Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What Movie from August you want see in next the Blockbuster?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> What Movie from August you want see in next the Blockbuster?

What Movie from August you want see in next the Blockbuster?

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days
  16% (7)
ParaNorman
  16% (7)
Premium Rush
  16% (7)
Robot and Frank
  2% (1)
The Flying Swords of Dragon Gate
  48% (21)

Total Votes : 43

(last vote on : 9/22/2012 16:37:27)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/3/2012 19:28:56   
  Randor the Red

Each month we will have a movie poll to get items ready for next years Blockbuster event! You have until next months poll to decide.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/3/2012 19:34:37   
Postmaster General

Premium Rush, eh? ^^ That sounds like my kinda movie! :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/3/2012 19:54:43   
ArchPowerdragon

Is Ted appropriate for HS?
~Powerdragon

< Message edited by Shadowbolt17 -- 9/3/2012 19:55:03 >

~Arch
Your friendly neighborhood player
My Twitter

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/3/2012 20:43:37   
plebster

Just watched the trailer for ted and it looks good. What would the items be though, a teddy bear?

Inappropriate content removed. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior > Do Not Spam. ~PMG

< Message edited by plebster -- 9/4/2012 19:03:29 >
AQW  Post #: 4
9/3/2012 21:08:24   
Phoenix Myth

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days is best movie! :3
AQW  Post #: 5
9/4/2012 3:12:17   
vulkan

i only recognise two of those movies. and while it is funny as hell, i dunno if ted is really age appropriate for HS audiences.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/4/2012 7:36:35   
  Randor the Red

Blockbuster items are "Movie Inpired" from the elements in a movie. So in case of "Ted" its not the storyline is would be Teddy bear themed items. Also note the final items will be made suitable for HS. People who visit the forums are of all ages so some will have seen the movie some will have not. But which movie wins depends on the final votes. Also its impossible every month to find some movies that everyone in the world has seen.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/4/2012 9:39:26   
Lord Lee

Thanks for starting up this monthly Blockbuster movie poll.

Would it be possible to put the "Movie Inspired" theme next to the Movie choices because they are not always clear. This would allow voters to perhaps vote for more obscure movies that have a item theme they desire, rather than just voting for the most advertised or mainstream movie which may not necessarily have the best theme for item creation.

For example the latest movie releases with themes as per my interpretation - please correct me if I am wrong.

Ted (Teddy Bear Items)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid:Dog Days (?Dog Items or ?Camping Items)
ParaNorman (Ghosts & Zombie Items)
Premium Rush (?Bicycle Items or ?Postage Items - if so I know which movie Postmaster General will be voting for lol)
Robot and Frank (Robot Items)
Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (Martial Arts Items)

Some of these themes are a little ambiguous so if you could provide any clarification Randor that would be helpful.

I think in future this will allow forumites to vote for themes they would like in addition to the most watched or popular Blockbuster film being released.
AQ  Post #: 8
9/4/2012 16:32:00   
  Randor the Red

I usually let the art team decide what about a movie inspires them. But ill give your idea some thought as its a good one also
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/4/2012 19:04:42   
plebster

If premium rush Is done, could posty's personal set be released?
AQW  Post #: 10
9/4/2012 22:28:50   
Red Komet

Its hard to choose what movie to vote and I wonder why most choose Ted
Post #: 11
9/5/2012 20:27:14   
zanathos

I have noticed Expendables 2 was largely left out.

I had to look up the Flying Swords of Dragon's Gate, and I must say, they'd make for some AWESOME HS items.

< Message edited by zanathos -- 9/5/2012 20:29:35 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
9/6/2012 4:21:41   
i1023404

I was kinda thinking that the movie, Ted, would be rather inappropriate. It's a rather adult-typed movie in the profanity. Are you sure about this one, Randor?

1023404~.
AQW  Post #: 13
9/6/2012 8:44:27   
  Randor the Red

First off I did not see any of those movies. Second if a movie is too adult for someone then they not "suppose" to have seen it to know if its too adult. I picked randomly from a top movies list. As I said before we have all ages on the forums and not everyone get to see movies. If the polls begin to show major issues then we will have to decide if polls are way to go. For now I going to remove "TED" as a lot seem to dislike the idea even though all I keep thinking is talking teddy bear lol.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
9/6/2012 17:59:02   
plebster

Randor I agree wih you, you're right, since ted is a top movie, it should be an option. All these people who say it's not appropriate are just really silly.
AQW  Post #: 15
9/6/2012 18:00:10   
King Helios

/vote ParaNorman.

It could be a sorta stop-motion, kinda grainy zombie gun?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
9/7/2012 12:40:38   
Sparkedy

Hey plebster if you have watched the movie I think you should know its not for kid's. It may be a top movie but the swearing doesn't make it a healthy option for herosmash.

< Message edited by Sparkedy -- 9/7/2012 12:41:47 >

Post #: 17
9/7/2012 15:25:57   
star screamer

Ted might be inappropriate, but it's not like he's
putting the movie inside the game, all he's doing is putting in Teddy bear items, and such.
AQW  Post #: 18
9/7/2012 18:07:00   
plebster

IK sparkedy, but... Well, just read the above post. Star took the words right out of my mouth. Please put ted back as an option randor!! Pleeaase.

Arghh it just frustrates me how sensitive the AE community are. I'm not even gonna mention some of the examples coming from the aqw players. Maybe it's because I'm British and I really couldn't care less about these things.
AQW  Post #: 19
9/7/2012 18:14:58   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

You do have to consider that parents are the ones we're thinking about. I don't think they would like it very much if they saw their 10 year old playing a game that is releasing items related to an adult oriented film(even if those items stayed 100% kid safe). It'd be like adding stuff that would obviously be from something like Mortal Kombat or GTA. Parents might not feel so comfortable with a game drawing inspirations from mature games or films for the items. Plus you also have to consider that people may not know Ted before the items and then would find out about it later. People tend to ask questions(especially younger kids) and that can easily lead to finding out about the movie.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
9/7/2012 18:26:51   
plebster

Anyway forumites, what's it got to do with you, it's randor's responsibility for what movies are options for the blockbuster event. He is responsible if there are complaints about a shop with teddy bears (not swearing teddies or drunk teddies on drugs, just normal teddies), not you! So it shouldn't really affect you unless your just using it as an excuse so 'ted' doesn't win (because ted was in the lead).

It's a flipping teddy bear, if you're not mature enough to see one, then you should probably play pony vs pony. Anyway it's their choice if a child wants to watch the movie after seeing the items, not randor's fault. Read my earlier post. anyway, polistar made a teddy bear daily item. Also, that dragon sword Asian gate movie thing is a guided 15* I'm sure, where are the complaints about that? Nono please don't post any, but I'm saying why complain about one movie but not the other?

*Edit: 17 actually, I just rewatched the trailer.

< Message edited by plebster -- 9/7/2012 18:32:03 >
AQW  Post #: 21
9/7/2012 19:48:03   
Postmaster General

Remember, this thread is not an area to complain. The Universal Forum Rules still apply here. Keep the flaming and inappropriate language out.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/11/2012 15:56:10   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Premium Rush looks good! I would go for something like a Courier Uniform armor, a bike chain/handlebar weapon combo and a "Package delivered!" superpower. :-P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/18/2012 7:54:01   
XapApp

The Flying Swords of Dragon Gate has the most votes currently, I can see that most players want the Martial Art uniforms and such. I voted for Premium Rush however.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> What Movie from August you want see in next the Blockbuster?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition