Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2012 23:24:50   
Mortarion

Hmm, we'll, in that sense, my character has no address, since he is moving constantly, and, that undercity, is in itself a kind of Pangea, since it stretches through all the world, but, for a more precise location, Sarpedon was born in a long forgotten tunnel that was underwater
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
10/1/2012 23:28:51   
Glais

Hm, I'd kind of hoped the Advanced Continent had been across the sea or something from the Magical one, would explain why they don't even know what Magic is. If it was a Pangaea-esque place that wouldn't really make any sense at all. Plus I doubt RD wouldn't noticed a city underneath them given how advanced they are.
DF MQ  Post #: 52
10/1/2012 23:34:29   
Mortarion

It's not cities, The Cult fled underground, and over time, they had tunneled underneath all the continents, thus it's some sort of "Pangaea" in the sense that all of those tunnels are connected together, mind you, I could link TC with all of your bios, that's if you don't want me to scrap The Cult
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
10/1/2012 23:37:02   
lordkaho
Creative!

@Glaisaurus

Or simply put, they kept 'quiet' about it.

Anyway, Mortarion's idea of a Pangaea is plausible. Since this is an undercity, it could might as well be something akin to Atlantis, well except that it was rumored to be under the sea, Mortarion's undercity literally takes place below the crusts of the planet. Like Atlantis, we never discovered it, and simply reasoned that it was possible it never existed at all. Could be the same for the RD.

As for the base of operations of the RD, it could be North America.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/1/2012 23:38:39 >
DF MQ  Post #: 54
10/1/2012 23:53:25   
Glais

Just to be clear, is this taking place on actual Earth or just an Earthlike Planet with similar composition? I'd kind of prefer the latter myself.
DF MQ  Post #: 55
10/2/2012 0:04:22   
lordkaho
Creative!

We are using Earth and its nations as a basis. Creating a whole planet complete with different civilizations from scratch would be too much of a headache for us.
DF MQ  Post #: 56
10/2/2012 0:05:17   
Glais

Oh. Alright then. Suppose North America works.
DF MQ  Post #: 57
10/2/2012 1:30:08   
lordkaho
Creative!

May I have a proposition?

What about a system of routes? The character routes will be posted in the main post.

Each of our characters take certain routes into the story, somehow similar to a game. This will help us track of our character's progress .

An example:

quote:

Legend-

Character Name
-Last known location, Last chapter character appeared in

--------------------------

Victor Stein
-Red Chapel City, "Chapter XI: A Night To Remember"

Galatea
-Olmund Ossuary, "Chapter VII: Diva of Dismay"

Sarpedon
-York, "Chapter XX: Gangland"

Verge

-'RD' Crematorium, "Chapter XIII: Fuel of Life"

While this may sound something like RP, like I said before, this is simply a method for us to get a hold of where our characters are going. Considering all 4 of us are main characters, each with their own goals and stories, it would get really confusing once we have started writing this.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/2/2012 1:31:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 58
10/2/2012 1:55:21   
Glais

Indeed it would, and that sounds like a good to me.
DF MQ  Post #: 59
10/2/2012 2:08:59   
lordkaho
Creative!

Well, At least it seems we have had the basics gotten hold off. The setting is good enough as it will expand itself as we go. What is important that we already agreed that the world is divided into West and Eastern Hemispheres.

Anyone want to volunteer for the prologue? That and we need a title.
DF MQ  Post #: 60
10/2/2012 2:11:37   
Glais

You know, how exactly would a prologue work in something like this?
DF MQ  Post #: 61
10/2/2012 2:15:32   
lordkaho
Creative!

Got a suggestion?

First thing that comes into mind is a brief insight to the world then fast forward to a scene showcasing each of our characters briefly. But I guess that is too overdone.

DF MQ  Post #: 62
10/2/2012 2:22:14   
Glais

It's moreso I'm unsure at this point we've gotten an idea of how each author portrays the characters, thus chapters where our characters interact should be saved for later at which point we'll understand how said characters "feel" so to speak. In my opinion.
DF MQ  Post #: 63
10/2/2012 3:06:41   
lordkaho
Creative!

Hmm...How about using the first 4 chapters, barring the prologue, about our characters? I got the idea from Soul Eater which each main character gets a prologue of their own.

The prologue to the story itself, however, could be entirely different. It could be used to introduce the 'threat' or the antagonist of our story.

DF MQ  Post #: 64
10/2/2012 4:26:14   
Glais

Sounds like the better option to me.
DF MQ  Post #: 65
10/2/2012 5:17:54   
Mortarion

I think that the first thing we need to do, is to make a plot line that connects our characters
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
10/2/2012 5:53:22   
Glais

Actually yeah that would be quite important.

@Rayniedays56: ...No Comment.
DF MQ  Post #: 67
10/2/2012 5:55:20   
Mortarion

I mean, for example, your character Glais, could connect to Kaho's by being part,or have been part once,of the Spiraling Dawn, or TLM could have a Crush on Galatea XD

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 10/2/2012 6:02:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
10/2/2012 6:06:37   
lordkaho
Creative!

Read my post about Galatea on the 2nd page. Her main role in the plot is to test the growth of your characters. Basically she acts as a 3rd party antagonist as well as being also one of the protagonists, though probably as a lesser degree to the other 3 because of her condition and the fact that she can never be part of a team.

In that post I showed a scenario of how Galatea would fit in Stein's 'route'.

-----

Still waiting for Hellsin's say on this.

Anyway, Mortarion do you have any suggestions on how we should start the prologue?

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/2/2012 6:09:28 >
DF MQ  Post #: 69
10/2/2012 6:17:20   
Mortarion

I know Kaho, but it'd still be fun, and a moment of development for TLM.

And introduction, I was thinking each character having a monologue so to speak
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/2/2012 6:57:15   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I know Kaho, but it'd still be fun, and a moment of development for TLM.

Oh you were referring to the Living Machine having a crush on Galatea XD. I thought you meant her role in the plot.

It could be a cute scene, but unfortunately, Galatea only seeks the affection of her (non)existent father. :P

quote:

And introduction, I was thinking each character having a monologue so to speak

Yeah, but I think it would be better to have 1 chapter devoted to each character to give them more in depth. There's just not enough personality that you can cover by simply having our characters speak the most deep and pretentious line they can think of in just one chapter's worth of a Prologue, don't you think?

Hopefully, Van covers all the new stuff we discussed.

DF MQ  Post #: 71
10/2/2012 8:41:11   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Yea give me until 1 pm today to get everything down

EDIT: OMG Victor's art! Awesome

< Message edited by VanHellsin24 -- 10/2/2012 8:47:37 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 72
10/2/2012 15:27:46   
Mortarion

S guys, I was thinking of how our characters COULD interact between each other, but you might not like it, so, here are my ideas:

1. Sarpedon and Victor would clash on how to create a perfect world, since, as far as I know both point to that, their methods are different and opposite to each other.

2. Galatea could look for Verge so that he can make another TLM, but this time in the form of her late father.

Anyways, this are just a few random ideas, tell me what you think of it, ok?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
10/2/2012 15:30:37   
Glais

quote:

It could be a cute scene, but unfortunately, Galatea only seeks the affection of her (non)existent father. :P

Yeah, funny thing is though she is literally the only other creature (somewhat) like him. So it actually makes sense.

I doubt Verge would know of The Spiral group, RD and its surrounding cities and countries are incredibly isolated from anything involving Magic. Verge stumbling on the secret of life was just an odd coincidence born by his new obsession with science. Though it does oddly mirror Sion's life in a sense.
DF MQ  Post #: 74
10/2/2012 15:32:29   
Mortarion

Intresting, by the way Glais, did you read my post above yours?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 3 of 14«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition