Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Life of The Dark Avatar: Shadowscythe Warrior

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> The Life of The Dark Avatar: Shadowscythe Warrior
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/7/2012 11:41:06   
Shadowscythe warrior

The final writing of Mandgos:

I, the scribe of King Alteon the Great. have gone to the dark side to find out as much as possible about the dark lord Shadowscythe Warrior, before his tragic fall. I have dedicated myself very much to finding about him that I have become a undead to find out more. I have written down the history of his life and I hope that this book will be found by the right people. The dark lord knows I am a follower of King Alteon and i hear him now in a rage coming down the stairs to do who knows what to me. I hope that in this book you will find the key to defeating him and in hope release his tortured soul. (The rest is not readable due to being smeared with blood and smoke burns)

Prologue:

The final writing of Mandgos:

I, the scribe of King Alteon the Great. have gone to the dark side to find out as much as possible about the dark lord Shadowscythe Warrior, before his tragic fall. I have dedicated myself very much to finding about him that I have become a undead to find out more. I have written down the history of his life and I hope that this book will be found by the right people. The dark lord knows I am a follower of King Alteon and i hear him now in a rage coming down the stairs to do who knows what to me. I hope that in this book you will find the key to defeating him and in hope release his tortured soul. (The rest is not readable due to being smeared with blood and smoke burns)

Prologue:

Soldiers were running to the city, it was mid-day as a young little boy peeked his head over. He saw the soldiers running through the gates, yelling to the guards to bar the gates, call for allies, and to prepare for a mighty siege. Little 8 year old Jimmy found his father in the crowd ordering his soldiers. His father then seeing his son, forgetting he was a general, ran to his son and scooped him up and held him tight. Jimmy knowing something was wrong asked his father was was happening.

His father said: "Who does our country's flag represent?", Jimmy said, "It represents the great young wizard who was born in the elemental world of pure light, he came down and banished all evil from our country. He still leads our armies and protects us from the armies of the Shadowscythe. The wizard is said to be the only one superior in power to Sepulchure. He will never be defeated by evil."

Jimmy's father looked at him sadly, whispered something into his ear, a story.. Jimmy understanding now, started to clutch to his father, and together they looked into the sky. Darkness has covered the entire sky and they could hear screams from the nearby villages. Jimmy's father now having to take responsibility but dare not leave his son alone, cause he wanted every last second he could have with him.

The general cried, "To your battle stations, archers get your arrows, get the catapults ready, mage's ready your spells, and spear men to the front. send word to our allies!! We will not go down and be defeated by the armies of (the wind blows so you don't hear who) without a fight!!."

_________

Chapter One: In The Beginning

It was the middle of the night, it was a full moon, and the King had been awoken and informed that a messenger had just arrived. He had news from the northern city Mandosalog, and it wasn't good tidings. Sepulchure had once again taken another city with his army of undead, and whoever was left in the city that fallen joined his army.

The King then said to his general,"We can not do this on our own, we need our allies from the cities of Falconreach and Swordhaven." General Alteon replied saying, "Sepulchure has allied with a insane pyromancer who's head is on fire, The Pyromancer Xan is keep our allies occupied from helping us. There is a way though, you know what it costs though."

King Slugwrath looked up gravely, " I would rather loose my kingdom then have to sacrifice my son to a foolish legend." General Alteon said, " We must put faith in them, they will send us a rescuer. You have several sons, all it requires is the youngest." Slugwrath," You will not take my son away from me! You forget the value of a life Alteon, that is why you must never become King."

The doors opened, two priest's dressed in white brought in a altar. Five heavily armed soldier's dragged in behind them, the King's son. Prince Drakath...Slugwrath ready to jump up in rage and defend his son, found himself frozen. Tear's streamed down him face as he watched the traitor Alteon perform the dreaded spell. Slugwrath although frozen could still speak saying, "You can not control that beast, The medusa will not obey you.End this madness, Alteon!"

Alteon froze, turned around, gave a wicked smile, turned around, and pull up the knife ready to give the life of a boy for his country. As the knife came down, there was a flash of light! Alteon looking at the altar noticing he had stabbed wood, looked for the boy. Trembling in fear he looked around, noticing Slugwrath was frozen in fear too.

He noticed then there was something on the floor covered by a impregnable cover of light. Slugwrath then looking at Alteon noticed he disappeared, was blessed to never see Alteon again who was sent to the city of Swordhaven. Slugwrath then got up to look at the light..

_________

Chapter Two: A Savior is Born

Slugwrath free of the binding spell was about to run when he felt a sudden bit of curiosity, he looked around to the other side of his bed. The blanket of light was still there and he decided he would wait to see what would happen. He looked out the window and as he did the sun slowly came up. There was a flash of purest gold and then he noticed the most beautiful sunrise ever. All of a sudden the sun light touched the blanket of light, it slowly disappeared and then he noticed it was a orb. It slowly floated up in front of him, and slowly changed in the Avatar of Light.

In her arms she carried a little boy marked with the plane of light tattoo on his forehead. He saw tears streaming down her face as she handed the boy to him. I have watched your kingdom suffer long enough, take care of my boy and he will grow up to be the savior of your Kingdom. Slugwrath's wife, Maria came in and hearing all that the Avatar had said, she bowed down and said thank you.

The Avatar looked at her son one last time, "Take care of my son" She said, "His name is to be PotenLux, it means Powerful Light." Then the Avatar flew into the sun and was gone in a flash of color. Maria said,"The Avatars are protecting us, you see my husband there is hope in this dark time. Even Sepulchure will come to fear the name of your son, PotenLux...."

_______

Chapter 3: Growing Up

Slugwrath and Maria promised the Avatar that they would not tell PotenLux that he was the Avatar of Light. Whenever PotenLux asked where his tattoo was from, they just said it was a mark of the royal family wizard. The Prince was taught to always be kind and protect the innocent. One day at the age of thirteen when he decided to take a walk to the nearby village. He had several good friends in that village, just like any other day he and his friends would go run out into the meadows to play like they were soldiers fighting.

As they were hitting their wooden swords back and forth they heard screaming from the village. There was a figure clothed in black with villagers in single order standing in front of him. They watched silently as one of the villagers bowed, the figure raised his hand as red and black arc energy gathered around his skeletal hand. Then the villager screamed as flesh fell from his body and cried for mercy as he became a undead. PotenLux howled with rage at what just happened felt something inside of him starting to spark. His aura sparked to life all of a sudden and the air smelled of oranges and vanilla.

The necromancer turned and seeing the boy who was floating in the air with glowing tattoos, knew that he would not be able to beat this boy. Just as he was ready to run, balls of light slammed at the necromancer. He slowly started to shake and then he felt great remorse, he begged for mercy but the little boy was not done yet. The necromancer was now bursting with light all around him and he then exploded. PotenLux slowly landed on the ground and see nothing but the robe that was left of the necromancer. Burst into tears as he had never killed a man before.

Slugwrath hearing the news of the villager's savior had just arrived, seeing PotenLux laying on the ground crying his heart out. Slugwrath not acting at all like a king but a parent, ran to the boy and embraced the boy. As PotenLux sobs lessened, and now seeing the happy faces of the villagers who were full of gratitude to this little boy. He started to laugh, but this is the laugh of a Avatar. The grass seemed greener, the sky seemed bluer, the sun shined brighter, and then he curiously looked at his father. PotenLux said, " So this is what a Wizard can do?"

_______

Chapter 4: Training

After the events that happened at the village, news spread all of the kingdom of Alawick that one of the King's sons was an Avatar of Light. Slugwrath now worried about Sepulchure hearing about this and sending his armies to kill his son before he learned to harness magic. Set things into immediate order,"Just because you are a Avatar of Light you still need to harness the other elements, Sepulchure won't just use darkness against you." Said PotenLux's father. "I have tasked you with a old friend of mine, Colonel Mega, he is tasked to take you to the elven city where you can learn to control the elements."

Slugwrath then said,"He is the Elemental Lord of Water, so I have tasked him to teach you the element of water also. His brother Lord Blaze is the Elemental Lord of Fire and will likewise teach you the element of fire. PotenLux replied,"Father, I will do as you say, I must say though I detest those elements but if it will make you proud and will save this kingdom I will do it."

PotenLux said his final goodbyes to his family and walked out with the Elemental Lords to the northern Elven City, Animare. Where he would learn to control his light magic and hopefully save Alawick. PotenLux knew right away that this trip would be tense, Blaze would accidentally set food on fire and Mega would make it rain so hard that his tent would be flooded. He was impressed though when he watched them duel, the masters of two powerful elements was a beautiful site.

Though PotenLux was soon enough tasked to learn the Fire and Water elements and he found out quickly how hard it was to use the elements. At the end of the day he was ready to crash in his tent but the elemental Lord's kept him up late each night to practice the elements. Slowly he did improve, he didn't set fire to a forest, he didn't flood their camp and soon was showing to hold his own for awhile against the elemental lords. One night when they were close to the protective elven forests they decided to set up camp for the night and get to the city early.

That night Colonel Mega was on guard and unlike other nights he heard a rustling at the north side of camp. Slowly getting up he heard a bunch of scraping bones, knowing what that meant he cried. "Undead! Undead are attacking the camp, getting up". Just after saying that, he heard a arrow loosed from a bow, hearing where it was coming from he threw a protective shield of water. Blaze hearing what had happened dragged PotenLux out of his tent and put him between the Colonel and Himself. Blaze said," A arrow hit PotenLux near the heart, he will be alright but he is too weak to fight."

Colonel replied saying," We will just try to do our best and hold off the undead. I fear though that Sepulchure has unleashed a legion on us." After saying that, the undead came swarming in, Blaze lit up the sky with his fiery power and was destroying undead while Colonel started drowning the beasts that the undead had brought along. Slowly a stack of bones began growing higher and higher, and when the dawn broke they groaned seeing that there was still several thousands of undead that were waiting to fight them. Blaze then fell over, exhausted after using the last of his energy. Colonel Mega himself felt faint and then fell to the ground.

Looking up tiredly he saw a undead giant heading his way. "Goodbye my friend Blaze, we did our best", Said Colonel Mega. Closing his eyes, he readied for the striking blow..... Then he heard the sound of music, he opened up his eyes and the undead giant had turned his head to the elven forest. Thousands of Elves clad in golden armor as bright as the sun came marching out. The undead Giant now knowing they could not beat the Elven army so he turned his head to finish off a elemental lord. Just as his club came down, A elf fast as lightning with his giant sword cut the club in half and slayed the giant. Blaze slowly looked up and seeing the undead fleeing from the elven army, smiled then closed his eyes.

The three heroes woke up a few days later to find themselves in nice white soft beds where they could look out a window and see the sunrise. The elven general that had saved their lives walked in and said," Welcome to the Elven City of Animare, I am Lord Lysander, guardian of the city and part of the order of the LuxBlade. You are safe now, Elemental Lords of Fire and Water. And you are safe to PotenLux, Avatar of Light, we are most honored to have you."

______

Chapter 5: Animare

Two weeks had passed since PotenLux and the two Elemental Lords had arrived. PotenLux had been very busy mastering the main elements soon after arriving. The elemental lords have left to return to the Kingdom to protect it from the oncoming storm that Sepulchure was sure to bring. PotenLux grew very wise and powerful as the elf general Lysander taught him the skill of magic and the skill of the blade.

PotenLux was soon able to match even Lysander with his lightning fast avatar speed. Potenlux soon became very good friends with Lysander as they worked together day after day. Sepulchure meanwhile hearing about the Avatar training in Animare decided it was time to move his plans into action. He whispered a few words to his undead minion and smiled as the minion went off to do his bidding.

One day when Potenlux was at the palace eating supper with the King and his family a messenger came in and handed the King a rather important looking scroll. The King quickly reading it, got up and left the table in a hurry to the throne room. Potenlux wanting to know what was happening sneaked up behind the King's Thrown room and looked through a curtain and saw a most hideous sight.

It was two pale necromancer's and the larger one said," King Shinestar of Animare, these are dark times indeed. My master's right hand man, Paragor, Lord of the stronghold Paragory, has had his own personal blacksmith make this fine sword for you, as a gift and a offering of a alliance." The necromancer then pulled out a dark black sword. Potenlux noticed right away that this was a masterpiece's sword, looking at the finely crafting sword and wanting it himself. Then he watched in horror as the King accepted the sword!

Crash! Potenlux turned around to see a servant had been carrying a tray with silver tea cups was watching in horror at Potenlux. The King hearing the noise ran back and seeing what had happened, didn't take to long to know why Potenlux was there. "Guards, Guards!", said the King, " Send this boy down to General Lysander's house where I will come later to give a thrashing to this boy!" The King turned back to the necromancers, " Tell your master I will consider his most kind offering and get back to you soon." The King bowed his head and then the necromancers bowed back, but what the king did not see was the smirks on the necromancer's faces...

A few minutes later after Potenlux had just explained to the General about what happened in the throne room. The King bursted in and cried out, "Foolish boy! have you no idea what you have done?"The King looking very angry now, pickued up the boy and said," You almost ruined a chance to bring peace to my country!" The King then threw the boy to the ground and was ready to strike again when the General said," My King, if I may be so bold. Those necromancers must not be trusted, for they are soldier's of Paragor who is the servant of Sepulchure!!!"

The General now looking very worried said, " You know Sepulchure, you can only say no to him so many times." The King then sensing the general was right said," But they have been inside my walls! they know all our weaknesses!" All of a sudden there was a large explosion outside their wall. A guard cried, " Invaders!! Invaders!! Mount a defense!." The King then cried, "Awaken soldiers of Animares, the armies of Paragory are here!!!"

Chapter 6: The Siege of Animare

General Lysander now taking immediate action said,"My King, you are to head to the Castle and barricade yourself there after letting the villagers in. PotenLux, you come with me." The General and Potenlux then headed out of the house, down to the gate to where a group of officers were giving commands. One of the officers then turned to the general and said,"The armies of Paragory destroyed most of our catapults but we have stopped them from taking the walls, there is no way they will defeat us."

The General thanked the officer then said to PotenLux,"I fear for the city PotenLux, only you will be able to stop the armies of Paragory with your Avatar Powers. You are young though in magic, and need time to summon your powers, go to the castle and charge your powers." Potenlux knowing this was not a time to argue, ran with the other villagers to the castle. Just before getting there there was a explosion throwing him off his feet and flying to the ground.

As he woke up dazed, saw a mom struggling to take her children to the safety of the castle. He watched all of a sudden as the drawbridge went up at the castle. Leaving at least half of the city stranded from safety, just then the sounds of the battle stopped, and all went silent. They then heard Lysander yell: "Take cover, the archers of Paragory are going to fire!" PotenLux near a shed, jumped in just seconds before hearing the screams of arrows flying through the air seeking prey.

The screams of villagers all of a sudden went silent.... PotenLux then stepping outside saw the ground layered with thousands of dead elves.. Woman and children with covered with arrows, but then Potenlux noticed that most of the elves had just been hit in a limb. Curious what had killed them all he stepped closer, just then a elderly elf came out, grabbed him, and pull him into his house for safety.

"Are you a fool!"Said the Elf, " The archers of Paragory dipped their arrows with mordred venom, the venom is the blood of a fierce monster, kills almost instantly even if you get a scratch." PotenLux said his thanks to the Elf and explained his situation was quickly ushered into a room. PotenLux now knowing that the city depended on him using his avatar powers to save them. Closed his eyes and begin focusing...

"Don't let them get near the walls, or else they will push us back!" said Lysander. The battle to hold the walls had been going on forever, he noticed that although it should be dawn that it was still completely dark. He kept thinking, "as long as Paragor isn't here, we got a chance to defeat them." Just then he noticed that the drawbridge had closed and that half of the city was stranded and could not reach safety. coward! he thought, the king was going to close to the drawbridge just to save his own life.

Just then it got early silent and he knew what that meant.. At a battle several years ago at another city he heard that dreaded silence. Then Lysander yelled: "Take cover, the archers of Paragory are going to fire!" Just a few seconds later he heard thousands of arrows screaming down upon the city. Most of his soldiers have put shields up but he looked at the city in horror as thousands of elves had not made it to safety. He knew they were all dead and there was nothing he can do.

Then all of a sudden he saw some of the Paragory soldiers move into formation and started walking into the gate as if they would just enter. He grabbed some of his men and ran down to the gate, and in horror saw two figures who shape shafted from elves to men. Just before his men could stop them, they had opened the locks and the armies of paragor started to march in. Knowing then that all was lost, ordered to retreat back to the castle in hopes that the drawbridge would open.

The King seeing what had opened, ordered that the drawbridge be opened no matter the protests of the guards. Lysander's men piled into the keep and close the drawbridge seconds before Paragory's armies, who just trampled over the twisted bodies of the dead elves. Just then the two necromancers stepped out and raised their as they were about to speak."You have fought valiantly, you are a great foe indeed, surrender now, turn over the avatar, and we will leave your lands. Or else we will kill every last man, woman, and child of this realm and burn your forests." In response a barrage of arrows flew in the air striking several of the Paragory soldiers.

One of the necromancers made a motion with his hand and several metal carts being pulled by massive monsters came up to the castle. They aimed up at the castle walls and fired giant fiery balls, which then exploded massive chunks of the wall and sending several elves flying. The necromancer then ordered them to stop, " This bloodshed need not be spilled, surrender now the avatar and we will leave your lands.

The King then came up the bridge and threw the black sword at the necromancer."As Long as our hearts beat, we will fight corruption, and tell your master I decline his alliance" The necromancer then waved his hand again and the giant cannons aimed right at the castle now, ready to destroy the people when they saw a flash of color in the eastern sky. The necromancer all of a sudden saw the streets starting to flood and the sky turned red and throwing fire at the soldiers.

He looked at the rooftops and found what he was looking for, it was the elemental Lord of Fire and Water. "Fool," said the necromancer," we have the Elemental Lords of Darkness and Wind with us." He made a motion and two giant figures walked up to Blaze and General Mega and the battle of the elements began. Any soldiers who dared to get near were destroyed by just the raw energy. Then all of a sudden, they felt a new power, they felt the air grow cold and they watched as the Elemental Lord of Ice who was revealed to be Lysander helped to battle the Elemental Lords of Darkness and Wind.

Then all of a sudden the drawbridge came down and the soldiers of Animare came out and fought the soldiers of Paragory. The Elemental Lords though had been drained most of their magic so they had to retreat giving favor to the armies of Paragory. When all of a sudden one of the houses roofs blew off and a stream of light from the sky to the house was formed. Destroying the darkness and bringing the lightness of day, Everyone looked in awe to see who it was..

PotenLux looked over the crowd and seeing the dark armies of Paragory had taken most of the city, cried in outrage at all the dead elves who had been trampled over. Already the Paragory soldiers knew that this was a Avatar and tried to run out of the city. PotenLux cried," You will not leave, you will pay for your actions!" He raised his hands and a layer of ice covered the entrance to the city trapping the soldiers. With a blinding light he freed the souls of the undead, leaving the army with half of their soldiers dead. The necromancers combining powers in hope of defeating it were mercilessly struck down by fire and their ashes were washed away by a flood.

PotenLux looked over the remaining soldiers and said," Enough blood has been spilled, lay down your weapons, and surrender, then you can go home." The soldiers who most had been forced to go, lay down their weapons and bowed to the avatar.. Then the King stood up," This is the beginning of peace! The avatars have blessed us with a deliverer and this is only the beginning of Sepulchure's downfall"

The Kingdom rejoiced all over the land of what PotenLux had done. Sepulchure though was not very pleased and went to meet Paragor on a mountain. "You have failed me" Said Sepulchure," Give me a reason not to kill you." Paragor very confident walked up and said," The attack was more fruitful then you think, the siege was only a distraction. I have retrieved the scroll from the Elder Tree in the forests."

Sepulchure said, "Does it tell you everything you need to know." Paragor smiling now, reassured the danger was over replied saying," Yes, it tells us where to go and I got the key we need." Holding up a dark ancient key. Sepulchure smiled," Very well done my Servant, you have pleased me very much. Go, get some men and get there before PotenLux finds out what you took from the tree and tries to stop you."

Chapter 7: The Avatar's Curse

"This is all my fault," The young avatar thought. The siege had ended very soon after the surrender of the remaining invaders. A red sun had risen and as PotenLux looked over the city, everything he saw brought great distraught to him. The armies of Paragory had destroyed the once tall, beautiful seven towers that watched over the city. The once very artistically crafted walls had been all crumbled, as broken bodies of men and elves lay over them. Potenlux then turned his gaze to his street and wished right away he hadn't.

Thousands of bodies lay on the ground, and very few of them were Paragor's soldiers.. The venomous arrows had found many a prey that night, and as he looked over he found the mom that was struggling to get her children to safety. He walked over to there to find something squirming, it was a little two year old child crying. Clutching the baby, he tried to sooth it, knowing because of him being here, this boy would never see his mother again.

PotenLux then seeing a kind elf girl behind him knew right away that this girl was the baby's sister. He handed the child to the girl, who then thanking him for saving them walked off to the temporary recovery area. PotenLux then turned to the house where the elderly elf had saved him from the dangerous arrows. Only to find him dead, having been punctured by several arrows. PotenLux ready to cry ran out of the house, only again to see the trampled, twisted elven bodies laying on the ground. PotenLux then finding a clear place, sat down, and cried.

Just then he heard a voice behind him saying, "This is not your fault PotenLux" He looked around to see Lysander standing there, he stood up and said to his mentor," How is it not my fault, I came here and Paragor sent his troops to kill me, if i had not come these people would be alive." Lysander then replied," I tell you again this is not your fault, Sepulchure and Paragor are the blame of this. Their power has corrupted them so much that they do not care who they kill."

PotenLux looked up at Lysander, tears still streaming down his face."They fear you already PotenLux, they know the power you harness, so like a coward they sent their forces to kill you. If you are looking for someone to blame, blame them." Lysander then stood up and continued," You are a great warrior but a great warrior must learn to respect the people, come, help bury the dead and then you will continue your mission."

PotenLux got up and went to work hauling the bodies from the streets, picking up the rubble, healing people, and finding food to keep the city alive until reinforcements could arrive. Then he noticed all the elves started to gather together in the middle of the city, and walked in formation to the burial grounds. Caskets of the dead were being carried there, and PotenLux seeing a coffin with a name he recognized, had a elf help him pick it up. Then they began the most painful and longest walk of all times....

The elves begin to sing after the last of the coffins were put into the ground and the holes filled. Just then a majestic bird flew in, it was the songbird of the elves. It began to sing a song so very sad and yet so full of hope, PotenLux feeling a pull lifted his hand into the sky and the elves beheld in awe of what he did. The graves were covered with the most beautiful of flowers, the grass started to pop out of the dirt, and the graveyard was filled with vines of light weaving all around. The vines slowly bloomed out little flowers and the elves started to cry with all the avatar had done for them. PotenLux now feeling it was time to leave and let the elves do their rituals in private.

"I am proud of you my son," Said a powerful voice,He turned around to see a tall woman clothed in light in front of him. "I am your mother and I have come to comfort you after your most trying trial. I feel your cries all the way from the Elemental Planes." The mother and son hugged each other and the little avatar who had to grow up too fast let out all his emotions. Later after he was able to control himself, he looked up to his mother and knew she was on a mission to tell him something. The tall Avatar said," I am sorry what has happened but I am afraid you will have more challenging trials ahead of you, and death will be your companion until Sepulchure is defeated, I have something to show you."

The Avatar pulled out a orb of light and PotenLux looked into it, he saw a dark figure in front of a majestic tree. He could all of a sudden feel what the tree was thinking."Elder Tree, give me what I desire" said the Dark figure, his cold hands touched the bark. The Elder Tree shivered and thought, "I must protect the scroll for him, I promised my Lord I will protect it from the Evil One." All of a sudden the Dark Figure had a fiery axe and in one sweep, he fell the mighty Elder Tree. The last thought of the Elder Tree was," I am sorry my Lord, I have failed you, he has taken the key and the scroll" PotenLux starting to fly up, saw the Dark Figure put his hand in the trunk, took out a key and scroll, looked at the scroll and began to smile.

PotenLux jumped out of the orb, overwhelmed at what he had seen. "Confused are you?"His mother said," That is the first tree of Lore, it was given magical powers to think and talk from the maker of Lore. The tree in gratitude of what his maker had done hid a scroll and key." PotenLux now curious," What is the scroll and key for?" His mother looking at the coming dusk, knowing she had to go soon said," The scroll leads to a prison, the key unlocks the prison. There is a monster in there, that was once not a monster. If Sepulchure releases it. many more lives will be lost. I must go now, for the sun has set and I must return to the plane of light. Ask your friends to tell you the story of the Elder Wyrm Lord and Galimagesh, goodbye my son and good luck! I will be watching you!" She then flew off into the sky and PotenLux saw Lysander approaching..

"I see you talked to your mother, what did she say?" said Lysander. "I am post to ask the tale of the Elder Wyrm Lord and Galimagesh, then I am post to stop Sepulchure from releasing a monster."replied PotenLux. " Oh, that shouldn't be hard at all, but I am afraid I must stay at the city now and can not help you on your adventure to stop the monster. I can though get you a storyteller and a group of my finest soldiers to help you on your mission." PotenLux bowing in gratitude, retired for the night, very anxious to meet his new companions and to hear the story of the Elder Wyrm Lord.

Chapter 8: The Group of Companions

The sun was just starting to rise when PotenLux was walking down to meet his new companions in the meeting room. As he opened the door he saw his mentor turn around and say, "Ahh PotenLux, you have finally arrived come, sit down, and I will introduce you to your new companions." PotenLux looked around to see a group of eight staring at him, and was surprised to see that most of the group was man and not elf. Lysander said then, "We will start from the right side of the table, your first companion is Wizard Mareth, he is from the city of Swordhaven, he will lead your party, and may I say it a very powerful wizard indeed."

The wizard bowed low to the Avatar and Lysander continued," We then have the Twins, Lady Athena and Lady River both powerful elf witches and healers, Dragonlord Dragonman66, who is bonded to the water prime dragon, Lord Ferret, another mighty Dragonlord, Magic weaver Wouwourm, he was blessed by the avatars to look into souls and use a different type of ancient magic, Daxxter, a mighty warrior from the North, he is in charge of the maps, and last but not least, we have Ramon, a loyal soldier to Alawick." PotenLux then amazed at the mighty and powerful people Lysander had gathered to help him on his quest.

"And so you have your group, they will lead you on your quest to the mighty mountains of where the prison is legend to be but before you leave, meet me downstairs will you." Lysander after saying this turned around and walked out the door to wait for PotenLux, PotenLux then knowing time was of the essence walked down the stairs with Lysander to a different room. "I believe it is time for you to know the tale of the Elder Wyrm Lord and Galimagesh, I want you to close your eyes and listen to me." PotenLux closed his eyes and what he saw was a wonderful Castle in the middle of the forest, He saw someone he knew was powerful saying goodbye to a human as he walked out of the gates.

"There once upon a time lived a mighty dragon and a human. The Maker of Lore seeking things out in his creation found the dragon first, since this was the first Dragon he was blessed with many powers. The Maker and the Dragon had a bond together that was very strong, until one day... The Maker found the first Human and they had a special bond to, the dragon then feeling of jealousy waited one day for the Maker to leave the Human's castle. The gates were very strong and nothing could break through them once they were shut, The Maker told the Human not to open his gates until he had returned, The dragon very cunning went up to the gate and slowly convinced the human to open his gates, instead of a kindly dragon entering. The jealous dragon slayed the kind human, destroyed the castle, and laid waste to everyone inside. The Maker came back a few days later and knew right away who had done this."

"He called out to the dragon, but the dragon hid from the Maker fearing what he would do to him. The Maker though knew everything and found the Dragon and his eight wolves who were the first of their kind too. They fought the Maker but in seconds the Maker in rage of what the Dragon had done. The Maker still not wanting to slay the monsters.Buried the eight wolves and put them in a deep sleep, then he charged some elder trees to keep them asleep and out of harms way. The Dragon was not so lucky, the Maker crafted a whole inside a lake of fire and threw the Dragon in there. Doomed to be trapped inside obsidian forever, and then the Maker hid the scroll and key for the prison inside the First Tree while it was still a sapling."

PotenLux opened his eyes and gasped in amazement at what he had seen. "So if this dragon does exist and Sepulchure does release it, he will have the most powerful dragon in the world." Lysander then nodded his head at what PotenLux had said," The firstborns were always given unusually strong powers, and don't forget the eight firstborn wolves that are in our forests." PotenLux very confused about something replied,"Sepulchure has the scroll and knows how to get there but then how do we find out how to get there?" Lysander said," You will go visit the Kingdom of Nareth, where the King there may be able to help you, he has always been loyal to your King." PotenLux knowing it was time to leave looked at his mentor one last time. He then walked out to where his companions waited on their unicorns...

"I always loved Unicorns," Said Athena, "They are so much faster then horses you know, and they ride like they are running on a cloud." Daxxter annoyed at the delay looked up at the sun and said," Yes, Yes we know Athena, now let us ride before Sepulchure undead dragons decide to kill us." Athena and PotenLux grinned at each other and mounted their unicorns.As they left the once safe elven forests he realized how much he had come to love this place the last month, and hoped they would see it again. They traveled very far the first week and then they came to the dreaded area," The IcePath", Said Mareth," We must traveled hard and fast across or else we may be cursed by Sepulchure and quickly freeze to death." They rode across the twenty mile Ice Path as fast as they could and just when they crossed it and entered the forests next to it.

That night Mareth announced that they had traveled faster then he planned so they would get to take a extra long break that night. Just when the twins were practicing their archery, they saw a blue flash of fire hit something the night, making a loud THUD as it crashed. The whole group ran to see Wouwourm standing over a dragon,"I thought I felt something come over our way, it is a scout and must of smelled our sent." DragonMan66 shaked his head and then said," We were to sloppy this night, I pray that they won't notice that blue fire." Just then he raised his hand, and slowly groaned,"They noticed it."

Then slightly annoyed pulled out his sword and summoned his dragon to him. The rest of the group started to gather together, the twins slowly started to chant, Wouwourm then began to wave his hands in the air as if he was weaving something, the rest of the group slowly formed in a circle. Then out of the darkness came the first of the soldiers, and DragonMan striked the a couple of soldiers then the battle began. Since the enemy knew they were there, the magicians were not shy about using their magic to burn up Paragon's soldiers. The soldiers soon getting wise to the skill of their opponents tried to cut off the group from each other. The sky soon lit up with magicians attacking their enemies and the clashing of swords could be heard for miles. PotenLux looking up for a second all of a sudden saw a most dreaded thing, the sky was covered with dragons and they weren't friendly either.

The first of the dragons landed down, squashing a few Paragory soldiers and started to attack Wouwourm who easily dealt with him. He all of a sudden noticed thousands of dragons falling from the sky all cut up and turned around to see the twins were busy chanting away. He smiled knowing the battle would be won, till he heard the ground shake... He turned again to see a giant undead monster who then striked Lord Ferret and Daxxter to the ground. He screamed in rage at this and knowing that was exactly when he needed to summon his powers..

He raised his hand and all of a sudden night turned into day, and his eyes and hands began to glow with a pure light. The undead giant wearing light resistant armor laughed at the Avatar knocking him down to the ground. PotenLux smiling flew back up and starting throwing powerful light magic at the giant's weak spots. Slowly when the armor dissolved off he cast the release spell and the giant's soul was freed. He could even hear the giant say Thank You as he watched the ball of light float up. Feeling already his rage starting to calm down, threw frantically lightning at the remaining Paragory soldiers and ending the battle very fast.

The next day when the sun arose PotenLux looked over the battlefield and was surprised to see how much soldiers they had slain last night. Their group hadn't gotten by scratch free either, Wouwourm had gotten a nasty gash from a Necromancer spell, DragonMan66's armor had saved him from a undead thrusting a giant spear into his heart, and only punctured the skin. Lord Ferret and Daxxter were recovering from the nasty blow from the undead giant. Those that weren't injured too badly were busy healing their companions and packing up the camp. PotenLux then was taunted by a memory again, "This is My Fault" but was able to shake that off by getting busy with helping the others.

As they made ready to leave camp , Wouwourm's head starting hurting and said," I feel like there is some disturbance in this realm, I fear if we do not move soon this disturbance may become Lore's Destruction". PotenLux knew right away that Sepulchure was close to the Dragon's prison now and pressed his unicorn to go faster. He almost could hear Sepulchure's voice, taunting him as he rode..

_________

Chapter 9: The Race...

They had now arrived, Potenlux saw they had entered the forest and knew right away it was a elven forest. "Stand down now," said Lady Athena," They will find us soon enough and keep your weapons down." Glaring at Daxxter with his axe high up in the air, Daxxter noticing Lady Athena looking at his weapon lowered it with a sigh. "The elves are proud folk," said Mareth,"They are the most agile being on Lore and must be respected, they will take the slightest offense and now they plan to severe diplomacy with Alawick since the new king on the throne."

They walked a few more steps and all of a sudden, there was whistle and right in front of PotenLux's nose was a arrow embedded into the tree. "Drop your weapons now," Said a voice, the group slowly set their weapons down except the twins. They stepped out from the group and River Song said, " Enough of this babble, Norwick come out of the forest like a coward and respect your kindred." "River Song," Said the not so confident voice of a male elf, PotenLux quickly noted that the blond elf was strongly built and rather young in years still. "Please forgive me for my rudeness," The Elf then bowed to the twins,"Come it is almost dark and these forests are not as safe as they use to be." The Elf pointed a direction and the group started to head off that way.

The further they went the more lost PotenLux felt until they broke out of the forest to reveal a massive elven city. It looked to be all green and had a feeling of ancientness. "Welcome to Levennar, the forest city of the southern elves, it has stood for thousands of years against evil. It is the closest city to Shadowfall that can stand against it, the undead have never gone into our forests." They entered the humungous gates and then River Song said to the Elven General,"I can take them to the throne room Sweetie." She blinked her eyes and then lead the way, soon PotenLux was very lost and understood very fast the cities defenses. Not only was there strong walls and great battlements but the way to the city itself was a maze and there was always always here and there in strategic areas where archers or mages could fire down upon the enemy.

They finally arrived in front of a giant white building, the gates were crafted by expert hands and was decorated with diamonds. The doors were opened to see a long hallway to a throne, the humans feeling quite squeamish about going in offered to stay outside to stand guard. So PotenLux, Mareth, and the twins walked in, and as the doors closed behind them they felt like they were locked in a prison. "Grave times have gathered a group of wanderers in hopes of raising a deliverer to stop the Shadowscythe. Yet I unlike the former king do not believe in the silly kingdom of Alawick and its capital Myserend." The King said as he rose from his throne," What do you want adventurers, I will only hear you out because you have captured the attention of the twins." Mareth stepped forward and said," Oh great King, our cities have very been together to stop the forces of the Shadowscythe, I am sorry for our lack of communication in the last few months but we had to keep it a secret until PotenLux was ready."

The King then looked at PotenLux," The fabled Avatar that will save us all from Sepulchure dark reign." He took PotenLux's hand and closed his eyes, suddenly he opened his eyes again and faltered back. "By the avatars!, I have never seen such light I am sorry for my hesitation." He then looks at Mareth,"I will not suffer relationships now with your kingdom for now, dark times indeed, but alas the person I know you seek I allowed to pass through our lands. I let my blindness let Paragor through, but I can help you to your destination." He clapped his hands and a elder like elf brought a scroll forth and laid it on the table, he then opened the scroll for the king. Potenlux looked at the scroll with Mareth and noticed right away what it was, it was a map!

The King pointed at a area on the map," If what you say is true, and the Wyrm Lord does exist, his prison is said to be in the lake of fire. We have always pondered where that could be and we figured it must be this wilderness." The King sighed and sat on his throne," That land was fabled to be wonderful land until one day it just changed into darkness and despair, it was legend that it happened at the dawn of time. If there would be a prison it would be there, there is a problem though if the dragon is there." He stuck his finger on a city not to far from the wilderness," Long ago our ally, the kingdom of Maherm known for their gift at crafting made a throne for your king. Sepulchure wanted a throne just like it though and offered great riches and power to the king. The king refused and stood fast against Sepulchure, if the dragon is released I will not be surprised if he strikes there first."

Mareth then soaking all this information finally said," Thank You King, I request this of you know, send dragons to transport the women and children from that city to hear for protection. Have your elves ready to ambush Paragor should he release the dragon and defeat Maherm. He has no other choice to return to his castle except through your forests, set your elves here, here and here." He points at different areas in the forests. Lady Athena then spoke up after speaking with her sister," I highly suggest you call for aid from the other cities, I feel it in my bones that we are going to need all the soldiers we can get." River Song then spoke up," Mareth, You will take Daxxter, Ramon, and Wouwourm to Maherm to warn the king and prepare the battlements just incase the worse happens. PotenLux, Me, My sister, Dragonman66, and Lord Ferret will head to the wilderness and hope for the best to beat Paragon there.

The next morning the two groups broke off and took to the air in their dragons, PotenLux watched as the twins mentally discussed what to do when they get there. DragonMan66 with his amazingly huge water dragon stayed close and tried to give a reassuring smile. "Wilderness is right ahead!" Yelled Lord Ferret who was scouting ahead, as soon as they got to the border of the wilderness PotenLux could just feel it in the air how ancient this land was. They all gathered in a group as Lady Athena gave out orders," All right everyone, I want you to spread out but keep at least one person in sight and scout for anything that could be a lake of fire."

A few minutes later they saw DragonMan66 waving to summon everyone. "Look at this everyone!" he pointed to a area where trails of lava were waving everywhere. PotenLux about to open his mouth noticed all of a sudden a black area, and then he noticed a giant hole in the side of the hillside. "I will go down and investigate, "cried Dragonman66, "You stay guard." "No you won't!" Said River Song, I will not let you risk your water dragon for that, besides mine is much quicker." Before anyone could say anything she dove down to the cave and landed in front of the entrance, she ran down some ancient hued steps and disappeared from view. What seemed like hours for her to come back up, all of a sudden there was a explosion on the top of the hill. "The temporary trails are breaking up, if River doesn't come back up that will be her prison!!" said Lady Athena, obviously very worried about her sister. As the lava started to slowly work its way to the stairs a figure popped out of the hole and wearily ran up to her dragon, getting on seconds before the lava hit the stairs.

They flew away from the wilderness knowing they had to ask questions soon though landed, everyone started to barrel her with questions. Then Lord Ferret said,"Enough, let her rest before asking her any more questions." He slowly used his dragonlord healing skills and had River Song recovering at a remarkable speed. He then asked River Song," So what was down there?" River Song all of a sudden went all pale," It was horrible, as soon as I got down to the stairs there was these doors, such very ancient old doors. They were all scratched up by huge claws, and I entered the prison, it was all stone and it felt there had been a ancient evil in there, full of anger and bitterness." "Had been?" said Lord Ferret, "The Prison was empty.." replied River Song. Lady Athena then took hold of the situation and said,"The ancient rumors are true, we must fly as fast as possible to Maherm and hope for the best." They all got on their dragons and flew to Maherm, and as they got close Lady Athena said," I see smoke! Be prepared for anything!"

Far away in a dark flying fortress a certain Doomknight felt a disturbance in the air and smiled. "You are doing well my servant, the downfall of PotenLux is intimate now. You better not let my pet get killed"

Chapter 10: An Ancient Evil Unleashed

"It is worse then I feared," said Lady Athena, as they flew around the castle before landing outside the gates. "The walls and gates," Said River Song, "They have been melted, how is that possible?" As they walked in they found no one, no bodies or any living soul in the place until they saw a group come out of nowhere. It was what remained of their other companions, PotenLux ran up to Mareth, "I see all of our group lives except Ramon, what has happened to him?" Daxxter then said,"He betrayed us that's what, he was giving information to Paragor the whole time, which explains why they were always a step ahead of us." Dragonman66 annoyed now,"How is there no people though, the men of Maherm are mighty and could of at least held Paragor's men off for a week."

Wouwourm now spoke up,"That be true if they had been alone, and not a single man from Paragor's army entered the city." "How did this happen then?" asked PotenLux who then knew right away, "The Wyrm Lord." "The Wyrm Lord indeed Master PotenLux, I am too weary to tell the whole story so close your eyes and open your mind." said Wouwourm. PotenLux and the rest of his companions closed their eyes and when they did, they found themselves in the city at night. It was still full of people, some getting onto dragons to flee to safety, the others ran to the castle where a stubborn king refused to run and had walked to the wall of the city. PotenLux noticed that the King was about to speak to the dark figure in the midst of the army when the figure threw off his cape to reveal to the king that he was Paragor. He then raised a dark scepter into the air and then PotenLux heard metal doors opening, then a flutter of wings, and in the darkness a dragon burned up the king before he had time to move.

The Dragon then landed on the ground and started to breathe fire on the walls, that began to melt! The dragon then turned his head and burned down the gates, he then with his claws pulled the gates away so he could enter. PotenLux noticed in horror that this dragon was huge but noticed how scraggly it looked, it looked kindof thin, it was slightly weak he could tell, but he noticed how beautiful the creature had once been. It's once shiny scales were now bathed in black smoke, and it was always was leaving traces of dark tendrils of smoke. He could just feel evil pouring out of it, the bitterness and anger was in its once kind eyes. The soldiers then started to threw spears at the dragon but he picked them off like they were annoying toothpicks and then raised his head and let out a despairing screech. The soldiers brought down to their knees were easy target for the dragon who set fire to them, but it was worse then that, after he stopped there was not even ashes left over from the heroic soldiers.

The dragon then looking extremely tired drew back as thousands of Paragory soldiers poured threw, setting fire to and destroying everything in their site. Just when the soldiers drew back PotenLux heard the flutter of wings again and the dragon flew over his head to the castle. The last thing he saw was the dragon setting fire mercilessly to the castle trapping everyone inside to a most terrible doom. "Noooo!" He cried as he opened his eyes, "We must gather the group and head to Levennar to help fight Paragor's soldiers." Lord Ferret smiled,"It's a good thing I sent summons to Myserend for troops is it not?" PotenLux smiled,"Yes indeed."

The group then took off into the sky on their dragons, as they got closer to Levennar, PotenLux worried what might be happening on the battle fields. They slowly circled and the group started to break off, "PotenLux your coming with me," Said Dragonman66 and they broke off to a different part of the forest. All of a sudden they were surrounded by troops and were hacking away at them until for some reason they all backed off and it got very quite. PotenLux got lost in the forest and was separated from Dragonman66, he then found himself in a semi open area in front of a dark wagon. All of a sudden he heard a clank from the inside and knew right away what it was... It was the Wyrm Lord....

"Hold those soldiers back!" Said Lord Ferret, Daxxter and him off from the group near the elven city and were fighting soldiers right and left. All of a sudden they came into a area where a rather large man had slayed several elven and human soldiers. Lord Ferret sensed something was different about this man, the eyes were different, the body was almost not human like... Daxxter then threw a axe into the man that went deep into his chest, the man then growled pulling the axe out, then started to howl. Slowly before their eyes they saw the man change into one of the first seven wolves. Lord Ferret knew right away that this beast was going to take alot to kill but before he could even summon his dragon the wolf launched himself at Daxxter. Daxxter moved to the side and try to through another axe into the monsters spine, the monster outraged grabbed Daxxter with his mouth and launched him into the forest.

Lord Ferret shocked at what just happened raised his Dragonlord sword and shot lightning at the wolf. The wolf cried in outraged charged at Lord Ferret who raised his shield and prayed he would survive this attack. The wolf then pounced for the assumed easy prey, never touched the ground. Lord Ferret looked up and smiled to see his dragon had just arrived and had bitten into the back of the wolf. The wolf in outrage screamed and was able to scratch deeply into the dragon's neck who then dropped the wolf and cried in pain. The wolf then was then pinned between a angry dragon and his dragonlord. The dragonlord then swung his sword and stabbed at one of the eyes of the wolf and the dragon dug his claws into the wolves back. The wolf strangely had a moment of strength pushed off the dragon and ran into the forest, where Daxxter firmly planted a axe into the wolves neck instantly killing him. "That was very satisfying, now six more wolves to go." Daxxter said smiling.

Mareth and Wouwourm had been the last people to land and were immediately surrounded undead, Mareth and Wouwourm mixed their spells together and started to destroy the undead, thousands upon thousands still came though but they kept on destroying them. All of a sudden they noticed something different, they turned around to see undead on undead dragons. "Mareth, this is not good, I can see weaves of protective spells against magic on those dragons." Said Wouwourm, "I can un-weave them but it will take time to do it." Mareth said," Just do what you got to do Wouwourm and I will protect you." Wouwourm slowly closed his eyes and slowly started to breathe, *this is going to be a fun* thought Mareth. He then raised his sword to the undead and slowly hacked away at them, "This is soo easy!" said Mareth until he felt a whack from behind. He turned quickly to see that one of the undead dragons was advancing to attack him.

Mareth raised his sword and struck the dragon but his sword bounced right off, the dragon then with tossed him out of the way and advanced to Wouwourm. Mareth started to panic began flinging several major spells at the dragon which bounced right off, just when the dragon was about to strike down on Wouwourm. Wouwourm opened his eyes, but they weren't normal, they were glowing and light shimmered all around him revealing numerous tattoos. He raised his hand and what looked like dirt started to shed off of the dragon, Mareth know what this meant smiled and raising his hand not caring who saw. Brought the four elements down on the undead, fire started to burn up some of the undead, water started to destroy the undead, air started to tear their bones apart, and then earth reclaimed the bones that was stolen from it a long time ago. Wouwourm then muttered something raised his hand and a strange portal opening sucking all the undead dragons into it where they were never seen again.

The door had started to open and next to the door was Paragor himself who was giving a much too triumphant smile. PotenLux started to close his eyes to summon to powers when Paragor knocked him to the ground. "You fool," Paragor said,"I know your powers but they are no match for me and the Wyrm Lord, who is very much hungry after his long imprisonment." All of a sudden a blast of magic hit Paragor who looked up to see who had done this, it was the twins. "Come now Paragor, we say give the child a fair fight, he is just sport, come fight us if you want a challenge," Said Athena. "Very well, but I know of your powers and I know i can defeat you two," Said Paragor with a smirk, he raised his sword to challenge the twins when he noticed something was very wrong. The twins speaking in unison now said," Do you remember the Goddesses Athena and Artemis, that they were then trapped in human form. Your master may have tricked us then but we are growing strong again."

Paragor very afraid now watched as the twins raised their hands and lightning consumed them, there was a flash of light and when he looked again. There was no twins, there was a giant dragon and he knew that this was going to be a fight. "Take care of this avatar my pet, I will take care of the goddesses." Said Paragor though sounding not to reasonably assured. PotenLux watched as Paragor and the twins began to duel in the pasture in front of the wagon, he watched in awe as the twins fought Paragor, and noticed how a beautiful dragon they were. Until he heard a banging from the wagon, He had a dragon to fight, and it wasn't a nice one...

PotenLux pulled out his sword staff and watched as the doors opened, black smoked poured out of the wagon as he saw two giant claws grasped for outside of the wagon, then a head popped out, followed by the rest of a huge black scaly body. "I do not fear you Elder Wyrm Lord, I am the Avatar of Light sent to destroy the darkness that has corrupted Lore, you will be defeated." The Wyrm Lord as if he was trying to sound out words finally said in a gravely voice,"I know of you Avatar, from the dawn of time there were scrolls about you, and I know on this day you will not defeat me, now come I am hungry from my long imprisonment. " The battle then erupted when the Elder Wyrm Lord with his acid like fire tried to consume PotenLux who always was able to jump away from the fire in the nick of time.

PotenLux casted several light spells at the dragon who only seemed to be irritated by the magic. PotenLux then ducking another dash of flame did not notice the claw that came at him throwing him down to the ground. The Wyrm Lord smiling in triumph as he prepared to blast the avatar who readied himself for the deathly blow. Just as he saw the Wyrm Lord's flames coming at him it was stopped seconds from hitting him by a giant rush of water. The Wyrm Lord turned to see who it was that saved his meal and said,"Who are you?" "I am Dragonlord Dragonman 66th of the Dragonmen, I am bonded to the Water Prime Dragon Cravqo."replied the brave dragonlord. The Wyrm Lord smiled,"Dragon Primal meat is always the best." The Wyrm Lord dropped the avatar and began to battle the primal dragon and Dragonman66.

Every time the Wyrm Lord breathed fire, Cravqo would counter the fire with a giant rush of water. PotenLux watched helplessly as the twins battled Paragor and Dragonman fought the Wyrm Lord. The battles seem matched evenly with no side seeming to win when all of a sudden Paragor aimed a flash of lightning directly at Cravqo. The Primal Dragon screamed in pain as it fell the ground unconscious, the Wyrm Lord ignored the primal dragon and turned to help Paragor fight the twins. The twins seeing what happened bit deep into the Wyrm Lords side before Paragor could strike them to the ground. PotenLux all of a sudden felt a blow from the back and turned around to slay a undead before he fell to the ground unconscious.

"I feel like this has been happening to me alot," said PotenLux laying in bed talking to a battered up Mareth. "You are very lucky to be alive young Avatar, but the twins damage to the Wyrm Lord had Paragor order a retreat to Paragory." Mareth smiled,"Yes the Wyrm Lord and the six remaining first wolves have been released but he has will take time to heal. Paragor has suffered a terrible loss in that battle, we lost many warriors too but we still have the city and many people will be healed." Just then the twins walked in, both looking a bit pale and had scars all over their bodies. PotenLux then said," I had no idea that you were goddesses, that was a amazing how combined into a dragon and took on Paragor." River Song smiled," We were goddesses, we are now trapped in elven forms as witches. It is a long story Hero, how that happened and may one day we can tell you when the threat is over how we became trapped."

Lady Athena then spoke up,"Remember who saved your life too, Dragonman66, he and his dragon stopped the Wyrm Lord from killing you. The water primal dragon sadly is dead though from Paragor's strike but the dragon did give a egg days before she died. The egg shall soon hatch and balance will be restored." Mareth then said,"That is enough for now, just rest assured young PotenLux that all your companions are alive and are well." As everyone walked out PotenLux closed his eyes, wondered what Sepulchure would be doing next and what he will have to do to stop him.

Paragor had finally returned to his stronghold with his remaining troops and a slightly injured Wyrm Dragon who was rushed off to be healed, and restore his former strength. "Sir," said one scared captain,"Sepulchure has just heard of your defeat and is not pleased." Paragor starting to walk away said,"Sepulchure, is no worry to me, I have much more to worry about then keeping his happy." The Captain said,"He is coming." Paragor then froze and turned around,"When?". The captain pointed to a window and Paragor walked over to it, he looked out and what life remained in his face immediately drained. The flying fortress had arrived...

Chapter 11: Freedom with a Dash of Diplomacy

The battle had been won, the dead had been collected, and now it was time to get back to work. PotenLux had been tasked to go up North with Lord Ferret to help free some of the cities from the Shadowscythe's control. PotenLux thought back to what Mareth had said,"The less the enemy controls the weaker they are, Sepulchure needs the Northern city for their mines." PotenLux had already said his goodbyes to his fellow companions, Mareth and Maxxter was returning to Alawick to help plan attacks on Paragory, DragonMan was heading somewhere secret to train his new baby primal dragon the element of water, Wouwourm was going to be studying the Elven magic for awhile, the twins were staying to help repair the city and lead a invading army south to severe Paragory's feed lines to the farms and strategic strongholds.

Lord Ferret had a giant dragon so they both decided to do double back and just ride his dragon. Morning came faster then PotenLux wanted it to and they were off, they took a five thousands human and elf soldiers on dragonback to meet the invading army. "Where are we first attack?" yelled PotenLux, "We are heading to Mandosalog, it fell to Sepulchure several years ago, it has vast mines around it that can make millions of weapon for who ever controls it." Yelled Lord Ferret,"It is almost nae impenetrable unless you have something very powerful, Oh wait, we do!" Lord Ferret now started to chuckle. A few weeks later they finally arrived at the camp site to see some very weary cold soldiers waiting to help them. The General there welcomed them to the camp and gave immediate command over to Lord Ferret, as the general gave information about the current status of the army and the city. PotenLux walked over to see a giant city, he then let out a quiet whistle.

The city was built on the side of a mountain and its walls were made of thick white stone. The gate looked to be a foot inch stick of steel and the city he could tell had catapults all around in different areas. It had once been a very beautiful city he noticed, there was probably children laughing, bells ringing, and people would be busy running to and fro from the market. The city now had giant pipes with dark smoke coming out of them and the gates looked very unwelcoming. He walked back to see Lord Ferret frowning and deep in thought about something, Lord Ferret then explained the situation.The troops were about ready to give up and go home, but they had promised to stay another three days and then they would leave. "The general showed me this map," Said Lord Ferret, pointing to a area on the map,"There is a place outside the city where some men could slip in through the sewers and climb up through a grate that is right next to the main gates. If we can open the gates victory is very much assured, I am told there is not that many soldiers in there actually."

Lord Ferret then turned to PotenLux,"Do you think you can do this mission for me? Your the only person I can trust to lead this mission." PotenLux nodded and set out to get the proper weapons and men for this daring mission. What seemed to be all to soon when the moon started arising, which was then clouded up by Lord Ferret's mages to keep it as dark as possible in the city. The men arrived down to the sewer entrance where there was a few guards, the elven archer's shot them out in a few seconds and they entered the sewer. It was extremely slimy and smelly in the sewers as they walked through, making sure to avoid magical and non-magical traps that were layered throughout the path. Just when they were about to arrive a mage went in front with a magical shield around him when some sharp crystals shattered through his shield and killed him instantly. Suddenly through the city was magical shrieks, waking up the soldiers and everyone else in the city.

PotenLux knew that time was of the essence now yelled, "Move!!" PotenLux's little group broke through the grate and ran toward the giant gate only to have a little welcoming party. PotenLux quickly looked to see the mechanisms of the gate, there was two houses with the levers in them to open the gate. He divided his group into half and each side went and invaded the houses. "Get that gate open!!" yelled PotenLux who was then surrounded by soldiers. Knowing he needed to focus if he was going to get out of this alive, breathed very slowly and let out a long breath.

He then looked around and seeing torches around him called out to the fire and immediately was surrounded by a fire shield. *Focus Now*, he thought, *just keep a level head and and I will get out of this alive* he then raised his arms releasing a explosion of light knocking the soldiers to their feet. Just then he heard a click and looked to see the doors slowly opening to the invading army waiting outside. PotenLux smiling, destroyed the remaining soldiers standing and then advanced with the rest of the army to take the city. The soldiers knowing they had lost had dropped their weapons and begged for surrender. "Where is your King?" asked Lord Ferret to a soldier. "He has locked himself into the tower and has tasked a necromancer to keep anyone from entering his house."said the frightened soldier. Lord Ferret nodded his head to PotenLux, Potenlux then walked to the castle and just before entering was almost struck by necro acid.

PotenLux then raised his hand and cast a light spell knocking the supposedly powerful necromancer to the ground. PotenLux then checked the necromancer to make sure he was dead and then advanced to find a terrible sight. There was another necromancer who had two children in front of him. The necromancer smiled," Leave now or else I will turn these children undead, and I know you don't want that to happen do you... Avatar of Light?" PotenLux slowly turned away and acted like he was going to leave, just when he heard the necromancer relax a bit he turned around and blasted the necromancer away. He called some men up to take the children away to safety and then advanced to get the slightly chubby king from the tower.

Lord Ferret looking slightly tired saw PotenLux yawn a bit," You need to rest young Avatar, as do I. We got to finish liberating the land and this is only the beginning. Luckily everywhere else the cities are not so defensive, so I will have you take a few hundred men and go liberate some of those cities. I want you to rest for now though, there is a chamber ready for you. Good night, young avatar." PotenLux nodded and headed off to his quarters to get some much needed rest.

Chapter 12: A Traitor Revealed

"Take out that tower there, don't let those Paragory rats hold up in there!" yelled the new general Rukaji who had been assigned to go with PotenLux. They had been defeating the little villages that Sepulchure once held for weeks now, and they were now marching to defeat the last strategic castle that Sepulchure held in the north. "The scouts have reported this to be a easy siege, but you never know what Sepulchure has up his sleeve," commented Rukaji. PotenLux noted what he had said and they continued the march to the castle. Once they had arrived PotenLux noticed it looked more like a tower surrounded by a wall, a giant black tower. The walls were covered in ice and the gates were formed to look like skulls. The soldiers slowly moved forward and not seeing anyone on the walls walked up the gate with a siege hammer, which they quickly busted down.

Rukaji and PotenLux walked in to see a most odd sight, there was hundreds of ice statues until PotenLux walked up close to one to see it blink. "It's a trap!" yelled PotenLux who then raised up his staff just in time to fend of a icy blow. A battle began to rage as the ice statues came to life and began to attack the little group, Rukaji who using his personal mages to cast a fire spells. Had them destroying almost all the statues before the fight had begun, the soldiers then looked over the broken statues wondering what would happen next. PotenLux raised his hand to quieten the troops, Rukaji feeling ill at ease raised his sword. Just then a ice pelt came from the sky which the fire mages stopped immediately. PotenLux and Rukaji went up to examine the quickly melting giant ice icicle that would of froze someone. Rukaji then touched the ice, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He then opened his eyes and said," Ice Wizard." He then started to yell to his soldiers to back out, when another ice pelt came from the sky and struck a couple of the men. The men slowly turned into icy statues and were about to attack Rukaji when PotenLux destroyed them with his staff.

The giant doors to the tower slowly opened to reveal a figure in icy dark robes walking down the stairs with a staff in his right hand. The fire mages raised their hands to fire a spell only to be instantly hit by a rain of ice and killed in seconds. "Pity, I was thinking you would have better warriors Rukaji." said a semi-familiar voice. "I was hoping for more of a challenge." PotenLux then spoke up," Who are you?" The wizard then lowered his hood and gave a icy smile. Rukaji and PotenLux both confused said,"Mareth?" Mareth then said," Confused? I would be surprised if you weren't, you see I have been helping Sepulchure since the siege of Animare.Why, you may ask would I work for such a weakling, the answer is simple."

Then wizard giving his crooked icy smile again continued," Many years ago I began looking for the lost elven book of ice, it would amplify the magicians powers a thousand folds and would teach me new powerful spells. I about found it when Sepulchure found it by accident and took it, Sepulchure then later hearing I wanted it made a deal with me. He gets you, I get my book and everyone is happy." The wizard then raised his staff and aimed it at soldiers only to be blocked then by PotenLux, "You can not defeat me Young Avatar," said the wizard who laughed evil like. "Don't you ever.. call me that.. again!!!" Yelled PotenLux, he then flew up into the sky with his eyes glowing, Mareth began to laugh raised his staff up and began to fly up to. Rukaji sensing that there was nothing more he and his men could do ordered them to back away. Just seconds after they had gone through the gates they heard the battle begin..

The wizard began to throw ice as hot as fire at PotenLux who then blocked it and returned the attack by throwing a beam of light as bright as the sun. The wizard threw it away like it was nothing and called down lightning to throw at PotenLux, PotenLux then again blocked it by using water to absorb the lightning before hitting him. Then PotenLox thinking quickly raised more water out of the nearby lake and encased Mareth in it, then he struck the water with lightning which then dropped the water. Mareth looking more mad and smelling like fried bacon dropped his staff because it was hot like fire from the charged electricity. Mareth starting to look a bit worried kept fending off the spells from PotenLux, until finally PotenLux released a giant fireball making Mareth fall to the ground. Just when he went to claim the ice wizard, the wizard raised his hand as if waving and disappeared in a wave of cold air.

"This disturbs me greatly," said Lord Ferret, Rukaji and PotenLux had met with him back at the first city they had sieged. "So Mareth has been working for Sepulchure all this time now for a book that will amplify his ice powers? We must avoid such a problem, Rukaji I am going to task you with some men to go siege Dragesvard. If there is a ice book that is where Sepulchure would hide it." Rukaji then said," Yes my Lord, I will do as you say and good luck PotenLux, it was a honor to fight with you and I hope to see you again soon in peaceful times." Rukaji then bowed out and went to leave for his mission. Lord Ferret then turned to PotenLux," Sepulchure to make a alliance with Mareth must mean he is desperate now, but remember a desperate man is more dangerous then ever.You are going to now head to Sandsea, Sepulchure controls strategic areas there that give him extraordinary power. Pray to your mother that we will succeed before Sepulchure's next move."

"Why is it whenever there is a defeat or failure you are there, Paragor?" said a very unhappy Doomknight. "You brought me a injured Wyrm Lord who will take weeks to recover, you let one of the first seven wolves get slain, and you lost most of your men. Give me one reason not to promote someone to your station?" The sweating soldier knew what a promotion meant, the previous leader was executed with his crown still on and then it was removed from his once whole head and put on the new leader. "Mm,mm, my lord, I have still brought you a Wyrm Lord, who when healed will be able to defeat Alawick and the Avatar, the only reason he did destroy him then was because of the Dragonlord and the Twins, which I must remind my Lord I slayed the primal water dragon. I also brought a mighty wizard to our side."

"Yes, that is right, a wizard that was defeated by a not fully grown avatar, and causing trouble in the elemental world. How did i forget what you've done for me!" Sepulchure then froze, "There is a way you can redeem yourself though.." Paragor was very anxious to do anything to redeem himself until he he"ard what the Dark Lord wanted him to do," But my lord, there is no way I can do that, it is impossible." Sepulchure then turned to Paragor,"Do i need you remind you the consequences shall you fail? now go , you have much to do and little time to do it.."

Chapter 13: An Old New Enemy

*Just keep on focusing PotenLux, you are their only hope don't let them down now, remember what your mother said.* That is what PotenLux had to keep telling himself these last few weeks, while they had been invading cities of the southern desert. Things had not gone as planned, the people were not rejoiced to see the Avatar of Light who could possible save their lives from Sepulchure. A messenger sent by Wouwourm had just arrived a few hours ago, Wouwourm had only told the messenger one sentence. "Something is changing, something is being awakened and changed, suspect Sepulchure is behind it. ~ Wouworum." PotenLux had meant with his trusted Generals to discuss this who then discussed this with the wise sages they had meant. No light could be shed on Wouwourm's message but they knew it could not be for the good. "I propose that we head to Sandsea" suggested PotenLux to the Generals at a meeting, "Are you nuts mon?" Said one of the generals," That is the most heavily fortified city in the whole desert, no one can break through its solid walls."

PotenLux then smiled for the first time in months,"That would be if you didn't have a secret weapon, Me." All the generals then agreed and started to plan their battle plans, except for one General who had to excuse himself. He walked out, whispered a few words to a desert man and was about to return to the tent when two men grabbed him by the arms and carried him in. "This man is a servant of Sepulchure, Potenlux, he was about to go give the plans away to some spy." said a quite familiar voice. PotenLux then walked closer,"Who are you, I demand you remove your masks at once!" The two men removed their masks to reveal two wide grins and waited for PotenLux to recover. "Dragonman66, Lord Ferret? How can this be, I am so glad to see you my friends. How is the new dragon Dragonman66?" Dragonman66 simply turned around and opened the flaps to reveal a most beautiful dragon, not fully grown but still had a sense of authority and majestic wonder. "I am glad to see she is doing so well, now we will have time to talk after we interrogate this spy.."said PotenLux.

He then turned around and touched the Generals face when it started to crumble away to reveal a undead necromancer in a permanent sneer. "I suspected as much, only a necromancer could of taken the form of one of my prized generals." the Necromancer then laughed,"You think you have won PotenLux but you are wrong, my master by now knows of your plans to invade one of his prized cities and will never let you take." Lord Ferret annoyed at the Necromancer's air of confidence slammed his fist in the Necromancer's jaw. "Tell us everything you know and we promise to give you a quick death." Necromancer then laughed at the Dragonlord then he uttered some ancient words and then he began to crumble into dust. "Noooo!" cried PotenLux,"The necromancers have done this for weeks now to keep from answering, they would rather die then to give a little bit of knowledge." DragonMan66 shook his head,"There is nothing more we can do now, the necromancer is probably right though Sepulchure knows and we must act quickly before he can be prepared." PotenLux nodded and ordered everything except his two friends to leave the tent,"Since I can only trust you two, this is what I want you to do..."

Dawn had just broken over the city, PotenLux observed that the streets were empty and the market was closed. "'They know we are coming, most likely they are reading the catapults," said a General. PotenLux nodded,"We have to hope that this plan works, but this all depends on if your wizards can do the trick." The General nodded," Our wizards are trained well in the art of illusion, it shouldn't be to hard to make the illusion you want right now. The other one may be hard for them, it will drain their energy alot." PotenLux thought for a second then said,"Begin, and make sure to imitate it as best as possible." The General then turned around and made a motion to the wizards who then looked up into the sky as one and began to chant. On the other side of the city Dragonman66 waited on his Dragon for the signal, "Come on, you can do it," he then closed his eyes and silently began to try and will the wizards to be able to do it. He then heard skeletal bones rustling in the wind and began to smile, they had done it.

"I am amazed Maratry, your illusion is perfect that should fool them easily," a very happy PotenLux said. A giant undead dragon with a fortress on top had just flew to the top of the city, the city soldiers then began to rush out of their hiding spots to welcome Sepulchure into their midst. PotenLux then listening hoping the Wizards could cast the illusion of a voice in such far a distance,"You are fools, men of the Sandsea, the soldiers of Alawick are coming from the south not from the north. Look to your walls and tell me where you see a giant army of dragons coming, get to your stations!!" said the illusion Sepulchure. Then the mages cast a illusion of thousands of dragons with gleaming armor with knights were heading their way from the south. The soldiers yelled,"For Sepulchure!" and all the men ran to the southern gate, PotenLux then waited to see the next part of their plan spring into action. Sure enough, he saw a dragonlord walk up the gate with his dragon and slowly flew over to the inside of the gate. They heard the gates unlock then, and PotenLux ordered his men to charge down the hill to enter the city. Just when they were about down to the gate, PotenLux heard the loudest scream and knew something had gone wrong...

Lord Ferret had gone over the gate easily, he looked around and saw no one around ran to the gate and with the help of his dragon slowly unlocked the giant gates. He then used his dragon magic to open the doors when he heard his dragon let out a giant battle roar. Lord Ferret turned around to see a giant man with a club attack his dragon, who was rather annoyed threw him off with his tail. The dragon then turned and was about to bite the man's head off when the man with super strength slammed the dragon's face with his club. Lord Ferret afraid to get to close watched as his dragon screamed in outrage and then put a deep scratch on the man's arm and then broke his club. The man started to howl then, a most despairing howl and Lord Ferret knew that this was no man. The man then doubled over and started to grow larger and get more hairy. Lord Ferret yelled to his dragon to run while the wolf was busy, the dragon wanting to fight knew not to abandon his dragonlord turned away and picked up Lord Ferret to meet the coming invading army.

PotenLux watched as Lord Ferret and his dragon circled over the army and then tried to land, Lord Ferret then ran to PotenLux and explained what he had found waiting for them in the city. "So Sepulchure has stationed one of the wolves here to protect the city, where is Daxxter with his handy axe when you need him!" PotenLux then quickly thought what to do and then said,"You, Dragonman66, and me will go fight this wolf, surely together we can defeat him, a wolf can't be that powerful." Lord Ferret a little bit unsure nodded, and PotenLux got on his dragon to meet Dragonman66 at the gate who's dragon was licking his chops and who's dragonlord had already a bloody blade. "I heard there is some trouble with a rather hairy man?" Dragonman66 said looking way too happy."I believe I know where he might be." The three heroes walked a little ways weaving in and out of streets till they arrived to see a litter of bodies, with a giant man in the middle. "Since he doesn't have a club, I am going with that he isn't a man." said a slightly sarcastic Lord Ferret.

The wolf man then laughed and then spoke in a ancient voice,"I have not had avatar meat in a long time, and is see you brought me enough meals to last me a week. Come now, let's make this quick, Sepulchure wants you dead and I hunger." The man lunged into the air at PotenLux who then raised his shield to block a giant wolf now, who fell completely onto PotenLux. Dragonman66 stabbed his sword straight into the wolves back who yelled in rage, turned, and threw Dragonman66 far away like he was no more then a feather. Lord Ferret then jumped onto the wolves back and held onto Dragonman66's sword for dear life, while this distracted the wolf trying to threw the dragonlord off. PotenLux got up and raised his hands to fire a spell, the wolf seeing what the avatar would do ducked to watch the light spell bring down a building down the the road. Lord Ferret then fell off when the wolf did this, and seeing the wolf turn to him now raised his sword cutting a deep gash into the wolves paw.

Dragonman66 had gotten back up with a dead soldier's mace and attacked the wolf from the one side, while Lord Ferret attack the back, and PotenLux attacked from the front. The wolf seemed to have super natural speed and would someone keep them from damaging his body fatally and would cause severe wounds to the heroes. They slowly got closer to the center of the city, where they noticed they were surrounded by archers on the roofs of the houses. The wolf was no dummy, it knew it could not defeat three soldiers this might so it drew them to a perfect area to be slayed by arrows. The wolf then backed off for a second only to be blasted by a giant bright light, the archers noticing what happened to their leader fired their arrows at area where the spell was coming from. Only to have the arrows bounce back and landing deep into their skulls or chests, making it a fair fight against the wolf again. PotenLux then raised his staff making a fatal wound to the wolf who screamed in pain as he backed off, the heroes sensing victory slowly walked to the wolf about to cast the fatal blow when he howled. The heroes covered their ears for a second to see the wolf jump high up to where a undead dragon picked him up and carried him away from the city. PotenLux knew it was too good to be true, Sepulchure wouldn't want to loose another wolf again so he had planned a escape route for the wolf.

PotenLux remembering his savior turned around to see the figure or figures had gone, he wondered who it had been but knew he had to get back to finishing the siege. Since the wolf was gone now the soldiers had lost hope of keeping the city, had begun to surrender, and begged for mercy. PotenLux happy with the victory remembered the reason they had took the city, marched to the royal records with his two loyal dragonlords by his side. He then opened his door to find a interesting sight in front of him, he smiled then and knew right away that these people have been his rescuers. Just when he was about to begin he noticed that they had a scroll open and were looking very somber, pointed to it. PotenLux then walked forward to read what the scroll said, he slowly started to shake then and was forced to sit down. "This can not happen, if Sepulchure does succeed we are going to be in dire trouble, even our magic may not be strong enough." said one of his saviors. "Dragonman66 and Lord Ferret, you are to head back to Myserend and have the ancient wizards there give you all the knowledge they can give to help you." The other savior then spoke up," PotenLux, it seems we are teamed together once again, let us now head to the NorthLands to stop this from ever happening."

Far away on the real undead dragon,*"He might actually be able to do it, yes it seems he can, if this succeeds we have the key to unlocking the Avatar of Darkness and will rule Lore."* the Doomknight then after pondering this walked deep into the fortress to see the undead that were preparing for war. He smiled, yes, everything was going according to plan and he would have his victory.Soldiers were running to the city, it was mid-day as a young little boy peeked his head over. He saw the soldiers running through the gates, yelling to the guards to bar the gates, call for allies, and to prepare for a mighty siege. Little 8 year old Jimmy found his father in the crowd ordering his soldiers. His father then seeing his son, forgetting he was a general, ran to his son and scooped him up and held him tight. Jimmy knowing something was wrong asked his father was was happening.

His father said: "Who does our country's flag represent?", Jimmy said, "It represents the great young wizard who was born in the elemental world of pure light, he came down and banished all evil from our country. He still leads our armies and protects us from the armies of the Shadowscythe. The wizard is said to be the only one superior in power to Sepulchure. He will never be defeated by evil."

Jimmy's father looked at him sadly, whispered something into his ear, a story.. Jimmy understanding now, started to clutch to his father, and together they looked into the sky. Darkness has covered the entire sky and they could hear screams from the nearby villages. Jimmy's father now having to take responsibility but dare not leave his son alone, cause he wanted every last second he could have with him.

The general cried, "To your battle stations, archers get your arrows, get the catapults ready, mage's ready your spells, and spear men to the front. send word to our allies!! We will not go down and be defeated by the armies of (the wind blows so you don't hear who) without a fight!!."

_________

Chapter One: In The Beginning

It was the middle of the night, it was a full moon, and the King had been awoken and informed that a messenger had just arrived. He had news from the northern city Mandosalog, and it wasn't good tidings. Sepulchure had once again taken another city with his army of undead, and whoever was left in the city that fallen joined his army.

The King then said to his general,"We can not do this on our own, we need our allies from the cities of Falconreach and Swordhaven." General Alteon replied saying, "Sepulchure has allied with a insane pyromancer who's head is on fire, The Pyromancer Xan is keep our allies occupied from helping us. There is a way though, you know what it costs though."

King Slugwrath looked up gravely, " I would rather loose my kingdom then have to sacrifice my son to a foolish legend." General Alteon said, " We must put faith in them, they will send us a rescuer. You have several sons, all it requires is the youngest." Slugwrath," You will not take my son away from me! You forget the value of a life Alteon, that is why you must never become King."

The doors opened, two priest's dressed in white brought in a altar. Five heavily armed soldier's dragged in behind them, the King's son. Prince Drakath...Slugwrath ready to jump up in rage and defend his son, found himself frozen. Tear's streamed down him face as he watched the traitor Alteon perform the dreaded spell. Slugwrath although frozen could still speak saying, "You can not control that beast, The medusa will not obey you.End this madness, Alteon!"

Alteon froze, turned around, gave a wicked smile, turned around, and pull up the knife ready to give the life of a boy for his country. As the knife came down, there was a flash of light! Alteon looking at the altar noticing he had stabbed wood, looked for the boy. Trembling in fear he looked around, noticing Slugwrath was frozen in fear too.

He noticed then there was something on the floor covered by a impregnable cover of light. Slugwrath then looking at Alteon noticed he disappeared, was blessed to never see Alteon again who was sent to the city of Swordhaven. Slugwrath then got up to look at the light..

_________

Chapter Two: A Savior is Born

Slugwrath free of the binding spell was about to run when he felt a sudden bit of curiosity, he looked around to the other side of his bed. The blanket of light was still there and he decided he would wait to see what would happen. He looked out the window and as he did the sun slowly came up. There was a flash of purest gold and then he noticed the most beautiful sunrise ever. All of a sudden the sun light touched the blanket of light, it slowly disappeared and then he noticed it was a orb. It slowly floated up in front of him, and slowly changed in the Avatar of Light.

In her arms she carried a little boy marked with the plane of light tattoo on his forehead. He saw tears streaming down her face as she handed the boy to him. I have watched your kingdom suffer long enough, take care of my boy and he will grow up to be the savior of your Kingdom. Slugwrath's wife, Maria came in and hearing all that the Avatar had said, she bowed down and said thank you.

The Avatar looked at her son one last time, "Take care of my son" She said, "His name is to be PotenLux, it means Powerful Light." Then the Avatar flew into the sun and was gone in a flash of color. Maria said,"The Avatars are protecting us, you see my husband there is hope in this dark time. Even Sepulchure will come to fear the name of your son, PotenLux...."

_______

Chapter 3: Growing Up

Slugwrath and Maria promised the Avatar that they would not tell PotenLux that he was the Avatar of Light. Whenever PotenLux asked where his tattoo was from, they just said it was a mark of the royal family wizard. The Prince was taught to always be kind and protect the innocent. One day at the age of thirteen when he decided to take a walk to the nearby village. He had several good friends in that village, just like any other day he and his friends would go run out into the meadows to play like they were soldiers fighting.

As they were hitting their wooden swords back and forth they heard screaming from the village. There was a figure clothed in black with villagers in single order standing in front of him. They watched silently as one of the villagers bowed, the figure raised his hand as red and black arc energy gathered around his skeletal hand. Then the villager screamed as flesh fell from his body and cried for mercy as he became a undead. PotenLux howled with rage at what just happened felt something inside of him starting to spark. His aura sparked to life all of a sudden and the air smelled of oranges and vanilla.

The necromancer turned and seeing the boy who was floating in the air with glowing tattoos, knew that he would not be able to beat this boy. Just as he was ready to run, balls of light slammed at the necromancer. He slowly started to shake and then he felt great remorse, he begged for mercy but the little boy was not done yet. The necromancer was now bursting with light all around him and he then exploded. PotenLux slowly landed on the ground and see nothing but the robe that was left of the necromancer. Burst into tears as he had never killed a man before.

Slugwrath hearing the news of the villager's savior had just arrived, seeing PotenLux laying on the ground crying his heart out. Slugwrath not acting at all like a king but a parent, ran to the boy and embraced the boy. As PotenLux sobs lessened, and now seeing the happy faces of the villagers who were full of gratitude to this little boy. He started to laugh, but this is the laugh of a Avatar. The grass seemed greener, the sky seemed bluer, the sun shined brighter, and then he curiously looked at his father. PotenLux said, " So this is what a Wizard can do?"

_______

Chapter 4: Training

After the events that happened at the village, news spread all of the kingdom of Alawick that one of the King's sons was an Avatar of Light. Slugwrath now worried about Sepulchure hearing about this and sending his armies to kill his son before he learned to harness magic. Set things into immediate order,"Just because you are a Avatar of Light you still need to harness the other elements, Sepulchure won't just use darkness against you." Said PotenLux's father. "I have tasked you with a old friend of mine, Colonel Mega, he is tasked to take you to the elven city where you can learn to control the elements."

Slugwrath then said,"He is the Elemental Lord of Water, so I have tasked him to teach you the element of water also. His brother Lord Blaze is the Elemental Lord of Fire and will likewise teach you the element of fire. PotenLux replied,"Father, I will do as you say, I must say though I detest those elements but if it will make you proud and will save this kingdom I will do it."

PotenLux said his final goodbyes to his family and walked out with the Elemental Lords to the northern Elven City, Animare. Where he would learn to control his light magic and hopefully save Alawick. PotenLux knew right away that this trip would be tense, Blaze would accidentally set food on fire and Mega would make it rain so hard that his tent would be flooded. He was impressed though when he watched them duel, the masters of two powerful elements was a beautiful site.

Though PotenLux was soon enough tasked to learn the Fire and Water elements and he found out quickly how hard it was to use the elements. At the end of the day he was ready to crash in his tent but the elemental Lord's kept him up late each night to practice the elements. Slowly he did improve, he didn't set fire to a forest, he didn't flood their camp and soon was showing to hold his own for awhile against the elemental lords. One night when they were close to the protective elven forests they decided to set up camp for the night and get to the city early.

That night Colonel Mega was on guard and unlike other nights he heard a rustling at the north side of camp. Slowly getting up he heard a bunch of scraping bones, knowing what that meant he cried. "Undead! Undead are attacking the camp, getting up". Just after saying that, he heard a arrow loosed from a bow, hearing where it was coming from he threw a protective shield of water. Blaze hearing what had happened dragged PotenLux out of his tent and put him between the Colonel and Himself. Blaze said," A arrow hit PotenLux near the heart, he will be alright but he is too weak to fight."

Colonel replied saying," We will just try to do our best and hold off the undead. I fear though that Sepulchure has unleashed a legion on us." After saying that, the undead came swarming in, Blaze lit up the sky with his fiery power and was destroying undead while Colonel started drowning the beasts that the undead had brought along. Slowly a stack of bones began growing higher and higher, and when the dawn broke they groaned seeing that there was still several thousands of undead that were waiting to fight them. Blaze then fell over, exhausted after using the last of his energy. Colonel Mega himself felt faint and then fell to the ground.

Looking up tiredly he saw a undead giant heading his way. "Goodbye my friend Blaze, we did our best", Said Colonel Mega. Closing his eyes, he readied for the striking blow..... Then he heard the sound of music, he opened up his eyes and the undead giant had turned his head to the elven forest. Thousands of Elves clad in golden armor as bright as the sun came marching out. The undead Giant now knowing they could not beat the Elven army so he turned his head to finish off a elemental lord. Just as his club came down, A elf fast as lightning with his giant sword cut the club in half and slayed the giant. Blaze slowly looked up and seeing the undead fleeing from the elven army, smiled then closed his eyes.

The three heroes woke up a few days later to find themselves in nice white soft beds where they could look out a window and see the sunrise. The elven general that had saved their lives walked in and said," Welcome to the Elven City of Animare, I am Lord Lysander, guardian of the city and part of the order of the LuxBlade. You are safe now, Elemental Lords of Fire and Water. And you are safe to PotenLux, Avatar of Light, we are most honored to have you."

______

Chapter 5: Animare

Two weeks had passed since PotenLux and the two Elemental Lords had arrived. PotenLux had been very busy mastering the main elements soon after arriving. The elemental lords have left to return to the Kingdom to protect it from the oncoming storm that Sepulchure was sure to bring. PotenLux grew very wise and powerful as the elf general Lysander taught him the skill of magic and the skill of the blade.

PotenLux was soon able to match even Lysander with his lightning fast avatar speed. Potenlux soon became very good friends with Lysander as they worked together day after day. Sepulchure meanwhile hearing about the Avatar training in Animare decided it was time to move his plans into action. He whispered a few words to his undead minion and smiled as the minion went off to do his bidding.

One day when Potenlux was at the palace eating supper with the King and his family a messenger came in and handed the King a rather important looking scroll. The King quickly reading it, got up and left the table in a hurry to the throne room. Potenlux wanting to know what was happening sneaked up behind the King's Thrown room and looked through a curtain and saw a most hideous sight.

It was two pale necromancer's and the larger one said," King Shinestar of Animare, these are dark times indeed. My master's right hand man, Paragor, Lord of the stronghold Paragory, has had his own personal blacksmith make this fine sword for you, as a gift and a offering of a alliance." The necromancer then pulled out a dark black sword. Potenlux noticed right away that this was a masterpiece's sword, looking at the finely crafting sword and wanting it himself. Then he watched in horror as the King accepted the sword!

Crash! Potenlux turned around to see a servant had been carrying a tray with silver tea cups was watching in horror at Potenlux. The King hearing the noise ran back and seeing what had happened, didn't take to long to know why Potenlux was there. "Guards, Guards!", said the King, " Send this boy down to General Lysander's house where I will come later to give a thrashing to this boy!" The King turned back to the necromancers, " Tell your master I will consider his most kind offering and get back to you soon." The King bowed his head and then the necromancers bowed back, but what the king did not see was the smirks on the necromancer's faces...

A few minutes later after Potenlux had just explained to the General about what happened in the throne room. The King bursted in and cried out, "Foolish boy! have you no idea what you have done?"The King looking very angry now, pickued up the boy and said," You almost ruined a chance to bring peace to my country!" The King then threw the boy to the ground and was ready to strike again when the General said," My King, if I may be so bold. Those necromancers must not be trusted, for they are soldier's of Paragor who is the servant of Sepulchure!!!"

The General now looking very worried said, " You know Sepulchure, you can only say no to him so many times." The King then sensing the general was right said," But they have been inside my walls! they know all our weaknesses!" All of a sudden there was a large explosion outside their wall. A guard cried, " Invaders!! Invaders!! Mount a defense!." The King then cried, "Awaken soldiers of Animares, the armies of Paragory are here!!!"

Chapter 6: The Siege of Animare

General Lysander now taking immediate action said,"My King, you are to head to the Castle and barricade yourself there after letting the villagers in. PotenLux, you come with me." The General and Potenlux then headed out of the house, down to the gate to where a group of officers were giving commands. One of the officers then turned to the general and said,"The armies of Paragory destroyed most of our catapults but we have stopped them from taking the walls, there is no way they will defeat us."

The General thanked the officer then said to PotenLux,"I fear for the city PotenLux, only you will be able to stop the armies of Paragory with your Avatar Powers. You are young though in magic, and need time to summon your powers, go to the castle and charge your powers." Potenlux knowing this was not a time to argue, ran with the other villagers to the castle. Just before getting there there was a explosion throwing him off his feet and flying to the ground.

As he woke up dazed, saw a mom struggling to take her children to the safety of the castle. He watched all of a sudden as the drawbridge went up at the castle. Leaving at least half of the city stranded from safety, just then the sounds of the battle stopped, and all went silent. They then heard Lysander yell: "Take cover, the archers of Paragory are going to fire!" PotenLux near a shed, jumped in just seconds before hearing the screams of arrows flying through the air seeking prey.

The screams of villagers all of a sudden went silent.... PotenLux then stepping outside saw the ground layered with thousands of dead elves.. Woman and children with covered with arrows, but then Potenlux noticed that most of the elves had just been hit in a limb. Curious what had killed them all he stepped closer, just then a elderly elf came out, grabbed him, and pull him into his house for safety.

"Are you a fool!"Said the Elf, " The archers of Paragory dipped their arrows with mordred venom, the venom is the blood of a fierce monster, kills almost instantly even if you get a scratch." PotenLux said his thanks to the Elf and explained his situation was quickly ushered into a room. PotenLux now knowing that the city depended on him using his avatar powers to save them. Closed his eyes and begin focusing...

"Don't let them get near the walls, or else they will push us back!" said Lysander. The battle to hold the walls had been going on forever, he noticed that although it should be dawn that it was still completely dark. He kept thinking, "as long as Paragor isn't here, we got a chance to defeat them." Just then he noticed that the drawbridge had closed and that half of the city was stranded and could not reach safety. coward! he thought, the king was going to close to the drawbridge just to save his own life.

Just then it got early silent and he knew what that meant.. At a battle several years ago at another city he heard that dreaded silence. Then Lysander yelled: "Take cover, the archers of Paragory are going to fire!" Just a few seconds later he heard thousands of arrows screaming down upon the city. Most of his soldiers have put shields up but he looked at the city in horror as thousands of elves had not made it to safety. He knew they were all dead and there was nothing he can do.

Then all of a sudden he saw some of the Paragory soldiers move into formation and started walking into the gate as if they would just enter. He grabbed some of his men and ran down to the gate, and in horror saw two figures who shape shafted from elves to men. Just before his men could stop them, they had opened the locks and the armies of paragor started to march in. Knowing then that all was lost, ordered to retreat back to the castle in hopes that the drawbridge would open.

The King seeing what had opened, ordered that the drawbridge be opened no matter the protests of the guards. Lysander's men piled into the keep and close the drawbridge seconds before Paragory's armies, who just trampled over the twisted bodies of the dead elves. Just then the two necromancers stepped out and raised their as they were about to speak."You have fought valiantly, you are a great foe indeed, surrender now, turn over the avatar, and we will leave your lands. Or else we will kill every last man, woman, and child of this realm and burn your forests." In response a barrage of arrows flew in the air striking several of the Paragory soldiers.

One of the necromancers made a motion with his hand and several metal carts being pulled by massive monsters came up to the castle. They aimed up at the castle walls and fired giant fiery balls, which then exploded massive chunks of the wall and sending several elves flying. The necromancer then ordered them to stop, " This bloodshed need not be spilled, surrender now the avatar and we will leave your lands.

The King then came up the bridge and threw the black sword at the necromancer."As Long as our hearts beat, we will fight corruption, and tell your master I decline his alliance" The necromancer then waved his hand again and the giant cannons aimed right at the castle now, ready to destroy the people when they saw a flash of color in the eastern sky. The necromancer all of a sudden saw the streets starting to flood and the sky turned red and throwing fire at the soldiers.

He looked at the rooftops and found what he was looking for, it was the elemental Lord of Fire and Water. "Fool," said the necromancer," we have the Elemental Lords of Darkness and Wind with us." He made a motion and two giant figures walked up to Blaze and General Mega and the battle of the elements began. Any soldiers who dared to get near were destroyed by just the raw energy. Then all of a sudden, they felt a new power, they felt the air grow cold and they watched as the Elemental Lord of Ice who was revealed to be Lysander helped to battle the Elemental Lords of Darkness and Wind.

Then all of a sudden the drawbridge came down and the soldiers of Animare came out and fought the soldiers of Paragory. The Elemental Lords though had been drained most of their magic so they had to retreat giving favor to the armies of Paragory. When all of a sudden one of the houses roofs blew off and a stream of light from the sky to the house was formed. Destroying the darkness and bringing the lightness of day, Everyone looked in awe to see who it was..

PotenLux looked over the crowd and seeing the dark armies of Paragory had taken most of the city, cried in outrage at all the dead elves who had been trampled over. Already the Paragory soldiers knew that this was a Avatar and tried to run out of the city. PotenLux cried," You will not leave, you will pay for your actions!" He raised his hands and a layer of ice covered the entrance to the city trapping the soldiers. With a blinding light he freed the souls of the undead, leaving the army with half of their soldiers dead. The necromancers combining powers in hope of defeating it were mercilessly struck down by fire and their ashes were washed away by a flood.

PotenLux looked over the remaining soldiers and said," Enough blood has been spilled, lay down your weapons, and surrender, then you can go home." The soldiers who most had been forced to go, lay down their weapons and bowed to the avatar.. Then the King stood up," This is the beginning of peace! The avatars have blessed us with a deliverer and this is only the beginning of Sepulchure's downfall"

The Kingdom rejoiced all over the land of what PotenLux had done. Sepulchure though was not very pleased and went to meet Paragor on a mountain. "You have failed me" Said Sepulchure," Give me a reason not to kill you." Paragor very confident walked up and said," The attack was more fruitful then you think, the siege was only a distraction. I have retrieved the scroll from the Elder Tree in the forests."

Sepulchure said, "Does it tell you everything you need to know." Paragor smiling now, reassured the danger was over replied saying," Yes, it tells us where to go and I got the key we need." Holding up a dark ancient key. Sepulchure smiled," Very well done my Servant, you have pleased me very much. Go, get some men and get there before PotenLux finds out what you took from the tree and tries to stop you."

Chapter 7: The Avatar's Curse

"This is all my fault," The young avatar thought. The siege had ended very soon after the surrender of the remaining invaders. A red sun had risen and as PotenLux looked over the city, everything he saw brought great distraught to him. The armies of Paragory had destroyed the once tall, beautiful seven towers that watched over the city. The once very artistically crafted walls had been all crumbled, as broken bodies of men and elves lay over them. Potenlux then turned his gaze to his street and wished right away he hadn't.

Thousands of bodies lay on the ground, and very few of them were Paragor's soldiers.. The venomous arrows had found many a prey that night, and as he looked over he found the mom that was struggling to get her children to safety. He walked over to there to find something squirming, it was a little two year old child crying. Clutching the baby, he tried to sooth it, knowing because of him being here, this boy would never see his mother again.

PotenLux then seeing a kind elf girl behind him knew right away that this girl was the baby's sister. He handed the child to the girl, who then thanking him for saving them walked off to the temporary recovery area. PotenLux then turned to the house where the elderly elf had saved him from the dangerous arrows. Only to find him dead, having been punctured by several arrows. PotenLux ready to cry ran out of the house, only again to see the trampled, twisted elven bodies laying on the ground. PotenLux then finding a clear place, sat down, and cried.

Just then he heard a voice behind him saying, "This is not your fault PotenLux" He looked around to see Lysander standing there, he stood up and said to his mentor," How is it not my fault, I came here and Paragor sent his troops to kill me, if i had not come these people would be alive." Lysander then replied," I tell you again this is not your fault, Sepulchure and Paragor are the blame of this. Their power has corrupted them so much that they do not care who they kill."

PotenLux looked up at Lysander, tears still streaming down his face."They fear you already PotenLux, they know the power you harness, so like a coward they sent their forces to kill you. If you are looking for someone to blame, blame them." Lysander then stood up and continued," You are a great warrior but a great warrior must learn to respect the people, come, help bury the dead and then you will continue your mission."

PotenLux got up and went to work hauling the bodies from the streets, picking up the rubble, healing people, and finding food to keep the city alive until reinforcements could arrive. Then he noticed all the elves started to gather together in the middle of the city, and walked in formation to the burial grounds. Caskets of the dead were being carried there, and PotenLux seeing a coffin with a name he recognized, had a elf help him pick it up. Then they began the most painful and longest walk of all times....

The elves begin to sing after the last of the coffins were put into the ground and the holes filled. Just then a majestic bird flew in, it was the songbird of the elves. It began to sing a song so very sad and yet so full of hope, PotenLux feeling a pull lifted his hand into the sky and the elves beheld in awe of what he did. The graves were covered with the most beautiful of flowers, the grass started to pop out of the dirt, and the graveyard was filled with vines of light weaving all around. The vines slowly bloomed out little flowers and the elves started to cry with all the avatar had done for them. PotenLux now feeling it was time to leave and let the elves do their rituals in private.

"I am proud of you my son," Said a powerful voice,He turned around to see a tall woman clothed in light in front of him. "I am your mother and I have come to comfort you after your most trying trial. I feel your cries all the way from the Elemental Planes." The mother and son hugged each other and the little avatar who had to grow up too fast let out all his emotions. Later after he was able to control himself, he looked up to his mother and knew she was on a mission to tell him something. The tall Avatar said," I am sorry what has happened but I am afraid you will have more challenging trials ahead of you, and death will be your companion until Sepulchure is defeated, I have something to show you."

The Avatar pulled out a orb of light and PotenLux looked into it, he saw a dark figure in front of a majestic tree. He could all of a sudden feel what the tree was thinking."Elder Tree, give me what I desire" said the Dark figure, his cold hands touched the bark. The Elder Tree shivered and thought, "I must protect the scroll for him, I promised my Lord I will protect it from the Evil One." All of a sudden the Dark Figure had a fiery axe and in one sweep, he fell the mighty Elder Tree. The last thought of the Elder Tree was," I am sorry my Lord, I have failed you, he has taken the key and the scroll" PotenLux starting to fly up, saw the Dark Figure put his hand in the trunk, took out a key and scroll, looked at the scroll and began to smile.

PotenLux jumped out of the orb, overwhelmed at what he had seen. "Confused are you?"His mother said," That is the first tree of Lore, it was given magical powers to think and talk from the maker of Lore. The tree in gratitude of what his maker had done hid a scroll and key." PotenLux now curious," What is the scroll and key for?" His mother looking at the coming dusk, knowing she had to go soon said," The scroll leads to a prison, the key unlocks the prison. There is a monster in there, that was once not a monster. If Sepulchure releases it. many more lives will be lost. I must go now, for the sun has set and I must return to the plane of light. Ask your friends to tell you the story of the Elder Wyrm Lord and Galimagesh, goodbye my son and good luck! I will be watching you!" She then flew off into the sky and PotenLux saw Lysander approaching..

"I see you talked to your mother, what did she say?" said Lysander. "I am post to ask the tale of the Elder Wyrm Lord and Galimagesh, then I am post to stop Sepulchure from releasing a monster."replied PotenLux. " Oh, that shouldn't be hard at all, but I am afraid I must stay at the city now and can not help you on your adventure to stop the monster. I can though get you a storyteller and a group of my finest soldiers to help you on your mission." PotenLux bowing in gratitude, retired for the night, very anxious to meet his new companions and to hear the story of the Elder Wyrm Lord.

Chapter 8: The Group of Companions

The sun was just starting to rise when PotenLux was walking down to meet his new companions in the meeting room. As he opened the door he saw his mentor turn around and say, "Ahh PotenLux, you have finally arrived come, sit down, and I will introduce you to your new companions." PotenLux looked around to see a group of eight staring at him, and was surprised to see that most of the group was man and not elf. Lysander said then, "We will start from the right side of the table, your first companion is Wizard Mareth, he is from the city of Swordhaven, he will lead your party, and may I say it a very powerful wizard indeed."

The wizard bowed low to the Avatar and Lysander continued," We then have the Twins, Lady Athena and Lady River both powerful elf witches and healers, Dragonlord Dragonman66, who is bonded to the water prime dragon, Lord Ferret, another mighty Dragonlord, Magic weaver Wouwourm, he was blessed by the avatars to look into souls and use a different type of ancient magic, Daxxter, a mighty warrior from the North, he is in charge of the maps, and last but not least, we have Ramon, a loyal soldier to Alawick." PotenLux then amazed at the mighty and powerful people Lysander had gathered to help him on his quest.

"And so you have your group, they will lead you on your quest to the mighty mountains of where the prison is legend to be but before you leave, meet me downstairs will you." Lysander after saying this turned around and walked out the door to wait for PotenLux, PotenLux then knowing time was of the essence walked down the stairs with Lysander to a different room. "I believe it is time for you to know the tale of the Elder Wyrm Lord and Galimagesh, I want you to close your eyes and listen to me." PotenLux closed his eyes and what he saw was a wonderful Castle in the middle of the forest, He saw someone he knew was powerful saying goodbye to a human as he walked out of the gates.

"There once upon a time lived a mighty dragon and a human. The Maker of Lore seeking things out in his creation found the dragon first, since this was the first Dragon he was blessed with many powers. The Maker and the Dragon had a bond together that was very strong, until one day... The Maker found the first Human and they had a special bond to, the dragon then feeling of jealousy waited one day for the Maker to leave the Human's castle. The gates were very strong and nothing could break through them once they were shut, The Maker told the Human not to open his gates until he had returned, The dragon very cunning went up to the gate and slowly convinced the human to open his gates, instead of a kindly dragon entering. The jealous dragon slayed the kind human, destroyed the castle, and laid waste to everyone inside. The Maker came back a few days later and knew right away who had done this."

"He called out to the dragon, but the dragon hid from the Maker fearing what he would do to him. The Maker though knew everything and found the Dragon and his eight wolves who were the first of their kind too. They fought the Maker but in seconds the Maker in rage of what the Dragon had done. The Maker still not wanting to slay the monsters.Buried the eight wolves and put them in a deep sleep, then he charged some elder trees to keep them asleep and out of harms way. The Dragon was not so lucky, the Maker crafted a whole inside a lake of fire and threw the Dragon in there. Doomed to be trapped inside obsidian forever, and then the Maker hid the scroll and key for the prison inside the First Tree while it was still a sapling."

PotenLux opened his eyes and gasped in amazement at what he had seen. "So if this dragon does exist and Sepulchure does release it, he will have the most powerful dragon in the world." Lysander then nodded his head at what PotenLux had said," The firstborns were always given unusually strong powers, and don't forget the eight firstborn wolves that are in our forests." PotenLux very confused about something replied,"Sepulchure has the scroll and knows how to get there but then how do we find out how to get there?" Lysander said," You will go visit the Kingdom of Nareth, where the King there may be able to help you, he has always been loyal to your King." PotenLux knowing it was time to leave looked at his mentor one last time. He then walked out to where his companions waited on their unicorns...

"I always loved Unicorns," Said Athena, "They are so much faster then horses you know, and they ride like they are running on a cloud." Daxxter annoyed at the delay looked up at the sun and said," Yes, Yes we know Athena, now let us ride before Sepulchure undead dragons decide to kill us." Athena and PotenLux grinned at each other and mounted their unicorns.As they left the once safe elven forests he realized how much he had come to love this place the last month, and hoped they would see it again. They traveled very far the first week and then they came to the dreaded area," The IcePath", Said Mareth," We must traveled hard and fast across or else we may be cursed by Sepulchure and quickly freeze to death." They rode across the twenty mile Ice Path as fast as they could and just when they crossed it and entered the forests next to it.

That night Mareth announced that they had traveled faster then he planned so they would get to take a extra long break that night. Just when the twins were practicing their archery, they saw a blue flash of fire hit something the night, making a loud THUD as it crashed. The whole group ran to see Wouwourm standing over a dragon,"I thought I felt something come over our way, it is a scout and must of smelled our sent." DragonMan66 shaked his head and then said," We were to sloppy this night, I pray that they won't notice that blue fire." Just then he raised his hand, and slowly groaned,"They noticed it."

Then slightly annoyed pulled out his sword and summoned his dragon to him. The rest of the group started to gather together, the twins slowly started to chant, Wouwourm then began to wave his hands in the air as if he was weaving something, the rest of the group slowly formed in a circle. Then out of the darkness came the first of the soldiers, and DragonMan striked the a couple of soldiers then the battle began. Since the enemy knew they were there, the magicians were not shy about using their magic to burn up Paragon's soldiers. The soldiers soon getting wise to the skill of their opponents tried to cut off the group from each other. The sky soon lit up with magicians attacking their enemies and the clashing of swords could be heard for miles. PotenLux looking up for a second all of a sudden saw a most dreaded thing, the sky was covered with dragons and they weren't friendly either.

The first of the dragons landed down, squashing a few Paragory soldiers and started to attack Wouwourm who easily dealt with him. He all of a sudden noticed thousands of dragons falling from the sky all cut up and turned around to see the twins were busy chanting away. He smiled knowing the battle would be won, till he heard the ground shake... He turned again to see a giant undead monster who then striked Lord Ferret and Daxxter to the ground. He screamed in rage at this and knowing that was exactly when he needed to summon his powers..

He raised his hand and all of a sudden night turned into day, and his eyes and hands began to glow with a pure light. The undead giant wearing light resistant armor laughed at the Avatar knocking him down to the ground. PotenLux smiling flew back up and starting throwing powerful light magic at the giant's weak spots. Slowly when the armor dissolved off he cast the release spell and the giant's soul was freed. He could even hear the giant say Thank You as he watched the ball of light float up. Feeling already his rage starting to calm down, threw frantically lightning at the remaining Paragory soldiers and ending the battle very fast.

The next day when the sun arose PotenLux looked over the battlefield and was surprised to see how much soldiers they had slain last night. Their group hadn't gotten by scratch free either, Wouwourm had gotten a nasty gash from a Necromancer spell, DragonMan66's armor had saved him from a undead thrusting a giant spear into his heart, and only punctured the skin. Lord Ferret and Daxxter were recovering from the nasty blow from the undead giant. Those that weren't injured too badly were busy healing their companions and packing up the camp. PotenLux then was taunted by a memory again, "This is My Fault" but was able to shake that off by getting busy with helping the others.

As they made ready to leave camp , Wouwourm's head starting hurting and said," I feel like there is some disturbance in this realm, I fear if we do not move soon this disturbance may become Lore's Destruction". PotenLux knew right away that Sepulchure was close to the Dragon's prison now and pressed his unicorn to go faster. He almost could hear Sepulchure's voice, taunting him as he rode..

_________

Chapter 9: The Race...

They had now arrived, Potenlux saw they had entered the forest and knew right away it was a elven forest. "Stand down now," said Lady Athena," They will find us soon enough and keep your weapons down." Glaring at Daxxter with his axe high up in the air, Daxxter noticing Lady Athena looking at his weapon lowered it with a sigh. "The elves are proud folk," said Mareth,"They are the most agile being on Lore and must be respected, they will take the slightest offense and now they plan to severe diplomacy with Alawick since the new king on the throne."

They walked a few more steps and all of a sudden, there was whistle and right in front of PotenLux's nose was a arrow embedded into the tree. "Drop your weapons now," Said a voice, the group slowly set their weapons down except the twins. They stepped out from the group and River Song said, " Enough of this babble, Norwick come out of the forest like a coward and respect your kindred." "River Song," Said the not so confident voice of a male elf, PotenLux quickly noted that the blond elf was strongly built and rather young in years still. "Please forgive me for my rudeness," The Elf then bowed to the twins,"Come it is almost dark and these forests are not as safe as they use to be." The Elf pointed a direction and the group started to head off that way.

The further they went the more lost PotenLux felt until they broke out of the forest to reveal a massive elven city. It looked to be all green and had a feeling of ancientness. "Welcome to Levennar, the forest city of the southern elves, it has stood for thousands of years against evil. It is the closest city to Shadowfall that can stand against it, the undead have never gone into our forests." They entered the humungous gates and then River Song said to the Elven General,"I can take them to the throne room Sweetie." She blinked her eyes and then lead the way, soon PotenLux was very lost and understood very fast the cities defenses. Not only was there strong walls and great battlements but the way to the city itself was a maze and there was always always here and there in strategic areas where archers or mages could fire down upon the enemy.

They finally arrived in front of a giant white building, the gates were crafted by expert hands and was decorated with diamonds. The doors were opened to see a long hallway to a throne, the humans feeling quite squeamish about going in offered to stay outside to stand guard. So PotenLux, Mareth, and the twins walked in, and as the doors closed behind them they felt like they were locked in a prison. "Grave times have gathered a group of wanderers in hopes of raising a deliverer to stop the Shadowscythe. Yet I unlike the former king do not believe in the silly kingdom of Alawick and its capital Myserend." The King said as he rose from his throne," What do you want adventurers, I will only hear you out because you have captured the attention of the twins." Mareth stepped forward and said," Oh great King, our cities have very been together to stop the forces of the Shadowscythe, I am sorry for our lack of communication in the last few months but we had to keep it a secret until PotenLux was ready."

The King then looked at PotenLux," The fabled Avatar that will save us all from Sepulchure dark reign." He took PotenLux's hand and closed his eyes, suddenly he opened his eyes again and faltered back. "By the avatars!, I have never seen such light I am sorry for my hesitation." He then looks at Mareth,"I will not suffer relationships now with your kingdom for now, dark times indeed, but alas the person I know you seek I allowed to pass through our lands. I let my blindness let Paragor through, but I can help you to your destination." He clapped his hands and a elder like elf brought a scroll forth and laid it on the table, he then opened the scroll for the king. Potenlux looked at the scroll with Mareth and noticed right away what it was, it was a map!

The King pointed at a area on the map," If what you say is true, and the Wyrm Lord does exist, his prison is said to be in the lake of fire. We have always pondered where that could be and we figured it must be this wilderness." The King sighed and sat on his throne," That land was fabled to be wonderful land until one day it just changed into darkness and despair, it was legend that it happened at the dawn of time. If there would be a prison it would be there, there is a problem though if the dragon is there." He stuck his finger on a city not to far from the wilderness," Long ago our ally, the kingdom of Maherm known for their gift at crafting made a throne for your king. Sepulchure wanted a throne just like it though and offered great riches and power to the king. The king refused and stood fast against Sepulchure, if the dragon is released I will not be surprised if he strikes there first."

Mareth then soaking all this information finally said," Thank You King, I request this of you know, send dragons to transport the women and children from that city to hear for protection. Have your elves ready to ambush Paragor should he release the dragon and defeat Maherm. He has no other choice to return to his castle except through your forests, set your elves here, here and here." He points at different areas in the forests. Lady Athena then spoke up after speaking with her sister," I highly suggest you call for aid from the other cities, I feel it in my bones that we are going to need all the soldiers we can get." River Song then spoke up," Mareth, You will take Daxxter, Ramon, and Wouwourm to Maherm to warn the king and prepare the battlements just incase the worse happens. PotenLux, Me, My sister, Dragonman66, and Lord Ferret will head to the wilderness and hope for the best to beat Paragon there.

The next morning the two groups broke off and took to the air in their dragons, PotenLux watched as the twins mentally discussed what to do when they get there. DragonMan66 with his amazingly huge water dragon stayed close and tried to give a reassuring smile. "Wilderness is right ahead!" Yelled Lord Ferret who was scouting ahead, as soon as they got to the border of the wilderness PotenLux could just feel it in the air how ancient this land was. They all gathered in a group as Lady Athena gave out orders," All right everyone, I want you to spread out but keep at least one person in sight and scout for anything that could be a lake of fire."

A few minutes later they saw DragonMan66 waving to summon everyone. "Look at this everyone!" he pointed to a area where trails of lava were waving everywhere. PotenLux about to open his mouth noticed all of a sudden a black area, and then he noticed a giant hole in the side of the hillside. "I will go down and investigate, "cried Dragonman66, "You stay guard." "No you won't!" Said River Song, I will not let you risk your water dragon for that, besides mine is much quicker." Before anyone could say anything she dove down to the cave and landed in front of the entrance, she ran down some ancient hued steps and disappeared from view. What seemed like hours for her to come back up, all of a sudden there was a explosion on the top of the hill. "The temporary trails are breaking up, if River doesn't come back up that will be her prison!!" said Lady Athena, obviously very worried about her sister. As the lava started to slowly work its way to the stairs a figure popped out of the hole and wearily ran up to her dragon, getting on seconds before the lava hit the stairs.

They flew away from the wilderness knowing they had to ask questions soon though landed, everyone started to barrel her with questions. Then Lord Ferret said,"Enough, let her rest before asking her any more questions." He slowly used his dragonlord healing skills and had River Song recovering at a remarkable speed. He then asked River Song," So what was down there?" River Song all of a sudden went all pale," It was horrible, as soon as I got down to the stairs there was these doors, such very ancient old doors. They were all scratched up by huge claws, and I entered the prison, it was all stone and it felt there had been a ancient evil in there, full of anger and bitterness." "Had been?" said Lord Ferret, "The Prison was empty.." replied River Song. Lady Athena then took hold of the situation and said,"The ancient rumors are true, we must fly as fast as possible to Maherm and hope for the best." They all got on their dragons and flew to Maherm, and as they got close Lady Athena said," I see smoke! Be prepared for anything!"

Far away in a dark flying fortress a certain Doomknight felt a disturbance in the air and smiled. "You are doing well my servant, the downfall of PotenLux is intimate now. You better not let my pet get killed"

Chapter 10: An Ancient Evil Unleashed

"It is worse then I feared," said Lady Athena, as they flew around the castle before landing outside the gates. "The walls and gates," Said River Song, "They have been melted, how is that possible?" As they walked in they found no one, no bodies or any living soul in the place until they saw a group come out of nowhere. It was what remained of their other companions, PotenLux ran up to Mareth, "I see all of our group lives except Ramon, what has happened to him?" Daxxter then said,"He betrayed us that's what, he was giving information to Paragor the whole time, which explains why they were always a step ahead of us." Dragonman66 annoyed now,"How is there no people though, the men of Maherm are mighty and could of at least held Paragor's men off for a week."

Wouwourm now spoke up,"That be true if they had been alone, and not a single man from Paragor's army entered the city." "How did this happen then?" asked PotenLux who then knew right away, "The Wyrm Lord." "The Wyrm Lord indeed Master PotenLux, I am too weary to tell the whole story so close your eyes and open your mind." said Wouwourm. PotenLux and the rest of his companions closed their eyes and when they did, they found themselves in the city at night. It was still full of people, some getting onto dragons to flee to safety, the others ran to the castle where a stubborn king refused to run and had walked to the wall of the city. PotenLux noticed that the King was about to speak to the dark figure in the midst of the army when the figure threw off his cape to reveal to the king that he was Paragor. He then raised a dark scepter into the air and then PotenLux heard metal doors opening, then a flutter of wings, and in the darkness a dragon burned up the king before he had time to move.

The Dragon then landed on the ground and started to breathe fire on the walls, that began to melt! The dragon then turned his head and burned down the gates, he then with his claws pulled the gates away so he could enter. PotenLux noticed in horror that this dragon was huge but noticed how scraggly it looked, it looked kindof thin, it was slightly weak he could tell, but he noticed how beautiful the creature had once been. It's once shiny scales were now bathed in black smoke, and it was always was leaving traces of dark tendrils of smoke. He could just feel evil pouring out of it, the bitterness and anger was in its once kind eyes. The soldiers then started to threw spears at the dragon but he picked them off like they were annoying toothpicks and then raised his head and let out a despairing screech. The soldiers brought down to their knees were easy target for the dragon who set fire to them, but it was worse then that, after he stopped there was not even ashes left over from the heroic soldiers.

The dragon then looking extremely tired drew back as thousands of Paragory soldiers poured threw, setting fire to and destroying everything in their site. Just when the soldiers drew back PotenLux heard the flutter of wings again and the dragon flew over his head to the castle. The last thing he saw was the dragon setting fire mercilessly to the castle trapping everyone inside to a most terrible doom. "Noooo!" He cried as he opened his eyes, "We must gather the group and head to Levennar to help fight Paragor's soldiers." Lord Ferret smiled,"It's a good thing I sent summons to Myserend for troops is it not?" PotenLux smiled,"Yes indeed."

The group then took off into the sky on their dragons, as they got closer to Levennar, PotenLux worried what might be happening on the battle fields. They slowly circled and the group started to break off, "PotenLux your coming with me," Said Dragonman66 and they broke off to a different part of the forest. All of a sudden they were surrounded by troops and were hacking away at them until for some reason they all backed off and it got very quite. PotenLux got lost in the forest and was separated from Dragonman66, he then found himself in a semi open area in front of a dark wagon. All of a sudden he heard a clank from the inside and knew right away what it was... It was the Wyrm Lord....

"Hold those soldiers back!" Said Lord Ferret, Daxxter and him off from the group near the elven city and were fighting soldiers right and left. All of a sudden they came into a area where a rather large man had slayed several elven and human soldiers. Lord Ferret sensed something was different about this man, the eyes were different, the body was almost not human like... Daxxter then threw a axe into the man that went deep into his chest, the man then growled pulling the axe out, then started to howl. Slowly before their eyes they saw the man change into one of the first seven wolves. Lord Ferret knew right away that this beast was going to take alot to kill but before he could even summon his dragon the wolf launched himself at Daxxter. Daxxter moved to the side and try to through another axe into the monsters spine, the monster outraged grabbed Daxxter with his mouth and launched him into the forest.

Lord Ferret shocked at what just happened raised his Dragonlord sword and shot lightning at the wolf. The wolf cried in outraged charged at Lord Ferret who raised his shield and prayed he would survive this attack. The wolf then pounced for the assumed easy prey, never touched the ground. Lord Ferret looked up and smiled to see his dragon had just arrived and had bitten into the back of the wolf. The wolf in outrage screamed and was able to scratch deeply into the dragon's neck who then dropped the wolf and cried in pain. The wolf then was then pinned between a angry dragon and his dragonlord. The dragonlord then swung his sword and stabbed at one of the eyes of the wolf and the dragon dug his claws into the wolves back. The wolf strangely had a moment of strength pushed off the dragon and ran into the forest, where Daxxter firmly planted a axe into the wolves neck instantly killing him. "That was very satisfying, now six more wolves to go." Daxxter said smiling.

Mareth and Wouwourm had been the last people to land and were immediately surrounded undead, Mareth and Wouwourm mixed their spells together and started to destroy the undead, thousands upon thousands still came though but they kept on destroying them. All of a sudden they noticed something different, they turned around to see undead on undead dragons. "Mareth, this is not good, I can see weaves of protective spells against magic on those dragons." Said Wouwourm, "I can un-weave them but it will take time to do it." Mareth said," Just do what you got to do Wouwourm and I will protect you." Wouwourm slowly closed his eyes and slowly started to breathe, *this is going to be a fun* thought Mareth. He then raised his sword to the undead and slowly hacked away at them, "This is soo easy!" said Mareth until he felt a whack from behind. He turned quickly to see that one of the undead dragons was advancing to attack him.

Mareth raised his sword and struck the dragon but his sword bounced right off, the dragon then with tossed him out of the way and advanced to Wouwourm. Mareth started to panic began flinging several major spells at the dragon which bounced right off, just when the dragon was about to strike down on Wouwourm. Wouwourm opened his eyes, but they weren't normal, they were glowing and light shimmered all around him revealing numerous tattoos. He raised his hand and what looked like dirt started to shed off of the dragon, Mareth know what this meant smiled and raising his hand not caring who saw. Brought the four elements down on the undead, fire started to burn up some of the undead, water started to destroy the undead, air started to tear their bones apart, and then earth reclaimed the bones that was stolen from it a long time ago. Wouwourm then muttered something raised his hand and a strange portal opening sucking all the undead dragons into it where they were never seen again.

The door had started to open and next to the door was Paragor himself who was giving a much too triumphant smile. PotenLux started to close his eyes to summon to powers when Paragor knocked him to the ground. "You fool," Paragor said,"I know your powers but they are no match for me and the Wyrm Lord, who is very much hungry after his long imprisonment." All of a sudden a blast of magic hit Paragor who looked up to see who had done this, it was the twins. "Come now Paragor, we say give the child a fair fight, he is just sport, come fight us if you want a challenge," Said Athena. "Very well, but I know of your powers and I know i can defeat you two," Said Paragor with a smirk, he raised his sword to challenge the twins when he noticed something was very wrong. The twins speaking in unison now said," Do you remember the Goddesses Athena and Artemis, that they were then trapped in human form. Your master may have tricked us then but we are growing strong again."

Paragor very afraid now watched as the twins raised their hands and lightning consumed them, there was a flash of light and when he looked again. There was no twins, there was a giant dragon and he knew that this was going to be a fight. "Take care of this avatar my pet, I will take care of the goddesses." Said Paragor though sounding not to reasonably assured. PotenLux watched as Paragor and the twins began to duel in the pasture in front of the wagon, he watched in awe as the twins fought Paragor, and noticed how a beautiful dragon they were. Until he heard a banging from the wagon, He had a dragon to fight, and it wasn't a nice one...

PotenLux pulled out his sword staff and watched as the doors opened, black smoked poured out of the wagon as he saw two giant claws grasped for outside of the wagon, then a head popped out, followed by the rest of a huge black scaly body. "I do not fear you Elder Wyrm Lord, I am the Avatar of Light sent to destroy the darkness that has corrupted Lore, you will be defeated." The Wyrm Lord as if he was trying to sound out words finally said in a gravely voice,"I know of you Avatar, from the dawn of time there were scrolls about you, and I know on this day you will not defeat me, now come I am hungry from my long imprisonment. " The battle then erupted when the Elder Wyrm Lord with his acid like fire tried to consume PotenLux who always was able to jump away from the fire in the nick of time.

PotenLux casted several light spells at the dragon who only seemed to be irritated by the magic. PotenLux then ducking another dash of flame did not notice the claw that came at him throwing him down to the ground. The Wyrm Lord smiling in triumph as he prepared to blast the avatar who readied himself for the deathly blow. Just as he saw the Wyrm Lord's flames coming at him it was stopped seconds from hitting him by a giant rush of water. The Wyrm Lord turned to see who it was that saved his meal and said,"Who are you?" "I am Dragonlord Dragonman 66th of the Dragonmen, I am bonded to the Water Prime Dragon Cravqo."replied the brave dragonlord. The Wyrm Lord smiled,"Dragon Primal meat is always the best." The Wyrm Lord dropped the avatar and began to battle the primal dragon and Dragonman66.

Every time the Wyrm Lord breathed fire, Cravqo would counter the fire with a giant rush of water. PotenLux watched helplessly as the twins battled Paragor and Dragonman fought the Wyrm Lord. The battles seem matched evenly with no side seeming to win when all of a sudden Paragor aimed a flash of lightning directly at Cravqo. The Primal Dragon screamed in pain as it fell the ground unconscious, the Wyrm Lord ignored the primal dragon and turned to help Paragor fight the twins. The twins seeing what happened bit deep into the Wyrm Lords side before Paragor could strike them to the ground. PotenLux all of a sudden felt a blow from the back and turned around to slay a undead before he fell to the ground unconscious.

"I feel like this has been happening to me alot," said PotenLux laying in bed talking to a battered up Mareth. "You are very lucky to be alive young Avatar, but the twins damage to the Wyrm Lord had Paragor order a retreat to Paragory." Mareth smiled,"Yes the Wyrm Lord and the six remaining first wolves have been released but he has will take time to heal. Paragor has suffered a terrible loss in that battle, we lost many warriors too but we still have the city and many people will be healed." Just then the twins walked in, both looking a bit pale and had scars all over their bodies. PotenLux then said," I had no idea that you were goddesses, that was a amazing how combined into a dragon and took on Paragor." River Song smiled," We were goddesses, we are now trapped in elven forms as witches. It is a long story Hero, how that happened and may one day we can tell you when the threat is over how we became trapped."

Lady Athena then spoke up,"Remember who saved your life too, Dragonman66, he and his dragon stopped the Wyrm Lord from killing you. The water primal dragon sadly is dead though from Paragor's strike but the dragon did give a egg days before she died. The egg shall soon hatch and balance will be restored." Mareth then said,"That is enough for now, just rest assured young PotenLux that all your companions are alive and are well." As everyone walked out PotenLux closed his eyes, wondered what Sepulchure would be doing next and what he will have to do to stop him.

Paragor had finally returned to his stronghold with his remaining troops and a slightly injured Wyrm Dragon who was rushed off to be healed, and restore his former strength. "Sir," said one scared captain,"Sepulchure has just heard of your defeat and is not pleased." Paragor starting to walk away said,"Sepulchure, is no worry to me, I have much more to worry about then keeping his happy." The Captain said,"He is coming." Paragor then froze and turned around,"When?". The captain pointed to a window and Paragor walked over to it, he looked out and what life remained in his face immediately drained. The flying fortress had arrived...

Chapter 11: Freedom with a Dash of Diplomacy

The battle had been won, the dead had been collected, and now it was time to get back to work. PotenLux had been tasked to go up North with Lord Ferret to help free some of the cities from the Shadowscythe's control. PotenLux thought back to what Mareth had said,"The less the enemy controls the weaker they are, Sepulchure needs the Northern city for their mines." PotenLux had already said his goodbyes to his fellow companions, Mareth and Maxxter was returning to Alawick to help plan attacks on Paragory, DragonMan was heading somewhere secret to train his new baby primal dragon the element of water, Wouwourm was going to be studying the Elven magic for awhile, the twins were staying to help repair the city and lead a invading army south to severe Paragory's feed lines to the farms and strategic strongholds.

Lord Ferret had a giant dragon so they both decided to do double back and just ride his dragon. Morning came faster then PotenLux wanted it to and they were off, they took a five thousands human and elf soldiers on dragonback to meet the invading army. "Where are we first attack?" yelled PotenLux, "We are heading to Mandosalog, it fell to Sepulchure several years ago, it has vast mines around it that can make millions of weapon for who ever controls it." Yelled Lord Ferret,"It is almost nae impenetrable unless you have something very powerful, Oh wait, we do!" Lord Ferret now started to chuckle. A few weeks later they finally arrived at the camp site to see some very weary cold soldiers waiting to help them. The General there welcomed them to the camp and gave immediate command over to Lord Ferret, as the general gave information about the current status of the army and the city. PotenLux walked over to see a giant city, he then let out a quiet whistle.

The city was built on the side of a mountain and its walls were made of thick white stone. The gate looked to be a foot inch stick of steel and the city he could tell had catapults all around in different areas. It had once been a very beautiful city he noticed, there was probably children laughing, bells ringing, and people would be busy running to and fro from the market. The city now had giant pipes with dark smoke coming out of them and the gates looked very unwelcoming. He walked back to see Lord Ferret frowning and deep in thought about something, Lord Ferret then explained the situation.The troops were about ready to give up and go home, but they had promised to stay another three days and then they would leave. "The general showed me this map," Said Lord Ferret, pointing to a area on the map,"There is a place outside the city where some men could slip in through the sewers and climb up through a grate that is right next to the main gates. If we can open the gates victory is very much assured, I am told there is not that many soldiers in there actually."

Lord Ferret then turned to PotenLux,"Do you think you can do this mission for me? Your the only person I can trust to lead this mission." PotenLux nodded and set out to get the proper weapons and men for this daring mission. What seemed to be all to soon when the moon started arising, which was then clouded up by Lord Ferret's mages to keep it as dark as possible in the city. The men arrived down to the sewer entrance where there was a few guards, the elven archer's shot them out in a few seconds and they entered the sewer. It was extremely slimy and smelly in the sewers as they walked through, making sure to avoid magical and non-magical traps that were layered throughout the path. Just when they were about to arrive a mage went in front with a magical shield around him when some sharp crystals shattered through his shield and killed him instantly. Suddenly through the city was magical shrieks, waking up the soldiers and everyone else in the city.

PotenLux knew that time was of the essence now yelled, "Move!!" PotenLux's little group broke through the grate and ran toward the giant gate only to have a little welcoming party. PotenLux quickly looked to see the mechanisms of the gate, there was two houses with the levers in them to open the gate. He divided his group into half and each side went and invaded the houses. "Get that gate open!!" yelled PotenLux who was then surrounded by soldiers. Knowing he needed to focus if he was going to get out of this alive, breathed very slowly and let out a long breath.

He then looked around and seeing torches around him called out to the fire and immediately was surrounded by a fire shield. *Focus Now*, he thought, *just keep a level head and and I will get out of this alive* he then raised his arms releasing a explosion of light knocking the soldiers to their feet. Just then he heard a click and looked to see the doors slowly opening to the invading army waiting outside. PotenLux smiling, destroyed the remaining soldiers standing and then advanced with the rest of the army to take the city. The soldiers knowing they had lost had dropped their weapons and begged for surrender. "Where is your King?" asked Lord Ferret to a soldier. "He has locked himself into the tower and has tasked a necromancer to keep anyone from entering his house."said the frightened soldier. Lord Ferret nodded his head to PotenLux, Potenlux then walked to the castle and just before entering was almost struck by necro acid.

PotenLux then raised his hand and cast a light spell knocking the supposedly powerful necromancer to the ground. PotenLux then checked the necromancer to make sure he was dead and then advanced to find a terrible sight. There was another necromancer who had two children in front of him. The necromancer smiled," Leave now or else I will turn these children undead, and I know you don't want that to happen do you... Avatar of Light?" PotenLux slowly turned away and acted like he was going to leave, just when he heard the necromancer relax a bit he turned around and blasted the necromancer away. He called some men up to take the children away to safety and then advanced to get the slightly chubby king from the tower.

Lord Ferret looking slightly tired saw PotenLux yawn a bit," You need to rest young Avatar, as do I. We got to finish liberating the land and this is only the beginning. Luckily everywhere else the cities are not so defensive, so I will have you take a few hundred men and go liberate some of those cities. I want you to rest for now though, there is a chamber ready for you. Good night, young avatar." PotenLux nodded and headed off to his quarters to get some much needed rest.

Chapter 12: A Traitor Revealed

"Take out that tower there, don't let those Paragory rats hold up in there!" yelled the new general Rukaji who had been assigned to go with PotenLux. They had been defeating the little villages that Sepulchure once held for weeks now, and they were now marching to defeat the last strategic castle that Sepulchure held in the north. "The scouts have reported this to be a easy siege, but you never know what Sepulchure has up his sleeve," commented Rukaji. PotenLux noted what he had said and they continued the march to the castle. Once they had arrived PotenLux noticed it looked more like a tower surrounded by a wall, a giant black tower. The walls were covered in ice and the gates were formed to look like skulls. The soldiers slowly moved forward and not seeing anyone on the walls walked up the gate with a siege hammer, which they quickly busted down.

Rukaji and PotenLux walked in to see a most odd sight, there was hundreds of ice statues until PotenLux walked up close to one to see it blink. "It's a trap!" yelled PotenLux who then raised up his staff just in time to fend of a icy blow. A battle began to rage as the ice statues came to life and began to attack the little group, Rukaji who using his personal mages to cast a fire spells. Had them destroying almost all the statues before the fight had begun, the soldiers then looked over the broken statues wondering what would happen next. PotenLux raised his hand to quieten the troops, Rukaji feeling ill at ease raised his sword. Just then a ice pelt came from the sky which the fire mages stopped immediately. PotenLux and Rukaji went up to examine the quickly melting giant ice icicle that would of froze someone. Rukaji then touched the ice, closed his eyes, and took a deep breath. He then opened his eyes and said," Ice Wizard." He then started to yell to his soldiers to back out, when another ice pelt came from the sky and struck a couple of the men. The men slowly turned into icy statues and were about to attack Rukaji when PotenLux destroyed them with his staff.

The giant doors to the tower slowly opened to reveal a figure in icy dark robes walking down the stairs with a staff in his right hand. The fire mages raised their hands to fire a spell only to be instantly hit by a rain of ice and killed in seconds. "Pity, I was thinking you would have better warriors Rukaji." said a semi-familiar voice. "I was hoping for more of a challenge." PotenLux then spoke up," Who are you?" The wizard then lowered his hood and gave a icy smile. Rukaji and PotenLux both confused said,"Mareth?" Mareth then said," Confused? I would be surprised if you weren't, you see I have been helping Sepulchure since the siege of Animare.Why, you may ask would I work for such a weakling, the answer is simple."

Then wizard giving his crooked icy smile again continued," Many years ago I began looking for the lost elven book of ice, it would amplify the magicians powers a thousand folds and would teach me new powerful spells. I about found it when Sepulchure found it by accident and took it, Sepulchure then later hearing I wanted it made a deal with me. He gets you, I get my book and everyone is happy." The wizard then raised his staff and aimed it at soldiers only to be blocked then by PotenLux, "You can not defeat me Young Avatar," said the wizard who laughed evil like. "Don't you ever.. call me that.. again!!!" Yelled PotenLux, he then flew up into the sky with his eyes glowing, Mareth began to laugh raised his staff up and began to fly up to. Rukaji sensing that there was nothing more he and his men could do ordered them to back away. Just seconds after they had gone through the gates they heard the battle begin..

The wizard began to throw ice as hot as fire at PotenLux who then blocked it and returned the attack by throwing a beam of light as bright as the sun. The wizard threw it away like it was nothing and called down lightning to throw at PotenLux, PotenLux then again blocked it by using water to absorb the lightning before hitting him. Then PotenLox thinking quickly raised more water out of the nearby lake and encased Mareth in it, then he struck the water with lightning which then dropped the water. Mareth looking more mad and smelling like fried bacon dropped his staff because it was hot like fire from the charged electricity. Mareth starting to look a bit worried kept fending off the spells from PotenLux, until finally PotenLux released a giant fireball making Mareth fall to the ground. Just when he went to claim the ice wizard, the wizard raised his hand as if waving and disappeared in a wave of cold air.

"This disturbs me greatly," said Lord Ferret, Rukaji and PotenLux had met with him back at the first city they had sieged. "So Mareth has been working for Sepulchure all this time now for a book that will amplify his ice powers? We must avoid such a problem, Rukaji I am going to task you with some men to go siege Dragesvard. If there is a ice book that is where Sepulchure would hide it." Rukaji then said," Yes my Lord, I will do as you say and good luck PotenLux, it was a honor to fight with you and I hope to see you again soon in peaceful times." Rukaji then bowed out and went to leave for his mission. Lord Ferret then turned to PotenLux," Sepulchure to make a alliance with Mareth must mean he is desperate now, but remember a desperate man is more dangerous then ever.You are going to now head to Sandsea, Sepulchure controls strategic areas there that give him extraordinary power. Pray to your mother that we will succeed before Sepulchure's next move."

"Why is it whenever there is a defeat or failure you are there, Paragor?" said a very unhappy Doomknight. "You brought me a injured Wyrm Lord who will take weeks to recover, you let one of the first seven wolves get slain, and you lost most of your men. Give me one reason not to promote someone to your station?" The sweating soldier knew what a promotion meant, the previous leader was executed with his crown still on and then it was removed from his once whole head and put on the new leader. "Mm,mm, my lord, I have still brought you a Wyrm Lord, who when healed will be able to defeat Alawick and the Avatar, the only reason he did destroy him then was because of the Dragonlord and the Twins, which I must remind my Lord I slayed the primal water dragon. I also brought a mighty wizard to our side."

"Yes, that is right, a wizard that was defeated by a not fully grown avatar, and causing trouble in the elemental world. How did i forget what you've done for me!" Sepulchure then froze, "There is a way you can redeem yourself though.." Paragor was very anxious to do anything to redeem himself until he he"ard what the Dark Lord wanted him to do," But my lord, there is no way I can do that, it is impossible." Sepulchure then turned to Paragor,"Do i need you remind you the consequences shall you fail? now go , you have much to do and little time to do it.."

Chapter 13: An Old New Enemy

*Just keep on focusing PotenLux, you are their only hope don't let them down now, remember what your mother said.* That is what PotenLux had to keep telling himself these last few weeks, while they had been invading cities of the southern desert. Things had not gone as planned, the people were not rejoiced to see the Avatar of Light who could possible save their lives from Sepulchure. A messenger sent by Wouwourm had just arrived a few hours ago, Wouwourm had only told the messenger one sentence. "Something is changing, something is being awakened and changed, suspect Sepulchure is behind it. ~ Wouworum." PotenLux had meant with his trusted Generals to discuss this who then discussed this with the wise sages they had meant. No light could be shed on Wouwourm's message but they knew it could not be for the good. "I propose that we head to Sandsea" suggested PotenLux to the Generals at a meeting, "Are you nuts mon?" Said one of the generals," That is the most heavily fortified city in the whole desert, no one can break through its solid walls."

PotenLux then smiled for the first time in months,"That would be if you didn't have a secret weapon, Me." All the generals then agreed and started to plan their battle plans, except for one General who had to excuse himself. He walked out, whispered a few words to a desert man and was about to return to the tent when two men grabbed him by the arms and carried him in. "This man is a servant of Sepulchure, Potenlux, he was about to go give the plans away to some spy." said a quite familiar voice. PotenLux then walked closer,"Who are you, I demand you remove your masks at once!" The two men removed their masks to reveal two wide grins and waited for PotenLux to recover. "Dragonman66, Lord Ferret? How can this be, I am so glad to see you my friends. How is the new dragon Dragonman66?" Dragonman66 simply turned around and opened the flaps to reveal a most beautiful dragon, not fully grown but still had a sense of authority and majestic wonder. "I am glad to see she is doing so well, now we will have time to talk after we interrogate this spy.."said PotenLux.

He then turned around and touched the Generals face when it started to crumble away to reveal a undead necromancer in a permanent sneer. "I suspected as much, only a necromancer could of taken the form of one of my prized generals." the Necromancer then laughed,"You think you have won PotenLux but you are wrong, my master by now knows of your plans to invade one of his prized cities and will never let you take." Lord Ferret annoyed at the Necromancer's air of confidence slammed his fist in the Necromancer's jaw. "Tell us everything you know and we promise to give you a quick death." Necromancer then laughed at the Dragonlord then he uttered some ancient words and then he began to crumble into dust. "Noooo!" cried PotenLux,"The necromancers have done this for weeks now to keep from answering, they would rather die then to give a little bit of knowledge." DragonMan66 shook his head,"There is nothing more we can do now, the necromancer is probably right though Sepulchure knows and we must act quickly before he can be prepared." PotenLux nodded and ordered everything except his two friends to leave the tent,"Since I can only trust you two, this is what I want you to do..."

Dawn had just broken over the city, PotenLux observed that the streets were empty and the market was closed. "'They know we are coming, most likely they are reading the catapults," said a General. PotenLux nodded,"We have to hope that this plan works, but this all depends on if your wizards can do the trick." The General nodded," Our wizards are trained well in the art of illusion, it shouldn't be to hard to make the illusion you want right now. The other one may be hard for them, it will drain their energy alot." PotenLux thought for a second then said,"Begin, and make sure to imitate it as best as possible." The General then turned around and made a motion to the wizards who then looked up into the sky as one and began to chant. On the other side of the city Dragonman66 waited on his Dragon for the signal, "Come on, you can do it," he then closed his eyes and silently began to try and will the wizards to be able to do it. He then heard skeletal bones rustling in the wind and began to smile, they had done it.

"I am amazed Maratry, your illusion is perfect that should fool them easily," a very happy PotenLux said. A giant undead dragon with a fortress on top had just flew to the top of the city, the city soldiers then began to rush out of their hiding spots to welcome Sepulchure into their midst. PotenLux then listening hoping the Wizards could cast the illusion of a voice in such far a distance,"You are fools, men of the Sandsea, the soldiers of Alawick are coming from the south not from the north. Look to your walls and tell me where you see a giant army of dragons coming, get to your stations!!" said the illusion Sepulchure. Then the mages cast a illusion of thousands of dragons with gleaming armor with knights were heading their way from the south. The soldiers yelled,"For Sepulchure!" and all the men ran to the southern gate, PotenLux then waited to see the next part of their plan spring into action. Sure enough, he saw a dragonlord walk up the gate with his dragon and slowly flew over to the inside of the gate. They heard the gates unlock then, and PotenLux ordered his men to charge down the hill to enter the city. Just when they were about down to the gate, PotenLux heard the loudest scream and knew something had gone wrong...

Lord Ferret had gone over the gate easily, he looked around and saw no one around ran to the gate and with the help of his dragon slowly unlocked the giant gates. He then used his dragon magic to open the doors when he heard his dragon let out a giant battle roar. Lord Ferret turned around to see a giant man with a club attack his dragon, who was rather annoyed threw him off with his tail. The dragon then turned and was about to bite the man's head off when the man with super strength slammed the dragon's face with his club. Lord Ferret afraid to get to close watched as his dragon screamed in outrage and then put a deep scratch on the man's arm and then broke his club. The man started to howl then, a most despairing howl and Lord Ferret knew that this was no man. The man then doubled over and started to grow larger and get more hairy. Lord Ferret yelled to his dragon to run while the wolf was busy, the dragon wanting to fight knew not to abandon his dragonlord turned away and picked up Lord Ferret to meet the coming invading army.

PotenLux watched as Lord Ferret and his dragon circled over the army and then tried to land, Lord Ferret then ran to PotenLux and explained what he had found waiting for them in the city. "So Sepulchure has stationed one of the wolves here to protect the city, where is Daxxter with his handy axe when you need him!" PotenLux then quickly thought what to do and then said,"You, Dragonman66, and me will go fight this wolf, surely together we can defeat him, a wolf can't be that powerful." Lord Ferret a little bit unsure nodded, and PotenLux got on his dragon to meet Dragonman66 at the gate who's dragon was licking his chops and who's dragonlord had already a bloody blade. "I heard there is some trouble with a rather hairy man?" Dragonman66 said looking way too happy."I believe I know where he might be." The three heroes walked a little ways weaving in and out of streets till they arrived to see a litter of bodies, with a giant man in the middle. "Since he doesn't have a club, I am going with that he isn't a man." said a slightly sarcastic Lord Ferret.

The wolf man then laughed and then spoke in a ancient voice,"I have not had avatar meat in a long time, and is see you brought me enough meals to last me a week. Come now, let's make this quick, Sepulchure wants you dead and I hunger." The man lunged into the air at PotenLux who then raised his shield to block a giant wolf now, who fell completely onto PotenLux. Dragonman66 stabbed his sword straight into the wolves back who yelled in rage, turned, and threw Dragonman66 far away like he was no more then a feather. Lord Ferret then jumped onto the wolves back and held onto Dragonman66's sword for dear life, while this distracted the wolf trying to threw the dragonlord off. PotenLux got up and raised his hands to fire a spell, the wolf seeing what the avatar would do ducked to watch the light spell bring down a building down the the road. Lord Ferret then fell off when the wolf did this, and seeing the wolf turn to him now raised his sword cutting a deep gash into the wolves paw.

Dragonman66 had gotten back up with a dead soldier's mace and attacked the wolf from the one side, while Lord Ferret attack the back, and PotenLux attacked from the front. The wolf seemed to have super natural speed and would someone keep them from damaging his body fatally and would cause severe wounds to the heroes. They slowly got closer to the center of the city, where they noticed they were surrounded by archers on the roofs of the houses. The wolf was no dummy, it knew it could not defeat three soldiers this might so it drew them to a perfect area to be slayed by arrows. The wolf then backed off for a second only to be blasted by a giant bright light, the archers noticing what happened to their leader fired their arrows at area where the spell was coming from. Only to have the arrows bounce back and landing deep into their skulls or chests, making it a fair fight against the wolf again. PotenLux then raised his staff making a fatal wound to the wolf who screamed in pain as he backed off, the heroes sensing victory slowly walked to the wolf about to cast the fatal blow when he howled. The heroes covered their ears for a second to see the wolf jump high up to where a undead dragon picked him up and carried him away from the city. PotenLux knew it was too good to be true, Sepulchure wouldn't want to loose another wolf again so he had planned a escape route for the wolf.

PotenLux remembering his savior turned around to see the figure or figures had gone, he wondered who it had been but knew he had to get back to finishing the siege. Since the wolf was gone now the soldiers had lost hope of keeping the city, had begun to surrender, and begged for mercy. PotenLux happy with the victory remembered the reason they had took the city, marched to the royal records with his two loyal dragonlords by his side. He then opened his door to find a interesting sight in front of him, he smiled then and knew right away that these people have been his rescuers. Just when he was about to begin he noticed that they had a scroll open and were looking very somber, pointed to it. PotenLux then walked forward to read what the scroll said, he slowly started to shake then and was forced to sit down. "This can not happen, if Sepulchure does succeed we are going to be in dire trouble, even our magic may not be strong enough." said one of his saviors. "Dragonman66 and Lord Ferret, you are to head back to Myserend and have the ancient wizards there give you all the knowledge they can give to help you." The other savior then spoke up," PotenLux, it seems we are teamed together once again, let us now head to the NorthLands to stop this from ever happening."

Far away on the real undead dragon,*"He might actually be able to do it, yes it seems he can, if this succeeds we have the key to unlocking the Avatar of Darkness and will rule Lore."* the Doomknight then after pondering this walked deep into the fortress to see the undead that were preparing for war. He smiled, yes, everything was going according to plan and he would have his victory.

< Message edited by Shadowscythe warrior -- 1/24/2014 15:48:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> The Life of The Dark Avatar: Shadowscythe Warrior
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition