Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 2 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/30/2012 23:19:37   
lordkaho
Creative!

Guys, please worry about the location and settings later.

We still need to analyze our characters and how they will fit into the story. We shall build the world based on our characters, not build one so that our characters have a place to live in. Unless this is sci-fi, where the setting matters more than the main characters, we need to develop the characters first.

Thank you.

~LK
DF MQ  Post #: 26
9/30/2012 23:22:27   
Mortarion

I'd like to have a mix of sic-if and fantasy by the way
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/30/2012 23:33:14   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

I'll take note of that.

So far the genre of this story seems to lean on:

Steampunk- The existence of clock work Automatons instead of robots operating on a more advanced power source. Though Stein uses electrical energy, It is at best crude and unrefined, a staple in many steampunk stories where steam power is considered the universal energy source.
Low Fantasy- Mages are evil, magic is a hostile source of power, the overall grimdark atmosphere...Are quite trademarks of Low Fantasy.
Action: Well..Why else would we over think on abilities and powers?

Now we just need to think of a fitting title to this project. And if possible, a prologue of sorts. We need to start the story going after all.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/30/2012 23:39:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 28
9/30/2012 23:59:26   
Mortarion

Sent you my bio Kaho
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
10/1/2012 15:34:19   
VanHellsin24
Banned

If anyone noticed, Dr. Stein is based off Dr. Stein from Soul Eater and Thomas from the book Whitechapel Gods but more vicious

EDIT: Looking at Galatea I wonder what would occur if the sound waves came into contact with Victor's volatile energy waves he emits...

Just some science I'm factoring in. Also, I want to compare this one particular attack to Stein's situation.

quote:

Mortem Concierto: A loud, triumphant song that ultimately saps a person's will to live. Its bombastic tune is very powerful that momentarily uplifts the spirit, a false glimmer of hope, when the final message is that it, in fact, is actually heralding the doom of oneself.

Stein is already a being that loathes life, as it was robbed from his wife mercilessly. Is there a way for him to be affected regardless? Then again, I'm wondering the thing about the sound waves clashing with energy waves.

EDIT II: Also, we should develop a title. Maybe one character's reaction to interacting with another, but that's a bit too specific for now. Once we have a setting we could develop a base plot in which then we develop our character's involvement/purpose of being in said environment.

< Message edited by VanHellsin24 -- 10/1/2012 18:29:10 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 30
10/1/2012 19:50:26   
Glais

Ok I think I have an idea for my character now. It's a tiny stretch of the preferred Technology range, but it should fit well.

Will have a bio ready by tonight, as I haven't planned out this character's backstory at all yet.
DF MQ  Post #: 31
10/1/2012 21:07:19   
Mortarion

So how goes that bio?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/1/2012 21:11:09   
lordkaho
Creative!

Mortarion's Bio is up. I'm quite confused by Sarpedon, you call him Chaotic Evil, but the way you described him he is more likely to be Lawful Evil. Most Chaotic Evil characters are instinctual, and are more destructive variants of Chaotic Neutral characters, though the latter is believed to be more dangerous for their complete unpredictability.

--------------------------------

quote:

If anyone noticed, Dr. Stein is based off Dr. Stein from Soul Eater

Knew that from the get go. Hehe.

quote:

Looking at Galatea I wonder what would occur if the sound waves came into contact with Victor's volatile energy waves he emits...

Just some science I'm factoring in

Stein needs to tune his electric frequency or else the sounds emitted would mess him up into a very unstable shock battery...Not that it matters anyway. Because you see, Galatea's body may be a concept of early science, but her voice is a product of magic meaning it would disregard the laws of physics. Her voice cannot be stopped by any form of barricade or sound proof wall, as it directly speaks into the soul of a person.

quote:

Stein is already a being that loathes life, as it was robbed from his wife mercilessly. Is there a way for him to be affected regardless?

Actually, Stein is more susceptible to her voice, simply because of his hatred. In a dark and grim world where life is cheap and undervalued, and where people dying is an everyday occurrence, it is easy to simply submit to the grip of death. A genuine form of immunity to her would be someone with a powerful optimistic outlook who cherishes life even in the midst of darkness, hate and destruction. This concept of happiness does not exist in Galatea's understanding of the world, and thus, her songs would have no effect on someone who never hated or despised life in the first place.

In fact, I have already planned my character's role in this story. Considering she is Chaotic Evil, a being who is mostly confused and almost nigh communicable, I really don't expect her to appear much. But if it does so happen that she may clash with the rest of your characters, I guarantee that she will serve as huge obstacle...or more precisely, a test of your character's growth.

To defeat her is to mean that you character has trumped and moved on whatever failures and regrets that he or she may have had in the past and while to battle her voice is a difficult feat, to overcome it would be a definite sign that your character has also overcome whatever dilemma he or she is suffering.

For example, with Victor Stein

spoiler:

Galatea sings Symphony of Loathing, a song that immensely resonates with Victor's own hatred of his failure to save his Emilia, and of himself. But if he were to stand and survive, and even defeat Galatea, it would mean his will to live- possibly a vow he made for Emilia's sake, was greater than his own hatred of life. He has overcome is own selfish goal. It proved that his love for his wife was stronger than that of his desire to have a crusade of vengeance against the Mage Council.

tl;dr- Galatea: "Want character development? Ok, I'll sing a song for you."

Of course, this sort of forced character development should succeed or else they will lose all motivation to continue, die or commit suicide.

-------------

@Glais

Looking forward to it, bro.

DF MQ  Post #: 33
10/1/2012 21:15:03   
Mortarion

Hmm, we'll, he was at one point Lawfull Evil, he is, in a sense, using the apparatus of society to destroy the same, he is a complex character
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
10/1/2012 21:25:24   
Glais

On the note of Dystopian and reading LK's Bio, I think I've found the perfect atmospheric inspiration. The game Limbo. This is one screenshot of the Factory levels.

Anyhow, will be posting my Bio now. It is strangely, quite similar to LordKaho's but I didn't steal the idea at all. just a bizarre coincidence.
Similar in theme anyways.
DF MQ  Post #: 35
10/1/2012 21:27:02   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Just PM it to me Glais.

You know...It is possible that all of our characters aren't inherently good. Ever heard of Villain Protagonists? Yeah, we could be like that. Our antagonist could be the good guys.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/1/2012 21:28:52 >
DF MQ  Post #: 36
10/1/2012 21:51:36   
Mortarion

Hmm, I'd like that
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/1/2012 22:08:52   
Glais

The Bio's done but it's too long to PM, where would I post it exactly?
DF MQ  Post #: 38
10/1/2012 22:12:12   
lordkaho
Creative!

Send it to me in parts.
DF MQ  Post #: 39
10/1/2012 22:14:59   
Glais

Alright sent, hope it fits. Sorry if it seems too similar to yours.
EDIT: I forgot to send you the link to his appearance "He looks like a younger version of Tarrlok"

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 10/1/2012 22:25:38 >
DF MQ  Post #: 40
10/1/2012 22:27:48   
lordkaho
Creative!

Your bio is up.

Well...Verge is an interesting contrast to the rest of our characters. He really seems like a person who could be the voice of reason for the rest of us... That is assuming we are all protagonists here.

Nonetheless, can't wait to see all of your characters in action.

P.S.

*Ripple...Seriously, Glais. You're not even hiding it, hehe.

**Stein and Galatea's pictures should be done in a moment. I'll draw Verge and Sarpedon later.

Oh and you guys can start brainstorming for whatever left over details that need to be discussed on.

DF MQ  Post #: 41
10/1/2012 22:31:45   
Glais

Well, it's to be expected. It is ME afterall :P Though actually the Ripple power came as an unused idea from a HeroSmash story I wanted to write. It's more akin to Ripples in Water than the JoJo Ripple, which is based on the Sun however.
DF MQ  Post #: 42
10/1/2012 22:41:47   
Mortarion

Intresting char Glais, so, gentleman, shall we begin our glorious work?

I was thinking mixing our back-stories to create an incredible bizarre world

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 10/1/2012 22:45:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
10/1/2012 22:46:00   
Glais

Alright. Oh forgot to add, the city which RD is mainly in does not really know about Magic. As a result, Verge is largely ignorant to Magic, having no idea it even exists.
DF MQ  Post #: 44
10/1/2012 22:47:03   
Mortarion

Excellent
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
10/1/2012 22:51:48   
lordkaho
Creative!

Okay before we start. Let us first create a map. This will help us envision the world from an omnipresent perspective.

Questions:

How many continents are there?

There will be countries/nations/empires/ or kingdoms...But importantly, to which part does your character belong? Which island or continent does that faction located? We will talk about other nations as we go. But first and foremost we must lay a concrete background to our character's lives and placement in society.

In what city, region town or village is your character located with that certain country?

-----------------------------------

Oh and the new pictures are up. Please tell me what you think of it. I kinda got bored using pencil so I returned back to my ink, and began practicing on colors again.
DF MQ  Post #: 46
10/1/2012 22:55:08   
Glais

Yay Pictures! Stein looks a lot less savage, I imagined him like Hulk/DoomsDay in a lab coat, but he wouldn't be a Dr. Stein Reference then.

As for continent, maybe half the world is more into Magic than the other? Rainy Days and its surroundings (which would also be advanced) would be as far away from the more Magic prevalent zones as possible.
DF MQ  Post #: 47
10/1/2012 22:59:13   
Mortarion

Wow, awesome pictures, and well, my character wasn't born on a continent per see, he was born in the vast undercity of the cities, wich form their own state that was run, previously, by "The Cult"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
10/1/2012 23:17:15   
lordkaho
Creative!

Mortarion..That undercity still takes place in a continent mind you.

Anyway, what I'm actually asking is your character's addresses.

Glais made an interesting point. Perhaps the planet is divided into two hemispheres? Like say, in the Western Hemisphere, magic is almost non-existent (this more to the fact that, as Glais said, people are ignorant of it existing) and science is the means of living while it would be the opposite for the more mystical Eastern Hemisphere. What do you think? In fact, here's a suggestion. I think it would be better to just use Earth as a basis and create our own variants based on that.

I'll start with my own:

The Order of the Spiraling Dawn first originated in the vast mainland nation for La Mu (a country based on China and surrounding regions). When their philosophy (which is also based on a real world religion and philosophy called Gnosticism) spread into the west, Dr. Alphard Sion, a man who lived in the country of Walss (Think Germany with the lush green landscape of Ireland) became fascinated by this.

So basically, my character is living...or to put it bluntly, is wandering in Walss- A stand in for 18th century Germany. Walss is also near the border of the Eastern Hemisphere which means magic does have its presence there.

DF MQ  Post #: 49
10/1/2012 23:24:16   
Glais

Alright, so to make a background for...hm, what do I call it exactly? Whatever, names later. The West or East, whatever we decide on, where Rainy Days was founded...
So let's see, going to assume that RD basically is the cause for this Continent's Technological prowess. A man/the men who built the first city there most likely discovered it was rich in metals. As they had no magic, life on this continent became focused on building things which resulted in the Hub city. Gradually this spread to the rest of the continent as well.

This central zone where Rainy Days is headed (I'd assume RD was founded by an early Scientist to further the interests of the people) is more or less what dictates what happens in this continent due to most important things originating from it.

spoiler:

It's also likely the higher ups who have inherited RD played some part in "messing with" Verge's family...
DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 2 of 14«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition