Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why is it so hard to play this days?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why is it so hard to play this days?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/1/2012 19:15:10   
Jortrunks

I'm a lvl 35 F2P MERC and I got top Non-Varium gear. So I donīt get why Iīm lossing so much, been trying a lot of builds, none is effective for eighter Solo or Team. Asked for a build on the Strategy section, no replies...

So why theses days had been so hard for me, check my page, I don't look weak, but I am. Still donīt get why..!

What do I have to do to be a good player for eighter Solo or Team, please tell me, this game is starting to get boring for me, because Iīm lossing way too much...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/1/2012 19:27:14   
One Winged Angel1357

Can I ask a question of how many enhancements you have to figure out a fair guess at how many levels behind you are
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/1/2012 19:30:23   
Jortrunks

None enhancements, as I loose a lot I cant afford enhancements. But all my weapons and armor are lvl 35.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/1/2012 19:44:26   
Ranloth
Banned

Enhancements make a lot of difference, no wonder you lose since they are crucial. You still get Credits from losing and farming during Power Hour could give you a hand to afford first few enhancements per item (so you get 1st slot on all items perhaps and it costs 12K for 4 items instead of 4 slots on one item which costs much more).
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
10/1/2012 19:50:01   
One Winged Angel1357

Your gear gives 29.25 levels in stat modifiers

The latest Varium gear gives 30.75 levels with NO enhancements but because we are not fools here we will give atleast half of their total enhancements to them for one data point and full enhancements for the other.
35 levels with half enhancements
40 levels with full enhancements

So you are losing so much because you are between 5.75 levels and 10.75 levels behind your varium using enemy. Which as we all know is just outside to well outside the realms of the the match making system. In simple terms your out gunned

and if your wondering what I picked for Varium gear here it is
http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Dage%27s_Haunted_Boomstick
http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Elite_Charbinger_Axe
http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Super_Mecha_Disintegrator
http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Platinum%27s_Pride_(Level_35)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/1/2012 23:06:21   
Luna_moonraider

well u can always npc to get credits and do 2v2/1v1 during power hour to farm credits that is what i do always and u could also sell your extra rusted assault bot aand all yer broken weps to get enh. i suggest npcing and enh armor first. u could always split enh to get more stats and enh are very very important now without it well u cant survive. without enh non var cannot do anything much as the matchmaking system does not care about how much enh u have.

Tips/tricks of farming:

1) Always double npc. what is double npcing? double npcing: e.g. start npcing at round 1.40 pm finish the 15 npc for the 1pm slot and directly continue with the 2pm npcs. time your 15 npc per hour. gauge and double npc. cheapskate/greedy tip: always stall the last npc just before power hour so u get X2 credits. yes i always do this. i m 1 greedy player XD.

2) set a goal for a daily number of credits to farm say 3k credits per day. setting a per day goal helps.

3) boosters. boosters are always important for non variums without it well it is harder to farm i guess. yes they cost credits but the can help u in battles.

4) set your start point to be at a locating where u can reach MOST of the npc u can kill in less than 10 sec. k my start point is at the infernal mines because i kill both mecha(lvl 30 and 35).plan your npc route. here is an example of my npc route: mecha 30,mecha 35,jump to frystland,kill fenris/yeti hulk-next hour npc kill fenris/yeti hulk-jump to infernal-kill lawman/lvl 35 mecha-end the route with lvl 30 mecha.

well hope it helps as for a build i will try to help ya when i m free will post at ya tread at build section soon.

AQW Epic  Post #: 6
10/2/2012 22:53:19   
King Helios

I fought you; 85 HP is a Baaaaad idea in 2vs2.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/3/2012 0:12:21   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Wait... How do you set a spawn point O.o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/3/2012 10:12:49   
Rayman
Banned

^
Click Map and Save Location.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/3/2012 12:11:03   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

This is exactly the type of situation that ought to be of great concern to the staff. There needs to be another method of gaining Credits that would benefit Non-Varium players. Otherwise, there will be many more people like Jortrunks who get fed up with the game and possibly leave, especially as levels increase. It's easy for Varium players to say "well, you can just farm NPCs", but for most Non-Varium players who cannot afford enhancements, this is not an easy thing to do.

That said, judging from what was described in the OP, there's really no realistic solution other than keep playing 2v2 and hope you get good partners. Save up your credits and by this time in 2013, you can fully enhance your primary weapon. That is, if NPC farming doesn't work for you and you decide not to leave.

Epic  Post #: 10
10/3/2012 13:19:48   
khalidon5000

...and if that weapon isn't rendered obsolete by the time it is fully enhanced (which I highly doubt) :P
Epic  Post #: 11
10/3/2012 15:51:40   
zion

Exactly the issue... By the time a normal f2p can enhance a few slots, stronger weps are released for both varium and non-var, so whats the point? Enhancements should be credit-only and much cheaper - why should varium users pay twice for their equipment - plus it favors earning credits before you can just enhance everything with varium. My 2 cents,
--Noiz

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/3/2012 20:21:53   
Luna_moonraider

well i usually enh in this order: armor>aux>gun>primary. basically new armor are rare for non variums so i almost always fully enh an armor asap(as slow as possible naw jk XD). the next rare thing on the list is auxes but well if u want a aux with the best stat i would go for carrierzooka and graphite gun. weps are common but good weps are rare for non variums(well idk but in beta and gamma this was the case ).

@drekon

well with a str build u can kill most of the npc even without enhancement. str bh can smoke and mass. str tm and bm can use bludgeon and da helps them as well as malf for str mages. str ch can make use of malf and mass. str tlm can loop ds again and again or go poison str build. str merc have zerk,bc,ds,maul lots of skill which improves/help str build. well str builds are so effective at low lvl and at high lvls on npcs and in normal battles. so if ya dont have enh go str and everything would be fine(well not really there blocks deflects ect ect which are luck factor it happens so yeah). str build can farm fast and do well in 1v1 and 2v2 at times.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/3/2012 21:40:33   
friend18

... You were running a build with only 85 health... Sheesh. At least use 95 health!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/3/2012 21:54:05   
Angels Holocaust

If you're running a build with only 85 hp, then you deserve to lose. 1 crit and you're finished.
Post #: 15
10/3/2012 22:08:03   
Mother1

LoL and it is because of this OPness that the agility bonus counts for nothing, and we have people running around with 100+ health. But on a serious note I have a build with only 88 health, and even so I can still beat players running around with 140 health since with all this health comes a lack of defense and resist.
Epic  Post #: 16
10/3/2012 22:11:02   
Stabilis

@Angels,

Why would players with 42 health to 49 health deserve to lose? Sure they may lose either often or speedily due to less damage being needed for a KO but that is still a build option.

I blame Strength, luck, rage, damage skills, Practel.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
10/3/2012 22:24:01   
Jortrunks

I already bought 4 enhancements for my armor and 2 for my axe, all went to tech, because I'm using a 5 focus build to use my infernal android, so if i want to have decent defences I need to use only 85 health and 43 energy (min) Using lvl 3 heal lvl 4 double, max hybrid armor, lvl 7 intimidate, lvl 6 stun and 7 adrenaline.

So I do what i have to do till i get to rage and use bot, its my most effective build these days, and i'm keeping it cuz its not that bad.

It's hard to get enhancements, and I won't enhance gun and aux, because they are regular high lvl weapons. My armor and axe are wotrth enhancing I think, beaxcuse they are actual varium weapons for credits, so thats why I enhance them.

I'm doing good on 2vs2 now, just lost twice today.

I hope enhancements become cheaper so the gap between varium users and F2P shrinks.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/3/2012 23:37:04   
Luna_moonraider

85 hp is not enuf for a tank as a non var that i why i rather use a str build/stat abuse.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/4/2012 3:10:41   
rayniedays56

Well, I really don't know what to say. I use a level 35 Varium merc, and I also use a combination of 19-23 damage and 139HP/75EP build.
I admit it would be VERY hard for a F2P to do this, but what I have found with mercs is that they have the MOST build options. I have even used builds that do not overly rely on HA or strength.

(tech abuse/bunker buster anyone?)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/4/2012 12:26:00   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Now this is something that is certainly something pretty hard to answer from my point of view.

The first thing I think that you should do if you are losing a lot, is look at your build. I've seen quite a few Non-Variums with no/little enhancements that have great records, because they have great builds. Secondly, if you don't feel that's the issue, you can solve it by 2v2'ing, and if you don't like that, try doing missions and battling NPC's. We've introduced multiple ways to get credits, including power hour, and they're there to be taken advantage of.

The other thing I think needs covering, is the whole 'gap between Varium and Non-Varium players', it's certainly a difficult one. Both groups keep this game alive, and we are incredibly grateful to every single player, Varium or not. Now, Varium players were pretty annoyed that some of the Non-Varium items have became as good as the Varium items. Non-Varium players still see it as unfair, because Varium players have an advantage. The issue is, there needs to be a gap, because no one would ever purchase Varium if there was no advantage to it. Nobody to purchase Varium = no way to fund the game = no game. So there has to be a gap. The thing is, we have tried very hard, and RabbleFroth has put in a lot of thought into how to make it fair so Non-Varium players stand a chance, and can play the game, while Variums still get an advantage.

I think quite a few people have gave some good advice to the OP in this, but at the same time, it's not really a discussion and doesn't belong here, belonging more in the Battle Strategy section.

~Locked~
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why is it so hard to play this days?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition