Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) To End It All

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) To End It All
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/23/2012 14:54:36   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

"Say that you love me."

Never... no matter how many times you ask...

"Say it!"

Shut up if you know what's good for you...

*slap* "Maybe that will loosen your tongue."

My eyes snapped open. I looked at my tormentor, hatred turning my once-blue eyes blood red. A smile stretched across my closed lips, till my face hurt. "You know what I love, Debrah?"

"Wh-what are you doing?!" Her fear was well-founded. I had picked up a knife from the rack behind me, and lazily twirled it in my hand.

"I always liked this knife. It is long, with a thin blade... perfect to fit between the ribs to hit the heart. Or through a temple to hit the brain... a fat knife might be more impressive, but all they can do is hack. A small, short one is nice as well... can be hidden in the sleeve or hand quite easily." I paused in my rambling to see her edging towards the door. "Leaving so soon? I would think you would have to stay as long as I have, tis only fair."

"You're mad! Insane!"

My smile returned. "Yes, yes I am. Thanks to you. That imbecile of a girl tried to keep my imprisoned for so long... didn't like to kill she said, wouldn't hurt anyone she said. You though, you broke her. She could no longer resist my control... and now she is hiding in a corner in our soul, never to see daylight again. But," I said, walking towards my tormentor, "she did request your demise. The pain of killing a human soul is strong you realize, and we can't just let that go." By now I was right in front of her, relishing in the fear in her eyes.

"Running is futile you know," I said, as she dashed out the door. In a leap, I had her by the throat. "But, you can. Run, run you coward, you monster, you devil. Run!" Releasing her, she ran for five paces. Then, casually, I threw the knife in the back, it sinking up to the hilt. I walked up to the pathetic wretch, removing my knife and kicking her over.

"You're still not dead? Maybe you are an occultist, like I always speculated. Well, you can die slowly for all I care, your spine is broken so you can hardly move. But, I can't have you scream now can I?" With that, I slit her throat, and though I could hear attempting to gasp, her vocal cords were destroyed. She would die soon enough. I stuck the knife in my belt and re-entered the hut.

My possessions were destroyed long ago, all I had were my black clothes, belt and cloak. From the knife rack I grabbed two small knives and a foot-long dagger, for more melee combat. From the 'kitchen,' I searched for editable food, as I refused to eat moldy bread and raw meat any longer. After a minute I found a sack containing some cooked beef, a loaf of sourdough bread, a few apples, and two potions. There was a map on the wall, which I took as well. Moving my blanket on the floor, I also retrieved my journal. "Three Months, Two weeks, Five Days and Eight and Three-Fourth Hours. That has been my time of imprisonment. I wish I knew the minutes like I did a month or so ago, but she did leave me around noon, so I will assume that. Speaking of which..." I snapped my journal shut and put it in the sack along with the blanket.

I walked put into the chill night air. Then again, this was Doomwood, when WASN'T it night? Meh. I cast a gaze towards Debrah, she was still twitching. She just wouldn't die, would she? Sheesh. Well, the wolves would get her at worst, or maybe the undead looking for a new companion. They would leave me alone, I was sure. And if they didn't, well, I had my knives. Maybe I should just gut a monster and leave it in a tree, as a warning to all the rest... nah, I was leaving the woods for now anyways.

SwordHaven was my destination. Shouldn't be too hard to find, the gaudy castle towers could be seen for miles around, and all the pompitous ijiots flocked there like flies to sugar. And the biggest one was waiting there, dogged all day by her loyal slave. Ah, Mary and Mary, you two were next. Sorry sister, you are nothing but our Mother's pawn, but you'll be better off dead. For the retribution I will serve this land will be terrible, and I would not want you to be hurt by seeing it. You'll be fine after death, I am sure. Ah, but Mother... you shall not be as fortunate. I will make your death as drawn out as possible... I will pay you back in full the abuse you served out to me. Maybe a slow poison would be best... oh and I must skin you, so your black, cold blood will be revealed to all. Maybe slitting your veins and healing you with a potion at night... healed, but your blood now like fire in your veins. Maybe that will melt your icy heart.

But I mustn't forget about my real goal. This world is more than deserving of its end, humanity doesn't deserve to live anymore. Then again, it isn't like the fairies or sneevils deserve to either. But, let's start with the humans. With luck I can get the monsters to help me annihilate them... then I will turn on them. It will take time though... much time and planning. Fine, I can wait. I have all the time in the world, and if the world ends before I finish, so be it.

My white skin once more stretches into a smile. Yes, the biggest mistake Debrah ever made was turning me into a lich... or whatever an undead with no master and human skin is called. I cannot be killed, but I must eat to regenerate my flesh. I don't need sleep, unless my energy for the day is depleted. But spells can get rid of these limitations. And I have time... oh so much time. I just need to be patient. Train, plan, don't be hasty. One can only kill so many single-handedly before they're caught, I will need to get them to turn on each other. Maybe a brain-washed mayor will do... or better yet, the King. But that is too ambitious a start. For now, Mayor Rayf will do. He's an idiot, a mind control spell will be a piece of cake. And I don't even need active control over him... just set up for when I'm strong enough. And of course, FalconReach is so big and invaded so often a few missing people will hardly cause a stir. The Guardians will be a pain, but I may just be able to use them.

Brushing my scarlet hair out of my face, I took a look at the moon above. "You, my only friend, will be witness to my vow. I vow to slay every breathing or thinking thing in this land, or die trying. I shall end it all."

< Message edited by Shadow Ravena -- 9/23/2012 16:21:01 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) To End It All
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition