Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/8/2012 16:42:19   
ambien

l will tell u how if u remb casters if they wanted to use the skills they changed to dex the 1 skill we had to put more dex in stats which we use all tech so now we lost tech because we had to use it dex wow dnt u remb or was it to long ago

always the syfy
Post #: 176
10/8/2012 16:44:54   
Ranloth
Banned

Tech was for PB and Multi and Dex for Overload and SC. I do remember that, I was one of the Casters back then and I adjusted Multi by taking it out for SC. So what if progression is different? You could still use Dex like before but with Multi not SC and Tech received more like a nerf-buff. Also it's quite hard to understand you. >.>
AQ Epic  Post #: 177
10/8/2012 16:45:38   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

It's not our fault if you decided to use Rain and train dex rather than switch to Super Charge and continue abusing tech.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 178
10/8/2012 16:49:04   
ambien

btw l never used that build rain with bolt sorry for breaking the news to u

always the syfy
Post #: 179
10/8/2012 18:37:20   
ScarletReaper

Caster TM IS a bit op'ed. How do I know? I tried it out for a while with great success. Am I one now? no. Why? I hate common builds. Plus my 5 focus mage pwns casters. A little strategy goes a long way. ;p Do I think casters need a SLIGHT fix? Yes. Will it kill people to add a little strength to use PB? No. Would they have to adjust thier build slightly or change to a new build? Probably. Is that a bad thing? No.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 180
10/8/2012 19:00:34   
The Astral Fury

BH's are very balanced, but I feel masscre is too strongmaybe bring it down to 120% at max would be better.
DF AQW  Post #: 181
10/8/2012 19:22:52   
kittycat

I use a 5 focus caster build that works like a caster but doesn't have the endless energy pool and HP is not even 110. It's pretty effective and on occasion, I defeat the so-called Tech Spammer biuild.

< Message edited by kittycat -- 10/8/2012 20:33:34 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 182
10/9/2012 1:05:13   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Holy moly!
Trying a str Merc
Found out, wasting a turn on blood commander is NOT worth it
I Maul, Berserker, then depending on their class, I either intimidate or double strike, then if I intimidated, then I use Maul again
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 183
10/9/2012 1:08:13   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@blaze I say put a support req on Maul. Back in Gamma when the new frost gear came out I made a tank str build that would've met any req in dex or tech put onto Maul. I had minimum support though so a support would definitely have limited that build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 184
10/9/2012 1:22:06   
Blaze The Aion Ender

My tech is like... 30 base
My support is 28
my dex is 42, for obvious reasons
My maul is... hmmm... 4 or 6.... can't remember
It's a decent build, only, having minimum 30 defenses after armor seems kinda low, I still take a ton of damage
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
10/9/2012 1:42:03   
reistar

You guys should help the Tactical Mercenaries, they're the weakest class now, and every class, and I'm mean EVERY CLASS, could dominate them easily in seconds... You guys should fix that.
Epic  Post #: 186
10/9/2012 2:05:43   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@reistar
I was recently, since I am a class hopper, and I can surely tell you that TLM is nowhere near UP if used correctly
It is a slow class, and only truly effective with a 5 focus build at high lvls, but can have an above 90% win ratio, despite all the str BHs and focus BM's, which seem to be the two dominating classes currently.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 187
10/9/2012 3:32:14   
ScarletReaper

tlm is far from underpowered. It's slow, and requires some strategy, but very effective. It is by far the most effective tank and heal looping class, has an amazing poison ability, and is king of juggernaut.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 188
10/9/2012 4:43:51   
Ranloth
Banned

Issue with TLMs? It's too slow for them. You know what? Lies. Just invest in Str a lot like abusers, try to cover Dex/Tech requirements, E Armor + Mineral, invest quite a bit in Frenzy + Heal + Reroute so you can still Heal from time to time and it won't be useless; TLMs can easily get to 30 Res/Def including Armors (E + Mineral) which will cover some of the damage and abuse Str like crazy.
I've seen some of TLMs using this build, it's fast and works just as well. Assault Bot is good to have with it and it's not slow as I said.
AQ Epic  Post #: 189
10/9/2012 9:42:37   
Wootz

quote:

Support TM's are really OP! And every one will disigree because your one of them, but their ridiculos! So this guy malf's me and takes away 52 technology away... 52! And now he has an aux that does 22-27 +39 damage not to mention my defenses are garbage. He does 57 damage like what the heck! I then attack and do whatever then he whips out his sidearm which wouldn't be so strong, but because he has deadly aim it's 16-20+35+10 plus my defenses are still awful so he does 69 damage on a critical hit, I'm at 2 health. He goes for the infernal android special attack now keep in mind I have no defense he's gonna do 140% cause of it's special, and because he has high spport and it's been a few turns he raging. And then he crits so he does 65 damage r even higher I forget the last one.

That's a weak! I've had more as a Cyber Hunter. My average damage was between 61-70. But both defense and resistance are crappy, I was running around with 20-24 & 19-23 and 26-32 +39 Auxiliary damage.
This is the top I've done:
Static Charge a.k.a. primary: 72 damage
Auxiliary: 89 damage
Gun: got no idea, I don't use that crap.
AQW Epic  Post #: 190
10/9/2012 10:51:18   
D.v.D.

tlm have no real synergy between skills

spoiler:

inb4 fc,frenzy,doublestrike and atomsmasher
AQ Epic  Post #: 191
10/9/2012 15:05:19   
Promiscuous

That's about right tbh... I use mainly 1-2 (heal and sometimes frenzy) active skills in most fights with my focus tlm.
TLM doesn't need a buff or a nerf but something to make it more versatile.

< Message edited by Promiscuous -- 10/9/2012 15:06:02 >
Post #: 192
10/9/2012 16:18:23   
ScarletReaper

You people comparing tlm to ch remember, the issue is wether or not tlm is underpowered, not wether their attacks do more damage than ch attacks do. All I know is tlm is THE best tanking class in the game, and has the best poison in the game, has reroute, which is waaaaaaaaaay better than static charge now, and can make good support builds with their multi and field commander.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 193
10/9/2012 16:35:25   
ur going to fail

all classes are p. much balanced atm I'd say.

but i think a slight nerf to DA/BL is called for.
Epic  Post #: 194
10/9/2012 19:04:37   
deltaknight7

i think supp needs to be buffed a little
Epic  Post #: 195
10/9/2012 20:27:22   
ur going to fail

they should make bludgeon staff only again! finishing touchs on making game balanced forreal; then change shadow arts to increasing chances to hit, not chances to block.
Epic  Post #: 196
10/9/2012 21:44:30   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@ur going to fail make bludgeon staff only is a good idea. but making shadow arts more of a chance to hit is useless. and its the only defence cybers have against strength spamming other classes.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
10/9/2012 21:47:33   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

They made Bludgeon into swords and staff because Double Strike isn't limited to class weapons. If you want to change Bludgeon to staff only then you'll probably need to buff it someway or do the same on Double Strike.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 198
10/9/2012 21:51:58   
Stabilis

Cheap Shot is still a blob. Not only do swords have to be able to Cheap a Shot as does Double Strike and Bludgeon- but also to change that bonus to critical strike to increased armour ignorance!
AQ Epic  Post #: 199
10/9/2012 21:56:35   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@void It's probably because it ignores defense and has extra chance to crit as well as both hunters having further ways to buff the damage of it that it's limited to claws. You also have to consider that they would only have 2 class weapon specific skills without Cheap Shot just like TMs who have 3 class weapon specific skills.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII
Page 8 of 15«<678910>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition