Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes September 25, 2012 - Corporate Restructuring

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes September 25, 2012 - Corporate Restructuring
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2012 7:09:03   
Mother1

Midnight assassin and hear I thought they were going to stop making promo's and make everything buyable by varium or credits lol like that infernal android and the charfade weapons. But yeah this promo and new items sounds even more powerful the last promo.
Epic  Post #: 76
9/27/2012 7:13:03   
Calogero

Djee look at that, another release that contains mostly a Promo and weapons......

How about releasing something usefull for a change and that doesn't get outdated like
for instance, starting with developing Tournaments or whatnot

you know, something that doesn't involve even more Varium and weapons...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
9/27/2012 7:25:26   
Scyze

I just hope the items are Credit and Varium types. I have like 17 Varium left.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
9/27/2012 7:34:11   
Sh4d0wMast3r

Is this update going to happen soon? It must be pretty late over there now. Did they posted any info on twitter or somewhere?
AQW Epic  Post #: 79
9/27/2012 7:34:52   
King FrostLich

quote:

but now since gamma is getting replace u guys are mad hahahaha

Main problem is since it's a robot and it has a credits version of it, everyone can own the bot meaning everyone gets the chance of hitting hard as the battle lasts long. Oh and Gamma is almost equal against Infernal Android. Only difference is Gamma Bot has fixed damage while Infernal Android requires alot of turns and 5 focus to be at its peak.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 9/27/2012 7:41:54 >
Epic  Post #: 80
9/27/2012 7:41:05   
DestruRaGe

^Yea time to realease something that will improve gameplay permanently. New skills for evolved classes.

I hope the shotguns gonna be in varium and non-varium versions. (You can always give non-var version 2 stats less and less enchatment slots)
Otherwise only variums gonna enjoy 2 new epic skills and smash non-vars with them. Happy release.
Epic  Post #: 81
9/27/2012 7:48:05   
King FrostLich

When it's Dage's it's often in varium version lol. Just take a look at the frostbolt blaster and skullfire blaster.
Epic  Post #: 82
9/27/2012 7:51:21   
gangster a

^ but now they introduced both versions i dont know why they would change it? take a look at the harbringer armor and the infernal bot
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
9/27/2012 7:56:05   
Striker44

Make guns weaker when hit 2 targets ,otherwise multiple targets attacks skills won't be used anymore
Post #: 84
9/27/2012 8:00:37   
King FrostLich

quote:

^ but now they introduced both versions i dont know why they would change it? take a look at the harbringer armor and the infernal bot

quote:

This item will be available as a 5-Key Varium package as soon as we release on Wednesday September 26th. A level 25 version will also be available as a 3-Key package. Both will be available in-game.

If they release a credit version coming from a varium promo package, won't that promo be ripped off? Harbinger armors were not part of the varium shop promos nor were infernal androids because harbinger armor is a storyline event item while Infernal Android is considered a "spoils of war". It may be a "promo" for other people but it's not part of the varium shop which is different in my perspective. Oh and releasing BOTH doesn't mean released as a credits version and a varium version. Take a look at the infernal interdictor. They released a level 25 version and a level 35 version but both were varium.

P.S: When it meant "both", it meant the armors not the guns because the guns weren't shown in the notes.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 9/27/2012 8:08:18 >
Epic  Post #: 85
9/27/2012 8:10:54   
DestruRaGe

@Striker44 They will but about other multi skills, high lvls players already rarely use them.
Epic  Post #: 86
9/27/2012 8:11:36   
gangster a

^ i didnt think about that lol i see now well next time im going to read carefully then actually skim lol
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
9/27/2012 8:24:32   
zippinbolts

God. Just when I thought balance was approaching it is fading away so rapidly.
AQ AQW  Post #: 88
9/27/2012 8:42:49   
Mother1

King Frostlich I might be wrong, but what is wrong with everyone having a chance to own a bot that isn't the rusted assault bot? From what I am getting it sounds like you are being very selfish because it seems like you want this bot to be a varium player only item just like every promo item and the other varium items. If they limited to bot to only varium players everything you said about the bot not closing the gap but widening it would be true.
Epic  Post #: 89
9/27/2012 8:56:41   
Wootz

Dage's gear looks like a piece of human waste. ._.
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
9/27/2012 9:00:59   
King FrostLich

No I'm not being selfish. The reason why is because Infernal Android is a power type robot compared to the rusted assault bot which is a defensive type. I'm also not saying that infernal android should be given to variums only, I'm saying it should be removed COMPLETELY since it's a war prize item not an infinite supply of them as Baelius mentioned them as "made of the citizens of Delta V" which means they are remains of human beings. The Infernal War was a month and a few weeks ago finished with non variums and variums alike already have more than enough time to grab it.

< Message edited by King FrostLich -- 9/27/2012 9:26:57 >
Epic  Post #: 91
9/27/2012 9:14:09   
Calogero

call me selfish but there has to be a gap between non vars and vars otherwise, why buy varium?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
9/27/2012 9:45:24   
Mother1

As trans said either get you advantage quick but you pay, or free but you have to earn wins.

But on another note even if there has to be a gap, it should only be a slight gap such as the few points between varium and non varium items and enhancements. That alone is a gap since varium items have a few more enhancement slots and a few more stat points then non varium items.

However, the gap for enhancements, (meaning credit enhancements costing an arm and a leg while varium one are extremely cheap) Promo items which are for varium players exclusively and all the other things you can only get for varium is way too much of a gap. Non variums are literally the punching bags of fully powered varium players unless they get lucky, and from what I have been reading some people want that very luck factor removed since it is causing them to lose duels that they believe should have been theirs. I know what it feels like to lose to someone because of luck, but at the same time it is a two way street.

But back on the subject I think there should be a in game credit version of the promo for the non varium players, and for those who are saying then if they did that I would never buy varium again you are full of it since Varium would still have many other uses such as to quickly and cheaply enhance the item while non variums would need credits to do so.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 9/27/2012 9:53:30 >
Epic  Post #: 93
9/27/2012 9:56:18   
Darkwing

in the non-varium gap there u get weapon/armor specials. weapon specials are like skills, more weak , but u notice it.
Post #: 94
9/27/2012 9:57:47   
DestruRaGe

^Wow Mother1 I didnt expect such words from a player like you. (Full var with OPed spam tech caster TM)
I absolutely agree with what you said.
Epic  Post #: 95
9/27/2012 10:22:39   
Mother1

Destrurage I don't use the TM caster build. I never played as a caster mage while using varium only when I was a non varium when that was the only build I could use. But just because I use varium doesn't mean that I don't know what it was like to be a non varium. I know what it is like to be the punching bag of Fully powered varium players.

I have also made a thread for cheaper enhancements as well as getting back some of the credits you invest into your credit powered items which would no only help non varium player compete better, but also be able to get enhancements quicker since they will get some of their credit enhancement back.

Plus there are varium players who actually want a more of a challenge from non variums not just easy wins.
Epic  Post #: 96
9/27/2012 10:39:29   
Bunshichi

quote:

But just because I use varium doesn't mean that I don't know what it was like to be a non varium. I know what it is like to be the punching bag of Fully powered varium players.

Your not the only one, I never took it as being a punching bag.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
9/27/2012 10:41:52   
Calogero

quote:

As trans said either get you advantage quick but you pay, or free but you have to earn wins.

Problem with that is, this is based on the way how AQW works...
As we ALL know, AQW is barely a PvP game, it's more of a Popularity outfits game, ED on the otherhand is
Barely a NPCvP game

if anything, this should be sort of like Dragonfable, which isn't PvP eather but their weapon system seems to work well, where DC weapons are about 1-2 maybe 3 levels higher than a non varium counterpart

< Message edited by Calogero -- 9/27/2012 10:44:48 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
9/27/2012 10:43:27   
Mother1

Bunshichi back then I was at the mercy of every fully powered varium player Especially Cyber hunters due to their enhancements and their passive energy armor which made my energy attacks almost worthless. Plus this was when static gave 44% raw energy back so I literally if I run I lose, if I fight I lose but get a little bit of credits and EXP.
Epic  Post #: 99
9/27/2012 11:39:18   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

call me selfish but there has to be a gap between non vars and vars otherwise, why buy varium?

And why does it interest you if people buy it or not? Each game has its own budget and business plan obviously so fact you spend less Varium is good.. Some people say it's overpriced too (not you) so it's like contradicting.

And sure, F2P will surely catch up to Varium players with equipment at top Level costing about 120K with the Bot (35K for weapon, 28K for Armor, probably around 30K for Aux and Gun). And enhancements will shove in 100K per item so that's 500K Credits. That's about 10000 1v1 wins if we assume ~50 Credits per fight (some with level disadvantage so more Credits and vice versa) and half that for 2v2 BUT Power Hour would make it smaller. Sure, if you say enhancing equipment that'll last you possibly for 2-4 more Levels above current Cap is worth as many fights + Credits aren't returned from enhancing then fine. Varium will still have advantage since you can enhance straight away and have advantage and because you'll beat crap out of them due to Varium advantage, it'll take them even longer to get these Credits thus advantage staying but gap very slowly closing.

Also DF is very poor example when it comes to balance of the items.. L70 Accessories can beat L80 ones whilst both being non-DA or DA which was the case before and I believe still is. Would have to ask someone who has a Guide full of these items. AQ is better when it comes to balance but you're looking at heavy Token (same as Varium) drops and very pricey items.
AQ Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes September 25, 2012 - Corporate Restructuring
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition