Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

in-game mailbox, NECROBUMPED, LOCK PLZ

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> in-game mailbox, NECROBUMPED, LOCK PLZ
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/25/2012 11:57:26   
Renegade Reaper

you know all those players who are not in your faction, but are on your buddy list? a lot of times you just arent on at the same time. or how about the players you only know in-game on your buddy list who accidentally get deleted from it? the in-game mailbox would work similar to the forum inbox. you can get mails from any player in the game, but you would have options for it, such as only getting/ seeing mails from your friends. you could also choose to disable your mailbox completely, until such time as you choose to reactivate it. perhaps you could also get buddy requests in your inbox limited, obviously, by the space in your buddy list.

obviously it would NOT work as a limitless buddy list. you wouldnt be able to open a chat window with them, as you can on your buddy list. maybe you could only get a single mail from a player per day or week. they wouldnt be able to spam you, because of IP addresses and different accounts. however, the messages could be long, so that you could say everything in just
one mail. perhaps only players with homes could use this feature.

i suggest this simply because a lot of players might not even have forum accounts. even if they do have a forum account, they might be more active in-game than on the forums.

< Message edited by Renegade Reaper -- 11/8/2012 15:35:40 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
9/25/2012 13:39:22   
Shadow Slayer 2

Supported

A lot of times you can't speak to people on your buddy list because they are not online. This is because everyone lives in different parts of the world and has different time zones so they cannot talk to their epicduel friends. With your suggestion, people can talk to their buddies (even if they are offline) simply by just messaging them. A Good Suggestion
Post #: 2
9/25/2012 13:40:58   
King Helios

My friend plays a game, Moshi Monsters, that has a feature like the one you're suggesting.

I've seen him play, and it looks like the forum inbox, so...

Supported.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
9/25/2012 19:28:26   
Crimson Eagle

Supported

^ like @Shadow Slayer2 said pretty much all my friends on my list are in
America or somewhere near there so it would be a good idea :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
9/25/2012 19:44:26   
XapApp

There should be some kind of restriction though, we don't want people trying to scam people with this feature.
We should also be able to block people from sending us messages.
Overall I'll support this until if someone finds an issue with this.

Eh, I see everyone's starting to make their Supported and Not Supported lines bold. I think Shadow Slayer 2 started it though.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
9/25/2012 20:54:34   
Renegade Reaper

when you go to your mailbox, you would see a message similar to the one this forum gives you when you click a link that goes off site.
maybe it would say 'never give out your password, staff members will never ask you for it. if someone asks you to give it, they are
trying to scam you.' and 'if you give out your password, all of your weapons could be sold, leaving you with a basic weapon' etc.
with any new feature, every player is responsible for the safety of his/ her own account. if they decide to give their info out, thats
not smart, but its their choice. we cant do very much about it. the staff and all of us can try to inform them of the risks but thats
about all that we can do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
9/25/2012 23:38:53   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Yup
This is a good idea
Supported

They also need this in AQW -.-"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
9/26/2012 20:04:34   
DanniiBoiixD

^Agreed
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
9/27/2012 12:28:07   
Shadow Slayer 2

What about this:

A random player from Epicduel can only send you 3 messages daily??? (So you dont get 1,000,000 messages a day)
One of your friends on your friends list can send you unlimited messages???
You can block users and delete messages from a particular person (e.g. a person on your friends list sends you 150 junk messages. You can click on delete all messages from (name of person).This will then delete all 150 messages from that person).
Post #: 9
9/27/2012 13:05:09   
kingpowerlord

No, an mail inbox for EVERY ed player? This idea is definately not good, do you know how much lag it would cause basically your saying. A faction hq board BUT for every player that's like 25x more lag. It it were to be introduced it should be available to home owners only, I may not own a house however I do see that people who own a home should get there moneys worth for when they bought a house.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
9/27/2012 15:20:22   
Renegade Reaper

you didnt read my first post thoroughly enough dude.
quote:

perhaps only players with homes could use this feature.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/1/2012 22:33:27   
deltaknight7

supported but only for buddy list

< Message edited by deltaknight7 -- 10/3/2012 19:56:30 >
Epic  Post #: 12
11/5/2012 0:36:57   
XapApp

I don't think it should be restricted to players in your buddy list only. We sometimes want to leave a message for other people, may even to ask them to add them.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
11/5/2012 4:28:14   
DSlayHardz

This would be better, like mine. My other friends are from different timezones and i have something to tell them but they aren't on.

Supported
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
11/5/2012 19:52:37   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Not only do I support, But I feel that it is worth the devs time adding this feature. I don't think it should be overlooked.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
11/5/2012 19:58:52   
King Helios

Please, someone remake this before it gets locked for a necro.

Still support.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/5/2012 20:02:19   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20837109^^
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
11/8/2012 19:16:58   
Wind

Locking. Please do not bump posts which have not been posted in for more than 2 weeks.

A new thread on this topic has been made here ---> http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20837109

Feel free to continue you discussions there.

~Wind
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> in-game mailbox, NECROBUMPED, LOCK PLZ
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition