Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Legitament trading system...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Legitament trading system...
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/23/2012 0:55:56   
shadesofblue

^You are one very dedicated poster; great job! I think with Drekon's system, trading might just be able to work. One small addition; how about the trade screen also shows what your item is worth and what the desired item is worth(including enchancements)? This would help people understand better and not make horrible trades.
AQW  Post #: 51
9/23/2012 1:38:34   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

^I agree, it should have all those and more. I imagined the staff could figure that part out on their own, but thank you for pointing it out.
Epic  Post #: 52
9/23/2012 1:46:24   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Drekon
That is a very well thought out idea
I agree with it
certainly better than no trading at all
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
9/23/2012 6:08:44   
Mother1

Well thought out yes, but still has some problems. It doesn't do anything about stopping perma rare items from being traded. People would be able to still do that which is one of the reasons why the staff doesn't want trading.

Also this also limits trading to varium players. This will make the player who can't use or get their hands on varium very unhappy and a unhappy players are very bad for business not to mention it would widening the variujm non varium gap that the staff is trying to get rip off. Also what is to say that Varium players won't try to trade old out of date items to their other accounts? Even with this fee trading idea people would still be able to trade hand me down items to other accounts of their which would case balance issues even if it is at the cost of varium.

Next there is no value rating system with this. Players can still get ripped off with this and that would also be cause people to complain. Complains about being ripped off would cause problems for the staff and once again it would be bad for business.

So while it is thought out well it isn't fool proof.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/23/2012 6:13:40 >
Epic  Post #: 54
9/23/2012 7:56:15   
King FrostLich

I may be against trading but although it isn't going to be implemented, I'd like to share my opinions about how trading should be if it will get approved. Every item in Epicduel is valued by power, special effect(if any) and the amount of enhancements the weapon has. If ever Player A wants to trade an item over the special effect of Player B then Player B should be also interested in Player A's offer and enhancements otherwise the trade is a ripoff. For example, I want to have the Infernal weapon over my Frost Destroyer. The other player, who also doesn't like his Infernal weapon wants my Frost Destroyer too. If both players are satisfied, then the trade is successful. In order to balance it out, the only way to for trading to be implemented is to have a "Fixed-Choosing Trading System". It's confusing but let me explain 2 things; Free trade and Fixed-Choosing Trade

Many players especially us in the real world definitely want free trade. This however, is exploited whenever one player wants to beg for items or is a supplier of items to other people and will make many low level ED players beg from others to start saying "Can I have that item?". At the same time, value here is often disregarded hence the word "free" trade wherein if one player wants to sell his Frost Destroyer, that other noob player can freely trade it for a basic weapon which is weird and absurd. Also, free trade in EpicDuel will cause instability of item needs. Here's why:

1.) Free trade destroys the value of all items upon trade if not careful(as explained above)
2.) Exploiting the cost. If you don't understand this, it means a player who sells an item can simply set his own standards of his items. For example, let's say EpicDuel has a value system of items wherein if you want to trade rare items it would cost either 1 rare item equal to its value or 2 - 4 weak rare items. Because of free trade, anyone can just set his own price and trading would become too difficult since people are setting their own standards instead of following the market's standards.
3.) Scammers or hacked accounts. Those who don't know market standards are easily fooled about the price of any item. As for those who get hacked, they are completely powerless to get their items back since EpicDuel does not allow item recovery upon getting hacked. Since it's free trade(as usual), the hacker can use 2 browsers to use your hacked account and his account and then transfer your items to his account with ease. LIKE MAGIC!
4.) Credits hoarders. Ever heard of people with alts and playing them all the time instead of their main? Well, if their alt keeps dropping the rusted assault bot or broken weapons, the alt can simply trade it to the main and receive free credits without the need of battling.

As for the good side, all I can see is high levels helping out the low levels. Since they have high credits or even varium while low levels don't have much, they can get assistance from them enjoy the game. The downside of this is that low levels become too dependent on the high level players gear and would soon give up if the high level players will stop helping them.

Now for the Fixed-Choosing Trading System. It is much more complex than free trade because there are restrictions in this system. This can only be applied if there is a value system for every item in EpicDuel but it would take too long since many players like to trade items rather than credits and varium. Of course, credits and varium can be earned similar to what every RPG game does but there are also items that are fixed prices and trading that would be used by credits and varium is a ripoff to everyone. The only way for it to succeed if trading via items alone for another item. In a Fixed-Choosing Trading System, players are able to set the items they want to. However, they are ONLY set to items near or equal to the power, special effect, level of the weapon, and its rarity. This prevents players from trading weaker items over a stronger weapon which in some cases, is not equal.

Why is this much better? Because 100,000 Basic Clubs ≠ 1 Infernal Weapon nor 9,000 Health boosters ≠ Infernal Android. Let me repeat once again the only way EpicDuel can have a trading system is to first have a value system for every item and then implement the Fixed-Choosing Trading System.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 9/23/2012 8:02:15 >
Epic  Post #: 55
9/23/2012 12:41:15   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

Ok guys, let me explain some things in more detail because I think there's a misunderstanding here.

@Mother1 and @King FrostLich...

1) It doesn't limit trading to varium players only. Public trading will be freely available to ALL players who are not banned from it. The varium fee is ONLY to increase a player's Daily Trade Limit from 1 to 5. This is primarily to prevent scammers from trading all of someone's good items at once. It also gives the owner of the account enough time to recover his/her account with minimal losses, if any. Also, players who want to trade more often to reach higher Trade Ranks, to get better achievements, may want to increase their daily limits to help their cause.

2) I've already explained that trading items will NOT affect balance anymore than buying items would. Frankly, this particular fact shouldn't even be a debate.

3) There IS a value system for the Public Trading method I proposed.
quote:

**NOTE: Desired items must meet a minimum total of 90% of the sellback price of the Item being traded, but cannot exceed 100% of the sellback price.

The value system will be based on Sellback Price instead of Level, Power, Enhancements, etc. Why? The initial cost of an item is already valued based on all these things. Since the Sellback Price of an item is based on the initial cost(credit and varium plus enhancements), it is the most effective value system we already have. Another reason to use Sellback Price is that it's the value that players would get if they were to sell it. Now, since the sum total of the Sellback Price of all desired items cannot exceed 100% of the sellback price of the item being traded, player's cannot get more than what their items are worth. Also, the 90% minimum will ensure that they cannot be ripped off by trading items that are not worth anything. Lastly, the player who requests a trade has complete control over what items will be eligible for a successful trade. Perhaps there could be a limit of 5 desired items, but the player should decide what those items are.

4) Obviously, RARE and ULTRA RARE items will not be eligible for trade, as well as Boosters and Basic Weapons. I thought the staff would be wise enough to figure that out so I didn't bother to mention it.

5) An item's sellback price, enhancements, rarity type, and stats will be made visible upon selecting the item in the Trading NPC's dynamic inventory. Prospects will also be able to see the current owner of the item and his/her Trade Rank(trade reputation). In addition to all the requirements for the trade, all prospects will have full knowledge about the deal before they make it. That way, no one can have a valid reason to complain about being ripped off. The person who initiated the trade will also see the aspects of the items being offered by prospects upon selecting them in the Trade Panel.

I really appreciate all the feedback, and King FrostLich made some good points that ought to be considered. However, if you see a problem and have a solution, please suggest it. The staff may still be against trading because they haven't yet conceived of a plausible concept. It's up to us to present them with a simple, effective, and safe method for consideration.

If I missed a few points that still concerns anyone, please let me know.

< Message edited by drekon -- 9/23/2012 12:45:46 >
Epic  Post #: 56
9/24/2012 12:54:22   
SMGS

Please read the Frequently Suggested Ideas sticky before posting. Suggestions listed here have already been or will be discussed by the dev team and posts relating to those ideas should not be posted as it serves no purpose.
Post #: 57
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Legitament trading system...
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition