Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The awakening

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> The awakening
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/28/2012 7:03:57   
Rayawor

Once again, I have been awaken from my restless slumber. But this time, of my own will instead of an aspiring necromancer trying to bind me to their will. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw incantations, runes littered all around. I slowly rose from the coffin that I have rested on countless times; my whole body was trembling I was fragile and weak without the arcane energy that flowed into me when resurrected by a necromancer. My eyes darted to my sword that was guarded by a hex laid on by one potent necromancer, as punishment for betraying him. Channeling in the last reserves of my energy I dispelled the hex, then I felt my body wobble from side to side...my vision fading. I slowly tried to steady myself by resting my hand on one of the nearby walls that has trapped me for so long. I reluctantly limped to my sword that laid beside my coffin, retrieved it and whispered 'The things I do for you...'. I was rejuvenated when I grasped the hilt of my sword; on closer inspection the necromancer left a small portion of his arcane energy within the form of a rune. 'Heh, never thought I'd have to thank that barbaric bloke for anything at all' I quietly murmured as I made my way out of the small room that has entombed me for so long. While heading to the exit, I saw the path scattered with bodies of aspiring necromancers that I have slashed down over the centuries.

My sword emitted a faint pulsating glow that marked the considerable amount of energy that has coalesced within. The only reason why I have rose from the dead is to redeem myself and to cleanse my soul. Every male in my bloodline has been a death-knight, but everyone of them sought redemption and everyone of them have failed. That's why I will carry the legacy of my forefathers and to remove of us this curse to be torn away by the cold touch of death like a child pulled away from their mother. I bear the sword that my forefathers have bore during their time and before their souls were purged, they have manifested their energy into the blade; over generations it's appearance was twisted by the amount of dark energy that has been contained in the blade. I finally reached the exit of the catacomb, that I been laid to rest in as well as my ancestors have. The wall slowly groaned as it slid back. I cautiously tread outside, not knowing what to expect as I walked into the unfathomable, dark and ominous tunnel that seemed so stretch forever; at the end was the bright light of the world I used to belong in. Streaks of light fell on my pale face as I reached the end. 'It's been so long since I've been here....' I whispered with a tiny slither of sadness escaping into my voice. I cocked my head back and smiled as I left the accursed catacomb that has imprisoned me, for what seems an eternity; and started my journey seeking for redemption.

Should I make another one? I approve of constructive-criticism, but please don't be harsh.
I had fun writing this! :D

< Message edited by Rayawor -- 8/28/2012 7:13:58 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> AdventureQuest Worlds >> The awakening
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition