Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Broad Spectrum review of EpicDuel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Broad Spectrum review of EpicDuel
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/3/2012 15:10:34   
Drianx

@Steel Slayer
In my opinion 2v2 is less an issue than 1v1.
2v2 has always been more strategic than 1v1, as long as player teams are balanced.
Balance-wise, 2v2 was not as broken as 1v1 not even when support mercenaries were ruling the battlefield and their Artillery Strike was strong. I used to see bounty hunters and mages that were very strong in 2v2 despite the huge population of mercenaries.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
9/3/2012 15:35:54   
Steel Slayer

My point, drianx, was that when balancing a skill all game styles have to be considered. Take the recent Blood Mage nerf as an example. Were BM too strong in 1v1? They sure were. But, the devs have to keep in mind, anything they to to rebalance BM for 1v1 will also affect their play in 2v2. And Juggernaut. And dont forget, many skills are present on more than one class, so if they nerfed, say, bludgeon to fix BM in 1v1, how will that affact not only 2v2 BM, but 2v2 TECH mages? 1v1 TM? Before any changes can be made, ALL of that has to be looked at. THAT is what makes balance so hard to achive, its also the likely reason why every time there IS a balance change, it's either to a classes unique skill(look at static charge and fireball), or a skill is just taken away from a class entirely(ask tac merc about that). I agree with you about 2v2 being more strategic, though. There are alot more viable 2v2 builds, since whatever your build's weakness is(every build has 1), your partner can hopefully help cover it up if you work together well. Thats why I prefer 2v2 over 1v1.
Epic  Post #: 27
9/3/2012 17:27:11   
One Winged Angel1357

@Steel and that is were drianx's point about the Balacne team size comes into play. The team is not large enough to get a good testing on multiple builds in multiple battle settings.

@Drianx that is exactly the point of this and considering no one has shut it down yet it can keep going that way
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
9/3/2012 21:23:21   
Steel Slayer

Yes, it would be nice to have a larger balance team, unfortunately, game testing is a job, and people expect to be paid for it. Hiring people takes actual money to do, which is why they sell varium. If you'd like to see a larger balance team, there is only 1 way to get it. Please dont take that the wrong way, not trying to be sarcastic, or push you into anything, or discredit your viewpoint, you've raised a valid issue here about balance, I just dont see any easy way to fix it.
Epic  Post #: 29
9/3/2012 21:44:31   
One Winged Angel1357

Actually the Balance and Testing team is completely voluntary they get no pay. They can leave whenever they please, I suppose you could do that with a paying job too, but also these people are here because it is what they want to be doing which is good for a testing team
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
9/3/2012 22:01:11   
Jatar The Legend

we need some sort of reward for being loyalty. personally I don't, but that's what it's going to take to get some people to stay loyal. I remember being BH for a year and a half, it was fun getting to know it.
DF  Post #: 31
9/3/2012 22:16:17   
Steel Slayer

Didnt know that Angel. That would explain the problem. TY for clarifying.
Epic  Post #: 32
9/5/2012 21:21:43   
One Winged Angel1357

Well this topic might have served it's point but one bump for good measures.

Also Steel I'm just sharing what I have learned over the past 3 years
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Broad Spectrum review of EpicDuel
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition