Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(AQ) Of Fate And Destiny

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest/WarpForce >> (AQ) Of Fate And Destiny
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/27/2012 0:05:34   
Master K

Link To Comment Thread

Introduction

Lore has heroes...plenty of heroes. So many where it's commonplace. Although, how they got to be known as a hero, what they did to become a hero, or even the stories behind their own mysterious past sets heroes apart from each other...sometimes they emerge from a small, unknown town, or a small farm. Sometimes they trained to become one, or it was in their blood to become one. Fate and destiny sometimes intertwine events to a particular person, and they rise to the cause.

Fate and destiny are important things...though they may seem invisible forces, they work in mysterious ways. They weave through lifes, sometimes drawing more then one together. They tie events together, they cause things to happen, either good or bad. No matter how much you try, you can't change it. Fate and man battle tooth and nail, but fate always wins. It's simply something that cannot be changed.

Or can it...?

< Message edited by mrbk -- 8/27/2012 0:07:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
8/27/2012 0:39:04   
Master K

Brendan

Morning.

Brendan woke up to see the morning rays just shining through...the dawn of a new day. It had been a few years after the incident with the cave and the beast happened...it was his first adventure. The details were foggy, and he couldn't remember much. Although what he did remember was about Kelsa, his friend who was kidnapped by the beast, and Jake, the dragon freed from the crystal...who was also his best friend.

He always wanted to become a hero. He was half dragon, so he had plenty of time to think about it. He was still young, in draconic terms. In human age, he was quite old...he was beyond the age that humans were meant to live...

He shook himself from his daze, and decided to refocus on reality. He gathered his sword, Kioru, and his shield, Aygis, and left his small hut, and looked toward the sun. The sun was positioned low in the sky, so it was still somewhat early. He seen a dark shape zoom past the shape of the sun, and before he knew it, Jake landed in front of him.

"Early rise, huh?" Jake asked.
"Hmm. Couldn't sleep..." Brendan said, looking towards the hut.
"Did you have another nightmare...? I thought you got past that..." Jake said, with a slight concern in his voice.
"You don't simply stop remembering an event like that." Brendan said.

After the Dark Descent, Brendan had nightmares for a long time over the events that happened down in the dark caverns...

"You can't let those hold you back forever." Jake said.
"Well...I don't know..." Brendan said back.

Brendan walked past Jake, and looked towards the morning sun. The trees of the forest were practically glowing from the sun's rays. Brendan began to think...he hadn't been very far. He had just been to Durante's village and back for his first adventure...

Why not explore a bit?

Brendan, feeling inspired, turned to Jake and said "Why don't we have an adventure?"
Jake looked lost.
"I mean, we haven't explored anywhere yet! We've barely made it past this village."
Jake looked lost in thought for a moment, before saying "Sounds like a plan." with a smile.

"Lets go!" Brendan said, getting on Jake's back.
"Where?" Jake asked.
"Anywhere!" Brendan said with a slight laugh.

Jake simply shook his head, and took off into the morning sky.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/27/2012 14:34:35   
Master K

Brandon

HATE, HATE, HATE!

I can't believe it! I lost! I lost the championships! I wasn't good enough for the fire lord! Some guy named Ryu beat me out for the spot! Argh, why did he get the spot and not me! Why wasn't I good enough?! Why?! Was it because I was the youngest competitor?! Age shouldn't matter as long as I can fight. I could tell they looked down on me because I'm a teenager. I knew the skeletal man thought I wasn't good enough. I knew it...Was it because my strategy was different?! I play to win, and my strategy wouldn't get me killed.

Wait.

I know why I lost...

THE GRIFFIN! That beast cost me the championships! Because I showed mercy!
Why did I do that? Why did I show mercy? Or what was it, guilt? Why did I do that?!
I ruined my chances at the championships because of that emotion! I know it was that! I know thats why the fire lord didn't choose me!
It's because he thought I couldn't eliminate my opponents!
I can! I can and I have!

Why did I feel guilt in the first place?! He isn't a dragon! I...that's the only time I'll feel guilt.
I saw...I saw my master for a moment when I looked at him...why...?!
It's been five years...five years since they were killed by the slayers...five years...
Nine years since I had a normal life. Since my mother died in the woods and handed me off to the dragons.

The griffin didn't care. I used my strongest attack and it dodged...of all the insults!!
Why didn't I just kill him when I had the chance?! He ignored me...arrogant beast! I should have killed him!
If I find him again, I'll kill him. I don't care anymore! That beast shouldn't have lived! I shouldn't have showed mercy!

Mercy. Guilt. Pain. Sadness. Anger. HATE.

HATE, HATE, HATE!!!

< Message edited by mrbk -- 8/27/2012 14:35:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/27/2012 19:53:08   
Master K

Emilee

Bren...a wonderful place it was. She had gone on a journey and arrived at Bren, at the time of the Elemental Championships. The city itself seemed built upon the foundation laid by the championships...yearly, these games, to say the least, would occur, and tons upon tons of people would flock to Bren to watch the championships. The city would be alive with activity, with crowds packed into every corner of the city, merchants making more gold due to the droves of tourists and spectators arriving in Bren to view the yearly tradition. The prospect of the championships were something that interested Emilee; the best elemental fighters gathering to battle it out to be chosen by the lords and ladies of the elemental realms to become the elemental champion. Amazing!

Emilee had stayed in Bren as a break from her travelling, and to watch the ever famous championships. The arena she watched in the preliminaries was the Fountain Arena...which appeared to be a high class garden that clashed with an ominous graveyard. An interesting choice of arena, and something that hadn't been seen in years. The competitors, one by one, filed into the arena to battle...

There was a griffin which arrived first, a man clad in skeletal armor who she discovered fought with light, a boy who wielded fire that may have been around her age, a girl with a gauntlet of ice, a monk of wind, a deadly looking woman of the waves, a dark looking man who kept to himself in the graves, and a crazy sounding girl of ice. Interesting competitors, who soon went to battle. The skeletal man, the fiery boy, and the griffin were the most major conflict. The boy started the fight, with the skeletal man joining in. It was the most noticeable fight of the battle which Emilee watched.

The fight went on, and the boy had the griffin cornered...but he stopped? He didn't finish the creature? Emilee found it strange...although when the griffin got up, the boy was absolutely furious, and screamed his history...which sounded less then pleasent. Dragons and deaths? It sounded like he had been through a lot. Emilee had her own past grieveances...mainly, the cursed arena she had gone to when she was younger, and barely escaped with her life.

The fights ended. The battles ended...the griffin left, and the boy left furiously. She was whisked off when the crowd left and swept her away with them. No point in watching nothing...
On the way out she saw the boy of fire leaving furiously from Bren, mumbling to himself angrily. She ignored him, and went on to watch the rest of the championships...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/2/2012 0:18:05   
Master K

Emilee

It was after the championships were said and done...Emilee was walking down a dusty trail in the middle of nowhere. All around him, she could only see plains for miles. There were mountains far in the distance, but he wasn't concerned about them. She was just content with following the trail to where it had to lead. It felt seemingly endless...although she kept trudging ownwards, in hopes of finding a village or something to rest for the night.

Where am I going, anyways...? She thought.

She kept heading ownwards on the dirt trail. The sun was going down, leaving the landscape dyed with golden and orange colors. For her, that meant that night was coming, and she seemed quite far from any sort of civilization. She didn't like the prospect of travelling down an empty trail at night in an area she didn't know...she didn't know what to expect to find at the end of this trail, so she hoped it was a village.

Time passed, and night time had descended upon her. She opened the book that she was carrying, and searched for her light spell. The book she carried was an ancient tome of unknown origin...much of the text was written in some sort of ancient, runic scrawl which she could not understand. Most magi she had met couldn't decipher it either, so she was just limited to using the spells written in lorian...she casted Luminesence, her only light spell, and her tome lit up with glowing light.

She continued down the trail, no civilization in sight...then something peculiar happened. A faint breeze blew, and a butterfly flew out in front of Emilee. The butterfly was a deep cobalt color, and it's wings shone up in the night through some sort of bioluminesence. Emilee stopped, and the butterfly flew in front of her for a short time, before straying off the trail in a peculiar direction. Emilee was intrigued by the strange creature, and decided to follow it...

The thing flew for a long time. It headed towards the mountainous region Emilee had noticed. Within a matter of time, she was at a part of the mountain range. The butterfly lead her up a trail. Emilee felt slightly uneasy, but slightly serene all at once. Within moments, she was at some sort of gate. The butterfly contentedly pitched on the gate, as if it were finished leading her. The gate itself was simply two pillars, with a rugged, open iron gating. There were two ornate lanterns at the top of the pillars that had faint light coming out of them. There was a sign next to the gates.

Hmm...so this place...it's called 'All Saints Village'...? Emilee thought to herself. Strange...why would that creature guide me here?
It seemed...strange. The place felt...ominous, yet...peaceful.

Reluctantly, Emilee entered the village. The buildings were wooden, and slightly run down. Were there people in this village? Emilee hoped so...if the village was abandoned, obviously some sort of sorcery or hex would be at work...she continued on, looking for an inn or something to stay at. She was worn out from her travelling. She carefully strolled through the town, out of some sort of compulsion...

This...doesn't feel right. Why am I still here...? Emilee said.

Suddenly, she felt a breeze blow from behind her. She turned around, and there was a mysterious woman dressed in a white kimono behind her, holding an ornate lantern. Her skin was white against the lantern light, and her eyes seemed to read Emilee. She jumped slightly from the woman's appearance.

"Hello visitor..." She said calmly. "I am Sai. Please, come with me."

< Message edited by mrbk -- 9/4/2012 18:36:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/3/2012 0:31:46   
Master K

Brandon

The championships. They were all that Brandon could think about. He felt insulted, and furious, over how he lost the championships. The only thing that those championships left him with was the need to improve, some scars, and a new grudge to bear. He had abruptly left Bren after he had discovered that his round was over, and he, just like that griffin, was not moving on to the finals of the games.

He was travelling again, like he usually did. He didn't have any sort of home anymore, so he continually travelled from place to place. People seen it as strange; he was only a teenager, yet he was continously on the move, trying to put behind his own terrible past. He hadn't seen his mother since he was six. His town was apart of a war, and his town was raided, so Brandon and his mother fled. She handed him off to a group of dragons and died in the forest...

the dragons took him in, and they became his new family. Unfortunately...they attracted some attention from local villagers, who were concerned about their presence in their forest. Their first instict was to call in dragonslayers...who quickly dealt with the situation. The dragons made him hide, and they tried to fight back. They fought hard, but lost in the end. Brandon, furious and devastated, ran from the site, and never looked back.

Brandon shook his head back into reality. He realized the sun was going down. He was on a dirt trail, which lead up to the base of a large mountain. He could see something in the distance, but he couldn't pick it out. He kept following the trail, until he discovered what he had seen earlier. At the end of the trail, there was a village. But, it was peculiar...the village was ruined. The buildings were crumbling, many bearing scorch marks. The landscape was charred and dead.

He walked into the village, and inspected the area. The area was devoid of people, and seemed to be the site of some sort of disaster or attack. There were ruined merchant stands, wooden houses that were decimated, stone buildings that were either broken or charred.

Brandon noticed one nearly intact stone building, excluding some scorch marks on the stone bricks. He went inside, and seen that most of the furniture of the house was still intact, except witha thick layer of dust upon every surface. He noticed some photos placed on shelves. In the pictures was a family, most likely the ones who lived there previously. In the pictures, there was a little boy, who didn't seem very old. He noticed the boy looked...familiar. What was it...? That they had the same hair...? Same eyes...? The kid's face? It didn't seem...right.

The sun was gone completely, leaving the landscape dark and mysterious. Brandon lit up his hand with fire, and looked around the rest of the house. He found a bedroom, with a bed that was still intact. He decided that he would settle down for the night, and rest. After all, he had been travelling the whole day. Looking around the room, he noticed a lantern on the night stand. He ignited the lantern, and jumped onto the bed, scattering dust all over the place. He brushed the remaining dust off the bed, and laid down. Within a short time, he fell asleep.

< Message edited by mrbk -- 9/3/2012 0:32:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/10/2012 14:59:20   
Master K

Brendan

Brendan had spent the day travelling with Jake. They had spent a fair time flying over various landscapes. First, they flew over the forest towards Durante's village. The forest was quite expansive, and Brendan had already travelled through it before. After the forest came the plains before the village. In the distance, Brendan saw the mountains and shuddered. The mountains hosted the beast's lair, which he had descended through before in a dark descent...a horrifying time. After that, there was Durante's village. It was looking a lot better then when he first left it for the descent. After that, he flew over other landscapes.

The time seemed to blur. They spent time on the ground walking, while Jake rested. Then, they took to the air again. Eventually, after much travelling, the sun was down. They found a small village and decided to take refuge. They landed at the village limits. They walked casually to the inn, and noticed some of the rooms had a balcony.

"Jake, wait out here. I'm going to get that room up there." Brendan said, pointing to a room.

Brendan went inside. The inn was dimly lit with lantern light. There were a couple of patrons sitting around, and a barkeep behind the bar. Brendan approached the barkeep.

"Can I get a room with a balcony?" Brendan asked. The barkeep gave him an odd look.
"That's quite a peculiar request, young man..." The barkeep said cautiously.
"Well...can you?" Brendan asked carefully.
"I'll see what I can do..." The barkeep said.

The man turned around and started looking through some keys. Brendan looked around, and noticed a small weathered poster on the wall. On the poster was something...some sort of man. Brendan got his attention torn back to the barkeep when he came forward with a key.

"Here you go kid." The barkeep said.
"Oh, thanks." Brendan said, handing some gold to the barkeep.

He quickly went upstairs, and went to his room. It was a small room, but it would suffice. He went out the door, and onto the balcony. He seen Jake, and called him up. Jake flew up, and went onto the balcony.

"You can stay here for the night." Brendan said.
"Awesome." Jake said with a smile.
"You stay here...and I need to go downstairs for something." Brendan said.
"Huh? Brendan, what are you-" Jake started, before he got cut off by Brendan going back inside.
"What is he up to...?" Jake said to himself.

Brendan hastily went downstairs, and went directly for the poster. He examined it carefully. It was clearly an old poster. It showed a man in the picture, but the details were sketchy. What the man was wanted for was scratched out. Clearly, someone didn't want this person to be known. Brendan took the poster, and approached the barkeep.

"What can you tell me about this?" Brendan asked, placing the poster on the counter. The barkeep edged away, avoiding Brendan's gaze.
"...Do you know anything?" Brendan asked again. The barkeep kept avoiding his gaze.

"He aint gonna say anythin'." A voice rang out from behind him. Brendan grabbed turned around. An old man was sitting at a table, with a mug in his hand. He wore a ragged old hat and coat, and had a white beard. He looked like one of those magician's you'd see in a fairy tale or a story.
"Why...?" Brendan asked, slowly walking towards the man.
"Nobody wants to talk about him." The old man said.
"Do you know anything...?" Brendan asked.
"Sit down son, and I'll tell ya a story..." The old man said.

Brendan sat down, and the man began to tell a story...

< Message edited by mrbk -- 9/18/2012 15:14:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/17/2012 20:38:56   
Master K

Emilee

It was the next morning. Emilee, the night before, had been lead to a room by Sai, where she could stay for the night. Now, Sai was leading her through All Saints Village. Cobalt butterflies slowly drifted through the town. The sky was overcast, spreading gloom through the already eerie village. Emilee felt that something was off, but Sai was nice enough, so she complied to what Sai told her. Why didn't she see anybody else in town?

Sai eventually guided her to a large abandoned building. When she got inside, there was a woman already waiting for them. She was pale, with short dark hair. She wore a velvet red dress, with elegant patterns weaved into it. She stared at Emilee, with her gaze practically reading her carefully.

"Hello." She said casually "I am Maiyou."
"Maiyou, I found this traveller outside last night." Sai said to her.
"Is that so...? Well, we must...purify her." Maiyou said. She took out a small, black, waxy stick, and started drawing some symbols on Emilees's face. She took her time and carefully drew whatever she was trying to draw.

"What are you doing?" Emilee said warily.
"Don't worry, it's just a custom we do in this village." Maiyou said nonchanlently, not even pausing or thinking about her answer. She finally finished her drawing, and then looked at Sai and nodded.
"Alright, please wait here." Maiyou said. With that, she and Sai walked off.

Emilee was concerned with what was happening. Those women seemed...off. Being curious, she decided to explore. The building seemed like it was old, and it was in tatters. The wall decorations were old, with dust gathering on them. The carpets were coated with dust. Cobwebs were widspread around the rooms. Did they never clean this place? She kept walking through the rooms, until she found something of interest.

It was on a dust covered table. She picked it up, carefully dusting it off. It looked like an a magnifying glass, with the lens punched out. Some fragments of glass remained. However, the whole thing was made of an interesting stone material, which was a dark stone, looking vaguely purple in color. There were faded runes etched into the handle which she could not decipher. It felt...magical. Eerie. Spiritual.

This thing...it feels powerful. Maybe...maybe I should keep it. She thought, and discreetly slipped it into one of her robe pockets.

Suddenly, she seen her shadow in front of her. She turned around to see light flickering from another room. She tip toed her way to the room, and slowly poked her head in. She covered her mouth to stop a scream. The light enamenated from behind a standing blind. There was the silhouette of a woman, who sounded like Sai. She was knelt down, holding in her hands what appeared to be...a severed head.

"I...I'm sorry..." She said mournfully.

Emilee slowly backed out of the room. Her mind was full of panic. Something was definately wrong. She had to get out of this place...
She froze up. She suddenly felt the presence of a person behind her.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/22/2012 22:22:35   
Master K

Emilee

"You've met a terrible fate, I assume?"

The woman was elegant, but seemed...different from Sai and Maiyou. She was dressed in a royal blue robe, which had some black and white trim along the edges. She had long red hair, and brown eyes. She held a black steel lantern that was in the shape of a dragons head, which gave off white light from a white fire. Her skin was a more natural looking color, unlike Sai and Maiyou's.

"Please...tell me, what's happening?! This village isn't normal!" She said, somewhat quieter because of her shock. The woman sighed, and shook her head.
"This village...was cursed, many moons ago, by a horrible warlock. He decreed that the gates of the netherworld would rise upon them. To prevent this, they would have sacrificial shrine maidens to guard the village from the gates of the abyss." She said solemnly.
"It was a terrible rite, filled with slaughter and pain. But the villagers complied, killing young, innocent maidens for their own horrible rituals."

"Well, why didn't they just leave this place?" Emilee said, sounding annoyed.

"The curse bound them to this place, both in body and soul. One year, they had to sacrifice two sisters. However, one didn't want to be killed for the ritual. One young woman from the village gave her a guardian, a spirtual insect to lead her away..." The woman continued. Emilee gasped. "A cobalt butterfly..." The woman nodded, then continued.

"However, the other sister still gave her life to the abyss. Her force alone couldn't hold, and the netherworld broke loose. The shrine maiden and the woman who set free the other maiden bore the full curse, with them being forced to be bound to the village for eternity, upholding a terrible ritual. The villagers bodies withered away and their souls were forever conciously bound to the village. Some, however, because of the womans curse, transcended into butterflies that would fly through this village."

Emilee was mystified. "Those two women...they're Sai and Maiyou..." The woman nodded.
"That object you found...the Speculum Observa...it will help you. I cannot say how...but it will." Emilee realized that she referred to the strange magnifying glass object she found. The woman looked around, and shivered slightly.
"I'm sorry...but my time is overspent. I must go..." She said regretfully.
"But wait! Please! I need you to help me!" Emilee said desperately.

"Oh, and please...give this...to...my son..." She said, handing her a letter. It was written in some sort of ancient script she couldn't read. The woman was flickering as she spoke, causing her words to be paused.
"He'll...understand..." She said, with her form cracking. She gave one last look to Emilee before fading out of existence entirely.

"Please traveller." She heard a voice say. A sharp chill went down her spine, and she turned to see Sai and Maiyou standing behind her.
"It's time." The said in unison.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/22/2012 23:04:03   
Master K

Emilee

"We've been waiting for you." Sai said. She and Maiyou were leading her back out, with a firm grip on her arms, forcibly walking her out to the the town square. It was empty, but was decorated for an event. In the center of the square was a raised platform with a stone pillar jutting out from it, with a burner on top burning with blue fire. Torches were at the corners of the square, also burning with a horrible, blue fire. Cobalt butterflies drifted lazily around the square.

"I-I know what you are! I won't let you do this!" Emilee stammered, trying to resist. It wasn't working; those women had hands like vice grips.
"That's what the last one said." Sai said, laughing to herself.

The stood her up against the column, with Sai forcing her back. Maiyou raised her hand, and said "Piombo piedi!"
Within an instant, she lost feeling in her feet. Sai let go, and Emilee tried to run, but her feet were anchored to the ground. It was if her feet were made of lead.

"Hmhm. No sense in trying to escape." Maiyou said.
"Consider yourself lucky for being a part of this ceremony." Sai said nobly.
"What do you want from me?!" Emilee said furiously.

"Your life." Sai said ominously.

"This village lives on the life force of living beings. We take travellers...and we steal away their life and soul for our own power." Maiyou explained. Slowly, she could see faint outlines forming in the square. If she looked hard enough...she could see they were people.

"Rubare la sua anima." Sai and Maiyou said in unison, both raising their hands towards Emilee.

Within an instant, Emilee could feel a sharp pain at her eyes. It was if something was driving spikes into her eyes...the markings on her head glowed, as did Sai and Maiyou's hands. Emilee felt like her conciousness was slipping away to the ghosts. The ghostly villagers began to become more and more vivid. Was it because they were getting her life force, or was it because she was dying...? In an act of desperation, she grabbed the Speculum Observa from her pocket. She aimed it towards the ghosts. The lens portion began to have a electric sort of force arcing between the shards of glass. The ghosts seemed...more vivid through the lens. She could see a dark aura hang around them through the lens. She could see blood coming from Sai's eyes through the lens, and could see dark sockets with blood dripping down from where Maiyou's eyes should be. She could clearly see the villagers through the lens as well.

She noticed a sort of bump on the handle. With nothing to lose but her life, she pressed the button and hoped for the best. The lens flashed, and Sai and Maiyou screamed. Their image remained in the lens, before dissapating. Emilee could feel the pain stop, and could feel her energy and movement return. The shot from the lens stunned the ghosts. She took another shot at Maiyou, and she wailed and sent a wave of force towards Emilee. She dodged, but Maiyou came charging at Emilee, and knocked her down, causing her to drop the lens. Emilee tried to get back up, but when she tried, she came face to face with Maiyou. Her face was shown true, as without the lens Emilee could see the blood from her dark sockets trailing down her face. Suddenly, Maiyou opened her mouth, and Emilee heard her voice pierce through her mind with a low, sharp hiss.

"KILL ME."

Emilee reached for the lens, and took one last shot. Maiyou screamed out, and the last words Maiyou said in her mind was "Finally". Sai, on the other hand, was still furious as ever.
"How dare you! You insolent girl, how dare you come to our hallowed land and wield the power of the lens on us!" She screamed. Emilee raised the lens and took a shot at her, causing her to stagger backwards, screaming obscenities in another language.

"YOU...WILL...SUFFER!" Sai wailed ferociously. She raised her hand, and utter a phrase.
"NON...HAI...MAI...AVUTO...LA...VITA!!!" Sai screamed. Emilee felt a sharp pain through her head, as if it were tearing away at her brain. Emilee took one last shot of Sai.

Her final words were "I'm coming, Yai..." and she saw two cobalt butterflies fly off.

Emilee felt disoriented. Her head was spinning. She could see ghostly villagers all around her. She ran, and ran, and ran, in any direction. She tripped and stumbled, and rolled down a hill, screaming as her world spun around her. She collapsed on the ground, slowly drifting out of conciousness. The last thing she saw was the cobalt butterflies surrounding her, with a voice breaking through a sort of haze. "Isn't it beautiful...?"

She passed out after that.
When she woke up, she had no idea who she was.
The note for the ghost womans son lay in her pocket, forgotten.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/26/2012 15:04:35   
Master K

Brandon

Back on the road. He spent the night at an abandoned village, which sparked his curiosity. What particularly interested him, for some reason, was the family portrait in the abandoned house. The kid in the picture...it didn't seem right. Was everyone killed when the village was destroyed by some unknown event? Either way, it was done, over with, and he was travelling again. The trail was brighter, and he could actually look into the distance.

He followed the trail until eventually he came to a forest. It seemed pretty dense, but he decided to travel through. He weaved his way through the trees, carefully navigating past gnarled stumps and roots, and hidden hollows within the ground. He kept thinking about the house, then he thought about the championships. The championships bothered him a lot...

Why did I show mercy...?
He wasn't a dragon. But...
I SHOULD HAVE KILLED IT!
They all think I'm weak. I know it, I know it!
Why didn't I kill it?
It would've killed me. It already tried.
Hmph. Ignorant beast. I showed mercy and it just exploited it.
Still should have killed it.

Before he knew it, he was outside the woods. In the distance, he saw a village. After some walking, he made it to the village.
He decided to go into the inn, just to relax a little bit before he went on the road. When he entered, the bartender gave him a strange look.

"What?" Brandon said irritably.
"Weren't you here last night...?" The bartender asked.
"No. I've never been here." Brandon said, walking over to a table and sitting.
"Your face looks familiar..." The bartender said warily.
"...And?" Brandon said, annoyed.
"There was a boy here, last night...wasn't that you?" The bartender asked.
"No. I've never been here. EVER." Brandon said, getting frustrated. The bartender nodded, then went back into a storage room.

He shook his head, and decided to leave. As he went outside, he seen a few teens hanging around outside. They seemed around his age, maybe older. He looked at them, and they started to talk among each other. Brandon turned to leave, until one of them spoke.

"Hey, aren't you the guy from the EC?" One guy said. Brandon turned slightly and responded "Yes."
"Yeah, I remember! You were the guy who choked!" Another said, and they all laughed. Brandon suddenly felt like his blood turned to stone.
"I did not choke, I just..." Brandon started. How could he respond.
"Yeah, sure. You just froze up in the middle of a fight." Another one responded. They all laughed again. Brandon couldn't stand it.
"You didn't even belong there. Why did you even bother?! Why go there if you can't even fight or kill?!" He heard one say, and they still laughed among each other.

That was it.
Brandon turned around, and looked at them. His eyes were consumed by flame.

"I can fight." He said direly. His hands were blazing.
"And I can kill." He said direly.

No more laughing.
His thoughts were consumed by fire.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/12/2012 12:41:55   
Master K

Brendan

He had left the town that following morning. The old man in the bar had explained to him the story of the man on the wanted poster...

The events happened many years ago. When referred to, people only called him Galvant. He was a proud warrior, who always strived to be stronger. The story behind him was that many years ago that he set off on an adventure with a sorceress and a rouge, to hunt down a lost artifact. The details were vague, as they were handed down by word of mouth through time. The trio had gone to a forgotten island, and explored a treacherous temple where the artifact lay. It sounded like a simple adventure, but it took a grim turn. Galvant betrayed his fellow party members and stole the artifact. However, he also used its power against them. They said that they had quite a quarrel, almost costing the lives of the other two party members. However, they escaped, barely, and fled. They hid where they thought Galvant would never find them. At first, people set up wanted posters. However, almost always, some gruesome fate awaited them, so they finally stopped acknowledging Galvant's existence, for their own safety. It was said Galvant himself had caused their deaths, and that he still lives...

Brendan had shown interest, so the old man gave him a starting point; the Nusquam Islands. It was spread through secrecy that the sorceress had gone to the islands and settled down there with a family that would be safe from Galvant's presence. That was where Brendan and Jake were flying towards. They had a map, and the old man had marked off where they should go. After a long time of flying over the land, and then eventually the ocean, they discovered a group of islands in the middle of nowhere. The largest one appeared the have a village settled on it. The island was pretty large, but was also very pristine and untouched, seemingly blending with nature. Even the town seemed to fit perfectly into the island.

Brendan and Jake landed in the village. The town seemed pretty quiet and comfortable, with some citizens still out. Brendan and Jake approached one man sitting on a bench.
"Heh, you certainly don't look like you're from around here." The man said, sounding amused.
"I'm here on business." Brendan said.
"Oh, sounds very important." The man said, sounding slightly sarcastic.
"Do you know where we can find a sorceress?" Jake asked. The man was not a bit fazed by Jake.
"The only sorceress we got here is Flin's wife, Amber. She lives out on the cape, down that way." The man said as he pointed out the path. Brendan and Jake quickly headed there.

The house was of fair size, two story and completely wooden, with some fenced in sheep in the yard. There was a doghouse, with a large brown dog sleeping in it. The sheep all panicked and scattered around as Jake approached. He decided it was better if he kept his distance, so the sheep wouldn't freak. Brendan went up to the house and knocked on the door. After a few tries, finally a man came outside. He was rather tall, and among distinguishing things, had a mustache, a brown vest, and a wide brim cowboy hat that shrouded his eyes.

"Are you Flin?" Brendan asked. He nodded and tipped his hat.
"Is your wife here?" Brendan asked. Flin shook his head, and stepped out and pointed towards the mountains.
"She's...at the mountains?" Brendan said, confused. Flin nodded. He then went back into the house.
"Wait, but-" Brendan started, before Flin shut the door and locked it.

"Well..." Jake said. "I guess we go to the mountains."

< Message edited by mrbk -- 10/12/2012 12:42:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/12/2012 21:49:48   
Master K

Brendan

Flin, despite being completely silent, had given them valid directions. They visited a map maker and asked about why someone might go to the mountains, and the map maker confirmed that Amber's father lived in the mountains, so most likely she had gone there for visiting. Brendan and Jake quickly took to flight, and flew up to the mountains. They flew closely over a large, scenic forest in their flight, called Daybreak Forest by the locals. It lead up to the base of the mountain. Within a little while, they zoomed up to the mountain range. Towards the top, on a grassy plateau, was a small wooden cottage, with some farm animals out in front. Brendan and Jake landed there, and the farm animals scattered at the sight of Jake.

"Well hello to you too." Jake said, slightly annoyed. Brendan laughed to himself, and went up to the cottage.
He knocked on the door, hoping that he wouldn't get another silent cowboy. He was greeted by an old man with a white beard and round glasses.

"Hello! Is Amber here?" Brendan asked cautiously.
"Err...why do you ask?" The old man said warily.
"I...I have some business with her." Brendan said, sounding edgy.
"Well...you just missed her. She and her two sons left just a lil' while ago, heading through the plateau." He said.
"Ok, thanks." Brendan said. The old man nodded, and closed the door. Brendan went over to Jake.

"Well at least he spoke." Jake said, laughing slightly.
"Now we're practically stalking this woman..." Brendan said, rolling his eyes.
"Meh, I call it closely following." Jake said.
"Whatever. We need to find her soon. She knows more about Galvant more than we do." Brendan said, in a serious tone.

They then set off o find her. They soared up into the air, and scanned the area. Within a matter of moments, they saw three people down on the plateau, making their way along. Jake noticed, and then soared down towards them, landing on the plateau. Brendan got to see them.

The first was obviously Amber, who wore a red dress, had brown hair, and wore a gemstone on her dress. Other than that, she didn't look special. She had two twin boys with her, most likely her sons. The first one had blonde hair and seemed to be quite timid, as he screamed as soon as Jake had landed, and was hiding away. The other twin seemed different, as he had red hair and he stood his ground against Jake.

"Finally, I'm glad I've found you. I'm Brendan." He said.
"I'm Amber...these are my sons, Luke and Clase." She said, nervously. "What do you want...?"
"I just want to talk." Brendan said.
"About...?" Amber said warily.
"Galvant." Brendan said, with a dire tone. Amber seemed to pale.
"Fine. But...not here. When I get home-" She started, before a loud roar cut her off.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/31/2012 17:41:54   
Master K

Brandon

Running, running, running, running. That's all he had to think about now. Due to him losing his temper back in the village, now he's on the run. He just might have inflicted some serious damage to those guys...and the inn...and maybe some buildings, but that was all behind him, along with some angry warriors trying to hunt him down to arrest or possibly kill him. Wonderful. Rather than deal with more people, he ran. He was now on an open road through a forested area, trying to run away from the warriors. He figured he's probably a wanted 'criminal' for burning down half a village. Another thing for him to deal with and hide from, great.

He kept running through the forest on the path, until he decided to snake through the trees. The warriors behind him were monetarily dazed, but kept chase through the woods, despite their difficulties getting through the brush. Just to throw them off his trail, he shot a fireball at the brush around them, and snaked off in another direction while they were preoccupied with the flames burning the brush.

He kept running until he made it out of the forest. He did not stop entirely though, and kept on moving.

That was a smart move...now I'm being hunted down for burning a village...now where will I go...hmph, I suppose I could-

He was cut off in his train of thought when he bumped into another person. The girl he had ran into had fell over.
"Oh, sorry." He said coldly. He carefully examined the girl.

She was young, like he was, although she seemed to be a little younger than he was. She had long, wavy blonde hair, and wore glasses. She appeared to be some sort of mage, as she wore a white robe with yellow/gold trim on the sleeves and bottom. She also carried a strange tome in her hands, and held onto it tightly. She looked lost and disoriented.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry..." She said quietly, getting up. She stood there, and looked at him. For a moment, there was awkward silence.
"What's your name?" Brandon asked her. She looked down at the ground, then back at him.
"I don't know." She told him, sounding scared.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/31/2012 17:59:29   
Master K

Emilee

She had been wandering ever since she lost her memory, looking for answers as to what happened to her and who she may be. She just happened to be along a trail when she bumped into a strange guy. She wasn't paying attention, and got knocked off her feet. When she got up, she looked at him, and examined him. He appeared to be young, perhaps around sixteen. He had fair length black hair, and wore a hooded black sweater, and blue pants. He seemed like a calm person, but his eyes showed concern and anger. He asked her for her name, but she couldn't answer him, for she did not remember.

"How do you not know your own name...?" He said, confused.
"I...I don't remember anything about me." She said, sounding sad. There was more silence.
"Well...I must be going." He said hastily, and went off past her.
"Wait, wait! Where are you going?" She asked him quickly. He turned to look at her.
"Anywhere but here." He told her. He turned, and began to walk off.
"Wait, can I come with you?!" She asked, running up to him. He turned, and gave her a slight glare.
"Fine. I'm Brandon, by the way." He said, coldly.

The two of them began to walk off. He didn't seem all to friendly, but Emilee decided it would be better if she traveled with someone. They continued walking in silence, heading to nowhere in particular. After a while, Emilee decided to try and talk to this strange boy.

"So...ah...why are you traveling? Are you trying to get home?" She asked him, trying to sound cheerful. He turned and glared at her.
"I don't have a home." He said direly. She slowly turned away, and they went back to silence. After more silence, she started talking again.
"So...do you...have any family?" She asked. He sharply turned and scowled at her, and she quickly went back to silence. After some more walking in silence, she finally spoke up again.
"Have you ever had a home?" She asked carefully. Brandon sighed.
"I haven't had a home since I was ten." He said bitterly.
"What happened...?" She asked him quietly. He turned and looked at her. She could see the bitterness in his expression.
"It's better...if you don't ask questions." He said, sounding defeated.

They continued walking in silence. Emilee couldn't help but to wonder about the mysterious boy, and where they may be headed to...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest/WarpForce >> (AQ) Of Fate And Destiny
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition