Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Static Charge: Buff Suggestions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Static Charge: Buff Suggestions
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/25/2012 13:26:17   
xGreen Warriorx

Static charge, cyber hunters most unique skill, and what defines their strategy for me, has been nerfed to the ground. I've tried to deal with it by carrying energy boosters and adjusting my build to have more energy, but it isn't working, and I'm no longer having fun as a cyber.
I have several buff suggestions for static charge:
1. Change it back to the way it was: 29%, deals dmg based on str.
2. Make it have no cooldown.
3. Change it to a passive, make it give you energy on all atks, and reduce the % to 15.
4. Change the % to 55, and make the cooldown 3.

If you don't like one of my suggestions, please don't flame, I'm just throwing ideas out there.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/25/2012 13:37:08   
rayniedays56

I like the way it was before, where you could gain 15 EP while hitting a 3 or 5.

However, since there are children out there who say CH is OP, but they love PA (-_-) then maybe increase the cool down.

Static Charge
Like it was before, except that it has an increased cool down.

30% max return with a cool down of 3.

Significantly worce then before but at least isn't useless like the new style.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/25/2012 14:45:50   
khalidon5000

No to all of Green Warrior's suggestions, that is just reversing the buff or making it more OP, Cyber Hunter needed a nerf.
Raynie, your suggestion is much more fair.
Also, isn't this a balance suggestion?
Epic  Post #: 3
8/25/2012 14:57:58   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

Actually,
quote:

On Balance Suggestions
So long as your suggestion is specific, you are welcome to create suggestions here in this section relating to balance. Discussion, feedback and brainstorming belong in the designated balance thread in the General Discussion forum. This means there will be 'nerf <class> nao' threads - as this is a suggestion forum please provide not only the problem but the solution to it.

You can make balance suggestions but no one can post on it at all(why this is useful to anyone is beyond me).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/25/2012 15:01:13   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Lol. That makes a lot of sense. (Sarcasm.) I guess I'll re-post this on the Balance Discussion then.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
8/25/2012 21:27:14   
LeProTurtle

Well, I don't think this would be good because my friend has a perfectly fine time with it, and he's level 31. I think that it'd make CH op again, and they werent to the ground, it was honestly a small nerf in my opinion. The 2nd suggestion would make it CRAZY op. I mean, it'd be like heal looping except with energy.
Epic  Post #: 6
8/25/2012 21:32:23   
rayniedays56

@ Above

Are you a Cyber? Do you have to deal with this insanely powerful OP? No? Then shush, cause you obviouls have no idea what you are talking about.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/25/2012 21:38:12   
LeProTurtle

@Above

No need to be like that, I'm stating my opinion. I think that Cybers are good as they are, and plus they just updated them. I do agree with your idea, however, about making static the same way it was with an increased cooldown.
Epic  Post #: 8
8/26/2012 3:39:35   
SS

Unsupported. All the skills that give you something for the damage you deal are based on the actual damage dealt, not the raw damage, so why should static charge be different? Either leave it as it is, or make the energy gain fixed, but then you get exactly the same skill as assimilation, so it's not an option. The skill was too powerful the old way, this is proved by a great number of cyber hunters of levels 30+, especially since it had a low cool down and was accessible to lower levels, making it much more useful then, let's say, the above mentioned assimilation. The new release just balanced the classes a little, and I think it is a good thing.
Post #: 9
8/26/2012 7:47:39   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Static charge gives you back a small % or energy. Assasimilation takes away your opponents energy. Static charge would not be the same if it had fixed dmg.

Static charge did not have a low cooldown, unless you think 3 is low. It was changed to be be very weak and have a cooldown of 2. It's been suggested in the Balance Discussion thread to restore MOST of statics power, and raise the cooldown again.

I respect your opinion, but try to get your facts right.

< Message edited by xGreen Warriorx -- 8/26/2012 7:48:11 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
8/26/2012 8:26:05   
Mother1

Ok I will answer in order

1 Not supported if this was done it would be based like crazy to get high amounts of energy back. Emp loops and heal loops would return causing a lot more balance problems.
2 Not supported as every move (other then passives and strikes) has a cool down Static is nothing that special were it needs no cool down.
3 Sorry not supported either. This would make it a weaker version of reflex boost only without the dex game.
4 While lower it to 45% and I would agree with it.

However I was thinking more of this.

Have it do 24% raw damage at max and increase the cool down by a turn. with this you could gain energy back that is reasonable, but heal looping and EMP looping would be harder to do. But then again I did mention this in the balance thread.
Epic  Post #: 11
8/26/2012 8:50:58   
spectra phantom

chs had their OPness...time to change class
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
8/26/2012 11:57:05   
SS

quote:

xGreen Warriorx:
^ Static charge gives you back a small % or energy. Assasimilation takes away your opponents energy. Static charge would not be the same if it had fixed dmg.

Yes, you are right, assimilation is too different, I had too little sleep lately. Still, I see no reason for any one skill to be based on raw damage, when all other similar damage based skills are based on actual damage. And I wasn't talking about fixed damage, just fixed energy gain.
Post #: 13
8/26/2012 14:50:56   
doomturtle

I think static should be passive and give you back 15% damage to energy on all non skill attacks. So strike aux gun and robot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
8/26/2012 14:58:47   
Mother1

^ Nope that would be abused worse then static was before. Every since non skill attack would give energy back, and with the way it works this could be consistently looped since strikes are unlimited, gun has 2 turn cool down and aux and robot have 3.
Epic  Post #: 15
8/26/2012 16:10:24   
xGreen Warriorx

^ The percent could easily be reduced to 9 or something like that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/26/2012 16:22:25   
Venomification

I think cyber hunter wasnt overpowered at all, the way it was, was cool and very good, more people buyin evolved classes more nerfing happen (thats my opinion). I would like to cyber hunter be excatly the way it was
Epic  Post #: 17
8/26/2012 17:02:50   
khalidon5000

I think you guys have to accept the fact that you're no longer overpowered, now you have to Adapt or Die.
Epic  Post #: 18
8/26/2012 19:47:23   
Maqximus213

I was a CH and then I went BM. Using Intimidate on a CH and seeing the returns from Static Charge diminish even more is priceless!
Post #: 19
8/26/2012 20:42:50   
AqworldThunder

I've won 450 battles today with Cyber Hunter and my W/L ratio is 93.8%

It wasn't overpowered before, you guys just have to accept the fact that you can't win like varium players.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 20
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Static Charge: Buff Suggestions
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition