/2012 19:21:05 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Solution to 2V2 Imbalance
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition