Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) A Odd Allience

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> (DF) A Odd Allience
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2012 4:35:38   
megakyle777

Prolouge: An ally is lured.

Dragonman ran as fast as he could from the mayor's office, Batoro in persuit. "Curse that blasted mayor!" He thought to himself. "Letting maniacs like Batoro run around, and taking the mayorship from me!" I was the one who forced Mayor Ralf out of his position, I was the one who ran for it, IT WAS MINE BY RIGHT!" All this flashed past his mind in a moment, and then he used his wings to fly away and escape the caped felon.

Having escaped Falconreach, he moped to himself in front of a fire he made with his breath. "I made myself into a monster! All i wanted was to stop the mayor from his evil plans! He even ripped off Cysero's Catapult! And now I can never return to the city. people will dispise me and spit upon me!

And then he heard a voice from the shadows. "Well, if you are gonna be dispised anyway, why not earn it? Aheheheheheheheheheheh."

"Who's there?" The Dragon Man cried.

"A friend. Well, a couple of friends. Do you mind if we show ourselves? A fire would be nice right now."

"Very well. Show yourselves and warm up by the fire."

Slowly, a man in a purple suit presented himself. Besides him were a man with his face frozen in ice, a man who was wearing some sort of backpack, and... well, the thing next to him could only be described as, well, a penguin with a top hat.

"Hey, I know you guys! You are those people who attacked Falconreach! You're The Dread!"

"Indeed, so called because my puns are DREAD FULL! Ahehehehehehehe!"

"And you are that guy Megakyle!"

"A pleasure to meet you Mr Dragonman." The man with the pack replied.

"That there is Mr Glais isn't it?"

The man with the frozen face bowed.

"And YOU! You are the worst of all of you! The notorious villain Stephen Nix!"

"WAC." the pengiun replied.

"Why are you all here? And why are you talking to me?"

"The thing is Mr Dragonman, we are here because we all share one thing in common. All of us were wronged by a certain Landis Wayn." Megakyle replied. "My invention you see on my back was stolen from me by Wayntech, Mr Glais here became like thia after an.. incident with Applied Cyromancy in Wayntech, The Dread lost all his skin in a horrific fire and only survived by becoming an insane undead, and Nix here was fired from the marketing department for not being cute enough."

"He looks cute enough to me." Dragonman siad, confused at this.

"WAC!"

"He hates being called cute. If you must know he was forced out of the position after Twig apllied for it."

"Ouch."

"Indeed. And you of course were wronged by im when he took the mayorship. We are after the same thing: The defeat of Wayn and the man who stopped up from besting him: Batoro! And a man with the powwer of a Dravir would be a great ally!"

"Why should I help you?"

The Dread replied: "You said it yourself. Now noone will vote you for mayor, all shall hate you for what you have become ETC ETC. At this point, you have nothing to lose and revenge to gain!" Aheheheheheheheheh!"

"Wac Wac." Said Nix.

He gave it some thought. Took a long time to decide his path. In the end he said, "Very well. I shall aid you in your schemes for vengence."

"Good." Said Megakyle. "Now, Megakyle's Army shall RISE!"

"No, if anything we should be called The Dread and his Merry Men!"

Mr Glais shook his head.

"WAC WAC WAC!" Nix yelled.

"Whatever, we shall decide on a name later."
DF  Post #: 1
9/26/2012 0:15:56   
  Stephen Nix
Penguin Lore Keeper (DF)

Mogloween has come and gone, Thankstaking/Welcomgiving was just completed and the time for recovering due to these events has arrived. However the time for Frostval was just around the corner...monsters were planning for their revenge, and it was finally time to reunite and discuss their plan...

Dread: I said, PULL!

Megakyle and Dragonman pull off the Mogloween mask off of Nix...

The Nix: *takes a deep breathe* AHHH!!!!! *sighs* Wow!
Megakyle: Don't you say Wac?
The Nix: Yeah, what happened? Did I invite some crazy lingo when I was out the other night?
Dread: Yup. You had one to many moglinberry mugs, entered a cuteness concert against Twig and lost, got crazy at the dance party of villains alike, then glued a mask on your face. Last we saw you, you were doing the zombie dance with some fishman in Falconreach.
The Nix: Hmm.
Killer Dragonman: That happened months ago, yet now here we are!
The Nix: The Batoro got to me didn't he? Why can't we take him out yet?
Mr. Glaisarus: ...
The Nix: Ok seriously give the guy an air hole or something so he can talk again.

The Dread takes one of his skeletons and has it breathe fire in a small area near Mr. Glaisarus's mouth...

Mr. Glaisarus: ...*coughs*
Dread: Did it work?
Killer Dragonman: Yessss, I believe it did!
Mr. Glaisarus: BATORO... WILL... PAY!
The Nix: Yea, but what do you do? He takes us out on everything!
Megakyle: Why does it have to be just Batoro to pay? It should also be Waen that pays!

Dread: Fellas, we can argue whom should pay all day, in the end I like both of them! What do you say we take them out this year at Frostval? hehehehehe.
The Nix: *coughs* Wac! Umm, I mean why then?
Dread: Because the mayor is giving a helpful hand in this years festivities.
Killer Dragonman: Perfect thisssssssss, sssssoundssss like a great kidnapping!
Mr. Glaisarus: We can give the cold shoulder to all the heroes when they have no presents to open this year! An unfortunate disaster!
Megakyle: Right so we hold the Batoro as a hostage, then steal all the gifts and ruin Frostval for everyone! What about Waen and his tech?
Killer Dragonman: Leave Waen to me!
The Nix: Then it's settled, at dawn we start on the most deadliest event Frostval has EVER SEEN! You came up with the idea Dread, what's the plan?
Dread: A distraction has to be made while The Bat visits the town of Frostvale, then WHAM! We take him out and drag him back here. If we find Waen there, we take him too, if he's not we go and take on Falconreach!
The Nix: Hehehehee. We, The Furious Five are making our move in history! No Hero can stand in our way!

Megakyle: Waen has stolen enough from us and we let the Batoro take us out too often! But now we are united!
The Nix: He made me see stars for two months after he punted me to the ground! The other guy mocked my hat, WHO DOES THAT?
Dread: He made me the un-man I am today! Jokes.....on......HIM! HAHAHHAAHA!
Mr. Glaisarus: My face has been frozen for years, and not being able to talk due to faulty technology from Waen, I demand justice of the coldest kind!
Killer Dragonman: I wasssss sssuposssssed to be the mayor. Waen rigged it I tell you! I want revenge!
Mr. Glaisarus: Ah, revenge always best served c---
Megakyle: Would you stop with those ridiculous puns already?
Dread: *pulls off an undead minion's arm* Need a hand? HHAHAHAHHAHHA!

Dread: Nah, seriously think about it boys...we will be known as the group who created the Terrible Twelve days of Frostval! Ready to cause some chaos?

The secret hideout fills with laughter as the story begins in a little town of Frostvale. Moglins were working day and night to get an early start on this years delivery. Thanks to the new Falconreach Mayor, the moglins in Frostval would be given a hand and things would move much smoother as no new villains were about to ruin the holiday.

That is......until THEY showed up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
9/27/2012 18:45:05   
Mordred

Part II: A Nefarious Frostval

Snowfall had just come to an end in Frostvale. A small town of the rugged north, the weather was almost always less than amiable, but not at that time of year. Even nature recognizes the import of the holiday festivities, and will not deter the annual cheer. Others, however, are not so virtuous…

Far to the north-west of the moglin village was a structure crafted into the harsh, unforgiving crags of the mountains. The mountains were a natural barrier between the Northlands and a dark, unspeakable land that lay to the west; a land with an ancient and forgotten name that even the Rose dare not venture into. All of one word has passed beyond the peaks of those mountains in the howling of the winds, crying out as if in agony; Angmar. It was within these foreboding mountains that a fortress of sorts had been built, the heavy stone gates jutting out from the rocky sides underneath a brow of defiant spires of glacial ice, decorated in carvings and statues of creatures not seen on Lore for many a millennium.

It was within this bastion of the frozen north that our dastardly villains had holed themselves up. It was from here that their scouts ventured out to spy upon the magical Frost Moglins as they prepared for their holiday festivities. The penguin minions of Nix served best for this purpose, for they were adorable creatures that did not attract unwanted attention, and had their hearts filled with evil by their diminutive master. Their cold eyes could gaze upon the village leisurely with no threat of harm upon their selves or their masters’ plans.

One such penguin was loafing around on the snowbanks near the entrance of the town, bellysurfing from the top of a small hill to the bottom endlessly in a futile effort to stave off the boredom of his task. It was while the penguin was climbing up the hill once more that he saw a man clad in a black suit approach the village. Staring at him for some time, the minion came to realize that the man was one of his two targets; Mayor Waen of Falconreach.

The minion flew into a flurry of excitement as the mayor rapped his knuckles against the gates of the village. They were drawn open by some of the positively cuddly villagers, allowing the prestigious mayor and CEO within their borders. As the doors closed, Nix’s penguin minion slid through as only a penguin could, without the slightest bit of attention drawn to itself. From there, the arctic creature followed the mayor through the village, until they arrived at the town square, where the moglins’ leader was waiting to greet their guest.

“Happy Frostval, Mister Waen!” the green creature called out as he threw his arms into the air.

“It’s not quite time yet,” the mayor replied jokingly. “I see you’re plenty busy, though.” As he said this, Waen motioned to the activities around him; the toymakers bustling to and fro, the bakers toiling by furnaces and ovens, the children carrying various tools where they were needed; the whole village came alive this time of year, and everyone had some role to play in the merriment.

“That’s right, Mister Waen!” Papa moglin admitted. “But dear me, aren’t you cold out here?”

“Oh, no,” the man said dismissively. “I’ve trained to withstand such harsh environments. Had to in order to be Ba-er, Falconreach’s mayor. They deserved a hero who could deal with the rampaging elements.”

The moglin nodded his fuzzy head. “The past few years have been quite… difficult without-“

“They’re back now. That’s all that matters, isn’t it?” At this, the moglin bowed his head a little, surprised by the mayor’s harsh tone. Clearing his throat, the human continued. “Speaking of which, Falconreach will be here to fend off the Rose, as per the previous years. You-know-who will be joining the defense as well.”

“Really?” Papa moglin said excitedly, joy in his voice. “Oh, we’ll be so happy! And- Oh, my, that’s a few years worth of presents to make up!” At this, the two laughed, and retreated to a hut to continue their talk.

Nix’s crony heard every word, and was about to waddle off to his master when another penguin spy came up to him.

“Wac waaaac, wac-wac,” the second penguin said arrogantly as it poked the first, smaller penguin’s belly with its flipper. “Wac wac waaaaaac…” With its second statement, the penguin motioned to his own belly, stating he would be rewarded well for returning to Stephen Nix with this information first.

“Wac-wac wac wac wac WAC!!” the first penguin shouted to the best of his ability, flapping his flippers madly.

“Wac waaaaaaac?” the second replied snidely, raising an eyebrow. At this, the first penguin began slapping at his foe with all his puny might, thrashing him with blows like that of a down pillow. Under this assault, the second penguin backed down, acknowledging that the first penguin deserved to return and claim a reward. As the victor waddled off with his beak held high, though, a third penguin was already halfway back to the base, information prepared to be delivered.

This third penguin came upon the great stone barriers of the villains’ base. With a struggle, she managed to push open the stone slabs enough to allow herself within the darkness of the ancient structure, where all was an abyss. As she waddled uncertainly deeper into the suffocating shadows, the doors shut ominously behind her. Simultaneously, a bright light lit up the area in a blinding flash, eliciting groans of pain from the occupants of the chamber.

Standing within the light source against a crumbling pillar was the infamous Megakyle, his power-pack illuminating a sepulchral chamber that was built out of grey stone with few adornments. Seated around a stone table were the mega-villain’s accomplices; Stephen Nix, the undead penguin crime-boss, Mister Glaisaurus, the cold-blooded wizard, Killer Dragonman, the twisted would-be-mayor, and the Dread, the sinister mastermind behind their collective plot.

“Thanks for letting us sit in the dark like that, Kyle,” the top-hat-wearing penguin said snidely, his beak clacking loudly.

“It’s Megakyle to you, runt,” the mask-wearing villain said threateningly.

“You two need to chill out,” Mister Glaisaurus rasped, the last two words in an unintended heavy accent that was reminiscent of some lederhosen-clad mountain-men. “How are we supposed to put a freeze on Frostval if you’re going to bicker over names?”

“Hahahahahahahahaha,” the purple-suit wearing undead laughed maniacally, his unearthly voice reverberating and echoing throughout the chamber. “I like you, snow-cone. You get right to the bone of the matter.”

At this, everyone but the Dread and his minions groaned, for the pun was truly horrendous. From deep within the structure, some beast bellowed, shaking the ground beneath their feet. Filled with fear, the penguin turned to leave, only to waddle right into Megakyle’s mega-sized boot.

“Where do you think you’re going?” the man’s voice said menacingly from under the metal visor. “You will tell us why you have come here, why you have disturbed our planning. Only then do you have my permission to leave.” With his intentions made clear, the muscled human picked up the plushy penguin and unceremoniously placed her in the center of the table, where all the minions leered at her ominously. Well, all for Stephen Nix, who was more or less the same height as his minion.

“Wac wac wac-wac-wac was WAC waaaaac,” the servant said fearfully, motioning frantically outside, towards the village.

“What’ssssssss ssssssshe sssssssaying, Nixxxxxxxxx?” Dragonman said with a hunger in his voice. Licking his vicious maws, he added, “Thissssssss ball of feathersssssss looksssssss rather tassssssssty…”

“Gentlemen, it would appear that Mister Waen has just taken up residence in Frostvale,” the crime-boss said triumphantly, rubbing his flippers together.

“Then vengeancccccccccce isssssssss at hand,” the dravir said, relishing the tought of having the squishy mayor at his mercy…

“And when Waen is within our grasp, Batoro will come out for Falconreach’s precious mayor!” Glaisaurus almost seethed, his excited breath appearing as a mist that hung heavily in the air.

“And let’s not forget the presents!” the Dread interjected, waving his purple-gloved finger. “With them, I can pull of my most humerus prank yet! Look around us,” saying this, he motioned to the chamber they were within. “All dreary, and covered with these stone gargoyles. I mean, what’s up with that? You’d have to be pretty ugly yourself to put up with these mugs. And the chill! It’s killing me! But with those presents, we could liven the place up a bit! Turn this into our own toymaker’s shoppe! And what would we be giving good little boys and girls?”

“Wood to burn for the cold winter?” one of the skeletal servants suggested.

“What would children need with lumbar,” the prankster countered, sending his goons into fits of laughter. “You’d have to be a real bone-head to think anybody would enjoy that.” This was accompanied by more groans.

“Get to the point, clown,” Dragonman snarled, his teeth parting as his forked tongue darted forth.

“Tsk, tsk. What’s the point of our little coccyx if you aren’t willing to listen?” the undead reprimanded, wagging his finger. “But what does it matter; that will be my little secret. All I can say is; it’ll be a hit with the kids! Their parents, too! So much so, you might even say everyone will be picking it up one way or another! Ahahahahahahahehehehehehehe!”

“But Waen will be ours, right?” Glaisaurus questioned. “You can’t give the rest of us the cold shoulder, now.”

“Of course!” the skilled necromancer assured. “Now, here’s the plan; the presents are located in two warehouses on the outskirts of the town. Megakyle will be there with the sled, gathering up the presents and onto the sled, so that he can drag the sled back here with his super-strength, presents in tow.”

Megakyle nodded in affirmation. “I am Frostval’s reckoning.”

“Meanwhile,” the Dread continued, “Stephen Nix and his penguin goons will get the tools from the toymakers’ shack. With their numbers, they’ll collect everything in record time!”

Stephen Nix tipped his hat and bowed as if receiving applause.

“Even while that’s going on, Killer Dragonman will use his draconic breath to melt all the snow around the village, ruining any chances of a white Frostval!”

“Hey, that one doesssssssssn’t sssssssssound asssssss important assssss the otherssssss sssssssso far,” the would-be-mayor cried angrily, rising from his seat. “Why can’t I get Waen?”

“Because we need Waen alive to draw Batoro out, lame-brain,” Nix pointed out, twirling his cane. “You’d more than likely try to kill him.”

“Well… Alright,” the dravir conceded. “But who would you trusssssssssst with him; thisssssss pranksssssssster?” Saying this, he accusingly pointed a claw at the purple-clad Dread, decrying a wrong he felt upon himself.

“Now, now, Dragonman,” the undead said soothingly, his composure calm despite the fury he faced. “I see my pranks through to the end. Rest assured, Waen will arrive here safe-and-bound. If you’re so concerned, would it ease your mind knowing the ever-level-headed popsicle will be accompanying me in capturing Waen?”

“That would not be… disssssssssagreeable…” Dragonman admitted as he reclaimed his seat. “But-“

It was at that moment that the stone doors were again pushed open, and the first penguin rushed inside, beak flapping as he struggled to get out all the info. He stopped in mid-wac, though, as he saw the smugly smirking penguin upon the table amid the villains.

“Seems like another of your bird friends was a little late, Nix,” the frozen-headed Glaisaurus said snidely.

“Bah, kick him to the curb,” the dapper penguin said with a cold-hearted voice. “After he sees how I’ve rewarded our more timely informant here…” Saying this, he once more removed his tophat, and began fishing within its depths for something. After fumbling for a while, the undead penguin triumphantly held out a small dead fish.

“… Ew,” Megakyle said disgustedly. “That thing reeks.”

The undead avian paid no heed as he threw the fish towards the penguin upon the table, who eagerly snapped it up in one gulp. As she cheerfully slurped down her prize, the Dread snapped his gloved fingers. One of his chuckling minions strode purposefully towards the first penguin that had interrupted them, and pulled back its leg to punt it with great force. The small bird was angrily cheeping and wac-ing and pointing at the penguin who had stolen his chance, too furious to see the incoming skeletal foot. With a dull thud, the creature was sent flying, where he would bother them no more.

“Now,” the Dread said with malicious cheer as he brought the tips of his fingers together, “we wait until nightfall to strike.”

Night had fallen upon the peaceful village, and all was well. Not a creature stirred, not even a tog. But to call those monsters of the night creatures in the traditional sense would be an affront to creatures everywhere. The five villains stole through the night with dark intent, their minions right on their heels.

They parted ways as they neared the town, each bent on their own tasks. Megakyle’s strength easily broke through the outer walls of the warehouse, where he skillfully amassed the already wrapped gifts upon his large sled with the aid of his disgruntled bandits. Dragonman quickly set to work on the snow surrounding the Frost Moglins’ homes, and within their village, his breath melting the flakes to a soupy puddle in seconds. Not a blade of dead grass, not a plank of wood was set aflame. Such mastery of flames would have been impressive, if it had not been used for such a nefarious purpose.

Nix’s many minions, seemingly endless in number, had formed a single line between the village and the ancient fort they took base in. When they were inside the toymakers’ workshop, they put their flippers to good use under Nix’s close direction, passing tools and parts and empty boxes down the line. A full gift would have been too much for their fingerless arms to bear, but their flippers could easily handle the stream of devices sent down their way.

As for Mister Glaisaurus and his accomplice…

“What do you mean, he’s not in there?” the undead seethed as lowly as he could to his companion in the shack.

“I mean just that. Bed’s as cold as ice. Waen’s flown the coop,” Glaisaurus said disappointedly as he returned outside.

“Where could he have gone, ice-brain?” the Dread demanded.

“Looking for someone, are we?” a gravelly voice said ominously from behind them. The villains, dumbstruck, turned to face a man clad in all black, and bearing an axe crafted in the likeness of a bat. “Looks like you’ve found me.”

“Ahahahahahahaha!” the necromancer laughed maniacally, not caring for who could hear him. Within the alleys of the village, his minions joined in with their master, creating a symphony of madness. “I’ve been wanting to try out this new toy! One of my own making, even!” The tails-tuxedo-clad cur thrust out his open palm, upon which rested a device of metal. With a low hum, a bolt of Energy flew out of the device, striking the ArchKnight full on. The powerful bolt paralyzed the man, his muscles twitching uncontrollably as he tried to withstand the pain.

“What a joybuzzer, eh?” the Dread said callously as he bent over from laughter. “It skips past the hand-shaking thing and goes right to the punchline! Glaisaurus, ice him!”

“With pleasure…” the wizard said coldly as he took up his staff. Around the masked crusader’s writhing body formed a thick layer of ice, encasing his entire body, and leaving only his head free.

“I don’t know what you’re up to,” the hero cried angrily, “but I’ll put a stop to it.”

“Oh, what a fibia to tell,” the Dread commented dryly as he approached the fallen man’s face. “But lights’ out, Batsy.” With that, he savagely brought his foot down upon the helpless man’s nose, knocking him out.

Out cold, Glaisaurus thought to himself as undead began to lift the ice statue of his creation and carry it back to the base.

“It would seem our venture was a glowing success!” the purple prankster exclaimed as he half-danced, half-walked back towards the north-west, Batoro’s unconscious body in tow…
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
10/28/2012 5:47:08   
Glais

Chapter 3

"Now...what do you propose we do with him my..." Mr. Glaisaurus paused, seemingly at a loss for words.

"Well, what is it?" The Dread replied, everything had gone according to plan. There shouldn't have been any issues, at least none he could see.

"There aren't any ice puns to go with your name."

"...Yes. Well, with that out of the way I suppose the intelligent thing to do would be to unmask the flying rat right now."

"I'm pretty sure that's not how we do things, we should at least bring him back to base. Savor the moment with our companions!"

"OF COURSE, why hadn't that occurred to me. And here I was, suspecting all that ice might have affected your brain."

And so the two set off away from Frostvale and into the icy wasteland where their current equivalent of a home rested. The scenery was less than interesting on the long trip back, and The Dread's repeated attempts at humor and small talk (or, more terrifying: both) rarely amounted to anything. Occasionally they spotted animals typical of the climate and geography, such as wolves. The animals themselves did not even provide sufficient company, and Mr. Glaisaurus' repeated attempts at communication proved to scare them off. It was truly going to be a long and dull trip back.

It had been about a half an hour of dragging Batoro's unconscious body through the snow when the snowflakes began to pile up on the duo (or trio in this case). Within minutes they were caught in the middle of snowstorm. The resulting flurry of ice and hail would only delay them further and, by that point, Batoro might wake up, or worse: the Hero of FalconReach would track them down.

"Glais, isn't this supposed to be your area of expertise? DO something?"

"I couldn't even get this chunk of ice off my head, what makes you think I can stop a snowstorm?!?"

"Oh joy, well we wouldn't want to have to shock Batoro a second time. No idea how his body would take that. It's not like I bother to test my equipment."

"..."

"Don't look at me like that, the unpredictability makes it fun! Anyhow, I see a cave over there, we'll just duck out of the storm and head back when it subsides."

They quickly ran into the conveniently located cave. Or well, eventually would be more accurate. Mr. Glais had gotten quite tired carrying Batoro all this way and The Dread lacked the strength (literally) to carry him. Once inside, The Dread attempted to use his trusty Dread Inc. Buzzer (TM) to light some rocks on fire. Which...worked. Not testing your equipment can have its benefits it would seem.

"Say, how'd you manage to light rocks on fire anyways?"

"Never question the technology of a crazy man."

"Fair enough. So, despite the fact that we generally always go for the opposite of the intelligent, genre-savvy choice, I feel the need to inquire as to a plan to prevent the Hero catching us." Mr. Glais moved a bit closer to the fire and attempted to stick his head in it, to no avail.

"Luckily I planned just for such a case! This blizzard will have covered our tracks completely."

"...And then?"

"And then what?"

"You can't honestly expect me to believe you managed to plan for the blizzard."

"It's a work in progress. Besides, that's all we need. It's not like Batoro has some way for the Hero to locate him."

"Unless he really IS involved with WaenCorp."

"..."

"..."

The Dread scratched his head for a bit before turning to his Duck Wand (Also a "Dread Inc." original). He stared at it intently for several minutes, which disturbed Mr. Glais quite a bit.

"So what do you think Ducky? Can Batoro be a part of WaenCorp?" Mr Dread paused then held up up the wand "NO! Because that would just be stupid!"

"Flawless reasoning."

They were interrupted by none other than the Hero at the entrance of the cave.

"I'll be taking that back now." The Hero said in his most heroic voice. The sunlight reflected in such a pattern as to magnify through each snowflake casting him in a glorious golden light. Even his incredibly ambiguous face and lack of notable facial features looked several times "Heroly" in this state.

"Ducky you lied to me?!?" The Dread cried out, however he managed with his lack of vocal cords.

"Get up Dread! we have a fight on our hands!"

And fight they did. The Dread decided to make use of "Ducky" this time, rather than his Buzzer. Presumably to mix things up, or since he's just crazy. The Hero dodged the first few swipes of the wand before he felt a hard kick in his back. Fighting two people at once time would certainly not be easy, but he'd dealt with worse in his travels.

The Dread's menacing aquatic avian drew ever closer to landing a successful hit and when it did, who knows what would happen. Mr. Glais had been temporarily incapacitated by tossing him onto Dread's RockFire in the center of the cave. Yearning for revenge, Glais swung his staff at the Hero's head...only for him to dodge and have it meet The Dread's "face" instead. As The Dread's skull flew in the opposite direction from his body, his wand soared towards Glais. Upon collision, the result was none other than a small explosion, sending Glais outside into the ice.

Now's my chance... thought the Hero, as he quickly grabbed Batoro and dashed off into the cold. The villains had been inches away from victory, only to have it snatched away by the Hero, and by extent Batoro. This would only prove to strengthen their resolve in the future however, as they were far from done with their schemes against Frostval.

The Dread's body clumsily walked over and reattached its head before heading outside to retrieve Mr. Glais.

"Hey, Glais, are you...alive?"

A muffled yell was the only response.

"Oh joy, your mouth's frozen again."

END

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 10/29/2012 10:17:00 >
DF MQ  Post #: 4
12/22/2012 16:45:45   
Dragonman

Chapter 4

Killer Dragonman had no idea what was happening. He was floating, somewhere. He couldn’t make out anything save the white light surrounding him. It was pleasant, but also unnerving. He heard something.

“You don’t deserve your name”. Suddenly, the light felt hostile while not seeming any different. “You are no more then a common dravir, a traitor to your kind, a coward.” All of these words stung like fire. “You deserted everything you believed in!” At these insults, however clichéd they were, he realized the voice was coming from behind him.

He saw the face insulting him. It was his face.

Killer Dragonman woke up. He remembered the last night; he had ruined Frostval, brilliant. He groggily but happily, and with no memory of his nightmare, proceeded to cheer for the fact that Waen and Batoro would not be able to enjoy their Frostval celebrations. Waen would be sorry, and now that Batoro was kidnapped, Dragonman could have his just vengeance.

He waited with Stephan Nix and Megakyle in their secret lair. They waited, and waited.

Mr. Glaisaurus walked in, his face was frozen again. The murderous half-dragon was worried.
“Where is Batoro? What happened out there?” Dragonman already knew.
The Dread walked in, “It looks like my prank had a slight flaw, the greatest killjoy ever to live, the Hero”
“Thissssss issssss unaccssssseptable! Your plansssss have failed ussssss Dread. Missssster Glaisssasursss will take dayssss to thaw and Batoro knowsssss we are up to ssssssomething!” It was all Dragonman could do not to attack these incompetents, when he was mayor, he’d kill them. He’d kill everyone, yes because then there would be no opposition. No, he’d kill anyone who wronged anyone. Then, there would be peace. Only he thought all that with about five times more hissing.

“Now, now Dragonman” said Megakyle, who was probably the smartest of the five, “you’re going to have to calm down, plus, while the moglins may have seen you and Nix, nobody knows that I am in on this little scheme” Nix worked out Megakyle’s plan first.
“Are you suggesting” Nix said, “we use you as a spy?
“What a…” started Dread “STUPID idea!” the Dread suddenly screamed. “We stick with the plan, we send our armies out now, and they’ll make it to Frostvale by tomorrow at sunrise!”
Dragonman’s mind was working full time; he probably had six relevant thoughts a minute, the other sixty or so went along the lines of, kill KILL! . Somehow, despite this obvious problem, he came up with a solution.
“Why doesssssn’t Megakyle pretend to be ssssomeone sssssympathetic towardssss Frossstval? He issss an exsssspert sssspy. The resssst of ussss can sssssend in our armiessss, and he can figure out who Batoro isssss, sssso we can, take him out” hissed Dragonman, with a great feelingssss of pride. When did he start hissing anyway? What had happened to him?
That makes sense Mr. Glaisaurus seemed to say.

Somehow, the quarrelling villains decided that this was a good idea, so Megakyle went out procuring a costume, so that he would appear to be someone who loved Frostval as much as the moglins. Megakyle came in his costume ready,
“Megakyle, this truly is the best possible disguise you could use!” said Nix, cackling at the genius. He called for a penguin minion. “You are to make sure that they see you killing this minion, to gain their trust, be very careful” said Nix.

“I already know that, penguin. I’m the master spy here.” Megakyle laughed at his insult.

Mr. Glaisaurus seemed to laugh, at the coming feud between the two villains.

The Dread laughed knowing that Megakyle’s disguise would fail.

They all thought Killer Dragonman to be laughing for the same reason as themselves.

All Killer Dragonman could laugh about was at how genius his plan to take down Waen was, and prevent himself from killing the lot. He had never trusted them. They would be first to die, after Waen and Batoro.

“Mayor Waen! There is something on the horizon” called Blizzy the moglin, “It looks to be an army.”
“Galloping Gorrilaphants!” said Waen, “that’s not one army, but four; we must call the hero, because they’ll be here soon!”

What was happening to him? Why was he becoming such a monster? Why would the voices not stop? He was trying to help Falconreach, not hurt it.

“Coward! Turning to violence! You are not worthy! You are not worthy! Coward! Filth! Common dravir!”
“Why do you torment me? I wisssssssh no violencssssse on anyone good, that includessss the Hero. Why am I talking with you, you are a nightmare?”
“You won’t wake up from this nightmare! I will be here until you die!”

A lone penguin looked at Killer Dragonman, having half of a conversation with himself. It wisely waddled along.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/6/2014 22:26:28   
Mordred

Part V: Plans in Motion

Batoro woke with a start, noticing that he was in a very plush bed. Above him he could see woven branches forming a roof above him.

“W-where am I?” the masked vigilante said aloud.

“Oh, you’re awake!” a small, squeaky voice said next to him. A moglin’s beaming face filled Batoro’s vision as the air was knocked out of his chest by its weight as it leapt on top of him.

“Ah, you’re a… little heavy.”

“You’re not so light yourself,” the moglin said with a playful grin. “The hero needed some help dragging you back to the village, Mr. Batoro.”

“Can I sit up now?”

The moglin blinked twice before realizing the vigilante couldn’t sit up with him on his chest. “Sorry, Mr. Batoro.” The furry creature leapt down to the ground, his tail flicking the human’s nose on the way.

Grunting, Batoro pulled himself into an upright sitting position, and noticed he was in the healing lodge of the village. “What happened? I-I was out on patrol, and then… then… Dread! The Dread and Mr. Glaisaurus were there!”

“You were hurt something awful bad, Mister Batoro. It’s taken us three days to heal you up. Didn’t help that the hero didn’t want us to take off your mask.”

“The hero; I need to thank them!” The vigilante pushed his legs out to the side of his cot and leapt to his feet. However, he stumbled even as he rose, and unable to support himself, fell face-first.

“You’re not ready to be up on your feet,” a deep voice said from the door of the lodge. It was a deep baritone, with an odd undertone beneath it, like a slight resonating vibration. “You were frozen solid for a few hours; surely you didn’t think you would be alright so soon? A certain individual notwithstanding.”

Batoro pushed himself up with his arms and began the task of pulling himself back up to the cot with only his upper body strength. By the time he was able to lean onto the cot and look at the speaker, sweat was pouring over his brow under his mask and his breath was ragged and strained.

He gazed upon a lithe, humanoid creature standing in the doorway. Its skin was a light shade of grey, mostly human in appearance save the reversed knees, cloven hooves for feet, and a pair of foot-long horns rising from its brow almost straight up. Its lower body was clad in black leather armor decorated with several straps upon the legs, and two black straps crossed over its muscled chest in a large X. A midnight blue opera cape with a high upturned collar round its head was hung up by a gold chain clasped round its neck.

“Who are you?” Batoro said.

“I am commonly known as the Atealan Gamestalker,” the creature said, its voice distinctly masculine now to Batoro’s ears.

“What kind of game?”

“The most dangerous game of all. MAN.”

“I don’t ssssssee why you get to ssssssskulk around in thissssss dump when we have to freezzzzzze out there,” Dragonman said. He had his arms crossed as he glowered at the Dread with his gleaming red eyes. “We overssssssee the troopsssssss while you tinker with toyssssssss.”

“Waen is of no concern to me, you oversized salamander,” the Dread said as he removed a stuffed moglin plushie from a box wrapped neatly in blue wrapping paper. “Since you four care so much about him, I’m leaving the armies to you. I’m far more concerned about spreading Frostval cheer this year!”

“And how do we know you don’t try to sssssskip outta town?”

“And leave such a beautiful ghost town to the likes of you? No, I’ll be right here, ‘til the end. Like I said when we formed our little friendship club; ‘Til death do we part.’ Aaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!” With a scalpel, the undead carefully made an incision in the plushie straight down along the seam in its stomach, exposing the pure white fluff within.

Killer Dragonman stormed off, hissing between his monstrous teeth as he sought the catacomb’s doorway. Easy for you to say. You’re already dead.

The Dread was not satisfied the dravir had left him until the great stone door slammed shut after him. He was working deep in the gloom of the ancient halls of the fae, working deftly to sew the plushie back up with gloved fingers. Marvelling his stitching with empty eyes, he let out a contented sigh and delicately, even tenderly placed the plushie back into the box whence it had come and set to tying the brihgt green bow that sealed the present.

“Another fine example of the holiday spirit, if i do say so myself, you handsome devil!” The comedian placed the present in the growing pile of inspected gifts to his right. He was about a quarter of the way through the gifts now, working endlessly since returning without Batoro.

He had set up shop deep within the decaying lair of forgotten kings, away from the entrance hall their group had first congregated in. While the others could scarcely delve any deeper within the darkness than that, the Dread exulted in the miasma that permeated the dank, stagnant air. He felt welcome in its embrace, within the trappings of its bloody history. In line with this, he had seen fit to change his outfit; he now wore a purple tails-tuxedo with light green pinstripes that matched his hair, a waistcoat the same shade of green, and a bright orange necktie against a stark white shirt. Due to the cold, he had also seen fit to add a double-breasted wool longcoat with a fur collar to his wardrobe, colored a deeper, richer shade of purple than his bright tuxedo.

From a small box labeled “Dante, the Baron” the Dread withdrew a golden four-legged mechanical spider with lightning flashing in its multi-faceted eyes. “Marvelous,” he said as he placed it on its back under a magnifying glass. Grabbing the miniature tools the moglins used to put together such toys, the Dread set to work upon the thing, humming the tune to “The Greedy Frost Wyrm” as he dissected the toy.

Batoro’s fourth day in the healing lodge had been a short one. The moglins worked their wonders on him tirelessly throughout the night, and by morning, use of his legs had been fully restored. With a hearty breakfast of cinnimon toast, chickencow eggs, and spiced moglinberry cider, he was sent out to resume defending Frostvale.

Batoro was far from the only one protecting the town this year. Since the Rose had gained such clout in Swordhaven, knights‒particulary of the Pactogonal Table‒had defected en masse from Alteon’s service, becoming knights errant and even outlaws to defend the oppressed as they felt their vows demanded. They had come from all over Battleonia to defend the town from any who would dare attack the moglins of Frostvale. Most expected the Rose to close in on the magical nature of the holiday and put it to an end, but they had yet to venture so far north. Aisha’s kingdom of ice dragons were still unified and coordinated, fending off every Rose expedition on their lands.

Then there was the hero, returned from years of inactivity. They were such a blur of heroism‒always on the move, always blasting through monsters and villains‒that one could scarcely take note of their appearance, let alone know their name. Sometimes they seemed to have a trailing cloak rippling in their wake as they hefted scythes in a single hand. Other times, they were clad in simple leathers and armed only with daggers. They were always changing tactics and appearance, so often it’s no wonder that it seemed there was a whole legion of the hero rather than the one person.

Batoro made his way between the huts towards the main gate of the wall errected around the town. His steps crunched in the snow underfoot, and his breath came out as a fog. There were no moglins bustling about with presents in hand. No children playing in the snow. No carols being sung. The Frostval lights were hung up and flashing, but it didn’t feel like Frostval. Frostval was never so dead.

Batoro rounded the corner around a hut and saw the Gamestalker talking with a knight. As the vigilante approached, the knight ran off along the barricade, seemingly at the Gamestalker’s orders.

“Ah, you’re finally up and about,” the Atealan said.

“What’s happened?”

“Some of your ‘old friends’ seemed to have thrown together. Someone’s stolen all of the presents the moglins have made, and the tools as well. Without them, they can’t even make new toys.”

“What makes you think some of my guys are behind it? I remember Mr. Glaisaurus and the Dread, but those two aren’t much even together.”

“We’ve gotten reports of an army marching from the mountains in this direction. There are hired mercenaries, ice goblins and slimes, laughing undead, draydenfish zombies, and dravir and togs.”

“That means MegaKyle, Mr. Glaisaurus, Dread, Stephen Nix, and Killer Dragonman!”

“Those were my thoughts. It seems that the mercenaries are the main backbone of the army; plentiful, cheap, and expendable. The other groups aren’t nearly as large, so they’ve joined forces to increase their numbers.”

Batoro paced in the snow. “But why? Why would they team up and attack Frostvale? Why would they steal the gifts and tools?”

“Some people hate Frostval.”

“It doesn’t make sense, I’m telling you. I know them. They’d never let another guy take the spotlight. They wouldn’t answer to each other.”

“You’re a great detective. You’ll figure it out, I’m sure. But right now we need to fight them off. And you need to wash up.”

“Excuse me?”

“You’ve been in the suit for four days and nights, Batoro. You’re quite pungent.” The Atealan’s nose wrinkled. “I’ve been trying to ignore it.”

Waen’s face flushed. “Er, my bad. Couldn’t really help it.”

“While you’re at it,” the Gamestalker said, thrusting a parchment into Batoro’s hand, “you should consider some changes to your costume. Nobody can take you seriously in that. Not even the thugs you’ve locked up.”

Batoro bit back his initial indignation. His back straight as a rod now, he looked down at the parchment. On it was a sketch of him in an entirely new outfit. Instead of a cowl with a single batwing, it featured him wearing a headband over his eyes, and a broad-brimmed hat. He had also grown a pointed goatee and a pencil-thin moustache. The Atealan had seen fit to add a cape to his look, clasped tightly at the front and with curling spikes of fabric on the shoulders. The suit of the outfit was thicker and padded, seemingly made of boiled leather. The gauntlets featured razor-sharp bat wings on the wrists, and in his hand he raised his axe triumphantly.

The vigilante took a moment, cleared his throat. “So, ah, you drew this?”

“Yes.”

“It’s… it’s quite good. Very well drawn, with all the proper shading and textures.”

“Will you wear it?”

“In a word…. No. No, I won’t wear it.”

The Gamestalker bristled at this, clenching his fingers and his eyes glowering at Batoro. “What’s wrong with it?”

“The hat is awkward and would easily come off, exposing half of my head. I can’t just hide my identity by hiding the bit of my face around my eyes.”

“Some get away with wearing and removing spectacles.”

“And the cape! It’ll be cumbersome and give my foes something to grab onto.”

“But what about the drama? The theatrics!?”

“I’m sorry, I just can’t change my outfit.” Batoro began walking away, towards Waen’s hut.

“Very well. It’s your choice, after all… Mr. Waen.”

< Message edited by Mordred -- 2/9/2014 20:18:40 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> (DF) A Odd Allience
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition