Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 4 of 14«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2012 15:40:51   
Glais

Oh I'd missed it. They must have posted at the same time.

I think it sounds good, depends if LK wants her his character to go that way. Although I suppose Verge being immune to the Death Song kind of makes him the only eligible person to interact with her early on in the plot.

< Message edited by glaisaurus_x -- 10/2/2012 19:07:11 >
DF MQ  Post #: 76
10/2/2012 18:50:05   
Mortarion

SoI guess we need to see Kaho's and Van's though on my idea
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 77
10/2/2012 18:53:09   
VanHellsin24
Banned

I rather fight LK's character, since she's supposed to help character development.

Plus, it would be a pretty sick fight.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 78
10/2/2012 18:54:05   
Mortarion

Note, that I never said fight, I was just speculating how they'd interact
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
10/2/2012 18:56:11   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Regardless, LK's character could help build Stein's character development.

Although two beings fighting over who thinks how the world should be isn't a bad idea, it sounds overused
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 80
10/2/2012 18:57:36   
Mortarion

I see our characters having more of a debate while they fight tbh :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 81
10/2/2012 18:58:18   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

her character

his

quote:

Although I suppose Verge being immune to the Death Song kind of makes him the only eligible person to interact with her early on in the plot.

Well, he IS the only one who can talk to Galatea afterall. Though I don't think he'll get much help from her early on.

quote:

I doubt Verge would know of The Spiral group, RD

He doesn't? But didn't he work for them before?

quote:

Galatea could look for Verge so that he can make another TLM, but this time in the form of her late father.

Tragic thing is...Galatea doesn't know Alphard died. All that was left was his memory of her. When she woke up into this world she was just left in an empty, burnt laboratory without any knowledge of what happened to her creator.

-------------------------------------

Anyway, I'm thinking of making the prologue similar to the opening chapter of the Book of the Rift (surely you guys remember that). It introduced the opening of the Rift and hereby releasing the monsters that would serve as the main goal of all the Clans to put a stop to. I think ours should be similar, in away that the prologue details about the major antagonist and how his/her/its actions would indefinitely tie all our characters as the plot progressed, which afterwards would come the individual chapters for each characters that I have been thinking.

So on that note, please think ahead of what your prologue should be as we will just help you edit it afterwards when you're ready to submit it.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/2/2012 18:59:40 >
DF MQ  Post #: 82
10/2/2012 18:58:28   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Meh, Stein is too violent for small chat
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 83
10/2/2012 19:02:49   
Glais

quote:

his

Not what I meant Dx I know you're a guy, I had Galatea on my mind at the time of writing the sentence and it screwed up my wording.
quote:

He doesn't? But didn't he work for them before?

Huh? He did work for RD. I mean it's nearly impossible for him, or RD for that matter to know about the Spirals. Spirals were located close enough to know about Magic. RD is so remote that the concept is alien to their culture. Thus Verge could not have anything to do with Spiral as Mort had proposed.
quote:

Well, he IS the only one who can talk to Galatea afterall. Though I don't think he'll get much help from her early on.

True, but at the same time you never know what could happen. Verge's story is effectively Galatea's in reverse if you think about it.
DF MQ  Post #: 84
10/2/2012 19:07:01   
VanHellsin24
Banned

I think I'll have Dr. Stein contemplating on his past actions before heading out on a mage hunt for my prologue.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 85
10/2/2012 19:11:07   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

True, but at the same time you never know what could happen.

She'll ask him to install an mpeg layer device that plays Lutwidge Van Thrübben pieces so she can listen to Thrübben's 9th Symphony all the time. :D

quote:

Thus Verge could not have anything to do with Spiral as Mort had proposed.

Yeah. The Great Spiral is just out of Verge's line of work. You do not ask a scientist about how to achieve Nirvana. You ask a Buddhist monk. We just can't cram all the tie-in details to our characters alone, that's what supporting and minor characters are for.

^

Start writing Van. It's a long road ahead. Hehe

DF MQ  Post #: 86
10/2/2012 19:15:03   
VanHellsin24
Banned

Since this writing is special I'll be making a Google Docs.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 87
10/2/2012 19:15:05   
Glais

Although it is interesting that two unrelated characters, Verge and Alphard ended up having such similar goals and discoveries. Things like that could make for very interesting sections when Verge meets Galatea.

As for my prologue, it would likely simply cover the events that caused Verge to run away from the City and give a chance to show off The Living Machine's personality a bit. It will probably act quite a bit like Emotion from Past Present, though a little less on the ditz.
DF MQ  Post #: 88
10/2/2012 19:17:08   
Mortarion

I'll probably writte as for the why Sarpedon murdered The Cult, and what he did afterwards
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 89
10/2/2012 19:17:40   
lordkaho
Creative!

Great.

By the way, the prologue (the first one) is most important.

What do you guys want to see?
DF MQ  Post #: 90
10/2/2012 19:20:08   
Glais

Well I guess we need to decide what the central antagonist, or antagonistic force is. Problem is at the moment we arguably have two things that could work. Mort's Gang and the Rainy Days Corporation.

Smething outside of that though, I've got no idea...
DF MQ  Post #: 91
10/2/2012 19:20:51   
Mortarion

Then, please, tell us
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
10/2/2012 19:39:26   
lordkaho
Creative!

@Glais

Problem is though, it's kinda onesided.

I mean, Stein wants to fight the Mage Council and Paladin Order, Galatea wants to fight Life itself, Sarpedon wants to fight The Man and The Establishment who keeps bringing him down, and Verge has the RD chasing him.

These are all personal antagonists. We need an antagonist whose views scope everything.

Hmm...I have only two things in mind.

1. A Man who wants to merge the powers of both the Western and Eastern Hemispheres to a create a utopia but his methods are of the great extremist type
2. Classic monster from another dimension/plane/world. Specifically, a primordial being- one who has existed since the foundation of the world and as always, some fool released it. Goal is to assimilate all of mankind into a single consciousness, a plan that was thwarted before.

The problem though with no.1 is that is already Mortarion's plot, so it simply feels recycled, while with the second, I can already see us arguing about different pantheons.

DF MQ  Post #: 93
10/2/2012 19:42:46   
Glais

I'd prefer the first. Eldritch Dimension Horror from Ancient Times has been done to death and then some. At least with a guy trying to merge Science and Magic we can make him an interesting character, even if the premise may be unoriginal. Plus, a guy with those goals accurate works with all of our characters.

On number 2, the only time I've seen an especially unique Eldritch Horror is The Yellow Light gods from the flash game The Breach, or arguably Red from Godzilla NES Creepypasta. Only the former COULD work here and I don't know on that.
DF MQ  Post #: 94
10/2/2012 19:44:03   
Mortarion

And if we mix both?

Also, did you do the drawings of Sarpedon and Verge? On that note, I can see Sarpedon and Verge allying themselves
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
10/2/2012 19:44:29   
VanHellsin24
Banned

I had the idea of a main antagonist that the story could possess since none of the characters portrayed main antagonist qualities. I would re-create it but that's if you guys want to learn of it.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 96
10/2/2012 19:45:23   
lordkaho
Creative!

Hmm...Okay.

Care to give us some insight on what that antagonist is Van?

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 10/2/2012 19:46:42 >
DF MQ  Post #: 97
10/2/2012 19:46:15   
Glais

quote:

On that note, I can see Sarpedon and Verge allying themselves

How's that exactly? I would think a creepy cultist would register on Verge's "Mad experiments trying to kill me" list xD

And sure Van, any ideas are appreciated.
DF MQ  Post #: 98
10/2/2012 19:47:07   
Mortarion

Well, I'd say that we mix the eldritch being, with the extremist activist, perhaps he was possessed, or we could mix The Spiraling Dawn, Rainy Days, a reborn The Cult and the Council of Mages.

Glais: Sarpedon could protect Verge from RD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
10/2/2012 19:53:19   
VanHellsin24
Banned

The main antagonist would be a sentinel being who mirrors all beings of this dimension *meaning it can take on the form and use the abilities of all beings in the dimension*. It's true form is something that no mortal or immortal eyes could see, lest they fall into madness trying to discern a possible form it has. It's soul purpose is to cause complete chaos among those it wants to target. I named the being Ancognolia.

Ancognolia wants to basically screw over our character's missions and warp their destinies into something they never expected. The intended purpose is to drive them insane, and if they are regardless, send their minds into a complete oblivion. Ancognolia will then leave them to rot in the shade and pick its next targets soon after.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> The Work Table >> RE: [COLLAB] Project VanHo MortAurus *Under Construction*
Page 4 of 14«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition