Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Legitament trading system...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legitament trading system...
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2012 18:59:48   
EDLastGame

Theres many things i wish i had but don't have... i wish i could give my old accounts armor and weapons to my current account,

or trading all my current stuff to a weaker one wch i would love to build up now that i know the game better. Heres what i think:

Have a trading server...
Log on to epicduel and go to the tradiing server... Lets say i want to give my delta knight to my noob Acc... i would Click on the

name and click trade... I would then offer Delta knight for ...lets say basic staff or whatever or blades, you know..? And i have a friend who i would love to trade for his bunny borg armor.. and we could work something out and both of us would be happy

- WEAPONS AND ARMORS TRADED SHOULD KEEP THE ENHANCEMENTS AND YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO VIEW THE STATS AND NUMBER OF ENHANCEMENTS! -
Post #: 1
9/16/2012 19:07:54   
Stabilis

Too many flaws, you did not even account for players that are scammed (minus-) or players that are rich (plus+)... because of this feature.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
9/16/2012 19:09:42   
Ranloth
Banned

There are security issues with this. Besides this is from other thread - http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20503090 - from a Staff Member:
quote:

Trading will be something that most likely will never be released in EpicDuel, due to the high risk of scamming and other issues that stem from Trading. Most games that include trading have huge issues with players who don't understand the game trading weapons for something that isn't worth it, or being scammed, and having all their items given to someone else. The amount of issues that would come from implementing trading is much higher than the pros that it gives. So unless there's a way to make it scam proof, it won't be happening.

So don't count on Trading being in ED possibly ever. Also in the future, you should check previous threads if it wasn't suggested before since it's really suggested on almost weekly basis - latest one was 3 days ago, it's towards the top of 2nd page - so yeah. Answer is the same.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
9/16/2012 19:16:20   
Pinkie Pie

Well they could try adding a separate password or pincode that must be entered before any trading is done. The separate password or pincode would be different from your password of course.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/16/2012 19:19:54   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

The word "trade", or any of it's variants, is somewhat of a taboo since ED is not prepared to deal with certain repercussions of it's implementation. You may want to think of an alternative concept and refine the idea before posting it. That said, I do like the idea of sharing items between characters on the same account. Perhaps you could broaden that concept and make a suggestion because it's a much safer method in my opinion. There are many items in my inventory that I no longer use, it would be great if I could share it with my other character(s).
Epic  Post #: 5
9/17/2012 2:53:23   
Drianx

Lol every new ED forumer opens a thread about this as his 5th post or so.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/18/2012 18:37:56   
Power Of The Chosen

I think trading should be implemented, its not fair to the people who actually want trading and aren't scared of being scammed.. But hey, why not just put a BIG warning notification for first time traders about scammers? That should help right?
AQ MQ  Post #: 7
9/18/2012 18:53:42   
Mother1

Not supported. I have played a lot of online games in the past, and I have seen many players get scammed out of all their items. Plus if they did this, it would cause a lot of problems and confusion especially if someone get scammed and has to contact an admin for help. The Epic duel team has many other things on their plate to deal with as it is, and we already have a problem with hackers why add item theft to that list of problems?
Epic  Post #: 8
9/18/2012 19:15:46   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I support trading
If you get scammed, learn to play a video game
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
9/18/2012 20:32:23   
doomturtle

I don't see how someone will get there items stolen if the two or more items are traded at the same time and you can see what the other person is trading this shouldn't be a big deal and no one should get hacked
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/18/2012 20:38:34   
Power Of The Chosen

You guys shouldn't be afraid about trading, its a very great feature that would evolve this game soo much... You guys just need to think first before you trade things..

< Message edited by Power Of The Chosen -- 9/18/2012 20:47:29 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 11
9/18/2012 20:40:57   
Stabilis

You do not need trading, you can get all of your items from NPC shops and promotions.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
9/18/2012 20:47:55   
Power Of The Chosen

quote:

Blaze The Aion Ender: I support trading

Exactly...

quote:

doomturtle: I don't see how someone will get there items stolen if the two or more items are traded at the same time and you can see what the other person is trading this shouldn't be a big deal and no one should get hacked

Niether do i really, because you should be able to see the stats of the items that are being traded.. But anyways heres some ideas that i think might avoid people from getting scammed since from what i can see, people are really scared.. lol

1. like i said earlier, put a big warning sign about scammers/trading.
2. You can only trade equipment that are up to __ lvls higher or below the player you are trading with.
3. You can only trade equipment with __ amount of stat modifers higher or below the traders item.
4. You can only trade equipment with __ amount of rarity score higher or below the traders item.
5. You can only trade equipment with __ amount of sellback higher or below the traders item.

ideas 2-5 should eliminate some of the disappointment from scams... Atleast if you get scammed, you get a item just as good as the item you lost.

< Message edited by Power Of The Chosen -- 9/18/2012 21:02:14 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 13
9/18/2012 21:11:16   
Mother1

^ It has been said so many times that trading will never be introduced into Epic duel by the Admins themselves as well as Atrix which is even higher up. I highly doubt that they will change their minds anytime soon and even if they did, it would be the admins call to even implement it and I highly doubt they would due to the reasons they already posted as to why they wouldn't do it.

Lastly even if they get an equal item from being scammed the point is they were skill scammed. No one wants to get scammed even if they get a supposed good item in the process. What if it isn't the item they wanted? People wouldn't be happy with this in the least.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/18/2012 21:13:59 >
Epic  Post #: 14
9/18/2012 22:46:27   
Death Jr

How is it possible to get scammed. That can be prevented if you can see what each player is about to trade and then you have to press the trade button in under 2 seconds so the other person can't switch the items.

Ex: Ther could be a table and you put what u want to trade and same for the other person. Both people see what's on the table at the same time. Then when their ready you press a ready button. Once both are ready you must press trade in under 2 seconds so no one can switch the items around.

Also most people that are willing to trade (especially rares) won't fall for scams.

< Message edited by Death Jr -- 9/18/2012 22:49:22 >
Post #: 15
9/18/2012 23:00:16   
Bunshichi

It's all here

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20494530&mpage=1&key=�

quote:

As for this idea, it's certainly very interesting and something that may be good to discuss as a team. However, there are a lot of issues I can see from this straight away. Firstly, rares are rares for various reasons, either they cannot be bought anymore, and never will be able to be bought again; they can only be bought at a certain time in the year, or they can only be bought when in stock. Setting up a market where all these can be sold at any time would lead to a lack of meaning in a lot of these and a lot of confusion. Accounts made in Gamma, with Beta Weapons; none-founder accounts with Founder Armour; accounts made in Delta with Alpha weapons. There are a lot more examples, however, I think you get the idea. This kind of thing has been suggested before and the same thing will be said. The above scenarios are things we don't want and will not allow. The only way to implement this kind of system is to restrict any items like that from being sold, and that kind of destroys the purpose of the whole idea.

Secondly, most rares are already sellable, those rares that aren't are the ones most people end up emailing in saying 'I accidently sold this, please can I have it back'. If the whole idea is to allow others to buy them, I've already listed the issues with that above. Not only that, but allowing people to buy seasonal rares any time of the year makes it meaningless.

As you can see, there are quite a lot of cons that could come out of this, including scamming issues. So it's a good idea, but one that has a lot on both sides of the arguments and has to be thought about due to that.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
9/18/2012 23:02:48   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I have seen this system in a game called bots
The person would say "I put up the items, click confirm" when clearly, he didn't
You then clicked confirm, then they would quickly press "show" then "confirm", taking your items that you put up to "trade"
They got scammed, because of stupidity, and I guarantee, the younger, less intelligent of our players who got their parents to buy them tons of varium, would lose it all in a span of 3 mins
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
9/18/2012 23:21:04   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

I support trading

Exactly.
If getting scammed is a big deal then make log in IP based or something.
Epic  Post #: 18
9/18/2012 23:32:04   
Power Of The Chosen

quote:

Blaze The Aion Ender: I have seen this system in a game called bots
The person would say "I put up the items, click confirm" when clearly, he didn't
You then clicked confirm, then they would quickly press "show" then "confirm", taking your items that you put up to "trade" They got scammed, because of stupidity, and I guarantee, the younger, less intelligent of our players who got their parents to buy them tons of varium, would lose it all in a span of 3 mins

ive got scammed twice in my life and that was when i was 11 playing runescape, im 17 now and out of all the mmos ive played that had trading i still haven't gotten scammed lol.. (so if you guys are like me, getting scammed should be a rare thing...)

I just think its sad that everyone is too scared about trading.. Its such a great feature... And really... its so simple to not get scammed, you guys just need to use your heads... :/...

< Message edited by Power Of The Chosen -- 9/19/2012 0:27:36 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 19
9/18/2012 23:34:04   
shadesofblue

Bazaar is a much better option, imho. This way, at least you'll get some of your item's worth if you decide to auction it off.
AQW  Post #: 20
9/18/2012 23:42:29   
Power Of The Chosen

And honestly, i dont think its the admins that dont want trading... I think its the majority of the epicduel community that dont... And plus, even if it really was the admins that dont want it, we the people of epicduel can possibly make them change their minds if we all actually wanted it.. But man, its just so unfair for the people that want trading.. Its like we aren't getting trading just because a majority of guys cant use your brains before you trade an item..

and yes their are some issues that would occur from this like shops becoming useless most of the time because people could get an item cheaper through trading.. But dont all games with trading have this issue??? And yes their still is the scamming issue, but that can simply be fixed by educating the players or not trading at all like doomturtle said below..

< Message edited by Power Of The Chosen -- 9/18/2012 23:56:48 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 21
9/18/2012 23:51:30   
doomturtle

And for the people who don't want it no one ever said you have to trade your items. If you are scared just don't take the chance
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
9/19/2012 0:01:47   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

1. Scamming. This is the major reason that it's not getting implemented.
2. Fairness. It would be a major time waster for the devs to implement this AND make it so people aren't getting ripped off all the time. The majority of AE players are pretty young. It's not like everyone here is full grown adults who speak perfect english and know better than to trust people online(and not even then is it guaranteed that you won't get scammed).
3. The Help Team. They get swamped as it is with just helping people get their accounts back, let alone people getting scammed almost daily from weapon trading.
4. Balance. How does this affect balance? Trade over your outdated gear from your main account into an alt and you just got a free weapon and now have an advantage over everyone else who doesn't have a main account with great gear to trade with.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
9/19/2012 0:15:52   
Power Of The Chosen

quote:

The ND Mallet Guy:
1. Scamming. This is the major reason that it's not getting implemented.
2. Fairness. It would be a major time waster for the devs to implement this AND make it so people aren't getting ripped off all the time. The majority of AE players are pretty young. It's not like everyone here is full grown adults who speak perfect english and know better than to trust people online(and not even then is it guaranteed that you won't get scammed).
3. The Help Team. They get swamped as it is with just helping people get their accounts back, let alone people getting scammed almost daily from weapon trading.
4. Balance. How does this affect balance? Trade over your outdated gear from your main account into an alt and you just got a free weapon and now have an advantage over everyone else who doesn't have a main account with great gear to trade with.

1. Yes, a major reason.. but it can simply be avoided by not trading at all, and actually thinking before you trade. Cause really.. you should be able to see what items are being traded and you should be able to tell whats good and whats not.. (well, new players arent gonna know whats good most likely, but this can be fixed by making it so people under lvl 10 cant trade)
2. Eh unfortunately your pretty right about that lol but how about maybe putting an age limit for trading? (people under the age of 13 cant trade? xD)
3. Well.. i dont think the help team would be getting anymore work than they do now because AE doesnt have a system to track lost items still right?
4. This one was a bit interesting to think about at first, but after thinking it over i realized that all games with trading have this..

< Message edited by Power Of The Chosen -- 9/19/2012 0:28:44 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 24
9/19/2012 0:16:17   
Blaze The Aion Ender

quote:

If they need to learn not to trust people online, how will they when there are no consequences to their innocence
They will just continue to go around, robbing games of valuable features, such as trading
Why not let ED be the game to teach them, if none other
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legitament trading system...
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition