Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2012 2:25:05   
comicalbike

yes i agree with you wraith bm is overpowered
Epic  Post #: 626
9/30/2012 2:51:36   
kittycat

Bludgeon and Deadly Aim is can be deadly when supplemented with Blood Lust. It is particularly hard to defend a rage bludgeon or gun without draining mana(for bludgeon), breaking boosters or even relying on luck, which is blocking/deflecting it. Since Bludgeon has some resemblence to the former Berserker when Bludgeon is at lvl 6+, Bludgeon should have a slightly lower chance of hitting, which is a double-edged sword that will affect Tech Mages. The way to overcome Strength builds without impacting Tech Mage is to make a constraint that the more strength you have above the normal standards, your Blood Lust goes down in effectiveness.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 9/30/2012 2:52:38 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 627
9/30/2012 4:24:26   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Fixing all str builds:
Starting at 19-23, you accuracy goes down for the more str you have
at 19-23, you have 7% chance to be blocked, 9% chance to be deflected
at 20-24, you have 11% chance to be blocked, 12% chance to be deflected
at 21-25, you have 16% chance to be blocked, 15% chance to be deflected
at 22-27, you have 22% chance to be blocked, 18% chance to be deflected
at 23-28, you have 29% chance to be blocked, 21% chance to be deflected
at 24-29, you have 37% chance to be blocked, 24% chance to be deflected

Caps at 45%,
That is the base chance to get blocked, if you have higher DEX, or Shadow arts, the lowest it can go is still 45% chance to be blocked
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 628
9/30/2012 6:22:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Or... Blaze.. how about shoving +1 into the progression starting at base Strength? So if it takes, saf if Str gives +1 damage per 3 Stats (at low Level), it'll now take +4 stats. And it'd be applied until 200 (or god knows how far it goes) so it'd slow down the progression at all Levels and deal with Strength abusers of any Class. BMs would lose on it, the 'OP' BHs would also lose on it, and so on.
AQ Epic  Post #: 629
9/30/2012 6:27:54   
Wootz

quote:

How the hell can you get 72 damage with range of 51-55? Crits and Rage allows you to ignore defences which makes you deal more damage but it does NOT raise it above the possible range. <_< >_>

Infernal Interdictor's Massive strike.

quote:

^
Also 72 x .30= 21.6 which rounds to 22.

Yes, I had a typo. Wrong calculation, thought Malfuncion took more Energy, obviously it's 24. Meaning I actually get 23 EP after it and regen it to 45 by Static Charge*
AQW Epic  Post #: 630
9/30/2012 6:34:13   
Ranloth
Banned

Ah, I didn't get to see bit where it said Massive Strike. Without it, there's no way to deal more damage on Crits (yet..?).
AQ Epic  Post #: 631
9/30/2012 6:45:14   
rayniedays56

I hate to disagree with you wootz...

BUT

Infernal Interdictor manages to ignore 65% of Defenses. Coupled with rage, it becomes slightly confusing, as even I have to guess...

EDIT*

Blonde moment once more. :3

Trans is correct.

< Message edited by rayniedays56 -- 9/30/2012 6:59:01 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 632
9/30/2012 6:55:43   
Ranloth
Banned

The way it works n may be confusing but isn't. It does NOT stack, that's the first thing. 65% and 45% right? So you multiply the defences by *.65 and then by *.45 which then gives you the final damage. If it say, Bunker, ignores 25% then you do the same thing (*.25 *.45, *.65) and you get final damage. It never stacks so y'know.
AQ Epic  Post #: 633
9/30/2012 6:58:26   
rayniedays56

Well blonde moment...I must be a ninja and erase :3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 634
9/30/2012 8:51:11   
The Astral Fury

It's not the power of BH so much it's those dex abuse, max shadow arts smoke screen combo that gets you annoyed I'd rather shadow arts be replaced with something or nerf that dex BH set up it's quite annoying to get blocked once in a while,but everytime by a BH it really does get fruterating.
DF AQW  Post #: 635
9/30/2012 9:19:04   
13891389aaaaa

I dont really thing anyone will even think about considering this, but, i think removing 3 new classes would help ED a lot. Just remove those classes! Players wanted them because they thought they would be NEW CLASSES, not old ones mixed up. They only brought unbalance and OP-nes! 1st TLM, then CH and now BM! Update after update, for over a year, just nerfing those 3! Just, REMOVE THEM! Original 3 are more fun anyway.
Post #: 636
9/30/2012 9:21:29   
Ranloth
Banned

Smart idea. Refund everyone for class changes, what about those who are using evolved ones, how does that benefit players and the business. It's hilarious. Best thing is that it's ONE build from BMs that is OP not whole class but sure, if your idea is so smart that removing a class - that will never happen - is MUCH better than dealing with one stat then sure.
AQ Epic  Post #: 637
9/30/2012 9:34:56   
13891389aaaaa

I dont know why new classes are called what they are. Passive skill mostly determinates how the class works.
- BM, with nowdays 5focus build they are about identical to old style 5 focus BHs, the only importand diff is that BHs has SA and BMs have deadly aim. BMs are NOTHING LIKE TMs.
- CH, with nowdays 5 focus builds and useles static play about the same as mercs did long ago, just tank and heal loop as much as possible with no burst skills. Becides a few players who use massacre they are NOTHING LIKE BHs.
- TLMs, by very fact of having reroute are pretty similar to TMs. It is similar to merc because it also has its pasive, but reroute affects it more.
This mostly affects the game because the classes that use the same armors and primaryes are completly different and changing from TM to BM, BH to CH or merc to TLM requires DRASTIC changes in everything about your acc! If they changed the name of BM into CH, TLM into BM and CH into TLM, changing betwin classes would be much more simple and logical.
Post #: 638
9/30/2012 9:51:07   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@1389 That's the point of the evolved classes, they're not supposed to be identical to their base class. The whole point of them was to allow different strategies while still keeping the same class. TLMs allow for increased skill output because they have Reroute to regain the energy that merc classes so very need to cover their energy. BMs are for those Mages who want to go for a very offensive, or in some cases a very defensive, approach that Tech Mages cannot approach. BMs have enough burst skills to level small towns but they also have Reflex, E. Shield, AND intimidate, 3 ways of protecting themselves from their enemies with Bloodlust being able to help out both builds greatly. CHs are the defensive version of BHs. They've got a passive shield and an active shield to protect them while being able to get energy back. They also have some offensive skills as well but not really as great as BHs(because Smoke makes you block more and them less so higher damage).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 639
9/30/2012 9:52:03   
Rayman
Banned

Focus BM, Have to Much Power Too. Just see it like, a focus bm fights a focus uhmm, CH Or Tm-merc maybe, they gun, 30+, aux 25, bludgeon 40+, bot 28+. They deal too much dmg in a small amount of time and regain alot of HP and they are 5 focus Just 5 focus. You Win them but Some Times Get's hard.
AQW Epic  Post #: 640
9/30/2012 10:15:01   
King Helios

Wow. Support Tactical can be OP.

11-14 +35 (Energy [II])
11-14 +33 (Physical)
21-26 +38 (Physical)
20-24 +5 [+10] -1 Defense
29-35 +5 -1 Resistance

Just heal-loop with 7 heal (51 HP), and Aux a few times; strike if weak Res, and you can get a very nice %.

Return of the Support builds?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 641
9/30/2012 10:17:13   
rayniedays56

@ Above

TRUE, but they really haven't the power of a 5 focus BH

A 5 focus BH can Smoke, Strike, GUN, Strike, RAGE bot...

BM's main problem is strength. It supports TOO much.

FIREBALL: Strength
Deadly Aim: Strength
Bloodlust: Strength
Bludgeon: Strength
Primary: Strength

They just heal WAY too much.

A str BM can heal like this:

Say 30 damage:

30 damage: 7 HP
26 Damage: 6 HP
35 Damage: 9 HP
(rage) 52 damage: 12 HP

That is 34 HP in 4 turns!

And with them having extreme HP (usually 140+) with high strength (24-29+) they just GAIN HP like NUTS.

BUT, as stated before they are reworking Passives. Whoever knows when that when be, but I guess they are.

I personally think they should have concentrated more on fixing ALL EP and HP regains then picking on one class, but eh. Not complaining that much anymore. It is the way it is.

As Trans stated, Strength stat being nerfed will help BIG time.

However, maybe BM's having a NEW passive instead of DA or BL will help. Because I feel it is coming. Not soon, but it is. People will ALWAYS complain about.

So, overall, my picks on IMMEDIATE issues to fix?

BM's with SUPER strength being able to wreck ANY build. Cause come on. With the new armor, that it just ANOTHER way for STR BM to abuse STR with ANOTHER unblockable move that gives them even FASTER rage than before.

SO now, if a STR BM has the armor?

Platinum's Rage: Unblockable, improves with strength
GUN: Unblockable BUT deflectable, improves with STRENGTH
Bloodlust: Improves with Strength
DA: Improves gun, which is improved by STR
Fireball: Unblockable, improves with STR
Bludgeon: Blockable, but EXTREME low cost, improves with strength.
And primary of course.

That is a LOAD of power
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 642
9/30/2012 10:21:14   
King Helios

^ Hard to 5 Focus BH as a TlM. ;D
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 643
9/30/2012 10:36:31   
Rayman
Banned

Rayne:
BH Can Smoke, Then BM Can use reflex boost, lowering bh Power and the bm with the super gun will deal like 30+ then bot aux gun rage and the focus BM Will Win. But yes bh have the EMP+Smoke
But focus bm can win if they use E boost.

Helios:
I belive rayne was talking to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
And We need to Fix The BM Problem Soon.
Then we can focus on the other classes.

< Message edited by Rayman -- 9/30/2012 10:38:25 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 644
9/30/2012 10:37:06   
King Helios

/faceplant
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 645
9/30/2012 10:48:57   
Rayman
Banned

And This New Rage Drainer Move, Been UnBlockable is a Problem.
AQW Epic  Post #: 646
9/30/2012 11:02:20   
kingpowerlord

Imagine a strength bm with:

Platiniums pride
Infernal interdictor
That new dage gun(physical)
Lagomorph laser,

The BM first strikes and crits dealing 49 damage(massive strike and 27-29 base damage) then does bludgeon 34 damage, next strikes, before ya know it rage! He uses his new gun and crits on rage dealing 52 damage to one and deflects 26 on another... This new gun made juggernauts lives a lot easier....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 647
9/30/2012 11:08:19   
Mother1

Rayman it is a one time use move. Plus what about Surigical strike? That move is not only unblockable, but it takes away twice as much rage from you then the new rage stealing uppercut with the exception of it not giving you rage.

Also if it were made blockable people would complain about that since not only is it one time use, but if they decide to use it and it is blocked then you can't use it again oh dear a move was just wasted. it was the same thing with the baby yeti only difference was that if it was blocked it could be used again. Plus it isn't even all that powerful at that even with rage so what is the problem with it?
Epic  Post #: 648
9/30/2012 11:19:49   
Rayman
Banned

^
Is BlockAble but is still a free hit, and please dont compare it with surgical strike, surg is just 1 of the balanced ultimate moves that cost high energy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 649
9/30/2012 11:43:33   
Mother1

You were talking about the move stealing rage, and surigical strike is the only other move that steals rage that is unblockable oops my mistake it is the only other move that steals rage period let alone being unblockable so I had nothing else to compare it to.

But on the note of free hits there are other special that are free hits as well. The baby yeti's special is a free hit that is one time use, as well as the pyro fly's special which is a free hit that is one time use. I could say the same with the azreal borg's special when a person is buffed as well but this one only works when the person is buffed up and it can be used more then once as long as that condition is followed. These are all free hits and with the exception of the azreal borg, all the others are one time use just like the uppercut.

Plus unlike the infernal android before it got it's first nerf it isn't overpowered. If the person has a decent amount of defense it doesn't do much other then take 1/4 of the rage the person has.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/30/2012 11:58:02 >
Epic  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XI
Page 26 of 29«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition